Holy Crap! Twins! (Meegan)

Rachyl waited patiently in the car while Meegan puttered around in the drug store picking up more ginger ale, picking up her anti-nausea prescription.

She pulled up her cami and looked at her still-flat belly. Leaning her chin on her chest, she started whispering to herself.
"You know, you didn't need to make me sick just to say 'Hi! We're here!' You could have just, you know, grown and grown then popped out and we would have been completely ecstatic knowing you were both ours. But I'm glad we have you, and I hope you grow big and strong and are wonderful children and I'm probably rambling and anyone who walks by or looks in and sees me talking at my bare stomach would think I'm nuts, and well I am, nuts about Meegan and you. So behave in there, no hair-pulling or battles royale, okay? Just let me get through the next forty years without any major incidents."

When she replaced the hem of her cami against her skirt and looked up, she saw Meegan looking across the hood of the car, one of her defined blonde eyebrows arched curiously. Rachyl simply smiled at her partner and shrugged her eyebrows.

Meegan 17 years ago
Meegan tucked the bag onto the floorboard, behind Rachyl's seat as she slid into her own. She closed the door and buckled her seat belt. She'd left the car running so that Rachyl was comfortable, so all she had to do was put it in gear and drive away. Instead she turned her head to Rachyl and a long slow smile spread across her face.

"Rachyl, I just want you to know how happy I am. I'm stunned by the the fact that we will have two babies to cherish and love, but mostly I'm happy that we finally won this battle. I love you."

With that, she put the car in gear and drove the few short blocks to their home, listening to Rachyl's happy monologue.
Rachyl 17 years ago
Rachyl smiled and nodded at Meegan's comments. "Me too. I think what shocks me the most is that while we may have eventually decided to have a second child, it's being gifted to us right from the start. Perhaps it's good that all the previous efforts didn't quite work out, because now we're doubly blessed. You know what this means, don't you? We're going to have to get a twin stroller, and another bed, and twice as many diapers. What if we end up with a boy and a girl? That might be a little odd, but still fun. Or two boys? Or even two girls! Wow I pity any man who visits or any family or whatever, if we did have two girls, because you know in thirteen years we'd likely all be cycling at the same time. And I don't mean on two wheels." She shook her head and slid down in her seat, pulling her cami up to uncover her belly again.

"But I told them, whoever they are, that they're to grow big and strong and become wonderful children, and that I hope we can make them as happy as they are making us." Rachyl wiggled her nose, trying ineffectually to will the bubbly tears to go away.

"You know," she said thoughtfully as they pulled up their driveway and parked, "I'm now carrying a Meegan-baby." Gazing mock-sternly at her lover, she unsuccessfully tried to hide a smirk as she continued, "If I was carrying just a Rachyl-baby I'd be okay, but I think it's -your- fault I'm getting morning sickness!" Leaning quickly across the seat divider, she gave Meegan a brief kiss on her lips then hopped out of the car.

Gathering her purse, she walked to the front door and unlocked it, and flipping through the mail, waited for Meegan to join her. Bill, bill, Shopper's Guide, a pamphlet on breast feeding... Rachyl nearly dropped the mail as Meegan walked up the porch steps. Eyes wide, she exclaimed,
"Good thing I have two breasts, because I'll have to be feeding two babies!"
Meegan 17 years ago
Chuckling softly, Meegan pulled her purse, Rachyl's bag o' stuff, and the drug store bag out of the car and made her way up to the porch. With a soft laugh she took the mail from RAchyl and gently nudged her further into the foyer. She put her purse, keys, and the mail on the table near the door, and gently toed her shoes off, placing them on the thick mat below the table.

"Rachyl, love, everything will work out just fine. We have the day off tomorrow. I left Jeff in charge of the interns and gave most of the staff the rest of the week off so that they can recover from fashion week." Meegan put her hands on Rachyl's waist and moved close.

"So you and I," she pressed a gentle kiss to her lover's lip to keep the protesting words at bay. "Will go to the baby store and buy duplicates of everything we have. Then we'll take a look at all those wonderful everyday things that babies need."

She slanted her mouth across Rachyl's, teasing her lips open with gentle strokes of her tongue. She took the time to taste and explore her lover, most of Rachyl's taste was masked with the mint and fluoride from her toothpaste. Slowly she pulled back and smiled.

"But first I think you should eat and we should take a nap."
Rachyl 17 years ago
Stunned into sensual silence by Meegan's seeking softness, Rachyl sighed. "Nop then shapping. I mean, shap then nopping." Blinking slowly once, Rachyl stuck the tip of her tongue out and held it between her teeth, then nodded, gazing lovingly up into her partner's eyes. Pushing off her sneakers with the tips of her toes and setting them next to Meegan's, she entwined her fingers with her lover's and slowly walked with her to the kitchen. "We're going to need to get baby-proofing, too, like gates for the staircases and latches for doors and cabinets." Out of the corner of her eye she saw Meegan's exasperated look. "But that's a quest for another day."

Once in the kitchen, Rachyl sat Meegan at the nook table and began gathering up the components to make her stir-fry. Yammering away about everything, nothing, work, home, friends and family, the two women ate in relative silence before taking each other's hands again and heading up to their bedroom to nap.