Housewarming Party

Thaddeus paced the kitchen of his new apartment, glancing at the phone every so often. It was early yet, too early to call on Alfarinn, really. Instead, he listened to the odd echo that his footsteps made in the nearly unfurnished three bedroom suite.

The past two days had been stressful for him; procuring the apartment and other necessities for the mission ahead of them, deceiving the elders, and all the time turning the conversation in the limo over and over in his mind. Not to mention the nagging fear that he was being watched, that they had been discovered, that Alfarinn was deceiving him, that the rats in the sewers would do him in, and on and on, a hundred little worries nagging at him as he paced and waited to page Alfarinn.

He passed the phone again, a small, shiny mobile he had purchased the day before and which he did not entirely comprehend, and reached out for it.

Too early. He is likely sleeping.

Thaddeus himself was running on very little sleep. Dreams nagged at his subconscious when he was able to rest, and it took so long to fall back asleep that he felt it best not to bother.

And again he passed by the phone. Sighing, he picked it up and dialed, smiling at how easy the number had been to remember after all.

Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn looked at his pager once again to make sure he was at the correct address. This looked like the right place and it was in a good location. He made his way to the correct apartment number.

Thaddeus has got to be hating this. Going from a Manor to a threadbare hole in the wall. Not that Alfarinn could say anything, he was personally spoiled by his own living quarters. Penthouse suite at the top of one of the towers. The whole few floors were his with all the high tech conveniences he could possibly want and room service to boot.

He tugged on his clothing once in an effort to make them look better than they did. Alfarinn frowned at the black t-shirt and jeans but they were planning on heading places that would probably get them dirty.

Knocking on the door quietly, Alfarinn leaned on the side of the door frame and waited patiently for Thaddeus to come let him in.
Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
Thaddeus jumped slightly less than a mile when he heard the knock at the door.

God, get it together Thaddeus Grey.

He walked over to the door quickly and peeked through the small peephole. Seeing Alfarinn at his doorstep, he opened the door swiftly and ushered him inside, barely giving the other man a glance as he looked first left, then right, down the hallway leading to his apartment. No one there. Good. He shut the door just as Alfarinn made his way through and turned to him.

You weren't seen? Followed? Did your departure cause suspicion?
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn walked into the room and stepped slightly to the side. He watched Thaddeus with no small amount of amusement. He's a nervous wreck. This seemed to be a perfectly functional mode for the Anantya so he did not choose to worry about it.

The place was sparse but clean, Alfarinn leaned against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

Smiling, he said.

"No, I was not seen, not followed and not asked. I am a social deviant. That's my job."
Thaddeus nodded absently. Good enough.

Social deviant, though? How odd; Thaddeus found the man easy enough to get along with. Perhaps those with lesser control over their own emotions would find it uncomfortable to be around an empath. He himself was sometimes ill at ease with it, he had to admit.

Well, this is the abode for the moment. I would say humble, but the understatement is a bit much. I'd offer you a chair, but..

Thaddeus gestured around the bare living room.

I did manage to procure some necessities should returning home not be an option. It's a three bedroom, so if you or Mai, or both, find yourselves equally unable to return to your normal quarters, there is a safe place here.

I'm having a security system installed, of course, but even with my considerable resources I will have to wait until tomorrow's appointment for that. Still, it is safe enough, and well located.

Thaddeus looked around the room as he spoke, occasionally meeting Alfarinn's eyes but in reality explaining the situation as much to himself as anyone.

I suppose we should be off, then, unless you want a tour?
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn would say this for him, all that worrying seemed to be helpful. Thaddeus was getting things done in an orderly fashion. He looked around the place and while the first thought that came to his mind was that he could hardly get lost in it should he need to find something, that was far from polite.

Thaddeus did plan on living here for a bit so the least Alfarinn could do was go on the proper tour.

"Certainly, unless you'd rather get started now and do that later."
Thaddeus shrugged aimlessly and gestured around.

Well, here's the living room, over there is the dining room and you can see the kitchen on the other side of the bar. Which is, I regret to say, empty; I myself do not partake.

Thaddeus took a few steps, then stopped.
And down this...hallway...are the bedrooms. Each has their own bath. The door closest to us on the right leads to a utility closet.

He turned back to Alfarinn.
That's about the long and short of it. Though if you want to choose a room, you're welcome to; I doubt it will make much difference where I sleep in this place.

Thaddeus smirked and tugged self consciously at the top button of his shirt.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn grinned at the quick tour. He supposed it was far from homey without furniture. Hopefully Thaddeus wouldn't find it totally unbearable.

"No, you made the arrangements. It's your place. You get first pick. While I can be terribly spoiled I do know that I can sleep on the cold hard ground...in Norway. So any bedroom will do. "

He smiled and put a hand on Thaddeus's shoulder.

"Shall we go? Probably best to get this part done with the first time." Return visits to the sewers were not likely to be as bad as this first one. It would be good to know just how hard this was going to be on the man.
Thaddeus, still jumpy, stiffened imperceptibly at the hand on his shoulder, then calmed himself. Half of his mind conjured a mental image of Alfarinn just as easily reaching out and snapping his neck; he had not really observed how -tall- the other man was until he stood next to him.

Just nerves. Get. It. Together.
He tried to conjure a smile as he looked up at Alfarinn, but felt it probably looked more like a smirk. Still, he did his best to play off his anxiety.

Indeed, let's.

He pulled a pair of heavy gloves out of his jacket, then decided he was better off without extra encumbrance. Moving toward a row of hooks on the wall closest the door, he stripped off the jacket and hung it up.

Shall we?
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn quickly let go of Thaddeus and headed towards the door. Holding it open, he said.

"After you."

He ran a hand through him hair and sighed inwardly, he had the feeling this was going to be a long night. Especially if he jumps when I touch him. A rat running across his path might cause him to faint.
A gentleman. Not someone trying to kill you. Right then. Move your feet.

With that he passed through the door, then waited for Alfarinn to exit so he could lock it behind them both. When that was done, and the door checked (twice), he turned back to Alfarinn.

The nearest...entrance...is this way.

And Thaddeus turned and walked smartly down the hallway, sealing his fate.

/ooc Thaddeus out