Return to the fold

The taxi driver was not very pleased to have to pull the trunk from his car. Apparently he had hoped a handy bellboy would materialize to assist him. Instead he got a tip once the large box was once more on the ground. Livia thanked him sincerely as he left mopping his brow. Lifting one edge she popped out the wheels that would make it roll easily across the white floor. Once that was accomplished she moved to the other end and began to pull it along as she entered the tower.

With a smile and happy laugh she noticed the minor differences before heading towards the elevator.

"MARI! I'm home."

While she did not expect the busy AI to lead her to her room she hoped for a welcoming voice at least as she made her way upwards. Her suite should be as she had left it, with the cleaning crew their efficent selves it should be in just as good condition. In the back of her mind she wondered if her few plants had survived or not. It did not matter really but still she had a vague moment of hope.

Tomorrow she would explore the towers to find all the changes that had happened in her absence. Surely new stores had appeared and new clanmates welcomed into the fold. As much fun as travelling had been, this was just as exciting to her.

Nicholae 17 years ago
Whistling an upbeat tune to something from his past, Nic sauntered into the Towers headed to his suite. The evening had been profitable, and that helped make it a happy one as well. His gait and demeanor was of a man who truly felt blessed, and he didn't care who took notice of it.

Life was indeed good...and while there were one or two things that would have made it perfect, dwelling on those few things would serve no purpose now. So he didn't.

Nearing the expansive, curving staircase, which Nic almost always took, he nearly stumbled over his feet. Before him, waiting for the elevator, stood a dark, exotic beauty he knew he'd never seen in the Towers previously. Though he had no way of knowing, he guessed from her look that she must be latin, but that was as far as his guesses could take him. Besides...she was gorgeous, so it really didn't matter what her nationality was anyway.

Continuing directly past the stairs, he came to wait at the elevator beside her, and smiled.

"Hi there! From the look of your trunk, I'd have to say you're just moving in? And if that's the case, let me be among the first to welcome you...Nic Lache, at your service."

Sure, it was possible she was taking the trunk upstairs to someone else, but highly unlikely. At least in Nic's mind. And if he later found out that some schmuck had made this lovely lady haul a trunk around for them, he'd be sure to educate that person differently. But he chuckled at the crazy thought, and hoped the pretty girl would allow him to assist her. Or at the very least, tell him her name...and that she wasn't married...or already spoken for.
Livia 17 years ago
Livia was not overly surprised to see someone up and about at this hour within the towers. This was afterall home to many vampires within the clan. With a smile at his happy whistling she turned slightly, allowing the trunk to rest upon the floor so that she could offer him her hand.

"Hello Mr. Lache its a pleasure to meet you. While I am not moving in new, I am more like a bad penny, returning from a long time away. But thank you for the welcome, it is good to be home."

To be welcomed by such a handsome young man was always nice. She wondered if he was family or simply familiar. Either way it would be rude of her to inquire so she simply smiled and awaited the elevator's arrival. If he was headed up as well she hoped that there would be enough room for them both with her large trunk in tow.

"Going up?"
MARI 17 years ago
MARI made note of Livia's return by putting her in the database as currently within the building. She found a nearby screen and made a visual appearance. It was always nice when the residents were willing to talk to her.

"Good evening, Livia, welcome home."

She also noted the presence of Nicolae Lache and greeted him as well.

"And hello, Nic."

Turning her gaze once more to Livia, she filled the woman in on the necessities that she might like to know.

"Housekeeping has kept your room as you left it. The current temperature is seventy five degrees. If you would like some food then I can have that sent to your room if you will state your preference."

After stating her questions, MARI waited on the screen for the answers, smiling pleasantly at the two Evenhet.
Nicholae 17 years ago
He gladly accepted her hand, and squeezed it firmly before reluctantly letting it go. Her skin was soft, and warm, and it left pleasant images in his head.

Again he had to chastise himself for thinking just because she had a trunk with her, that she was new to Liefde. The same assumption had been wrong when he'd met Mauve, and he vowed from now on not to even address that suspicion. It appeared now that the only newcomer to Liefde, for sometime, had been him.

"Then welcome home..." He left the sentence to hang on purpose, seeing how she had yet to tell him her name. Surely she wouldn't be so cruel as to keep that little bit of information secret... Being that they both resided in the Towers, and that she wasn't new to Nachton, she would have known he was either a vampire or someone's familiar, and therefore not a threat to her...per se.

He was completely non-plused when MARI appeared, having finally grown accustomed to her comings and goings.

"Hello MARI...how's my favorite girl been lately?"

At least she was the one 'woman' who didn't give him TOO much grief, and he could count on her always being there for him.
Livia 17 years ago
As the handsome Nic left his sentence dangling, Livia realized she had not given him her name. Since she had not meant to be so coy a warm blush suffused her cheeks. Before she could corect her error MARI welcomed her home. It was good to hear her sounding like she remembered though Livia was sure there had been many upgrades to her processes.

"Thank you MARI. Could I have some pasta with pesto sent up along with a bottle of, um, Red please? The flight from Scotland was quite draining." Hopefully the brainy computer would understand what she was asking for, if not, she would simply request the blood when alone in her rooms.

Turning to Mr. Lache slightly as the elevator dinged she remembered she had not shared her name with him yet. Feeling a little foolish she blurted it out.

"Livia Pecora, spinner, weaver and tapestry maker."
MARI 17 years ago
MARI turned and favored Nic with a smile.

"I am quite well, Nicolae. How are you this evening?"Â?

She considered Livia's order, ready to send the message for the pasta but stopped short and the request for red. The vampire could mean red wine or she could be using one of the slang terms that the programmers taught her meant that a vampire was requesting blood while in mixed company. MARI considered this for a moment. Nic was a vampire but he had just introduced himself to Livia so they had never met which meant Livia would have no way of knowing whether he was human or not but she could still mean she wanted a bottle of red wine. She had said the trip from Scotland had been quite draining, meaning she was low on fuel. Vampires were fueled by blood. MARI ordered the two items to be sent to Livia's room.

"Your order will be arriving shortly."Â?
Nicholae 17 years ago
"I'm just peachy, MARI...getting ready to assist Ms. Pecora with her trunk...may I?" He reached down to the handle on the trunk when the elevator doors opened, and waved her in. He could, undoubtedly, have carried the trunk up for her, but saw no reason to. He was fit, and liked a good work out, but when it came to manual labor, that was another story altogether.

"I usually take the stairs, but will gladly make an exception this time." He grinned his award winning grin, patted his taught, firm abs, and looked at the numbers on the panel. It was just habit that some of his reactions took over when he met beautiful women. But he really did want to be friendly to any of his neighbors. It just happened to be a perk when they were as pretty as this one was. When MARI confirmed Livia's request would be taken care of, Nic bit back a question on the 'bottle of red' part. Once again there was the rigamarole of sorting out who was what to be dealt with, and suffer as he might, he understood the necessity...to a point. But there was time.

"And what floor would the spinner, weaver, and tapestry maker of dreams...Miss Livia...like?"

He wondered if she'd catch the 'Miss' title, and remark on it, though at this point it didn't matter. She hadn't mentioned returning with anyone, nor meeting anyone, so his chances of her being single were pretty good. And...if they weren't...he'd still rather she were a friend, than just a face he passed in the lobby.

Trying not to stare, but finding it difficult, he visualized her sitting in front of a spinning wheel, and a loom...dressed in something long, and soft, and flowing...maybe humming an old song, while her fingers moved around the threads. It was an image that reminded him of home, and times long ago, and brought an unexpected bittersweet feeling over him.

Not one to normally give way to such sentimentality, it surprised Nic to feel it now. Another bit of evidence that maybe he was, indeed, ready to settle down?
Livia 17 years ago
"Thank you MARI." Livia could chat more with the artificial intelligence about the changes that had occured in her absence but for now she was simply happy to hear the electronic voice and know that food was on its way to her. At Nic's offer of assistance she smiled and held the handle towards him so he could tug it easily.

"Thank you very much Sir." He was proving to be quite the gentleman to Livia, she was impressed. Since he had been the one to draw attention to his physique she did not mind inspecting his firm stomach as he patted it. The fabric molded nicly to his muscled frame. She wished briefly that her travel outfit was not quite so dowdy now. The long linen skirt was a deep brown color and wrinkled due to the fullness cramped in a seat for fourteen plus hours. The black tee shirt was fine but the knit open sweater simply had her feeling ancient. Livia knew the thick braid down her back was highly mussed with tendrils trying to escape.

"The ninth floor. And please, call me Livia." Hearing him call her 'Miss Livia' had her feeling like a school marm. Since she was not quite ready for that she hoped he would use her first name. Stepping into the elevator she moved into a front corner and held the door open so Mr. Lache could enter with her trunk. He really was a handsome man with that young and fit look.

"Are you an employee of Meridian or just a resident? If you do not mind my asking." She was swiftly becoming too tired to think of what else to say. The long night was stretching into a very very long night with the flight from a dark Edinburg to a dark Nachton. Though to be brutally honest she was also quite flustered by the handsome young man's attention as well. Thankfully she felt confident in her ability to stay awake till after she got to enjoy a bite of pasta and mug of red but her witty conversation ability was left in the lobby.
Nicholae 17 years ago
Pushing the little round number nine, Nic made sure the trunk was completely on the elevator before the doors closed.

"You're quite welcome, Livia. Tell me, were you living in Scotland, or just visiting?"

Though she looked fresh as a breath of spring, Nic got the impression from her voice that she was a bit tired. Plus she'd said her flight had been from Scotland, and draining, a good indication that she probably wasn't feeling her utmost. It didn't really matter to him though, as she looked pretty enough just the same. He wasn't that 'up' on the names of fashions or styles, but thought the 'old world' look suited her well. That, however, didn't stop Nic from wondering just how hot she'd look dressed up in something short, and clingy, and maybe strutting around in those really high heeled shoes. Of course in the long brown skirt she wore, he really couldn't do more than imagine what her legs looked like underneath, but since the rest of the package was put together so well, how could she have anything but great looking gams.

Being a modern building, the elevator was, unfortunately, very efficient, and had the doors opening on the ninth floor before he had much of a chance to find out anything. He couldn't put his hopes on her inviting him in, being that they had just met, and she was probably tired, so he had to go for broke, yet again, and lay his cards on the table up front.

"I'm a little bit of a pseudo employee...or rather I did a little work for a great guy there...Kem 'Raaisu? But it was more of a pity position he gave me when I first arrived. I've got other more substantial irons in the fire now, but won't bore you with those details...you must be a little tired from your trip? How about instead I offer you an invitation to dinner, once you get settled in? I know of a few out of the way places I think you might like, and would enjoy getting to know you better..."

Pulling the trunk up onto his back, with his arms stretched up and over his shoulders, Nic moved behind Livia, ready to follow her to her suite.

"And, just in case you're curious...I also like 'red', and tend to be a late riser, and lover of the night." It tickled him to present himself to her in that way, but his acting abilities allowed him to do it with complete seriousness, and no hint of sarcasm. And being ensconced in the haven of Liefde, Nic just couldn't imagine the need for secrecy. She would either understand, or not, but either way, he'd made his pitch and hoped she would agree to the date.
Livia 17 years ago
"I was travelling, staying in small farming towns for a few weeks each, through England, Ireland and Scotland."

The differences from her last trip were numerous and she would have expanded upon them endlessly had she known if he were clan. A ding and the elevator doors opening had them moving into hall and Nic discussing himself. The information was good and the invitation flattering. What she appreciated most was the demonstration of muscle as he hefted the heavy box easily. Slightly intrigued with what he would do next she made no move to continue to her suite. At his subtle disclosure she smiled warmly.

"An evening out sounds wonderful, I would love to get to know my clanmate better."

Her skirt swirlled out slightly as she turned and made her way down the hall to her door. Opening it with baited breath she looked in anxiously as each inch was revealed. Everything seemed in good order and even the air did not seem too stale. Walking in with a happy sigh she dropped her bag on the couch. Spotting the tree she had left just a sappling she squeeled in delight and raced over to it. The olive tree was thicker, with branches reaching outward slightly. Livia was slightly in shock to see it thriving so. Of course the room probably was open to the sun since she had not been in residence so it had grown well.

Pulling her face from the leaves she turned to Nic with a warm smile.
"Thank you so much for your assistance Nic. If you dont mind, could you be so kind as to deposit the trunk along this wall?"

She pointed to the wall near the open doors of the bedroom and sitting room. From her vantage she could see that everything looked as beautiful as it had when she left. Housekeeping really needed a big tip for their fantastic job. Perhaps she would make them a tapestry with their logo upon it. Just seeing her suite had her feeling better, more animated despite the fatigue.
Nicholae 17 years ago
He expected to be dismissed, and seeing how excited she was about being 'home' he almost didn't mind. She was indeed a vision as she moved around the room, her happiness almost palpable, and very infectuous. But he felt he should leave and let her get settled in...however it was women did that.

His mind wandered a little, seeing her move into her bedroom, and start taking off her clothes...getting comfortable...before her meal arrived. Chuckling he shook those pictures from his eyes, and put the trunk where she indicated, and moved towards the door.

"Well...it was nice meeting you Livia...and again, welcome home. If you need anything that MARI can't help you with, I'm on seven...feel free to call. And once you're ready let me know and we'll get together for that meal."

While he envied her sense of coming home, it was now something Nic thought he understood. In the short time he'd been in Nachton, and the Evenhet home, he had also grown very fond of the place, and the people he'd met. Were he to leave for any period of time, he was pretty sure he'd feel just as Livia did now, upon returning. But he'd rather not think about leaving. Thing around his new home were definitely much too interesting to give up now.
MARI 17 years ago
"Indeed"

MARI looked up peachy, deciding it was slang because Nic's colour could not accurately be described as peach. She pondered over whether or not he truly was pregnant as one of the slang meanings of peachy meant. Obviously this was incorrect but perhaps Nic was suffering from delusions. The more modern version of the term was 'great' and she chose to infer that as his meaning.

"You are welcome, Livia."

MARI noted the continued conversation but it would appear that she had been forgotten. It happened quite often with the humans and vampires of the Towers. They would call her for something and begin a conversation only to become distracted and forget they were speaking to her. She had learned over time that this generally meant that they no longer needed assistance and wished her to leave.

She would be called when she was needed again. MARI blinked off the screen.
Livia 17 years ago
Livia's smile was wide and genuine at her clanmates welcome. It felt so good to be home, like a geyser of joy bubbling out of her. The feeling started in her feet and frothed up every inch of her body until she could do no more than grin foolishly.

"Thank you very much Nic. It was my pleasure to have met you this eve. I will be in touch for that meal."

Fatigue had faded at the sight of her rooms, washed aside by the joy. Just seeing her precious loom and ancient spinning wheel inspired her to unpack her trunk.
Nicholae 17 years ago
Nothing left to do but exit gallantly, Nic did give Livia a grin and a wink first and then let himself out.

Though he hadn't spent more than thirty minutes with the woman, he felt good about those thirty minutes, mainly because he had come through them unscathed, and without leaving any havoc behind. She was a pretty lady, and seemed to have a sweet soul, and air about her. If nothing else were to manifest itself between them, besides the promise of friendship, Nic could honestly say he'd still be happy.

But that wouldn't stop him from fantasizing about other things.

Walking towards the stairs he found her excitement from being home had infected him a bit, and he now felt going to the gym for a good workout. Making his way down stairs to his own suite, Nic grabbed the necessary gear, and then went in search of 'the burn'.

(ooc - Nic out)
Livia 17 years ago
Livia blushed at Nic's wink and wished she did not look quite so frumpy. Soon though her door was shut and she was all alone in her suite. Looking around for a moment she simply basked in the warmth it gave her. Since the tiredness had faded some she made her way to the trunk and began unpacking. First the skeins of carded wool were put into the kitchen cupboards. She found only two with room so there was some quick shuffling until everything was put away. Next her small wardrobe was either put away or in the laundry hamper according to its state.

Changing out of her travel wear and into a soft knit dress she puttered around the suite as she awaited her meal. Being home was such a wonderfull feeling.

(Please lock, Livia out, thank you!)