M&M's

My pumpkin M&M's don't have the cute little pumpkin faces on them that they show on the package. I'm very disappointed. I thought everyone should know.

Alexandra 17 years ago
Me want halloween M&M's we don't get those here
Alfarinn 17 years ago
*hands over a handful of M&M's* Be careful and don't let Ellis see these...
Fiona 17 years ago
well that bites.

what i want to know is why halloween stuff is coming out in august.... is it just me or does this seem to happen earlier and earlier every year?
Rachyl 17 years ago
Christmas decorations are out in Hallmarks; have been for ~2 weeks.
Fiona 17 years ago
now that is REALLY not right.
Aishe 17 years ago
I saw xmas decorations in our Hallmark about a month ago. I wanted to attack them with a baseball bat.
Fallon 17 years ago
Hallmark ornaments have come out around Father's day for years, and years.

As for other holidays, and stores, I worked in a craft store one summer, and used to ask the same thing...why did we start getting holiday stock in months before the holiday? Of course in a craft store it made a little more sense, since people would need a little leaway to actually create whatever it was they wanted before the holiday arrived.

What I have a difficult time dealing with though, is hearing Xmas music in the stores in November. :P
Rachyl 17 years ago
Fallon;30646
What I have a difficult time dealing with though, is hearing Xmas music in the stores in November. :P

Last year, in the middle of October, two of the stations in my area started playing roughly one Christmas song an hour.

One of those two stations went to ALL Christmas music the first of November.
Ginnie 17 years ago
I love those little pumpkin m&m's!

The HEB's down here don't start to play Christmas music until after thanksgiving. They are the only place I know of that does that.
Ellis Duban 17 years ago
Alfarinn;30636
*hands over a handful of M&M's* Be careful and don't let Ellis see these...

/pounces from above!!!!!!!!
Aishe 17 years ago
I found Easter M&Ms yesterday!

I haven't bought Easter M&M's in about 6 years.

That said, they were yummy.
Shay 17 years ago
It's that candy coating on the outside...there are reasons they don't melt in your hand
Alfarinn 17 years ago
Turns out they do have the little faces on them...just not many of them.

I worked at a craft store and we began some Christmas things in July. Cross stitch, quilting, sewing and the like are the first items in and then other things. For exactly the reason Shay mentioned. It takes time to make them.

...not that I ever cross stiched. The one craft in the store I didn't know much about was the sewing type stuff. Though, I can silk ribbon embroidery. As class coordinator we had to have a class on it. No one stepped up to teach it so I had to learn it and do it myself.
Ellis Duban 17 years ago
Working at Gottschalks in the mall, we put up our naked xmas trees in september. Got the ornaments like the end of the month and decorated by october. I love xmas time in the mall - only if i'm not working there.
Rachyl 17 years ago
Aishe;30656
I found Easter M&Ms yesterday!

I haven't bought Easter M&M's in about 6 years.

That said, they were yummy.

Is it a bad thing that I instantly assumed the Easter M&Ms you found -were- the ones you bought 6 years ago?
Fallon 17 years ago
Lol - I never taught classes, or even had time to take them while I worked there.
I was department head for the paints/woodworking/ceramics, cake decorating, and kids crafts...which meant I was in charge of ordering stocks, keeping the departments organized, and clean, and creating as well as putting up displays for new products that came in. I loved the latter though, because I always got to play with new kits and things before we started selling them. I also got to use what little creativity I had in designing the displays.
I worked for a large chain of craft stores in CA - Beverly's - and aside from working the register as relief, which I hated lol, it was the most fun job I think I ever had. Unfortunately, it just didn't pay well enough to survive on, even as an asst. mgr. So, after my summer fling, I had to get back into the real workforce :S
Aishe 17 years ago
No no Rachyl... you assumed correctly. I found them, and haven't bought them in 6 years... ergo, the ones I found were the ones I bought 6 years ago. I will do almost anything for chocolate. I'm such a cocoa-whore.