Reviewing the files

He push the little green play button on the vcr/dvd player and sat down in the little wooden chair with wheels.

The tape began to play and he watched the stream of patrons comming into the strip club. It was hard to really see their faces as so many of them were wearing masks. He leaned forward and squinted as he caught a glimps of a woman comming in. Her dress was pink but something was different. He watched her walk and tried to picture her outside barefoot. Squinting harder he found what it was that was ringing different. She was blonde. The girl he had attacked, was she blonde? No, her hair...it was red. Could she have been wearing a wig that night? It was the same dress...

It was hard to exactly remember the woman, her eyes, anytime he thought of them his stomach became uneasy. What was it that made him feel that way? Once again he wondered if she could be a vampire. It didn't add up though if she was. She would of used her strength against him and not a small weapon. Certainly she wouldn't of ran would she?

Another hour into the video he saw the blonde walking by again. Her stature was different. It couldn't be. Suddenly more pink on the screen caught his attention and he quickly sat straight and focused.

It was her! Or he hoped, he couldnt see her face with the mask but her hair was darker, it could even be red. He looked closey at her and a glimmer from her chest caught his eye. She was wearing a chain around her neck. Anger filled him as it dawned on him that was where the gun was. Hanging around her neck, waiting to shoot him later.

Panos Mehalitsenos 17 years ago
He was furious as he stood quickly and hit the pause button. Freezing the frame just as she turned and looked over her shoulder.

He could see her face clearly this time. No instant twinge of unease or flash of something misplaced. His eyes narrowed. Hitting the print screen button he waited for the small photo to slowly roll off the printer. The eject button couldn't work fast enough as he prematurly tore the tape fromt he machine, nearly wrecking it off the shelf.

Now that he knew what she looked like he didn't doubt that it owuld be a small amount of time before finding her. Sure Nachton was a big city but there were ways to find a person. Anywhere in any city for that matter.

Quickly he stepped out of the private study room tape and photo in hand. As he walked past the long rows of shelves a familiar feeling washed over him.

[...with an outstanding record of case wins under her belt...]

Chryseis's voice sliced into his mind like a whisper on the edge of a blade. He slowed his gait from a near run to a careful walk. Poking his head around each corner of shelf before actually walking past , he finally spotted her standing amongst the rows of newspapers and magazines deeply emersed in a shiney paged magazine herself. He crept up slowly behind her and was, rather unbelievably, able to peer over her shoulder.

Who's that? She looks tastey. His comment jarred her from her oblivion and her eyes grew large for only a instant but it was enough for him to take glee in her surprise.

She calmly stepped back and snapped the magazine closed. Her face once again an emotionless void.

You reek of self satisfication. Her retort was as usual, odd.

It has been a long time my dear aunt. When was it? Oh yes that's right, when you purposly set me up to run into Fallon at your little museum gathering. I'm sure you remember that, I think that's the only time your face has ever cracked a smile.

Ah yes, a fond memory.

She was smart and not much of an easy target like most people were. She gave him nothing to run with.

What do you have there? I found you because I heard you in my head. Your being pretty loud you know. What a surprize I hear you when you don't ever listen to me.

She tilted her head ever so annoyingly and stared at him. The silence was discomforting, he still hadn't gotten used to it.

"My eye...my fucking eye. She shot me in the fucking eye." Chryseis qouted perfectly with out raising her voice.

Panos was at loss for words.

How did you...Where did you hear that from?

From you. You didn't think if you were in emense pain and were crying out for help that I wouldn't hear?

He had hoped she would hear, but she hadn't. Or so that's what he had thought. The realization dawned on him then that she had heard and had chose not to respond.

You didn't answer. He grabbed her by her blouse and shoved her into the racks. You never answer. You knew I was hurt and that I could possibly die, dawn was comming, and you did nothing?!

You've become sloppy Panos.

The anger was building up inside of him with each passing second. He held her there pinned to the uneven rows, his fist jammed into her right breast. He felt one of her ribs crack beneath his knuckles. Still her face didn't change.It fueled his rage.

You are not my family. It was a whisper just barely audible.

I am always your family. Your not dead are you.

No thanks to you! Fallon and Cyrus helped me! All that could have been avoided if you would have just answered, if you would have just come for me!

You sound like a child. You fixed your own problem. You got your own help. It was the hard way. I am the easy way out of everything. Put me down.

He held her there for a few more moments before he let go. She straightened her top and refocused on him. A thought occured to him and he thrusted out the picture of the woman.

Find her. There is no easy way on this one. Go to Babylon, take this photo and find who she is. They will know me there if i go back right now.
Chryseis Angelique 17 years ago
She took the photograph from him and glanced down at it. She could feel her rib knitting it's way back together as she lowered her arm.

She'd find the woman. She needed the distraction.

Panos, go home. Rest. You're becomming obsessed, I see it in your eyes. She's just another human that got away from you.

Turning she began to walk away when she felt his hand on her wrist. He didn't speak out loud this time.

I will find her.

With her response satisfying him, he let go of her and she continued to leave. There was much on her mind lately. Old storms were brewing once again.

[Thank you.]

His gratitude was distant but heard as she left the library.

(ooc : out)
Panos Mehalitsenos 17 years ago
(ooc : out)