At the curb

With all the chaos and clutter inside the busy strip club Chryseis had lost track of Panos. Knowing that he was most likely looking for Alexandra she made her way to the exit.

There she found Panos sitting on the curb staring down the street. To the left of him was Edward, her driver, standing confused. She nooded to him to retrieve the car.

"Don't you have her phone number?" She said to Panos matter of fact.

Panos Mehalitsenos 15 years ago
By the time he made it outside there was no trace of her. Sitting on the curb he sighed. What would he have said to her anyways? -Oh hey fancy seeing you here! Do you come to the strip club often?-

The clicking of heels on cement notified him of Chryseis's arrival.

"Don't you have her phone number?" She had asked him.

He pulled out his little black flip phone and ran his thumb over the top of it.

"Of course I do. Am I just supossed to call out of the blue? Hey how's it going hows the townhome treating you?"
Chryseis Angelique 15 years ago
Chryseis rolled her eyes from behind Panos. Discreetly she joined him at the curb.

Looking down she saw that she had pulled his cell phone out and was carassing it. She shrudded at the ancient black flip phone.

"For starters we'll get you a new phone. Haven't you seen what they have these days? A little screen that does everything with the touch of your finger. Movies, music, something called text messaging. It's a very nice organizer that lets you call people basically."
He shot her a dirty look.

"Appartently I've missed all the new releases of tech savy porportions in my coma."

She only stared at him in response. It was like talking to a wall at times.
"Well, what's next." Her questions always ended on a flat note almost making each one sound more like a statement than anything.

She liked being around Panos, it mixed things up. A part of her was even glad he was back. As much of a pain in the ass and a huge liability that he was he still gave life some color.

"It seems I'm all dressed up with no where to go."
He snorted and looked over his shoulder at Chryseis.

It was almost funny to see her all dressed up and now sitting on the curb. Her efforts to remain decent and graceful appeared too easy for a woman in a dress.

"I don't know."

A sudden chill ran down his spine and the hair on his neck rose up. That feeling of being watched came back and he quickly turned to look behind them.
Chryseis watched Panos swing around suddenly. She could see in his eyes that something had changed, he looked panic stricken for a brief moment. Casual she joined in the direction of his gaze.

Nothing out of the ordinary was happening behind them. People in line to get into babylon, others walking the street hand in hand. Her gaze shifted back on him.

"Let's get out of here. I have some things for you. Catch you up to speed these days. You need a vechile to chase after this Alexandra. There will be no more curbs for you to sit and mope on. "

Her car had pulled up over five minutes ago but it had sat idling waiting for her move. She stood and dusty her backside off.

"Ready?"
After a brief pause he stood.

"We're going car shopping?" he asked as they got into the vehicle.

The doors closed around them locking simultaneously and she only smiled.

"Not exactly."

(ooc : Chryseis and Panos out)