Sorry 'bout that

Rachyl and I would like to apologize for not actually having a baby shower, but since I'm like the world's slowest poster these days, we just couldn't fit it in before the real-live due date of the babies.

So...we'll try not to mention it too much so that we don't assume anything about any of our would be guests.

(not to mention we had planned to have them early anyway. )

Amberelle DeEspionne 16 years ago
woot! babies!
Nyra 16 years ago
Piffle! A post babies shower could be just as fun!
Ellis Duban 16 years ago
She hadn't felt so much pain since her appendix came out.

HAHAHA Not even close.
Shay 16 years ago
I dunno -- my mother was one of those women who had her first contraction, and then delivered an hour later :P She had more issues with continuous morning sickness than labor. Did I inherit that? Nope -- just the opposite!
Alexandra 16 years ago
And some of us are in labor for 33 freaking hours and awww well I don't care that much about baby showers anyway, it's an US thing we don't really do that over here.
Nyra 16 years ago
(Had to change chars so this didnt sound so odd! hahah)

Contractions vary from woman to woman. I found mine uncomfortable to painful but when offered drugs, I slept till I woke up and knew it was time to push. All that aside... Yay babies!
Ellis Duban 16 years ago
Back labor all the way with petocin - then the epidural had me asleep during hard labor. Drugs for the win!
you people are very good for me. keep this up and i'll never have kids for sure!
Alexandra 16 years ago
Hon you're in the US, I gave birth the natural way, NO painkillers.. no epidermal, I just pushed the kid out
Ellis Duban 16 years ago
You get about half the first time moms swearing up and down they're going natural - then the contractions hit. It is HA-LARIOUS. There are quite a bit who go natural though and more power to them.
Alexandra 16 years ago
Well here it's not an option like you guys have in the US, you can't choose what you want, painkillers are only given when it's NEEDED a c-section is only given when needed, so no drugs for us, we go natural all the way, but as painful as it was, I would do it again in a second to have my princess again
Ginnie 16 years ago
Woo! War stories!

I'd share, but compared to 33 hours of labor, mine were easy...*boggle*
Alec Devereaux 16 years ago
Male-folk are so lucky. Thank you for the reminder. To quote the Python...

"Isn't it awfully nice to have a penis?
Isn't it frightfully good to have a dong?
It's swell to have a stiffy.
It's divine to own a dick,
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick.
So, three cheers for your Willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trouser snake,
Your piece of pork, your wife's best friend,
Your Percy, or your cock.
You can wrap it up in ribbons.
You can slip it in your sock,
But don't take it out in public,
Or they will stick you in the dock,
And you won't come back."
Ginnie 16 years ago
That doesn't even rhyme...
Alec Devereaux 16 years ago
/crybomb
Blasphemer! Someone get a rope...!! Ginnie doesn't appreciate Python. I'm with Alec..
Alexandra 16 years ago
*giggles at the Python quote*

Dingo: You must spank her well, and after you are done with her, you may deal with her as you like... and then... spank me.
All: And me. And me too. And me.
Dingo: Yes. Yes, you must give us all a good spanking.

Dingo: And after the spanking, the oral sex.
Galahad: Well, I could stay a bit longer...

*cracks up*
that is my FAVORITE Python quote right there!!! Well... it ties with "Tis but a flesh wound!" hehehe
Alexandra 16 years ago
Gotto love Python
Ginnie 16 years ago
I never said I didn't like Monty Python...