Knock Knock

Peter Haines knocked on the door to Captain Hughes office. He had asked one of the other officers where it was, and they had pointed him in the right direction without asking questions. He had gotten the look though, which he knew he would get, whether it be because of his height because of how young he looked or both. He had stopped to look at part of the facilities and the general workspace on the way and was quite impressed with the excellent shape they kept the place in. Most stations were cluttered from the paper work, and while this one still was, it seemed like an ‘organized clutter’. It was more organized then most office buildings he had been in... but seeing how most offices he went to had something stolen and glass all over the floor or someone was dead and there was blood all over the floor, that didn't say much.

Captain James Hughes 16 years ago
His office walls were made of entirely glass. Mini blinds were in place for privacy but basically Hughes lived in a bubble, a glass one. His every move had been and will always be scrutinized by the Chief of Police and the District Attorney. Hughes was a simple man with no airs about him, but as he sat at his steel and glass desk, he wished for a little bit of wood and a new coffee maker.

Looking up at the knock, Hughes stood and grabbed hold of his tie as he stood to wave the new detective in. Through the open door, he gave the new guy a head to toe look and was grateful he had the courtesy to knock.

'Haines?' Hughes looked down at his folder and flipped a page. 'Peter Haines, is it?'
Peter Haines 16 years ago
Peter looked over the captain through the reflective sunglasses. The man seemed to be the sort of captain who didn't put himself on a pedistal above the rest of the men but still got things accomplished. Maybe it was too soon to make judgements like that, but Peter didn't think that the man would need him to stand at strict attention when talking too him. Peter did it anyway, better safe then sorry. Hands at side, feet together, head facing forward, back straight, "Yes sir." Peter answered, no inflection in his voice.
'Come in, come in.' Hughes rounded his desk and waved the man into his office. He reached out and offered Haines a firm handshake.

'Welcome to Nachton's Major Case squad. Says here you're,' Hughes leaned back to look at the folder on his desk again, 'the new CSI forensic guy. Welcome to the squad. You all settled in?'

CSI had become the #1 most sought after job in the past five years. They probably had the recent police procedural shows to thank for the heightened interest. However Nachton's CSI job was nothing close to what was on television - not by a long shot. Oh well, Hughes thought to himself, Haines will figure out the dark nuances of the city on his own. Most of the CSI guys were loners anyway, he noticed.

((OOC - Hughes is offering his hand, Haines has permission to shake and interact with him on a purely NPC level.))
Peter took the man’s hand and shook it lightly while still managing to be firm. Supernatural strength often made handshakes difficult since ‘bone breaking’ and ‘nice and firm’ were often close together, but Peter managed. “I just finished unpacking yesterday, sir.” Peter answered, “I haven’t been given my badge yet and I usually wear plain clothes when I work, makes it easier to talk to people and on the tailor.”
Hughes nodded and leaned back against his desk. He hooked his thumb back out the door and gave Haines a bored smile. 'Well head back out and the Sergeant at the front desk will give you your badge and assignments. You also might want to introduce yourself to the assistant DA at the courthouse, Shiroi Yuukaku. Our division works closely with her department so you'll get to know her fast. I'll leave you to your own interpretations when you meet her. Why spoil it?'

Hughes stood again and walked to his door, holding the door knob while casually leaning on it.
'Let me know if there's anything else you need.'
"Will do." Peter answered, then walked out, hearing the door close behind him. Well. luckily the captain didn't ask him to remove his sunglasses when they talked. Most people were uneasy not seeing the eyes of who they were talking to; they usually were unnerved when they saw Peter's eyes though. He took out a brown notebook out of his pocket to write down a note.
Shiroi Yuukaku - Assistant District attorney
Normally people wouldn't use the terms 'leave you to your own interpretations' and then say they 'wouldn't want to spoil it' unless they were slightly amused by the person's personality, or when they were trying to have you make your own assumptions, be a police officer basically. Peter hoped there wouldn't be a pop quiz on this later in the form of, 'so you met her, what did you think?' but there probably would be. Oh well. Peter's pen hovered above the paper a moment before writing.
Interesting Character?
She probably would just be really anally retentive lawyer, but most were. Lawyers seemed to have a gene for having all their paper's super organized so if you ask they the paper in their hand already.
Leaving the character analysis of the Assistant District Attorney for later, Peter went to talk to the sargent about his badge.

((OOC: Peter out))