Flashbacks

I recently ran into a bit of trouble: while RP'ing a flash back, I did this:

The ball soared through the air. "Wow, that went far!" Steve said.

Steve woke from the dream with a start. "That was the wierdest thing that's ever happened to me." he mumbled.

Is this a mistake? If so, how do I distinguish between the dream and the reality?

Ellis Duban 15 years ago
You can separate it like you did there. Be careful if you use different colors - there are different color skins on the board and switching from the defaulted color can screw up your post. I think a lot of people just keep it in italics though.
Steven 15 years ago
Do you mean:

Steve woke from the dream with a start. "That was the wierdest thing that's ever happened to me." he mumbled.

or

Ellis Duban 15 years ago
Probably without the line makes more sense. You just need to be clear to the reader what's going on.
Kem`Raaisu 15 years ago
I have use asterisks in the past... just by separating the flashback/dream/memory from reality with a single line like so:

Or even just three little *** by themselves.
Steven 15 years ago
Ok, so, just to be sure, the way I was going is perfectly fine, and if anyone complains, I can direct them to this thread with a complementry "fuck you?"
Ellis Duban 15 years ago
Steven;43083
Ok, so, just to be sure, the way I was going is perfectly fine, and if anyone complains, I can direct them to this thread with a complementry "fuck you?"

Uh, no.
Steven 15 years ago
Which part, the FU or the style? Because I can understand the first one, but it it is the second one, I'm seriously confused.
Ellis Duban 15 years ago
The latter - we all play nice in this sand box =D
Steven 15 years ago
Got it.

*sarcastic cough*

"We all play nice." Riiiiiiiiiight.....
Celeste 15 years ago
*bonks Steve with a giant foam bat* We do all play nice here! Now granted some of us like being played with a bit rougher than others but it's all good.. we ask sweetly before unleashing hell upon one another *nods*
Steven 15 years ago
yeah, i know. It's all good. Watch where you're swinging that thing, or something bad might happen to you....

*laughs*

THANKS YA'LLS!!!!!