Favorite Fall Treats

I am sitting here ejoying my Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and it made me wonder if any of you have favorite fall treats. The ones that can only be found during this special time of year.

Alec Devereaux 17 years ago
I'm sure I have some, but I have forgotten them all. =x
Shay 17 years ago
*ugh to pumpkin anything* lol
Funny that you mention that...one of the guys I work with today came into my office 'sniffing'. I have a warmer that I had just put a cinnamon 'tart' in, and he was commenting on how nice and 'fall like' it made him feel. I melt tarts all year long, and always switch from the fresh, flowery scents I use in spring and summer, to the more 'warm, and comfortable kinda 'food' scents I use in the winter. From now till spring I'll be using cinnamon, spiced apple, vanilla cookies, etc., with an occasional pine/bayberry scent thrown in around December.

Food wise I have changed from my normal iced mocha, back to regular hot mochas, but until Christmas when I start getting kind of creative in the kitchen, nothing else much changes.
Ellis Duban 17 years ago
Tee hee! CANDY CORN!
Rachyl 17 years ago
Wawa's Pumpkin-spiced donuts! Wheee!
Alexandra 17 years ago
You US people and your pumpkins /giggles

For us oktober means speculaas and pepernoten (another dutch treat) and with Sinterklaas coming in november that means alot of candy that we only eat during those time of the year.

So yes fall and early winter holds many special foods for us Dutch people
Cyrus 17 years ago
I have been craving spice cake. So much so that I may have to break down and make some if I can find a recipe I like.

While scented candles or melties may be nice, I am unfortunately allergic to most manufactured scents. So they dont make me feel comforted, but give me migraines.
Alec Devereaux 17 years ago
Sadbomb for Cyrus.

Roz, I can totally picture you chasing around your lil'un or husband with little candy corn fangs on your teeth.
Mai 17 years ago
I get migraines from a lot of scents also, especially perfumes. My mother did drive me out of the house one year with this brilliant plan to freshen up the house that first time the heater comes on; she put cinnamon air fresheners in front of some of the vents. All I can say is wow... it was strong. I had to leave for a long while.

Not all the candle fragrances did that to me but some do and I wear essential oils or oil blends instead of perfume.

The pumkin spice latte sounds good. I'll have to look for that. As a kid I liked the juice stuff in the wax and the fake lips with fangs and things. Caramel apples are yummy.
Shay 17 years ago
Oh yea, the big red wax lips, and black wax mustaches lol - yum. I had my first caramel apple in years last weekend - also yum!
Aishe 17 years ago
Pumpkin pie... homemade, natch. I love making pie crust. *drool*

And candy corn for me too!
William 17 years ago
I would like to go apple picking again. That was a great deal of fun the one time I went.

I do't like cooked apples, but I do love the smell of them. I have Apple cinnamon candles for the fall/winter. Yummy!
Pakpao 17 years ago
Hmmmm… nothing here, not until Thanksgiving or Christmas. Thanksgiving the microbrewery by work releases their Pumpkin Porter (don’t knock it till you tired it, the stuff sells out in a week tops) and then there is kringle, a ridiculously rich Danish pastry you have to order from one of two bakeries in Wisconsin but well worth the shipping. Come the Christmas holiday cardamom bread is a tradition in my family, it is a great smell… good bread too… I suppose I could break tradition and make some this weekend…