Battle School - The Mafia!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x282.

Battle School Mafia - Who is Your Enemy?

Signups Begin August 16
Killing Begins on August 29
Scenario - http://theangrycrayon.com/forums/sho...4995#post84995
Character Thread - http://theangrycrayon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9698
Modly Announcements - http://theangrycrayon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9555

Earth as we know it changed forever the day the formics arrived. Colloquially known as 'buggers', these terrifying, hive-minded aliens are intent on destroying all of humanity and terraforming the planet for their own expansionist purposes in a devastating third invasion...

...Or is that just what the International Fleet, an army comprised of all the nations of the Hegemony, would have everyone believe as a way of keeping their considerable power? And is Earth really as unified under this threat as they seem to be? Some think not.

Some would be right; beneath the surface, the world is dangerously close to its boiling point. Brewing resentment stirs from the non compliant nations, the ones who refuse to consent to the population restrictions and thus feel the heel of the oppressor, the IF, hardest of all. Power-hungry Russia and China vie for top-billing on the world stage while a complacent United States takes in money hand over fist in exchange for its self induced isolation.

Who will save this frightened world, from the buggers, and possibly from itself?

The answer lies in the children.

Only the best and the brightest are sent to Battle School, a space station where young geniuses are pulled away from their families, their nations, and instructed in the arts of war. They attend classes as one would expect from a first rate educational institution, but the real learning takes place in the Battle Room, where armies of children hold virtual shootouts in null-g. For these children, stripped of everything else, the game becomes everything, to the point that some can no longer remember where they came from, or what they're fighting for.

And all the while, the buggers are out there.

Who is your enemy? The aliens threatening to invade our world? The manipulative teachers of the International Fleet? All who oppose your nation? The other armies? Find out when you sign up for Battle School Mafia, based on the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card.

Panos Mehalitsenos 16 years ago
omg /panic

<3
Alec Devereaux 16 years ago
Sooooo sad. This starts while I'm on vacation. Have fun killin' without me!
Shay 16 years ago
We will try...and you try too...to have a good time without us...it'll be difficult, but persevere, and you can do it!
Amberelle DeEspionne 16 years ago
Don't be sad, somehow I think you'll manage to have a really good time on your vacation without us *giggle*
Aishe 16 years ago
Bah, who gave you permission to go on vacation anyway? And certainly not to have fun while on it!

I won't be able to sign up either, unfortunately. I am in DC at the moment doing some Smithsonian work, and will be here until early Sept. I'll be watching though and am hoping to sign up for the next one, perhaps even get the Man involved too. I mentioned Mafia to him and his eyes didn't immediately glaze over, so there's hope. :P
Ellis Duban 16 years ago
The sign ups have been extended until September 4TH so NO EXCUSES!!!! We expect everyone here to sign up!!! =D

KILLING WILL BEGIN ON SEPTEMBER 5TH.