A New Home

Looking up at the large building Aly let out a soft gasp, was this the place she was supposed to be living in with the rest of the pack.. it was huge, holding on to her bag she started to walk towards the frontdoors, she had gone through the gates earier, getting a welcome nod from the man guarding it as soon as she showed him her ID.

She wasn't sure what to do, should she let anyone know she had arrived, call out? standing in the middle of the grand lobby she looked down, the black marble floor looked like had been polished recently, walking closer to the reception desk she admired the water streaming down the wall towards a pond, nothing was in it, bending down she ran her fingers through the cool water, walking back to the center of the room she chewed on her bottom lip, call out.. softly?

"umm hello? anyone?"

Not getting any responce she walked into one of the halways, maybe someone would be there, passing a few what appeared to be former nurses offices she poked her head inside, all of them were empty apart from the chairs and tables, one even had an astray with cigarette buds standing in the centre of the table, wrinkling her nose at the disgusting smell she quickly walked out the door, next came what looked like a meeting room, maybe they held sessions there? there were many chairs around that could be used for circle talks between a group of people, she could imagen one of the doctors having a talk with ceveral patients at a time "so Jimmy what have you learned in the last week, been thinking about killing yourself again?" shivering she moved on, this place could be kind of creepy

Coming to the elevator she thought about going inside of one, but where would it take her? deciding to just stay on this level she headed back to the lobby, maybe if she waited there someone would come and find her?

Tobi Emiliano 17 years ago
Tobi was pretty sure there was a special hell for people who dodged their mother’s phone calls, but there was precious little chance of him avoiding eternal doom, if it existed, anyway, so he didn’t trouble over turning off his ringer and getting back to reading web comics.

The backup tapes had all but sorted themselves out. While he was not the most organized person in the world, he put in just enough effort to avoid having to hunt for things. Still, ‘sorting out the backup tapes’ sounded like a task that would kill a few hours and leave him free to screw around.

That is, if his phone would stop the fucking vibrating! Hmm, mom again.

Sighing, he shoved himself out of the office chair he had borrowed and trudged his way down the steps, his laptop jostling under his arm as he flopped his big feet loudly on each stair. He was about to breeze through the lobby to find his mother when he took in the sight of a blonde girl hanging around.

“Hi!” He flopped a little closer before coming to a stop and grinning down at the petite chick. “Sup, you looking for something?”
Alyshia 17 years ago
She was just about to go explore again and see if anyone was around when a red haired boy (who she thought was probably a man) walked in and almost ran past her.

"Hi, yeah.. kinda I've just arrived a little lost"

Extending her hand she smiled brightly at him.

"I'm Alyshia, Aly for short, any idea where I can put my things and umm find a place to live or anything like that whispering this place is soo big and freaky"

Blushing a little she held on tightly to the bag she was carying, she had more belonging in storage but this were her most precious belongings and her favourite clothes, she surely hoped that the red head standing before her knew his way around.
Guessing it was kind of thick of him not to realize this chick was freshly arrived without a place to crash, Tobi thought to make amends for his own oblivious behavior by offering to take Aly’s bag, though he couldn’t quite stop himself from blurting tactlessly in response to her admission that she was lost.

“You think?” Grinning, he shook the offered hand and introduced himself. “Nice to meet you Aly. I’m Tobar, Tobi for short,” he said with a trace of a wink. They didn’t get into last names right now as far as he was concerned – if he was lucky she wouldn’t realize who he was ‘til later. After all, she was currently giving him a convenient excuse to avoid his mother and it wouldn’t do to make her nervous, an effect that his name was liable to have.

Finally remembering his initial intentions, he held out his hand.

“Lemmie take that for you?,” he offered, reaching for the bag. “And yeah, follow me.”

He figured he could at least get her in the right general vicinity, and maybe they could figure out more specifically where she belonged on the way. She figured if her parents had any say in the matter she wouldn’t be here by herself, and there wasn’t any husband around…sure, she looked a little young, but it wouldn’t be that unusual for a Daughter to be married off already. It was probably a good bet that she would end up fitting in best in The Rails but he figured she could make that call for herself. Taking a step back, he turned around and headed for the lobby door, opening it and trying to look encouraging as he checked to see if Aly was following.
Alyshia 17 years ago
Giving him a grin back she shook his hand, he seemed nice enough, he looked young, not as young as her but still young, maybe he was a son like she was a daughter, that would explain his young looks.

"Nice to meet you Tobi"

Handing him her bag she followed him to the lobby door, steppign through it as he held it open for her she smiled, she had gone down this halway earlier when noone was around but he probably knew his way around much better then she did.

"Have you been here long? I haven't seen anyone else around sofar though i can pick up the smell of more of our kind being near"

Her big blue eyes looked him over questionally, she was eager to meat the rest of the pack and it's leaders, she was very curious to meet them and find her place within the pack.
Tobi led Aly through the hallway and out another door, into the open air. There was tunnel access between the office buildings and the residences but this was shorter and gave them some fresh air, which was nice.

“Uh, just long enough to settle in I guess. There's some others here but it's still a pretty small crowd. Not surprised you didn't run into anyone over here though – wrong building, see?” He pointed ahead to the larger building in front of him. “Could happen to anyone.” He grinned amiably and headed for the other building, making conversation along the way.

“My sister and I...well, mostly my sister, but I helped a little...converted one of the old wards into a dorm for the singles. You know, too old to live with moms, not quite ready to be married off or join The Legion...I don't wanna -assume- anything but if you think you'd fit in there...”

He left that last as an opening. Hell, she might jump in and explain she had a husband, or needy parents or siblings, who knew?

“That's pretty much what we've done with the place, though – just took all the wards and turned them into little homes. There's a place for families, and Nothos...er, reborn....whatever...” He pulled a face, hoping his admittedly crass language didn't offend her. Hell, she could -be- Nothos, though that seemed unlikely to him – she seemed too comfortable with her own kind.

Peering through the lobby door, he cursed under his breath and held one hand out to stop her from moving. What were the odds that his mother would be just inside? She had her back to the entrance and appeared to be heading out the back door...if she didn't turn around he would be golden.

Breathing out a sigh of relief as she and the guy she was talking to headed out into the back gardens, he opened the lobby door to let Aly in.

“Sorry about that...I'm kinda avoiding someone right now.”
Alyshia 17 years ago
She blushed at the fact that she entered the wrong building.. but the place was huge, who could blame her? following Tobi down to the building she would probably be living in she listened to him talk about his sister.

"I don't have any parents or siblings.. it's just me and yes that ward sounds good to me"

Walking right into him as he stopped all of a sudden she felt him hold her back, his bodylanguage changing alot, what was up with that? she hearred him breath out a sigh of relief as he began to walk again, avoiding someone?

"Avoiding someone? someone who lives here you don't like?"

Taking notice of the beautiful gardens she stopped to smell a beautiful pink rose that was growing along the path they walked on, catching up with him as he opened the doors to the lobby she made her way inside.
In a rare moment of discretion, Tobi let Aly’s lack of parents and sibs pass by without comment rather than belligerently insisting that she had to have come from –somewhere-. Whatever the case, she didn’t have parents now and that was what mattered. And so, with an ‘oh, cool’ to answer her interest in staying in their ward, he turned right and headed into the east wing, pointing over his shoulder as he walked.

“The other way leads to The Legion. Prolly don’t want to go that way unless you want to get recruited in with the grunts.”

He explained the deal with his mother as they made their way down the hall toward the elevators.

“Naw, honestly it’s kinda hard to get me to not like you.” He gave her a winning grin. “That was just my mom, she’s been calling and I think she wants to nag.” Pulling a face to show just how interested he was in doing something productive, he rolled his eyes in an exaggerated fashion. “She’s pretty cool actually, just can get a little overbearing sometimes.”

That was an understatement…though the truth of the matter was that most of the time, he didn’t mind. Shrugging, he stopped in front of the elevators and pressed the button, gesturing when the door opened.

“After you…”
Alyshia 17 years ago
Looking into the direction Tobi pointed at she crooked her head to the side, she had heared about the Legion (but which Vyusher hadn't) they had quite the reputation.

So he was hiding from his mother.. she must be some lady for him to do that, sometimes when someone mentioned their parents she really missed hers, she felt a nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach.. yes it was times like this she whished she still had hers, stepping into the elevator as it arrived she smiled at Tobi.

"So are they many other single young adults like me, I take it your a son, going on your young looks?"

Again she crooked her head to the side, she knew like no other what it was like to be mistaken for a teenager, not that she minded that.
Following Aly into the elevator, Tobi pressed the button to go as high as they could and stepped back to watch the doors close. Rather than stare at the lights changing color on the buttons, as he was wont to do when alone, he turned and answered his companion’s question.

“Eh, not that many yet, but there will be soon. You’re one of the first – that means you get to stake claim to whatever room you want.” Grinning, he stepped out of the elevator and immediately headed for a different lift. This one looked like a freight elevator and he turned to explain the deal to Aly. “We’re in max security – regular elevators don’t go up that high so we take these instead.” He reached up for his belt loop, attached to which was an amber plastic card on a pull out string, and slid said card through a scanner next to the elevator. “We’ll order you one of these when we get upstairs – it unlocks the front gate too.”

Stepping inside the second elevator, he hit the button and then remembered her other question. “Yeah, I’m paterna.”

The elevator made its slightly more clunky way to the final floor and he gestured for Aly to step out first before following.

“Don’t worry,” he said, pointing to what he referred to as ‘the cage’. “It’s not that creepy once you get used to it.”

/ooc Description for The Rails here - http://www.sanguineaffliction.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2467
Alyshia 17 years ago
So she was one of the first to get there? she had thought that many other pack members would have found their way here by now, well at least that ment she got to pick out a nice room for herself, watching him use the keycard and him mentioning that where they were going was high security.. well that was different, it also ment that noone who they didn't want in there would get in there.. meaning a safe place to live.

"Ok cool, sounds like a good place when you're hiding and I'm paterna too"

Stepping out of the elevator her eyes widend.. there was a freaking cage! ok... she reminded herself that this was once a high security mental institution, the cage must have been there for a very good reason, when looking at it from that direction it was a little less creepy.

"Well at least noone is getting out and in to this place without us wanting it.. cool cage"
Tobi nodded at Aly’s assessment and swiped his card through the reader. “Yeah, that was kind of the idea – give us some space from the other wards and all. ‘Sides, we don’t need any control freak older folk coming by and telling us how to set up house.”

Like, oh, say...-mom-. Smirking, he pushed open the gate and led them both inside, shutting the door behind him and leaving them both completely enclosed. “Just a sec, just a sec…” He knew it could be a little unsettling to find yourself locked in a cage and he tried to haul ass to the other door, tripping over his feet a little on the way. He did, however, manage to slide the key through the second reader and open the door into The Rails proper.

Letting Aly take in that first sight of their crazy awesome living space, he occupied himself by shouting out
“Luuuccccyyy, I’m –home-“ in a badly faked Cuban accent.
Octavia Emiliano 17 years ago
Tavi had her cart out near the television set and was stringing ribbon through a freshly made corset by the light of Ferris Bueller's Day Off when her brother came through the door. Not looking up, She answered his greeting.

"Good then you can take out the trash and wash the dishes."Â?

She doubted there was any dishes to wash. Only a few of them were in the ward as of yet and most of them subsisted on fake microwaved food. For her own preferences Tavi hunted down her own food...and well it was the kind of fare that she generally did not bring into the house.

Looking up, Tavi was about to smirk at her brother and ask what he was avoiding.

"So... Ricky..."

He brought in someone else with him. Picking up the young chicks from the looks of it. Local or family? Hard to say except that the girl was still following her brother around; that narrowed down the field somewhat.

Lifting her chin in a pointing gesture, She asked.

"Who's the stray?"Â?
Alyshia 17 years ago
Standing in the middle of the cage made Aly a little uncomfortable, luckily Tobi opened the door pretty fast, as he called out to someone she looked around curiously, walking behind him she noticed a young looking woman working on an awesome looking corset while watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Lifting her chin in a pointing gesture, She asked.

“Who's the stray?”

Gesturing at the tv she gave her a smile while putting her bag down.

"Cool movie, hi I'm Alyshia, Aly for short I just arrived today and Tobi here was nice enough to point me in the right direction, seems we will be roomies from now on, btw that's one hell of a corset you're working on"

Glancing around she noticed many cell like rooms with padding on the walls, those had to be comfy for sure.
Awesome, Tavi was here! Tobi spared a glance toward the screen when Aly mentioned liking the movie, and grinned a little. That was an okay flick even if it seemed to play on the TV constantly. He faked a snotty accent of unknown origins.

“I weep for the future.”

He would have introduced Aly but it seemed she was quite capable of introducing herself. There was a moment of worrying over how she would take his sister's blunt personality – some wouldn't be thrilled to be called a stray but that was just the way Tavi was – but his new ward mate seemed to take it in stride.

He scratched at the back of his neck and looked around the room when the subject of clothes came up. Why was it that, like, all chicks liked clothes, but when you tried to buy them something 'cute' you got smacked?

...Well, he guessed maybe chicks didn't so much dig leather thong underwear. Talk about learning the hard way. But corsets were okay? What the hell? In any event, he eventually realized he was spacing out, which was bound to annoy someone. Thinking of annoyances, he hoped Tavi wasn't irked that he hadn't talked to her before bringing a new resident up. That would suck.

Deciding they could at least make it fully into the common area, he picked up Aly's bag and led the way toward the couches, stepping over the train tracks as he went.

“Careful, there's a real train running on those. It's cool! Oh, and feel free to pick out a room too, should be pretty obvious which ones are open.”
Smiling up at the girl, She waved a hand.

"Octavia Emiliano...Tavi if you'd like a better response."Â?

She looked back at the movie and unknowingly echoed her brother's thoughts.

"Yeah, its always on... but right now it was the only decent thing to watch."Â?

Hearing the compliment to her handy work, Tavi held up the black leather corset for better inspection. She was almost done threading through the blood red ribbons that laced up both sides and up the center. The top was square cut more like an Elizabethan corset that flattened and pushed up rather than squeezing things together and up. She had little in the way of cleavage on a good day and it was better to have a nice slim line than try to fake assets that other people had in spades.

"I figure since we're city folk now I should take steps to look the part."Â?

Not that she didn't wear urban fashion anyway; she did. It annoyed the more traditional of her kind. The Sarkis and Savia's own daughter looking like a gaje. Unthinkable! Shocking! Very amusing if you asked her. They'd get used to it.

Waving towards the rooms, Tavi agreed with her brother.

"Yep, pick what you like. Larger ones are closer to the front."Â?
Alyshia 17 years ago
Aly smiled warmly at the other woman, it was nice to know there would be female companion around the place, not that she minded being around men, but somethings just weren't discussed with men.

"Nice to meet you Tavi"

Walking closer to where she was holding up the corset she examined it up close, it looked really good"

"I work at a clothing store, high style fashion, something like this won't be out of place in a store like that"

When both Tobi and Tavi mentioned picking out a room she looked around the ward, it was big enough to host a large group of people, so she was one of the first that ment free pick.

"I think i will go have a look around, it's nice to meet you both, give me a holler if you wanna chat some more"

Walking off she let her bag stand where it was, she felt it was ok to leave it with the both of them, she had her mobile in her pocket, she would never EVER leave that unatended, walking along the rooms she tried the doors, most were open and different in size and interior, opening another door she found one that like the twins had padding on all the walls as well as the floor and ceiling, walking into it her heels sunk away in the thick padded fabric, there was nothing in this room but a foam covered bunkbed it was big, big enough to harbor all of her stuff and soft and comfy, yes this one would be it, it needed color but she could take care of that, nodding in approval she walked back along the other rooms, she noticed that both Tavi and Tobi had picked a room like hers, grinning at this she looked into a few more rooms, there were office like rooms that must have been used by the staff as well as some small holding cells.

Walking back to were the twins were staying she plopped down on the floor, crossing her legs so she was sitting in a lotus like position she rested her chin on her hands.

"So what do you guys do for fun around here?"
Tobi flopped down on the nearest couch, letting his long legs stick out every which way, and tilted his head to rest on the top of the cushion. Staring up at the ceiling, he directed a question toward Tavi.

“City folk wear corsets? Huh.”

Tavi was bound to get looks for her choice of clothing anywhere she went and in his opinion it was funnier when they were of the disapproving variety, but if she said she wanted to blend in he wasn’t going to put up too much argument.

Just enough argument to hold the title of most obnoxious brother in the world.

“Nice to meet you!” He said to Aly, overly loud because his voice was pointed at the ceiling.

Hearing Aly walk away, he turned his attention back to Tavi.

“You know what Mom wants? She was calling earlier, did she call you too?”

Maybe not the best question to ask – Tavi didn’t make the greatest conduit between him and mom – but maybe it was something small and harmless, like an invite to dinner or something.

Aly returned after a bit and Tobi managed to lift his head in greeting before flopping back again. Half in response to her question, he muttered ‘onanism’ under his breath before looking up once more.

“Uh…you mean, like, going out and stuff? Or, like, -here- here?”

/ooc sorry I was slow, spaced on the order of things :X. Also, I apologize for the onanism remark in mixed company even if Tobi is not sorry in the least. *blushes*
Tavi looked at her brother and gave a 'didn't I just say that?' look but responded with.

"The interesting ones do."Â?

There were certain social circles that were more the norm for her own personality and others that were a bit more of a stretch for her to fit in with. She had done various parts in the past and some left her wanting nothing more than to come home and play some good music in order to unwind.

"It was good meeting you too. I'm sure we'll see each other around."Â?

She finished up the laces while Alyshia did her walking about the place. Setting the garment aside, Tavi focused on her lounging brother.

"No, she hasn't said anything to me today. Gestena to whatever Leshya'e was responsible for that!"Â?

Giving him a pensive look, she said.

"You know I could make you a corset...fix you up with some eyeliner and maybe some purple streaks for the hair. You could be hot in the goth scene."Â?

Tavi tried her best to hide the smile that was tugging at the corner of her mouth over several things: one was imagining her brother in a corset and leather with eyeliner and purple streaks and the other was the response he was likely to give her for even suggesting such a thing.

When Alyshia came back into the room, she shrugged as an answer. Tobi asked for clarification but she added her own comment.

"We're pretty new here ourselves so what the locals do for fun is anyone's guess."Â?

(OOC: Sorry, I've had family here for days now O_O ))
Alyshia 17 years ago
Looking from twin to twin Aly smiled, they both seemed around her age, it would be good to hang out with people like herself, she had been around older people most of her life, there were some young kids amongst the group she had traveled with but that was it, it would be good to socialize again.

Laughing softly at Tavi's comment towards Tobi about making him a corset she smirked.

"With those legs and a little skirt you'll be the hit for sure"

So they were pretty new to the place as well, maybe they could go explore together, sofar she had only seen parts of town, working on the strip had it's advantages, she had gotten to know many locals as they came and shopped at her store, watching and observing the people as they looked for something new to wear.

"Well.. I've heared their a few clubs around, I've seen some pubs on the strip so it seems this place has enough action, maybe we can go explore sometime"

Placing her hands flat on the floor behind her she leaned back while her legs stretched out in front of her, sure she was petite but she was also someone who got noticed, first of all from her looks but secondly from her composure and the way she carried herself.

(( ooc. perfectly ok, I've been running around like a headless chicken myself ))
Tobi pretended to think over the idea of running around in a corset and dyed hair, then raised his eyebrows and spoke with an airy tone.

“Ah…hell no.”

Did purple and orangey-red even match? Tobi was pretty sure they didn’t but his sister knew more about that crap than he did. In any case ‘you could be hot’ was pretty much always the prelude to some sick joke when it came to him – the only thing ‘hot’ about Tobi was his leet micros.

Meanwhile there was moms to consider. Now that Tavi made it perfectly clear (not that it wasn’t anyway) that she was quite happy to –not- get calls from mom at all, he was starting to feel a little guilty. Not very…just a little. Maybe they should invite mom and the big V over for dinner…

…okay that probably wouldn’t fly.

He grunted a little at Aly’s mention of clubs, mildly interested.
“Huh, sounds like you’ve seen more action than we have.”

Er…that didn’t come out right.

Well, actually it was probably still true, but he thought he’d better amend before Tavi smacked him.
“I mean, more…uh…stuff to do. And yeah, would be cool to see what there is to see.”