Evening Workout (Attn Alex)

It was only an hour after sunset and the night was cold, overcast and windy. Light shone out through the Dojo's shoji screens, enveloping it in a soft warm glow. Despite the cool temperature a few of the windows had been slid open a little to allow for a cross breeze and the door was open wide enough for a large cat to come and go as he pleased. Inside the lights blazed and the only sounds were of bare feet moving across the mats, the slice of steel through the air and the occasional whine and rattle of the screens in the wind.

Amberelle had come out here as soon as the day's light had faded. Her mind was craving the peace she gained from the martial arts' familiar routines, ones she had practiced for as long as she could remember. First came simple stretching and basic tumbling. Next was walking through a few basic katas and generally warming up. And finally she had pulled out her katana and wakizashi then begun to move through more intricate and elaborate katas, mentally playing out the scenarios in her mind.

Tonight the Creole had decided to focus on sharpening her senses as she fought, so her eyes were tightly shut and she relied on the feel and sounds of the wind and her own memory of the dojo to guide her. Amby knew the best way to do this exercise would be to work in the darkness, but that would leave a chance for someone unsuspecting to wander in and be hurt. Next time she would have to remember a blindfold, she told herself.

In a far back corner Louis watched his Mistress quietly, occasionally looking away to bathe a bothersome spot here and there. The large black cat's tail was still, with only the tip twitching occasionally. He had been told to be as quiet as possible now as to not distract her, so he would do his very best.

Alex West 17 years ago
Alexander finished wrapping with his hands and picked up the gym bag off the futon. There wasn't a need to dress up for a workout, so he had slipped into a pair of blue track pants and pulled on a simple white singlet. Horse leg wraps made a good substitue for boxing wraps, and Alexander had spent some time carefully winding them around his hand and between his fingers.

There was a chill in the air as he stepped out onto the balcony and descended the staircase. The bare concrete was cold on his feet but they wouldn't stay that long once he was inside the trainining building. The past couple of nights had been somewhat perplexing and meditation hadn't eased his mind over recent events. Alexander pulled open the door, glad that someone had seen fit to oil the hinges.

Alexander saw the shadows flickering off the shoji screens and stopped as heard the familiar sound of blades slicing through the air. Not wishing to break the unseen swordswoman's (and the shadows made that clear) concentration, Alexander stepped carefully around the screens and into the Dojo. Was that a cat he saw? Alexander blinked in surprise. Probably. Could be an Elder in disguise for all he knew, or just a familiar.

Whoever she was, she was good. A simple white tank top, black hakama pants and bare feet. The blonde hair was tied back in a loose braid. So far Alexander hadn't caught a glimpse of her face as she moved seamlessly through her kata. Alexander placed his gym bag gently on the floor and knelt down.
Amberelle DeEspionne 17 years ago
Amberelle was pushing herself as hard as she could but forcing her breathing to be slow and steady despite the intensity of her workout. While she could feel the sweat forming a fine layer on her and her lungs began to burn the blonde pushed on. It had been quite some time since she had done this much and to her chagrin she was feeling the effects. Amby had just begun what she considered her favorite set, a combination of several martial arts forms and acrobatics designed by her former Sensei to take the most advantage of her supernatural grace and agility, when she heard the quiet sounds of someone entering. Louis quickly 'spoke' to her, letting her know it was a strange man and that he had sat beside a bag near the door. Years of playing lookout on her jobs had the tomcat trained well.

Listening intently she heard the soft sounds of his breathing and placed him in her mental landscape. The point in her routine had come for her to be 'disarmed' so she spoke softly, but loud enough to be heard. "Don't move for a second, okay.. I'm almost done.." First she let the smaller wakizashi go skittering across the floor, safely avoiding both of the room's other occupants and then her katana arced up and stabbed into the floor not very far from the newcomer, but what she judged would be a safe enough distance. A flurry of defensive motions and evasive acrobatics took her around the room, retrieving them. As her hand slid across the floor to reach her wakizashi she realized how bad this whole 'blind' exercise could go as she sliced her hand grabbing the blade not the hilt. An explosion of expletives raced through her mind but only a hissed 'Merde' escaped her lips. Flipping the blade around and catching the hilt this time, she continued until she had recovered her other sword. A few seconds later her assailants were defeated and she finished, close to the center of the room. Dropping to her knees she set the swords down and opened her eyes. Blinking against the light she winced and studied her left palm. The slice was deep but mostly closed.

Glancing over at the gentleman who had entered she smiled in recognition. Alex.. looking deliciously handsome in his workout attire. Suddenly acutely aware of the sweat running down her back and the loose strands of hair sticking to her face and skin the Creole wished in vain that she had been freshly showered and more presentable the next time she'd met with her clanmate, but.. c'est la vie.

Bonsoir
Alex.. Sorry for making you wait.
Alex West 17 years ago
Alexander stood and bowed slightly, a smile on his face as he recognized his attractive clanmate. He politely returned her greeting in French as he opened his gym bag and offered a white towel to Amberelle.

He continued to address Amberelle in French as he walked over to her, towel in hand.

"I apologize if I disturbed you, Amberelle. I did not expect to find anyone here tonight. But I was very impressed by what I saw. You are a credit to your teacher."

Alexander hand't realized she was so fast, so well trained. He had forgotten the first rule of dealing with his kind. Appearances were always deceiving. Nothing was ever what it seemed.

"I would like to join you in a friendly sparring match, if you don't mind Amberelle. I fear my own style may be woefully inadequete compared to yours but it should be an enlightening experience nonetheless."

((OOC - permission for Amberelle to move Alexander))
It didn't even register that he was speaking French at first and she simply responded to him in it from habit. No, you didn't disturb me at all! I just didn't want to do something silly like, oh.. impale you. Especially since I wasn;t sure who you were. Could have been an Elder, and my lord would that have been embarassing!

Giving him a grateful smile, Amberelle took the towel Alex had extended and wiped the blood from her hand and arm, then swiped what she could off of the smaller sword. It would need a proper cleaning, but that could be done later. His praise had the younger vampire blushing and she acknowledged it with a nod and a soft thank you. She was an excellent teacher, I'm glad I do her justice.

Hopping up to her feet, she took the swords over and sheathed them, leaving them near where Louis still sat. Perking up at the mention of sparring, she nodded happily. Sounds like great fun! I haven;t had anyone to spar with in the year and a half I've been in Nachton. I'm probably horribly out of shape. 'Just like I proved I was with my katas tonight,' she thought with a small mental sigh. What form do you practice? Walking up to be across from him but with a few feet seperating them, she rocked side to side some, stretching herself back out and keeping herself 'warm'. I am sure you are going to be far superior to me, Alex. Something tells me you have a few years more experience than I. While a lady may choose normally not to tell.. I will admit that I am only 30 so, she shrugged, I have a long time ahead of me until I become as good as some of our Clanmates.

Freeform hand to hand sound good? As soon as that was said, she jabbed at him with a fast punch followed by a roundhouse kick and spun around him in a loose circling motion, seeing how quickly he was able to follow.

((OOC permission for Alex to move Amberelle and Louis ))
Alex West 17 years ago
Alexander nodded at Amberelle's comments, but wasn't expecting her to react so suddenly given the impression he had received of her performing kata. Don't stand on ceremony, he mused to himself.

He barely avoided the jab to the face, and stepped back to avoid the follow up kick. She was fast, and agile. She was circling him like a cat playing with a bird and the analogy was not lost on Alexander as he moved about, his attention focused on her face.

Alexander may have been older, but he doubted he was anywhere near the exponent of martial artist she was. He was a trained boxer - both Western and the Indian form known as Kutta Varisi - and when called for he was a 'dirty' one at that. Alexander calmed his mind. Accuracy, balance, power and timing. Amberelle could kick him six weeks to Sunday, but he wondered if she could absorb the sort of the punishment she could dish out.

Amberelle continued to circle Alexander and he knew sooner, rather than later, she would being testing his defences and reaction time. Rather than be the punching bag, Alexander winked at Amberelle. She was the cat, he would give her a bird.

Bracing himself Alexander leapt up and backwards as if he had been hoisted through the air by Hong Kong stunt movie wires. He landed gracefully some ten feet away, clasped his hands together and bowed respectfully at Amberelle.

((ooc - sorry about delay in replying - have been sick))
Circling Alex, Amberelle could feel the rush of adrenaline erasing her earlier fatigue. The urge to toy with him was strong, but she was cautious. About to move in for a second set of attacks to test him yet again, the blonde stopped and blinked when he flipped away. A delighted giggle burst forth before she could stop it, and Amby grinned at him before returning his bow.

Moving lightly on her feet, she made her way closer to the Brit, raising her hands into position. With loose fists at the ready, she planted her feet and gave him a cocky smile.

Your turn.
Dawn Ratana 17 years ago
Dawn was SO READY for a good workout. She'd had some decent dancing downtown and wanted to burn out the alcohol. Switching into her workout gear, she'd started by running bursts around the outer edge of the compound. Afterward, she stopped, hydrated, repeated. After the second hydration cycle, she jogged toward the gym...and noticed shadows moving quickly inside. Wondering who was sparring, she got ready to make a grand entrance when she saw Amberelle's blonde form move past. It looked like she...oh...goodness. They were already sparring.

She sure as hell wasn't going to interrupt, but she'd watch until things got racy. From outside. Peeking in a darkened corner window. Was that wrong?

((ooc: Dawn out-ish! :P ))
Alex West 17 years ago
Amberelle was waiting, a confident smile on her face. Alexander began rotating his head and loosening his arms, legs and chest. Nothing fancy, but if he was going to be a punching bag for a pretty vampire, he was going to do it with some dignity. He did some brief stretches and deep breathing exercises while she continued to watch him patiently.

Keep it simple. Keep moving. He knew nothing of her strengths, weaknesses and capabilities. Alexander bowed once more, keeping his eyes on Amberelle.

"I am ready." He replied in French.

Alexander paced towards Amberelle, right foot leading, bobbing slightly from side to side and his arms raised in the traditional boxing stance, elbows tucked in tight to defend and fists raised ready to strike.

Amberelle hadn't moved and was watching Alexander intently, studying him, waiting for him. And the pretty smile still hadn't left her face.

Alexander concentrated on slow breathing. Sure it was pure artifice, but it helped keep him centred as he got closer. He had the height, weight, and reach on her. None of it would really matter. She was as dead as he was.

He kept his fists closed, but loose as he began circling Amberelle, watching as she fell into a defensive stance and followed him. Alexander flicked out a couple of jabs with his right hand. She either pulled her head back just enough, or deflected the jab with the open palm of her hand. Very good, Alexander thought as he began to press her in earnest, increasing his speed and throwing in a variety of combination shots to gauge her timing and reaction.

So far he had been playing by his own rules, the rules of the Western squared ring. If Amberelle was the consumate artist he half suspected she was, Alexander knew she would be assessing him for weak points and open areas. He would save the differences of Kuttu Varisai for now.

((ooc - permission to move and bruise Alexander, Amberelle. And welcome to come in and watch Dawn))
The young Creole watched him, as he was watching her. His actions were controlled and his movements confident, she observed. Alex's style reminded her of Calibre, one of her cousins who was a huge boxing fan. One of the better things to come from sparring with her cousins was they had each developed their own interpretations of their training, and a unique style. Taking the mindset she used when sparring against Cal, she stayed on the defensive while weaving from some of the Brit's punches and blocking others.

His assault begain to pick up its pace and Amby restrained herself - staying defensive, keeping just out of reach and only blocking. Her unique agility made that possible. The blonde felt a fine sheen of persperation on her brow and had to consciously control her breathing. A pattern was slow to emerge, but finally it did. Anyone without a well trained eye would easily miss it. Of course, she countered to herself, it could be a deliberate ploy to draw her attack. That was a very common tactic in her family's training, leave a opening to lure someone into what is actually a power strike zone for you. 'Then again we're all kind of sadistic fighters.. *his* influence I guess.'

Breaking the silence between them, she said quietly in French "You are very skilled, Alex.. " He swung at her just then, leaving the opening she had spied. Her cocky grin returned. "Now... it's my turn."

Mentally bracing herself first, Amby twisted and stepped into his punch so that it landed squarely on her left shoulder, instead of her jaw. And, as she stepped into him her right knee came up and jabbed into his exposed side. His punch landed a lot harder than the Creole had expected but she let her body spin with the momentum and it served to force her strike in harder. She kept on rolling backwards, her left arm going down so she could push off of her fingertips and roll away from him. His strike had her shoulder burning and she gasped as her weight shifted onto it. The blonde winced as her would be graceful flip became more of a tumble as her arm buckled. She landed in a crouch, one leg sliding behind her slightly for leverage.

Annoyed with herself for losing valuable attack time, she lept up at him, and pressed him hard with a flurry of alternating spinning kicks and low leg sweep attempts. She was managing to drive him backwards, and her goal was to reduce his mobility as they approached the far corner. Then she could follow up with some chops and punches. 'Now to keep him from noticing the corner..'
Alex West 17 years ago
Alexander kept ducking and weaving, yet every so often Amberelle would strike his arms with her quick hands, or lash out with her quicker feet. Amberelle's balance was perfect, her execution impeccable. The problem was she wouldn't make any real headway unless she pulled out a shotgun and fired it point blank in Alexander's chest. That would certainly slow him down for a few seconds but he wasn't about to reveal that information to her.

She wanted to mix it up with leg work. So be it. Alexander subtlely shifted his stance so he use both legs and arms.
Kutta Varisi was similar in many ways to Western style boxing, and in a lot of respects it was similar to Muay Thai. In combat, almost every part of the body is used such as the fists, elbow, feet, knees, etc. Various different animal styles such as the tiger, elephant, snake, eagle and monkey are used. All these styles include posture, grappling, throws, hits, and locks.

Alexander grabbed at Amberelle's right hand as it snapped out for his chest, sliding sideways he used the momentum of her strike to swing her forward and simultaneously kicked against the side of her right knee as he went past her. If she was surprised or hurt, she didn't show it and Alexander wasn't going to compare notes.

Keep it simple. Keep it moving. Alexander leapt sideways, again seemingly pulled by wires through the air as he flipped and landed some feet away from Amberelle. He landed softly in a low stance, arms raised and moving slowly from side to side.

Alexander nodded at Amberelle and smiled politely.
About the time that his hand closed around hers, her brain screamed "Shit!" and Amby realized she'd given him an opening. But, it was too late and she felt herself being pulled and spun. The sudden and added pain to her knee made her grind her teeth, but otherwise she showed no response. Pride smarting faintly, she spun herself around and facing Alex just in time to watch his graceful landing. One sculpted blonde brow arched and she 'hmmm'd' softly. Her mind raced through all the clan lore she knew and she had a hunch about at least one of her opponents hidden talents. 'Not a lot of good knowing that will do me.' When the Brit smiled at her she just giggled softly and returned it.

Moving towards him cautiously, the younger vampire could feel a faint twinge in her knee and knew she should give it a moment to recover before any more kicks. So she went after him with a barrage of punches and knife hand chops, trying to land one on his torso. Anything to buy her a little time, she reasoned. Seeing how he responded to them would only be lagniappe.

They exchanged salvos, flurries of punches and quick avoidances. Her knee felt a little firmer under her and she picked up her pace. As she twisted past him, to move into position for a rear kidney punch, she threw out a hard shot to his jaw. Unfortunately at the same time Alex weaved to step around her and connected a hard jab to her ribs. She was off balance, he was out of position, and Amby felt her blow slam squarely into the Brit's throat. Her topaz eyes widened. That was never someplace she would strike someone outside of a real "hurt them hard and nasty" kind of fight.

Gasping she jerked to the side and pulled an arm in to her smarting ribs. Are you ok? she asked, stepping closer to make sure she hadn't harmed him too bad.
Alex West 17 years ago
Alexander's exclamtion of surprise was well and truly choked off as Amberelle struck him solidly in the throat with her fist. He staggered back a couple of steps, more out of shock than pain.

A blow like that would have crippled a human, and knocked the proverbial stuffing out of a familiar. She hit on instinct and she hit hard. Alexander wouldn't be sporting a crushed trachea or even a nasty bruise, but he would remember that Amberelle was entirely capable of fighting - even in this sparring situation - without holding back. And that actually pleased Alexander.

Alexander bowed slightly at Amberelle and smiled as he spoke clearly.

"I am uninjured, Amberelle. Shall we proceed?"
Looking visibly relieved, the blonde returned Alex's bow slightly before assuming her stance. "Oui, if you are OK.." She studied his face a moment to be certain he truely was before being satisfied. Amberelle knew that her punch had been full force, so now she was far less concerned with actually hurting her clanmate. She knew he was unharmed from a blow landing in such a delicate spot, so he was tough. It meant she could completely cut loose, 'Which makes this session a lot more fun,' she thought with a small smile.

Switching gears, the Creole moved into a Savate attack. Starting with a chain of medium and low whip kicks, she focused on keeping her opponent moving and on the defensive. Next she started mixing in jabs and cross strikes. Some landed, but usually on a blocking shin or arm. Others found nothing but air and earned her a kick or a stinging punch. Having fun for the first time in ages, she lost track of time at they circled and exchanged attacks.

Overextending herself with a roundhouse kick to his midsection the blonde yelped with suprise as Alex caught her foot and countered with a fast legsweep that had her seeing stars for a second as she landed on her back hard. Blinking up at the ceiling, Amby tried to catch her breath.
Alex West 17 years ago
Alexander stepped backwards as he heard Amberelle cry in surprise. He said nothing, but patiently waited. He was certain that his opponent wasn't going to stay down for long. Alexander smiled, Amberelle didn't disappoint.

She rolled away and into a low crouch, wiping her mouth slowly. She began to pace around Alexander, gradually getting to her feet and keeping Alexander on the backfoot as she forced him to react.

Instead of the going for the body and head, Amberelle switched to Alexander's legs and arms. Twirling around him like a ballerina, she kept her guard up and began striking on the inside, using her superior agility to move in and out of his reach. Her legs whipped out like chains, striking his thighs, shins, and upper arms as she switched strategy.

And each time Alexander tried to strike back with his own legs, she wouldn't block them but merely evade. And his fists hit nothing but air as she stepped out of his path. She could keep up this strategy indefinitely, whereas a human opponent would have tired long before. And each strike may not have been enough to injure Alexander, but the culmulative effect was enough to make him wince.

Alexander really did feel like a mouse, and he had to admire Amberelle for her persistence and perserverance. A lesser fighter would have given into anger or fear. Amberelle was in control of both and her disciplined attacks would have crippled most opponents by now.

Amberelle wanted to dance, then he would oblige. He couldn't match her in agility, but he would make certain that her blows would be traded. As Amberelle moved in closer to strike, Alexander closed the distance and grabbed her leg as it whipped around. That proved little advantage as Amberelle carried on the attack and using Alexander's hold pushed forward with her other leg and struck him on the side of the face.

Alexander reeled backwards, his ears ringing. He dropped her leg and momentarily lowered his guard. Another mistake. Amberelle dropped her hands behind Alexander's head, pulled it forward and brought her right knee up hard into the sterum. Alexander grunted in surprise as she struck hard enough to lift him off the ground and drop him unceremoniously on the floor a few feet away.

Amberelle leapt towards Alexander, an explosive shout burst from her lips as she drove her knee towards Alexander's body. Alexander barely rolled away as her knee struck and cracked the polished floor where he should have been.

Alexander rewarded her effort by striking Amberelle on the back of her neck with the side of his hand as he rolled to his feet and circled behind her. Amberelle responded with a snap kick to his knee as she lashed out instinctively.

Alexander stepped backwards, and watched Amberelle get to her feet again. Unphased and still more determined than ever.
"Very nice."

Both fighters abandoned any pretence at holding back and began pressing one another in earnest. Amberelle would use her agility to constantly stirke, block and move, forcing Alexander to absorb her blows and carefully time his own attacks as Amberelle constantly countered his reach by staying inside. Knees, elbows, hands and feet each sought out the other opponent, seeking the opening to lay in a well executed strike or deliver a punishing blow.

Alexander and Amberelle danced in near silence, the only sounds heard was the swift crack of their clothing, the exhalation of focused breathing, and feet moving quickly across the polished floor.

Amberelle smashed an elbow into Alexander's face, and he responded by driving her knee into her stomach. She kicked him hard on the left thigh and he punched her savagely on the right shoulder. She snapped his wrist back and spun him around, he reversed the momentum and locked the elbow. And the silent observer watching the pair, seemed more interested in cleaning his claws than watching his mistress.

Amberelle punched Alexander hard in the side and he spun her away with a solid kick. He raised his right hand in an open palm.

"I yield, Amberelle. You - that was truly inspiring."
The ebb and flow of their fighting felt comforting and yet exciting at the same time. Amberelle was lost in the adrenaline rush and almost didn't restrain herself when Alex raised a hand for them to pause. Her heart rate was racing, her breath coming in fast but measured gulps. Squatting down, the young vampire rested her forearms on her thighs as she balanced on the balls of her feet. Sweat ran over her in shimmering rivulets, and she focused on calming her breathing while she looked up at the Brit, waiting to see if he was ready to halt or wanted to speak.

'Louis.. mon cher.. bring me a towel' she spoke to her pet quietly through their bond. The black tom's head seemed to jerk up in mid lick, pink tongue still poking out of his lips. He blinked at the two humans for a moment. A soft meow carried through the quiet and he scrambled to his feet and lifted a small white handtowel in his teeth before scampering to the blonde's side. Taking it from him, Amby wiped down her face and neck before moving to her arms. A small smile played at the corners of her mouth as the cat began mashing his head and side against her hip, roughly petting himself on his mistress as he purred loudly. Her golden eyes stayed on her clanmate as she watched him.
Alex West 17 years ago
"Your little friend, I take it?"

Alexander smiled as he watched the black cat deliver the towel to Amberelle.

Amberelle nodded as she continued to wipe the sweat from her face and arms. The sight was invigorating, enough to make Alexander cough slightly in admiration.

If there was one thing that Alexander didn't understand, it was vampire physiology. It had always been a mystery to him the nuances and human traits that seemed to carry over when one received the Kiss. He had hardly broken a sweat, whereas Amberelle had a fine sheen on her athletic frame. But Alexander couldn't explain while he still enjoyed the taste of scotch, when all he really needed was blood.

Alexander realized he was staring at Amberelle when she stared back at him and smiled.

"Daydreaming or nightdreaming as the case may be..."

The excuse was lame, and the small snicker from Amberelle made Alexander scratch his head and look sheepish.

"
You fight far better than I," Alexander admitted as he stretched his arms above his head. "Your technique and timing is very, very good."

Alexander strolled over to Amberelle and offerered her his right hand. "Thank you for not holding back. It seems I need to spend more time in training and less in dining."
Repressing a grin as Alex admitted he'd been daydreaming, Amby couldn't stop the small snicker that escaped. Or the tingly feeling that spread from her toes to her temples. Suddenly the blonde didn't feel nearly as bad about how she looked. 'After all, he looks hunky after a good workout...' Latching on to her clansman's compliment to avoid any further thought down *that* road, she thanked him with a small nod and a soft smile.

It's pretty easy for me. I was studying gymnastics, dance and martial arts pretty much as soon as I could walk. It's kind of like breathing, just second nature. And your technique isn't too shabby either you know! Taking his hand, she let him help her to her feet. His hand felt good, his grip was strong but gentle. Without realizing it she continued to hold onto it as she stood there in front of him.

You are very welcome.. Her voice was a little quieter now that they were standing closer. It was my pleasure. 'His eyes are nice.. blue.. like the daytime sky..' I needed to cut loose myself. And.. anytime you need someone to spar with.. I'm here. Looking up at him, the young Creole was suddenly struck with the desire to run her hands through his hair and see if it was as soft as it looked. Her mouth went dry and Amberelle wondered what was going through Alex's mind now. 'I sure wish he'd kiss me..' came into her mind from nowhere. Her eyes widened slightly at that thought.
Alex West 17 years ago
Alexander suddenly felt mischevious as Amberelle mentioned her training in dance. She was still holding his hand and her eyes had widened slightly at some errant thought that danced through her mind. Perhaps a little fling would make her laugh again in that delightful way of hers.

Alexander held Amberelle's hand and stepping backwards, pulled her around towards him. Her reaction was pure instinct, as she twirled towards him. And then past Alexander as he moved to the side and let the momentum carry her past. With a quick snap of the wrist he spun her back towards him so that she was forced to stop herself hitting Alexander by placing her other hand on his chest. They were mere inches apart now and Alexander could see the quivering smile on her lips and the subtle trembling of her delicate fingers.

"Most excellent" said Alexander soflty as he gazed at Amberelle and regarded her with a slight smile of appreciation on his face.

Feeling bold, he raised her fingers and leaning forward, gently kissed them.
Distracted by her thoughts, Amberelle was startled by Alex's movement. Twirling, she squealed and laughed with delight. 'He's certainly full of suprises..' was the only thought that had time to run through her mind. Moving lightly and balancing, as if wearing heels, on the upper portion of her feet Amby let herself dance. The blonde responded instinctively as he pulled her forward then back and unexpectedly found herself looking up at him in suprise with her face inches from his. Still standing on the balls of her feet, their height difference was a comfortable one as her mirth filled eyes met his. A smile lingered on her lips as the laughter faded.

Suddenly Amby was acutely aware of her hand pressed against his chest, his hand on her hip, her hand in his.. so many sensations seemingly from out of the blue they made her head spin. The Creole found herself idly wondering why her heart seemed to be pounding in her ears harder now than just moments before when they were sparring. Her breath seemed to catch in her throat at his smile. If she had her wits about her the young Anantya might have laughed at herself for responding so similarly to the romance books she loved to read. But, all ability to form a coherent thought seemed to have left her.

Alexander's softly spoken praise sent a blush spreading from her cheeks down and disapearing into the top of her tank top. Her expression softened and her gaze dropped to watch as he pressed a gentle kiss to her fingertips. Blinking, she tried to comprehend the sudden race of fire through her from the simple act. Emotions churned inside, and when she looked back up at him seconds later her eyes had shifted and glimmered in the light like deep, reflective feline pools of gold

Alex.. Amberelle's voice was soft and husky and she spoke slowly. I.. 'I don't know what I was going to say..' the vampire realized. Studying him intently as she moved achingly slow, she leaned into him and closed the distance between them. Her eyelids fluttered closed as she pressed a feather light kiss to his lips.
Alex West 17 years ago
That inexplicable feeling. A rush of sensation that caused Alexander to shiver in spite of himself as her lips delicately pressed against his. Like the first heady rush of fresh blood entering his system, deliciously intoxicating and invigorating at the same time.

He wrapped his arms around Amberelle without saying a word, enfolding her in his embrace as he returned her kiss with the same desire that had stirred her to act in the first place. Alexander had never surrendered to the embraces and desires of another of his kind, he had considered the idea somewhat irrelevant given how easily he could coax such compliance out of the human stock.

But as irrational and strange as the sensation felt (and in a rather pleasant manner he had to admit), Alexander admitted to himself that he enjoyed Amberelle's company, and he enjoyed it very much now. He still remembered the laughter and sly glances from Cyrus and Fallon's gathering. How refreshing and interesting the young Creole had been, banishing the memory of an ugly insult from the upstart sister of Ysabel Yolgrave that had threatened to spoil Alexander's evening.

Alexander gently kissed Amberelle on the forehead, and then tenderly on each cheek as he held her.

"I have to admit Amberelle. I am not accostomed to such welcome attentions from our kind. I find myself at a disadvantage."

He brushed at errant strand of hair from her face and smiled as he looked down into her eyes.

"If you consider my actions to be untoward or unwarranted, I will understand."

Alexander held Amberelle close, relishing her intoxicating presence as he patiently waited for her response.