Will be offline...

Hi all...

Just letting you know I will/might be missing on Friday Nov 3rd, and possibly Saturday the 4th as well although my absence may extend for as long as a week. I will be having surgery on my right ankle to repair a torn tendon and ligament, and am hoping to have someone dump a laptop with an internet connection on me. Mine does not get a signal in our condo.

Not sure when I will be allowed up to move although hopefully it will be quick, as I'm high risk for blood clots (having had one before) so they won't want me immobile too long. Hopefully all will go well, my friends will pity me and manage to hook up a computer to my brain or something, and i won't actually miss much posting at all. *cheer*

But if I disappear for a bit, you can find me on a couch in my condo grumping and whining that I don't get to have any painkillers (they make me pukey) and I am bored and want attention.

Alexandra 17 years ago
Good luck hun, I've had surgery on my ankle in the past I know it's not fun at all espcially if you're not able to take any pain medication, take you time and I hope you will be able to have a nice laptop to play with /hug!
Pakpao 17 years ago
Blech... clotts don't taste good, not at all we don't recommend them.

I say beat your friends now, its never too soon to have a laptop with a net connection.

Take care and listen to the Doc.
Iov Hammerthynn 17 years ago
Blech, pak lol. I will call and harass you while doped up! =D
Fallon 17 years ago
Here's to a quick and uneventful surgery, and even quicker and painless recovery! If we don't see you, know that we'll be thinking about you !
Hugs!!
Mathias 17 years ago
More proof that some folks shouldn't read the Kama Sutra....

I'm just saying
Cyrus 17 years ago
I hope it goes easily and recovery is swift. Good luck with it!

After my surgery I did pretty good with percocet for pain relief without nausia. Perhaps they will have something that would work for ya!
Alyshia 17 years ago
Mathias;33734
More proof that some folks shouldn't read the Kama Sutra....

I'm just saying

But it's such a fun book and a good all over body work out
Aishe 17 years ago
I've had a similar surgery on my other ankle. Apparently I won the ankle tendon lottery. Unfortunately almost every painkiller available makes me disgustingly sick (we ran the gamut last time, and again after wisdom teeth), so I generally end up with ibuprofen, which is about the same as throwing a cup of water on a forest fire. To be honest I have a fairly high threshhold for pain (as evidenced by my walking around for a year on a torn tendon), so I can handle that way easier than I can handle prolonged nausea and general ickiness from painkillers.

And... Roz calling me while doped up is particularly scary. Who knows what dark secrets she might learn while my defenses are down?? *panic*

As for blood clots, I have been informed that my nurse will bitch them into nonexistence, and I shouldn't worry about them at all. :P
Cyrus 17 years ago
Oh that sucks. I could at least hold down the percocet mainly cus it knocked me out. Youch.
Fallon 17 years ago
Ibuprophen FTW! When I had my kidney stone bout a couple months back, even 4 vicodin did nothing. Not that they normally do more than put me to sleep anyway, but with the pain I had they didn't even do that. I took two ibuprophen and, viola!
Alec Devereaux 17 years ago
Aishe is just faking. She's merely willing to go to much greater extremes than the rest of us in order to get out of work! :P

I mean...um...feel better and stuff. And if there's dark secrets involved I might even call! Eep!
Alfarinn 17 years ago
I totally agree with Alex... she's probably one of his psycho alter egos so he'd know. Just made her up so he can badger himself in public...masochist!

May it be speedy and done well, and unlike me, may you have a private room.
Ellis Duban 17 years ago
You know you don't get a private potty in ICU? /shudder
Aishe 17 years ago
Erm, fortunately it's outpatient surgery, so I get to regain full consciousness in the comfort of my very own home, regardless of whether or not I own appropriate furniture for such things (which I don't. I'm not actually sure where the heck I'll end up as we own one couch that is too soft for the position I'll need to be in, another whose arms are WAY too high for it, and not a single chair that isn't a desk chair).

Which also means I get my own bathroom. Ah, the simple joys. No doubt the cats will want to tapdance on my cast as well.

Also, I hate you Alec. :/ And Alfie's a meanie, too!
H8r! :P Just be glad it is ankle surgery...imagine how much fun I'd be making if it was butt surgery!
Fallon 17 years ago
lol -- you honestly didn't think you were going to get nice flowery well wishes from Alec, now did you??? Though I'm sure there is sentiment in there somewhere

Though Alfie did bring up an interesting theory...I may need to start thinking twice about what I say to you in IM hon...
Yeah, but don't worry. My inner child is tied up with duct tape in the closet. > Situation under control!
Kem`Raaisu 17 years ago
So running on all these assumptions... Aishe is Alec's alter ego and is actually having butt-surgery...

We're actually cutting off Alec's head?

Sweeeeeet.
Alfarinn 17 years ago
LMAO!

I used a stool with a very large stack of pillow in order to sit at my desk while recovering. The guys nearly made that stack higher than my head. Enough with the pillows! I was given the bed all to myself though and one of them slept in a sleeping bag on the floor. I got up to do things myself while he was sleeping in the other room the first night I was out of the hospital. He didn't trust me to not do that again.

So long as you have no one kicking you at night and a nice way to sit and be propped up then it will be all good.
Mmhmm...Kem, go wear a pith helmet and talk to Cyrus. Kkthx! :P

Oh...and foot on desk with pillows 4tw.