Sigh

Three pm in the afternoon. I was the 112th voter in my district. WTF.

I suppose on the bright side that means my vote represents 179 people. At least I know THOSE fools chose well and picked the right candidates and measures. :P

I guess I just worry since when I was there I was one of two people who didn't need instructions on how to touch the screen to get it to select the right person or which box, clearly labeled, meant which person / measure, or how to end the voting process. I mean, it is right there in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Tagalog and Korean. Those votes counted for 179 people, too.

These are guesstimates based on the geographic regions the polls represent. Or unregistered voters. I guess that makes me like the senator for my apartment complex. I feel that I've represented my people well. Especially the Asian babies. They love my vote!

Ok, needed to rant that out. Better.

j

Shay 17 years ago
Well, even if I was your neighbor you wouldn't have seen me there...voted absentee.
*pets Alec*
Ginnie 17 years ago
Austin had record turn out this election, I guess that happens when you have five candidates for governor, and 7 propositions that mean new taxes on the line.

I voted and it's all Rachyl's player's fault...
Shay 17 years ago
Yay Ginnie, and Yay Rachel...you NEED to vote!
Ambrose 17 years ago
Meh... no complaints we are on record as having the LONGEST ballot in the country this year. No kidding its four pages long, even with the samble ballot it took half an hour.

I say if the ballots going to be that long we should get a t-shirt or at least a bumper sticker.
Alyshia 17 years ago
We have to vote for a new parlement and a new prime minister on the 22nd, I did one of those online question lists last night to see which party I should vote on, wasn't much of a surprise what came out of it

I just hope we don't get the same Harry Potter look alike prime minister we had for the last 8 years or so :s
Aishe 17 years ago
Vote? What? Who?

*crawls back under her rock*
Alec Devereaux 17 years ago
4 pages is a lotta bubbles to make sure you fill in correctly. I feel sorry for old people. Our digital version was 24 pages, but there were only two choices per page - once it printed out, it was only 2.5 pages long.

I kind of like going to the polls. It gives me an opportunity to frighten people I normally wouldn't ever see. And then they know that I have a say in government, too.
Ambrose 17 years ago
Oh we draw lines between arrows... I feel for the poll workers. This one lady forgot her glasses and they had to read her the ENTIER ballot all 999 propsitions and everything.
Ellis Duban 17 years ago
Ambrose;34742
Oh we draw lines between arrows... I feel for the poll workers. This one lady forgot her glasses and they had to read her the ENTIER ballot all 999 propsitions and everything.

Uhuh, i would've been like 'come back lady'. There is no way.
Dawn Ratana 17 years ago
They read the whole thing? That rules. I bet she was putting them on. :P