I have no idea what I'm involved in!

Um, I was looking for some basics on this place's take on the vampire:

1. What kills those things? Anything good? I know of fire, sun, decapitation, and possibly wounds, if they don't get blood.
2. What myths and legends of vamps (stake through the heart, lack of image on film, ect.) are true, and what arn't?
3. What are the specs on a vamp? I mean, how does a vamp think? What makes one tick?
4. What are some good anti-vampire weapons. A flamethrower, obviously, but what else?
5. Vamp distinction: how the heck does a human tell a vampire from a fellow human without asking?
6. What are the other distinctive characteristics of a vamp? (Body heat, water composition, ect.)

I have a feeling that this intelligence is stashed in some dusty old forum somewhere, but I have looked everywhere, and have found nothing.

Aishe 15 years ago
Start here and continue here.

If those don't answer all your vampire-y questions feel free to post here some more or PM your friendly admin types.
Renee 15 years ago
I have also not found any of these things. Except on the distinction of a vampire part. I read somewhere that a vampire doesn't have any special awareness of other vamps. So there would be no way as for humans to be aware. Only how they move, present themselves, and little hints to give them away. But of course you must have a highly perception to even get a glance of something not being right or something missing.

I would say try all myths and legends about killing vampires. When something fails the move on to the next. lol
Aishe 15 years ago
See above please.
Ellis Duban 15 years ago
We spent months answering all those questions during the creation process - please follow the links Aishe provided and if you have any additional questions, let us know.
Ellis Duban 15 years ago
Just for shits and giggles =D

1. What kills those things? Anything good? I know of fire, sun, decapitation, and possibly wounds, if they don't get blood.

No, that's about it. I suppose you could just be creative about it.

2. What myths and legends of vamps (stake through the heart, lack of image on film, ect.) are true, and what arn't?

Vampires appear human. Stakes, mirror image, garlic - none of those apply to ours. They are sensitive to the sun but you don't get the whole instant explosion - especially if they are middle aged or ancient. It's more of a slow smolder.

3. What are the specs on a vamp? I mean, how does a vamp think? What makes one tick?

That's up to the creator of the vampire - that is why we ask specific questions about strengths, weaknesses, fears, etc. Mentally they are no different than a human who's lived a multiple amount of life times. Century long experiences make an interesting person.

4. What are some good anti-vampire weapons. A flamethrower, obviously, but what else?

Again be as creative as you like - with permission from the vampire you are fighting with of course if its not an NPC.

5. Vamp distinction: how the heck does a human tell a vampire from a fellow human without asking?

Humans can't, period. They do not have tinted skin, huge ass fangs (unless the character specifies they do in their bio) or run around hissing. They appear as normal as any human.

6. What are the other distinctive characteristics of a vamp? (Body heat, water composition, ect.)

Again, nothing outside the human norm. Keep in mind, the board wasn't created with an unlimited amount of vampires available for mass killing. That's not what we're about. We appreciate carnage but keep it down to a minimum. Any human mass killing vampires would not go unnoticed - not realistically. That type of thing will be restricted by staff. SA is a vampire/werewolf world hidden in plain human view - enjoy yourself but please do not go overboard.
Renee 15 years ago
LOL...thanks for the giggles Ellis. I believe that's it in a nut shell.
Steven 15 years ago
Well, thanks ya'll! I now have a few options for Steve when he is getting creamed by hostile vamps. Also, don't worry, this is defensive tactics only. Nobody is going Van Husen (i think i spelled right!) on this one-horse town anytime soon. Although i was wondering two more things: is there any way for them to hang in the sun for a day, and is there any toxin that kills or maims vampires? after that, i should have everything we need.
Amberelle DeEspionne 15 years ago
I do believe ancients (IE like the clan leaders, not any PCs) can have *brief* sun exposure. few minutes maybe a few hours but that whole time they will be at a slow smolder and in pain so why would they want to?
Aishe 15 years ago
I supose technically if you had some way to block any and all UV rays, like, say, a big UV-proof blanket, you could theoretically keep a vampire out "in the sun" all day, but with head-to-toe coverage I don't think that's exactly what you're looking for.

The older the vampire, the longer they can tolerate the sun, but even the oldest vampire on our boards would likely be dead in less than an hour.

I do not believe there is any toxin in existance that will either kill or maim a vampire. Unless you consider fire a toxin.
Aishe you make me think of Blade where they walk through the sun in those bad ass suits into the ancient temple and Triple H flips off the sun *giggle*
Steven 15 years ago
Yeah, about that: There seems to be a lot of familiar stuff around here....

House of Pain
familiars
the Trinity Jordan character's first name (can anyone say "matrix"?)
the Steven Rowland/Nicole Rowland characters (my own creation, but I keep recycling characters, thus Steve and Nikki are here in this land of darkness...)
ect.
ect.
ect.

Hmm, maybe those movies could be inspiration. At least Blade......
Not Blade! No psycho vampie hunting bad ass mofo's!! *shakes fist*

And you can't be a half breed Daywalker vamp. Because if you could I already would have been so no you can't =p
Steven 15 years ago
*laughs ass off*

no, tard! I meant, ideas for how to defend Steve against the fanged evil ones!

although the whole hunter thing would fit Steve should the shit hit the fan...

*evil grin*
Oh.. *glower* Well then yes Blade should be an excellent idea. Except silver and garlic don't affect the vamps here.
Steven 15 years ago
Damn, too. I was hoping for some way for a gunslinger like Steve to go modern day cowboy on a few unsuspecting vampires. Hmm, maybe if there was a superheated bullet or something. Some way to roast them from a long way away.... Of course, an explosive bullet would be fun, and something corrosive could be interesting. But I think grenades, C4, a sub-machine gun, and a good American-made flamethrower will suffice for now. Down with the blood-sucking and the flea-ridden, and back to the top with the dominant species, humans!

I just got a brainwave: lighter and a can of Axe. Instant flame thrower. Nice, eh? Got the idea from the movie The Core, where the dude uses a can of air freshener and a cigarette lighter to make a fireball.
Trin 15 years ago
oy - determined little cuss, ain't you?

in all honesty, while we all enjoy a good round of blood and mayhem, there's more to the board than that. this is as much about character development - both their strengths and weaknesses - as anything else. Some of the best storylines have had no fighting at all - but lots of tension, drama and backstabbing (can we say Sorin at his, well, best??) While Ellis may seriously enjoy a bloodbath on occasion - what she really (seems) to get off on is scaring the ever-loving shit out of people - and controlling them after doing so. but she's also gotten the shit beat out of her - adn there are few around here that would voluntarily go up against her without good cause (or a death-wish.... *grin*) It's not about killing the vamps, because the majority of them ARE NOT EVIL, nor do they kill indisriminatly. You;ll note that the majority of the hunting threads are creative uses of our powers to get what we need - and leave the "victim" clueless as to what the hell just happened. Instead - it's more about the interactions between the humans and non-humans, as well as keeping the overall storyarcs in mind. IT's really, just another day in a major US city - that just happens to be owned and (more or less) controlled by the vamps. Who are just starting to figure out that their age-old nemesis the weres are back and looking for revenge. Rather than trying to kill off any vamp you run across, might be better to figure out to get in good with them - and help deal with the werewolf issue once that really starts coming to light. There are lots of directions you can go with this... but as Roz pointed out, there just isn't an unlimited supply of vamps to go around killing without attracting unwanted attention to yourself (and to Trin - after all, she's accepted responsibility for you - which means that eventually, you'll be putting her in danger!!)
Steven 15 years ago
i know, i just wanted to be ready for the pissing contests on this open road. After all, i love hosing down the decks with testosterone!

'Bout these "werewolves," What would the answers to my questions be for them? I mean, how do you stop one? What are thier strengths and weaknesses? Distinguishing features (if any)?
Ellis Duban 15 years ago
Yeah I totally ganked House of Pain =D
Ellis Duban 15 years ago
Steven;42829
'Bout these "werewolves," What would the answers to my questions be for them? I mean, how do you stop one? What are thier strengths and weaknesses? Distinguishing features (if any)?

http://www.sanguineaffliction.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99
Steven 15 years ago
got it. i'm done here.thanks ya'lls