Honey I'm home! (( open ))

Whistling a tune Ilya made his way towards the Den, carrying a simple dark brown leather suitcase in one hand and an army green duffel bag slung over his other shoulder, dressed in a casual manner he looked like his usual relaxed self, his beard was well groomed and his hair tied back in a ponytail.

He had passed the Tikerak and passed the guard on his way here, after explaining in his usual charming way, who he was and why he was here, he was given clearing to enter Kadzait territory, putting the suitcase down along with the duffel bag he looked the large building in front of him up down as to decide wetter to go in or knock and wait for an answer.

Deciding on the later he made his way over to the large front door and knocked a few times, taking out the cigarette placed behind his ear he lit it with his zippo, inhaling he blew out a few rings of smoke while waiting, he was a patient man.. well most of the time, unless it came to his work and that lazy ass kitchen staff.

Who knew what he would find inside of this so called Den, maybe some lovely lady? grinning he took another drag of his cigarette, looking down at the tips of his boots he crouched down to brush some dust of off them, his light blue faded jeans clung to his legs and hips, the white shirt was old but clean as was the light brown suede jacket that reach mid thigh, standing back up he calmly finished his smoke while waiting for the door to open.

Nikhila 17 years ago
It was far, far too nice out to be stuck inside. Nikhila had decided she would get her work down outside and consequently had her arms full of books and journals and her laptop case slung over her shoulder. It was worth the effort to get out, besides the weather she was feeling cooped up. Her runs were helping but being stationary was eating at her, she was even running in her dreams lately.

As she left her rooms she started in on a new paper by an old colleague of hers and was so absorbed in it she hadn’t heard the knock. As she opened the door, she did smell cigarette smoke and absently wrinkled her nose in distaste. How could any one with heighten olfactory senses stand such a stench, it really was terrible. She looked up to find the culprit and he was conveniently standing right in front of her as if she was waiting for her.

Drawing up short, so as not to walk into him, she glanced meaningfully at the cigarette before smiling warmly.

“Excuse me I hadn’t expected…”

Hadn’t expected what? Well, to be frank… him. But there wasn’t any good way to say that so she stopped and tried to organize her thoughts a bit better.

“I’m so sorry is there something I can help you with? Were you looking for some one?”

She noted his luggage and presumed he was a new arrival. That would be nice. It was good to have more of the Pack come home for however long they chose to stay.
Ilya Derunov 17 years ago
Taking another drag of his smoke Ilya looked up at the sky, the clouds moved by at a lazy pace, big and fluffy like cottoncandy, hearing the frontdoor of the Den open he turned his attention back to it, noticing a lovely brunet standing in the door way he gave her one of his most charming smiles.

"Why hello there, I hadn't expected to be greeted by a vision as lovely as you, what a pleasant surprise."

Throwing his cigarete on the floor he put it out with the sool of his shoe, holding out his hand to the woman he looked her over from head to toe, as if checking out the merchandize.

"Ilya Derunov, it's a real pleasure to meet a woman of your beauty at a place I wasn't expecting to run into an angel"

Ilya knew he was being overly charming but that was just his nature when it came to pretty girls.

"I'm looking for the Issumatar, I've just arrived here in Nachton ready to join the rest of the pack, I'd love to settle in and get some shut eye, it's been a long trip, what about you angel, mind if I call you Angel love?"
Nikhila 17 years ago
Such intense flattery made Nikhila uneasy. It didn’t make her suspicious at all, for she would allow all people to be good until she had proof otherwise. However, it took her several seconds to find her footing and know how to respond. Once decided though she took his hand in greeting and smiled.

“Welcome Mr. Derunov, I’m Nikhila Gounder. I’m not quite sure where Xeph is though or I’d be happy to take you to him.”

She’d be looking in on him again soon, but not for a bit yet. Nikhila had no intention of be coming over bearing or pushy in her worry. However, she would be keeping an eye on him until she was satisfied he was well.

Without a conscious though she smoothly bent down to pick up the cigarette butt and tucked it into one of the outside pockets of her laptop case so she could dispose of it properly later.

“If you wish.” She said softly. It wasn’t in her nature to contradict someone one she’d just met. “Will you be staying with us long?”
He couldn't help but grin at her responce, such a pretty woman and so modest, almost bashful, it was cute, taking in her appearance he gave her another charming smile, letting go of her hand he squeezed it gently.

"It's a real pleasure to meet you miss Gounder, it's miss right? or is there a lucky mister Gounder"

His eyes sparkled at the last question, it was true he had a huge weakness for married women, it was something about them that just drew him in like a fly to sugar.

"To answer your question, yes I plan on staying for some time, that is as long as the pack will have me"

Winking at her he picked up his duffel bag he flung it over his shoulder, watching her pick up the cig butt and putting it inside the laptop case had him raising an eyebrow, O God not one of those I hate smoking and you're poluting the world with your butts kind of person....
Nikhila 17 years ago
Smiling softly Nikhila looked away, half at the ground half into the distance. She simply wasn't sure about this new arrival, he wasn't much like she was used to. But then again she did tend to sequester herself with her studies and students unless she was traveling and needed to hold her own. Perhaps it would be wise to adopt that strategy now, but why should she. She was in the safety of her Pack.

"Miss, I am not married. You can, of course, call me Nikhila."Â?

Where were her manners? Putting her plans for work on hold she stood aside to allow him in. If he had truly been trouble the guard wouldn't have let him through.

"Apologies, please come in. Of course I'm certain we're happy to have you. Can I ask where you have come from most recently Mr. Derunov?"Â?

Since she traveled obsessively Nikhila assumed that others did too. Of course she was often wrong, but that didn't stop her from making that assumption.
Ilya wasn't sure what to think of this dark haired beauty, she was almost shy but there was something about her that didn't quiet fit the shy picture.

"Again it's a pleasure to meet you Nikhila, call me Ilya"

Entering the building as she stepped aside he took his surroundings, the place looked decent enough, looking back at Nikhila as she asked him a question he nodded as a sign that he heard her.

"I've been living in the USA for quiet some time, moved here in the 70's I've moved around alot, I was in NY the most recent, what about you? you seem like the type of woman who's been around, am I right?"

Crooking his head to the side he gave her another gentle smile, wanting to show her that he wasn't some feral killer about to jump her bones.. although those bones didn't look half bad.
Nikhila 17 years ago
“Thank you, Ilya.”

Nikhila inclined here head as she led him in. It wasn’t her place to offer him rooms but she could certain make him welcome.

“Did you move from Russia? Myself, I have been in upstate New York for a while. It was very pleasant. Before that I was in Armenia and China before that.”

His was a Russian name, at least if she remember right it was. It was presumptuious of her to ask, but the quesetion had slipped out.

For some people those might have seemed very broad destinations, to her they made perfect sense. She did not go to just one place in any given country, she explored it and took in as much as possible.

“Travel is something I enjoy.”

Or require as the case may be. But then, like most people, Nikhila didn’t feel the need to advertise her less flattering quirks.

“What is it you do Ilay?”
Giving the dark haired beauty another smile he nodded at her question.

"да деиствительно я сделал" (Yes, indeed I did), I do not miss my mother country, I've been gone so long I almost forgot what it's like to live in Rusia, so China, I've been there it's a beautiful country, love the food and the people and yes I love to travel as well"

A broad smile formed on his lips the moment she inquired to his ocupation, he loved to talk about his work and all that came with it. food and cooking were his passion.

"I'm a chef, started out as a navy cook when i was young, but wolves and submarines don't mix that well"

Laughing softly he shook his head at the memory, putting his belongings down against a nearby wall he walked further into the place he would be calling home from now on, he was pretty sure NIkhila would follow him.

"So.. where are all the other howlers? I can't Imagen you're the only furry here"
Nikhila 17 years ago
Another wanderer? Possibly. Nikhila studied the new arrival closely. If one could forgive her judgment, he didn’t seem to have the look of a wanderer. Not that it made him any less than family, she just suspected he would be one who could settle in to one home.

“A cook, really?” She brightened a bit. “have you kept up with the skill then? What is your specialty?”

Realizing she was chattering Nikhila smiled apologetically and ceased her questioning as she moved a long with him.

“No, certainly there are others I’m just unable to say where they are. Probably attending to any number of things.”

She really should look in on Xeph. His recent news wasn’t something one would get used to over night, and she’d allowed him quite enough ‘alone time’ and would begin to worry about him soon.
Did she just call him a cook? freaking hell.. commons.. swallowing down the anger he felt and taking a deep breath to calm himself a gave her a smile.

"I'm a chef dearest not a cook.. I am a 5 star top chef who has worked all over the world in the most famous restaurants, you name something I can cook it"

Winking at her to break the tense moment he moved a hand through his jaw long hair, so the others were around just not here right now, well he would have to find them later on then.

"I don't wish to keep you up if you have things to do, if you can show me where the living quarters are so I can drop of my belongings and maybe get in touch with the bossman I'll be just fine"

He felt like having another smoke, but he didn't want to light a cig with out asking for permission, he was social skilled enough to know that smoking could offend people quickly if they didn't like it.
Nikhila 17 years ago
It was simple enough to look embarrassed and apologetic, because she was both. Certainly there was a difference and she understood pride in one’s work.

“My most sincere apologies Ilya, I didn’t mean to disparage your art in any way.”

Taking his smile as forgiveness, she returned it with a bright smile of her own.

She should get back to work but it was more important to get a new Pack mate settled, at least some what.

“I think Xeph may be indisposed for a bit. I’m sure we can find a closet to put your belongings in, at least for a short while. Perhaps I might show you around, we may even run into some one who can assist you better.”
Looking the dark skinned beauty up and down a lazy smile formed on his lips, making a small hand gesture to show her it was quite alright he walked back to where she was standing.

"Don't worry about it love, mistakes can be made and forgiven especially if their made by a woman of your beauty"

Nodding at her suggestions he waited for her to lead him to the mentioned closet to lock away his belongings, he only brought his most needed possessions like his knifes and some clothes, the rest of his belongings were stored away for the time being.

"By all means lead the way, I'm eager to see all this place has to offer, tell me, does it have a grand kitchen?"
Nikhila 17 years ago
Nikhila accepted his forgiveness and compliment with a soft smile but without words. The fact that they had corrected their miscommunication was more important.

Finding a likely storage space, she offered it to him, but stowed her laptop and books in it first as a sign of good faith. Of course, everything would be perfectly safe within the den, she had no doubt of that but a wander may not be so sure.

“You would think I would know that, but I’ve been rather busy and haven’t had the inclination to look. It may be time to remedy that. Shall we?”

Waiting for an affirmative response, she would then lead him to the dinning area. Certainly there would be a kitchen near by.
He felt like taking her by the arm and leading her towards their destination, but he had no clue what their destination was.. grinning to himself he admired the inner strength this woman clearly had, she was something else that was for sure.

"By all means, lead the way"

Walking along side her as they headed to what seemed to be the dinning area his gaze moved along the neatly set tables, his skilled eyes taking in every detail.

"So tell me, have you been here long? you seem to know at least a couple of the other occupants of this place"
Nikhila 17 years ago
“Not very long. My Gifter is here and he invited me, unfortunately I haven’t really settled in yet.”

Because of how it might be perceived, as flaunting or bragging Nikhila deliberately left out who her Gifter was.

“And certainly I’ve had the good fortune to meet one or two others of the Pack either in my travels or since my arrival. Certainly the curious among us will have already made note of your arrival, even if they are too shy to come out and greet you.”

She teased in a very gentle and understated way.

Finding doors at the back of the dining all, which she’d seen many times but never opened Nikhila cracked one open and peered cautiously around the corner. It wasn’t mealtime and so the hall was empty but one never knew if some one might be preparing things in the kitchen and she certainly wouldn’t interrupt.

Satisfied the place was empty she entered fully, holding the door for Ilya. It was quite a large room with more than enough space for the many people it would take to prepare meals for a large pack. Even to her semi trained eye everything was not only in the best of condition but extremely modern. Perhaps too good for someone such as herself who was used to makeshift kitchens and what ever amenities a traveler could expect, in short it was slightly intimidating.

“Success!”
So her gifter was part of the pack and was here with her, that on it's own was an interesting fact , raising a brow he listened to her speak about the others she had the pleasure upon meeting.

"Shy? because of me? what are they afraid I will bite them?"

Grinning he winked at her, as they came to a closed door, waiting for her to open it and peer inside he pushed down the urge to light a cig, that would have to wait, as Nikhila opened the door for him and gesture for him to go inside his face lit up like a christmas tree, there was a kitchen! and a big one at that.

Quickly making his way inside her began to inspect the furness, oven and other appliances, opening some of the cabinets and drawers a huge grin appeared on his face, yes this place would surely do, spotting the big double doored fridge he opened it, finding many types of fresh meat, fish and vegetables he let out a content sigh, turning to Nikhila he gave her a truly happy smile.

"You my dear just made me a very happy man"

Running his fingers across the counter top his eyes lit up.

"You have to let me cook you something? are you hungry? I bet you could use something, look at you all skin and bones not that she was thin but to Ilya all women should have good curves and a healthy appetite, take a seat over here and let me make you something, anything"

It was as if talking to a child who just got a present and was showing it off to his friends, who could resist that.
Nikhila 17 years ago
“As many of us bite, I don’t think it would be quite that.”

She said with a peculiar blend of joviality and sincerity. In fact, Nikhila herself wasn’t certain if she was joking or not. But it was difficult not to return his smile, and she didn’t fight that urge.

The reaction to the kitchen though brought a larger, but still soft, reserved smile. It was always pleasing to see someone’s passion. His joy radiated.

“It was Xeph who would have directed the design of the kitchen.” Even in passing or in jest she couldn’t bare to accept credit for something that wasn’t her doing. “I was merely the guide.”

The offer to cook something for her made Nikhila suddenly aware that she was both hungry and nostalgic. What came to mind was something that she had often had both at home and in her travels. If he wasn’t able to make them she would be able to assist, although undoubtedly with less skill.

“Have you ever made samosa?”
Ilya Derunov 16 years ago
(( ooc. my excuses for taking so long to respond, life got in the way ))

Laughing softly at her reply about the biting he began to explore the kitchen, the basics were there, knife's could be better but then he always carried his own knife's around where ever he went. however they were in his luggage which was stored away in the closet, so for now these would have to do.

"Samosa you say, yes I have, different fillings ones, the traditional ones hold potato, onion and peas as you might be aware off, but I'm sure i could make you any filling you desire"

Smiling he opened the fridge to inspect it's content, there was some meat there, milk, cream cheese, he had noticed some fresh herbs in he windowsill along with a herb rack that hung from one of the walls, he would have to inspect the other cupboards to see if there were more ingredients such as flower to make the Samosa's.
Nikhila 16 years ago
"Tradition is a very valuable thing. There are times when it is extremely important."Â?

She said gravely. After a brief pause for effect her eyes lit, the only indication that she was being less than serious.

"For instance now. I think that sounds quite lovely."Â?

It was a large and strange kitchen. While she'd not done much work here, it was more familiar to Nikhila then to her newly arrived packmate. Besides, what sort of a welcome would it be to make him do all the work? Cautiously, not wishing to slight or offend him she made an offer.

"I've done quite a bit of cooking in my travels, nothing terribly grand but should you need... want some minor assistance I'd be pleased to help."Â?

((OOC... no worries it does that some times.))