Your all jinxes!

So we go out last night to see a band at a bar. Cool aside from the obnoxious 40+ year old singles scene. *shudders* Gah those guys were creepy.

So I hop off my barstool to walk to a table, doing the nice thing and handing a guy some napkins as the bartender had given him a glass of beer that was slimey with foam overflow and only one napkin.

I take two steps, put the right leg on the dance floor wood, slide about an inch, put the left (aka surgery knee) leg down and feel it slip, grind and generally feel like I came millimeters from dislocating it. Frell.

I get my ass back to the stool and realize that it only took 23 weeks for me to fuck up massive surgery. Two weeks after Physical Therapy ended.

All I can do is hope like hell this didnt ruin the surgery totally. Maybe it was just a little grindy action. But you people jinxed me with your twisting joints and ouchiness!

Mosi 17 years ago
Gimpy.
Ginnie 17 years ago
Aw! *huggles*
Amberelle DeEspionne 17 years ago
OUCH!!!! *hugs*
Ellis Duban 17 years ago
God dang. That hurt me all the way over here. =x
Suki Langston 17 years ago
Thanks all. At the very least I know it didnt dislocate, it would hurt like hell if that happened. Think on floor screaming in agony and not walking for a day or two. At the very least it would swell up double like it usually does. Stupid knee.

Five months and the scar is still lurid pink/pruple. Only one inch, out of 9, is faded to white. And then this happens. Should I give up and just get a pegleg?
Fallon 17 years ago
Poor sweetie...like I said earlier, and ROz just said...your vivid accounting had my own knee aching, I cringe to think how it must have felt for you.
Take care, and don't let the scar bother you. I can scratch myself with my own fingernail and wind up with a scar that won't go away. As long as you can walk, that's the main thing
Alfarinn 17 years ago
I thought my surgery scars were never going to fade (very angry red on the blinding whiteness) but they did eventually. I was on my bike as per doctor's orders for a type of exercise I was allowed post surgery and felt a tearing along it... needless to say I was totally freaked out that I had just done something very very bad to it. When I got to my next appointment the doctor said no it was just the scar tissue breaking up underneath and it was a good thing. So perhaps it was simply that? It certainly didn't feel like a good thing at the time and it came from making it move more than it had been.
Alec Devereaux 17 years ago
Hang on in there. At least it isn't facial scarring! And even that can regenerate given enough time and respect. Scar tissue is some woonky stuff. Yes, that's a technical term.

The moral of the story is BAD THINGS HAPPEN if you're nice to guys in BARS! Ladies, BEWARE!
Wesley 17 years ago
That sucks... major

truly sorry friend
Aishe 17 years ago
owie. The scar from my first surgery 3 years ago is still red and very sensitive. I also scraped my knee open back in june and that's still red and purple. So maybe not to worry just yet. I hope it feels better though!
Alyshia 17 years ago
Awww you poor thing /hug!

Some scars take forever to fade, some never do it's all having to do with the energy lines in your body, if one is on top of one of those it will always stay a bit sensitive to the touch and slightly more redish then other scars, I have one like that on my ankle it sucks (had surgery on it when i was 18 and am 33 now).

Hope you feel better soon