Wilds (attn. Alyshia)

The drive out to the C. John Apollo Park and Nature Preserve was relatively uneventful. Ezekiel kept studying the topographical map and pointing out to Alyshia the track they would be taking out to the cabin on Hill 234. The Park Ranger was more than happy to add her commentary with little bits of insightful information and Ezekiel was respectful enough to listen. After all the Park Rangers knew the terrain and habitat better than either Alyshia or himself - at least for the moment.

The SUV turned off tarmac and headed a few miles up a gravel road to a small roadside parking area and a bright green and yellow sign that marked the start of the track. To the left was a large information board with a map of the Park and Nature Preserve and the tracks.

Ezekiel helped unpack the gear from the back of the SUV, and went over his checklist and departure and return times with the Ranger.

Satisfied, the Park Ranger bid Ezekiel and Alyshia farewell. The SUV departed in a cloud of dust and a brief horn blast.

Ezekiel breathed deeply. No pollution out here. Nothing but wilderness and one pretty smelling little lady.Grabbing her in both arms, Ezekiel lifted Alyshia off her feet and hugged her. He couldn't help it, he was excited and it showed on his face. A big laconic grin that showed off his pearly whites.

"I'm real glad you decided to come out here with me Aly, I really am. And scout's honor, I promises to behave."

Ezekiel winked mischeviously at her. "Unless you demand I do otherwise."

Alyshia 17 years ago
Looking at the sites that Ezekiel pointed out on the map as well as paying attention to the road as they drove towards the park Alyshia smiled and nodded, listening to the park ranger give them more information on what they were seeing.

Once they reached their destination and got out of the car she walked over to the large yellow and green sign, reading all that was stated on it she swung her packpack over her shoulders, securing the straps around her waist, crouching down she made sure her shoelases were tied, getting back up she waved to the park rangers as he drove off... this was it they were alone.

"I'm glad I came too.. and I trust you to behave.. I know you're not the type of person to take advantage of a girl"

Blushing at his remark she looked down at the ground for a moment, moving her eyes back up to his she smiled shyly.

"We'll see.. now where too?"
Ezekiel 17 years ago
Ezekiel finished checking the straps on his own backpack before putting it on and checking his watch. 2:30pm. Two and a half hours to get the cabin, barring accident or act of God. And two and a half hours after that till sundown. That would give the pair plenty of time to set up in the cabin and get ready for nightfall.

Ezekiel winked and laughed, hoping to ease her nervousness.

Checking the map and compass one final time, Ezekiel was pretty confident he could follow the trail. He'd hunted and tracked in places without the benefit of a Park Ranger maintained track. It wasn't as though the pair would be orienteering cross country, and if they did get lost Ezekiel had packed his GPS tracker and flares amongst his emergency equipment.

"
Well Ally," Ezekiel said calmly, "we got two and a half hours of walking ahead of us. Weather conditions are good and track should be straight forward enough to follow. The track will have bright marker poles or pin's hammered into the ground or tied to trees along the track. There's plenty of daylight left and the terrain shouldn't be a problem. I'll be walking at your pace, and if you need to rest or stop, don't hesitate to say so. And I'll tell you when I need to stop as well."

Ezekiel folded the map and placed it inside his jacket pocket along with the compass. He picked up the guitar case. It was funny, how it looked like he was toting a bloated rifle.

"And if you get hit by a skunk, I'll go running in the opposite direction."

Ezekiel laughed, and kissed Alyshia on the cheek.

"Any questions, or are you set to go Wild?"
Alyshia 17 years ago
Speed wouldn't be a problem, she could out run him at any time, she just couldn't keep it up for that long, she was a sprinter, short distances at high speed were her speciallity, watching him secure his own backpack she looked at her own watch, 2.30 they would have enough time till sunset.

So red markings along the track, she would look out for those while walking.

"Don't worry about me being able to stick with your walking pace, I can keep up, you've seen my speed"

Winking at him when he made the remark about the skunk she laughed out loud, letting out a soft howling sound while grinning at him she began to walk, looking at him over her shoulder she out stretched her hand for him to take it.

"Ready when you are big guy"

Manouvering across the rocky path she
Ezekiel 17 years ago

Ezekiel grinned and took her offered hand. Alyshia's soft howl had made him shiver in spite of himself and Ezekiel wondered how tonight would progress. He didn't want to hurt Alyshia, nor did he want to scare her. But she had been in the were game longer than he had, and Ezekiel doubted anything would surprise her. Except being with a man. He would have to remember that. She would be as nervous as he was.

The pair began making their way along the track, chatting and laughing, and every so often pointing out nature features of the terrain, or listening and smelling the wilderness around them. Out here there were no vehicles, no towers of steel and glass, and no throngs of people carrying on their busy lives like industrious ants.

The marker poles were easy to spot and the track had been well marked. Ezekiel and Alyshia crossed hills and gullies, and strode across plains and dry river beds. A gentle breeze carried the tinge of sea salt, the track was obviously following the nearby ocean. Although it couldn't yet be seen through the trees.

Ezekiel stopped to check his map and was pleasantly surprised to see that the pair had made good progress, two and a half hours and they were already three quarters of an hour ahead of schedule. The benefit of having a wolf's endurance, he mused.

Propping up his guitar case against a pine tree, Ezekiel unclipped the water canteen from his belt, took a deep swig and then handed it to Alyshia.

"
We're doing good, Aly. I reckon another hour at most and we'll be there. The cabin is on a hill overlooking the ocean. Although I reckon a dip in Fall won't be very warm."
Alyshia 17 years ago
This nature preserve was really lovely, the trees looked healthy and green, it smelled fresh and earthy with a mix of sea, walking along size Ezekiel they chatted about this and that, laughing and making jokes about the funny things in live, she told him some funny things that had happend at work, like that time a woman had demanded she try on a certain size jeans and had ripped it in half because she was wayyyy too fat.

Stopping now and then to point at small animals and laughing out loud at a little squarel which came out and ran around them in a little circle before disappearing up a tree.

When Ezekiel stopped and put his guitar down she took strapped off her backpack, zipping it open she took out her new fleece sweater, putting it on and taking out an energy bar she handed him one while she took a drink from the offered water flask.

"Sounds great, I love the ocean, only been there a couple of times, but what I've seen is truely beautiful, maybe we can take a run across the beach later on"

Winking at him she handed the water flask back, strapping her backpack back on she looked around, yes this really was a great place.
Ezekiel 17 years ago
"No fair. I swear, you'll leave me eating sand." Ezekiel grinned, consumed the the rest of the energy bar and swallowed some more water.

"
Of course if I catch hold of you first, you won't be running anywhere." Ezekiel winked back at Alyshia and then picked up his guitar case.

The second half of the journey proceeded at a brisk pace. It was as if Alyshia was daring Ezekiel to keep up with her, increasing her speed to match his stride. Ezekiel couldn't help but be impressed. The woman had stamina.

After a while, the pair fell back into a regular rhythm as they marched along the track. The roar of crashing surf would grow louder and then fainter at the track made it's way towards and away from the ocean. The smell of salt in the air continued to prevail, however.

Eventually the forest gave way to a gently sloping hill of wild grass, and each side of the track was lined with low wooden barriers and steps going up the hill.

As they neared the top of the hill, Ezekiel could see the cabin. Not far from the ocean, with the forest behind it. He was slightly disappointed to be confronted with a prefabricated concrete sheet cabin in forest green and not a log cabin, but he realized this wasn't the 1700's and this wasn't Colonial Home USA.

The cabin was quite large on the flattened hilltop and a secondary building, the storage shed was attached to the main building by three sturdy pipes.
The Ranger had mentioned the Propane gas tanks stored in the storage shed along with water containers. Ezekiel would check on that later.

Taking Alyshia's hand, Ezekiel led her up the decking to the front of the cabin, put down his guitar case, unclipped his backpack and pulled out the set of keys to unlock the sturdy door.

Ezekiel unlocked the door and stood to one side.

"Ladies first."
Alyshia 17 years ago
Grinning at his reply about eating sand she shook her head, she was sure he would be able to keep up with her just fine, sure she could outrun him at first but he would catch up with her soon enough, even more so in his were form.

As they climbed up the grassy hill she could see the cabin and the ocean behind it, standing still she admired the view, taking a deep breath she filled her lungs with the salty ocean air, looking up she could see the seagull's flying above their heads, stretching her back muscles she exhaled.

The cabin looked wonderful, she couldn't wait too see the insides, following Ezekiel on to the decking she waited for him to unlock the door, smiling as he gestured for her to go in first she took off her backpack, placing it next to the door she looked around the cabin, it was quite spacious, walking into the kitchen she checked out the gas stove, there was a fridge which held a few bottles of water and some vacuum sealed cheese which would last for months if not years.

Walking into the small alcove she found a desk with a portobale CB radio, maps were hanging of the wall marking locations in the area, checking them out for a moment she headed to explore the rest of the cabin, there was a small bedroom which held 2 adult size bunk beds, the bathroom was next to it holding a gas fired shower and the toilet, everything a person could need while staying there.

Heading back to where Ezekiel was standing with his back to her while going through the cupboards looking at the dishware and cultery, wrapping her arms around his waist she hugged him.

"This place looks great, even though we probably won't be sleeping here tonight it still looks comfy enough to do so"

As he turned in her arms and kissed her top of her head she smilled up at him, standing on her tippy toes they shared a soft kiss.

"So what now? we don't have much time left till sunset, how about we eat some of the biltong and have something to drink, after that we can go prepare for the change"
Ezekiel 17 years ago
"That sounds fine, Aly. I better check out the Propane and Water and radio in that we reached the cabin okay."

It didn't take Ezekiel long to hook up the Propane cyclinder in the storeroom and lug a couple of water containers inside. He doubted the pair would be doing any cooking. But showering might be necessary later.

Ezekiel joined Alyshia and wolfed down some strips of Biltong and drank some water to wash it down. When he had finished Ezekiel put his backpack and guitar case up against a bunk. The CB radio crackled to life and Ezekiel radioed in that he and Alyshia had reached the cabin ahead of schedule. The Park Ranger on the other end was surprised, but nonetheless pleased and wished the pair a good night.

Putting down the receiver, Ezekiel walked over and hugged Alyshia.

"I'm going to get changed into something less restrictive, I really don't want to be shredding my greens and boots."

He grinned at her.

"I don't know how your Pack does it. Do you wear a little bit of clothing or er... nothing at all."

Ezekiel didn't want to embarass Alyshia, but it had to be asked.

Alyshia 17 years ago
Aly walked around the cabin as Ezekiel took care of business with the water and the propane, she could feel the sunset nearing, it was tearing at every fibre in her body, she knew that the change was near and there was no turning back...

Sitting down on one of the chairs she looked down at her hands while he radioed to the park ranger, letting him know they had arrived safely, meeting his eyes as he spoke to her she blushed a bit.

"Umm.. well I usually go naked.. clothes just get in the way.. I.. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to join me, I'm used to changing with others, that is if you're.. umm what I mean, I don't know how it goes with the Kadzait, do you change together?"

Fidgeting a bit she felt very nervous, she could tell this was new for him as well, but she wanted this, she wanted him with her, standing up she took off her sweater, reaching her hand out to him she smiled shyly, crouching down she took off her boots and socks, standing before him in a thin shirt and her jeans she waited for him to follow.
Ezekiel 17 years ago
"When I was up North we got naked, painted ourselves and danced around an open fire, chanting. Those were the ways of my Gifter's Pack. Here, I'll safely assume that without a fire I won't be dancing around naked outside."

Ezekiel laughed, hoping to relieve the tension as he removed his boots and socks, and unbuckled his belt. He felt no shame in being naked and he didn't want to make her feel embarrassed of ashamed either.

Breathing in deeply, Ezekiel unzipped his jacket and hung it over the bunk bed. Turning back to Alyshia, he kept his eyes fixated on hers while he pulled the cotton shirt over his head, removed his dog tags, and took off his watch.

Ezekiel took the cabin keys from his trouser pocket, he would lock up and hide the keys. Never dropping his gaze from Alyshia's eyes, Ezekiel let his trousers drop to the floor and he stepped out of them. He paused slightly, and then pulled down his briefs.

He was naked. Standing in the middle of a cabin in front of a beautiful woman. Ezekiel shivered in spite of himself. He felt vulnerable and powerful at the same time. Ezekiel looked at Alyshia proudly and flexed his muscles from the thick neck and shoulders, down his barrelled chest, chiselled abdominals and cord like arms to his powerful thighs and calfs.

Ezekiel stood tall and proud, and he when he looked at Alyshia it was with respect and desire.

"
I am Ezekiel Solomon Caine of the Kadzait, and I choose to be with you this night."
Alyshia 17 years ago
Nodding at his words about dancing around a fire she watched him quietly, as he began to remove his clothing, taking off her watch and necklace she stepped closer to where he was standing, never taking her eyes of him.

Did he have any ideo how beautiful he was.. did you even call a man beautiful? she held her breath as he dropped his pants and then his briefs, looking at his face she blushed, letting her eyes travel down south she slowly released the air she had been holding inside of her lungs, finally letting her eyes move further south till she reached his groin area, she had seen men naked before.. many times but this was different, as he spoke to her she just looked at him.

Pulling off her shirt and jeans she stood before her in a pair of black boy shorts and matching sports bra, not the sexiest lingerie in the world but who needed sexy while out hiking, reaching behind her back she unclasped her bra, letting the straps slide down her arms she let the grament fall to the floor, next came her panties, hooking her thumbs around the elastics she slid them down her legs.

Even if she was petite Alyshia still had a killer body, curvey and slightly muscled, her breast though not big (a b cup) were firm and her belly was flat and completed by a thin waist, her legs were long and lean, not thin like sticks but in good proportion like the rest of her body, her feet were tiny, like her hands, stepping closer to him she smiled.

"I Alyshia Devon of the Vyusher R'asa would be honored to walk alogn side you"

Taking his hands into hers she waited for him to pick up the key and head outside, the sun had started to set above the horizon, casting a red glow on everything it touched, she shived slightly as the cool out side air came in contact with her bare skin, watching Ezekiel lock the cabin door and hide the keys so they would find them again later on they held hands as they walked onto the clearing not far from the cabin.
Ezekiel 17 years ago
The crimson light flickered and died quietly across the horizon as the veil of night covered all. The salt air was crisp and cool, and each breathe he exhaled was accompanied by small cloud of steam as Alyshia lead Ezekiel to a clearing.

A pale glow descended upon the grass and trees, and the distant waves glistened like silver as they crashed upon the darkened sands. He could feel the Calling now, stirring within his heart as the serene moon silently watched in her full, ancient glory.

Ezekiel turned to Alyshia and lifted her face up to his. Reaching down he kissed her tenderly and pulled her close towards him. The change would come soon, but he wanted to grab hold of her warm body and hold her one final time. Ezekiel smiled at Alyshia, marvelling at her beauty, her grace, and her proud bearing. His lips formed the word and he whispered it softly, 'Beloved.'

Ezekiel let go of Alyshia and straightened. His pale blue eyes fixed on hers and he slowly stepped away from her. The world slowed. Each step backwards became difficult, muscles tensed and flexed involuntarily, and beads of cold sweat formed on Ezekiel's head and body.

But he did not flinch, did not stop. He buried the pain from his face as the Calling became more frantic now, more urgent. Ezekiel was barely five feet from Alyshia and his lungs felt on fire. Each breathe was a battle, each step backwards an exercise in agony. And the moon was ever silent, watching.

Ezekiel finally collapsed on his knees, his twisted hands gouging the hardened earth as if it was little more than soft clay. He yielded to the Calling with a quiet whimper.

The breathing came in erratic, laboured bursts as muscles began to shudder and twist, bones warped and realigned themselves, and skin split and buried itself around a quickly thickening coat of black fur.

And where the man once knelt, the wolf now began to emerge.

The wolf was nearly five and a half feet tall at the shoulders and weighed over three hundred pounds. Thick muscles rippled beneath the black fur as the wolf stretched powerful legs and oversized paws built for strength and endurance, not speed.

For a moment the wolf was confused, but not scared. After all, there were few things in the wilds that posed a threat to it. The wolf could not smell the scent of the Pack, and it couldn't hear any kin running through the forest or bounding across the sands.

Then it remembered and the wolf sat on its haunches, arching it's neck and casting it's gaze about slowly as it's nostrils flared and ears twitched. Savouring the sounds and scents of land, air, and sea.

He was Zeke the White Stripe. The Bear Baiter. The Tree Crawler. The Far Reacher.

There was a reason he was on unfamilar terrain. Far from the Pack. And that reason was the small grey wolf standing a few feet away. Zeke slowly beat his tail to and fro as he stared at the her, and his head slowly shifted from left to right and back again. He knew her. She knew him.

Zeke let out a low growl of recognition, his ears leant forward and he grinned, panting softly as he looked at her.
Alyshia 17 years ago
Hugging him back tightly Aly watched the last rays of the sun disappear behind the horizon, as they broke appart she smiled genty at him, their fingers touching as he took a few steps back until they were standing a good 5 feeth a warm fussy feeling spreading through her at his words.

She could feel the change coming at a rapid pace, the calling of the moon making them both change into their were forms, closing her eyes she took a deep breath, she had gone through this too many times to not know what to do, crouching down she held on to the earth, bones shifting and skin crawling as a light grey fur started to spread across her skin, her whole appearance changing in to that of a wolf, there was pain, lots of it enough to make her whimper softly but the calling was too strong, nothing would hold the wolf back.

Opening her now pale blue eyes she looked around cautiously, strething her long hind legs she sniffed the air, looking around she noticed the large black wolf with a stripe across his nose and muzzle, his pale blue eyes looking at her curiously, her tail moving back and forth slowly as she picked up his scent, she knew him.

Her ears turning forward she moved closer to him, her whole posture showed she was happy to see him, like in their human forms they made quite the pair, where he was big and dark she was small and stood only at 3'8" (shoulder height), panting softly she walked around him, making little sounds that told him it was time to go.. play with her.

Leaning on her fore legs she let out a soft barking sound before running off towards the beach, looking at him over her shoulder she waited for him to join her.
Ezekiel 17 years ago
Zeke savoured her scent, and continued panting as she paced about him, examining him. She was small. Long, slender legs and a narrow chest. But she radiated strength. Zeke's nostrils flared he padded after her with long easy strides as she softly barked at him to follow after her.

Grass gave way to sand and her speed increased as she made a game of running up close to Zeke, dashing in for a playful nip and then accelerating away again. Zeke's paws pounded across the beach, throwing up sand in his wake as he thundered after her. Everytime he lurched forward to nip her back, she was gone. Dancing forward, just out of reach.

Zeke enjoyed the chase. He began barking in joy and leaping as she came back and forth, his tail wagging furiously as he tried in vain to get a grip on her. And then she deliberately paused as she ran at Zeke, letting his teeth grab her about the throat as she latched onto his. The tussle was friendly, there was no intention of hurting one another and Zeke enjoyed the bout as each wolf tried to outmaneveur the other and get in little bites on one another, or push each other around with their paws.

Zeke knew she was fast, but how agile was she? He began ducking and weaving in earnest now, taunting her with short barks as he ran across a scattered pack of driftwood logs. Suddenly he felt a tug on his tail and Zeke snickered. Turning back on her, Zeke leaped up and above her, twisting his massive body in the air and landing atop a split log with practised ease. He sat on the precariously creaking log and barked at her, his tail thumping on the dried wood.

Let's see you match that, a grinning Zeke seemed to say as he stared down at her with pale blue eyes.
Alyshia 17 years ago
She hadn't had this much fun since she was a little pup, running along the beach with Zeke was amazing, they dared eachother and played games, an occasional bite and lick as they played and run across the sand, jumping into the cold floodline now and then almost daring the waves to come closer, sitting down for a moment she sat on her haunces, looking at the moon above she howled softly, looking over at Zeke she panted urging him on to join her in a howling song.

Running away again she jumped around him playfully, here tail moving from side too side showing her playful nature, as her jumped up and landed on a log she croocked her head to the side, her ears standing straight up as she accepted the dare, jumping up herself she jumped right over him landing a few feet away on a wooden boat laying upside down on the sand, the boat rocked back and forth as she stood on top of it, but she kept her balance just fine, letting out a soft bark she grinned at him.

Ezekiel 17 years ago
Zeke answered the challenge by sailing through the air and landing on the upturned boat with ease. He barked back and her and wagged his tail. Too easy. But he was having was fun and the more he played with her, the more inclined he felt to...

And she was off again, dashing across the sands. Zeke shook his head and panted heavily. She smelt good and not wishing to let her get to far ahead, Zeke leapt off the boat and began bounding after her.

Graceful and fast. Zeke continued his pursuit, determined to show the younger wolf that he was strong, powerful, virile. The muscles rippled beneath his fur as Zeke pounded across the sands, ignoring the crashing surf and distant sounds of things scurrying about in the night. His chest expanded as he sucked in the crisp, salt air and pushed onwards, his legs striking the sand like pearls of thunder.

He was the wolf now, hunting on her scent. Eyes focused on the small grey shape that continued to dart back and forth, matching him stride for stride and gently nipping at him each time she got close. Speed was good, but timing was better. He studied her weaving and ducking, and when she looped around he acclereated to the side and crashed his body into hers.

She let out a yelp of surprise as the two wolves careened wildly to the right and lost their footing on the sand and rolled. Zeke grinned and licked her muzzle as he rested his front paws on her.

He grinned in amusement. You can't run pretty lightfoot, if I'm sitting on you.
Alyshia 17 years ago
Running across the now damp sand she sped up, running ahead of him and then stopping letting him catch up, as he got close she sped up again, suddenly he was near her, his large frame crashing into her smaller one, yelping at the impact she found herself on her side laying on the sand with him stradling her, his big paws pinning her down.

Feeling his tongue lick her muzzle she looked at him wide eyed, there was no way she could get out from under him, he had the advantage her and he knew it, pulling her ears back she looked at him calmly letting him know he had won for now.

The moment he pulled back and let her stand she leapt up, giving a playful bite at one of his ears, leaning on her front legs she panted softly, leaning forward she pressed her nose against his muzzle in an almost kissing manner, her big blue eyes looking at him, she was getting hungry, turning around she ran towards the sandy dunes, her sharp nose picking up the scent of a rabbid, time to eat.
Ezekiel 17 years ago
Zeke trailed after her, she was hungry. So was he. But he doubted a mere rabbit would satisfy his hunger. Still it would be interesting to see how she pursued her prey. Zeke could smell other prey in the forest, here the small noises and muffled sounds. But without knowing the terrain it would be difficult to herd larger prey into an area where speed would not be a mitigating factor. Rabbits. Tricksy little things.

Zeke matched pace with Aly, keeping a short distance out to the right of her as the pair entered the sand dunes. Rabbit would be able to hear the approach of the wolves, and Rabbit would most likely smell them before they near them. But Aly was fast. And Zeke wanted to see how fast.

The tail slowly waved back and forth as Zeke padded slowly along the dunes, listening and watching for any sign of movement.
Alyshia 17 years ago
Cassing the scent of the rabbit, she quickly found the little animal, speeding up she cought hold of it before it had time to flee inside of it's hole, snapping it's neck she put a paw down on it's body, looking up at Zeke who was standing close she panted softly telling him to take a bite if he wanted too, pushing the rabbit towards him with her nose she waited for him to accept her gift, sure a rabbit wasn't much especially not for a wolf his size but food was food and she liked the taste of rabbit.

They would go hunting for something bigger after this, watching him take a bite ouf ot the rabbit she walked closer and took a bit herself, the blood coloring her muzzle bright red, as they finished eating she waited for him near a slope that led to the more secluded part leading to the woods, there would be larger game there for sure.
Ezekiel 17 years ago
Zeke wolfed down the bloody remains and licked his lips. He rubbed his head against Aly's and growled softly in appreciation. He gently licked the blood on her muzzle, panting the whole time.

Sitting on his haunches, Zeke broadened his senses, tasting the myriad of scents, and listening to the sound of the forest and its denizens. There were little critters snuffling around in the undergrowth and scrambling up trees, and more rabbits dashing about. He could hear the forlorn cry of an owl and the twittering of small rodents.

And then a specific scent enticed the wolf, a familiar prey. One that had been hunted since the old times. Deer. Powerful hooves tearing through the forest as the stag patrolled it's area, keeping an eye and ear out for the old predators, protecting the hinds and their younglings.

Distant, but not too far away. Zeke wondered why there was no Pack already stalking the deer, where were the wolves of this land?

A difficult prey for two wolves to bring down, but a worthy challenge. Zeke gently nudged Aly and then heading off at a steady pace towards the darkened trees. The stag would know soon enough that the wolves were coming. Would it flee, or would it stand and fight the interlopers. Zeke licked his lips in anticipation.

((ooc - welcome back ))