Watching you watching me (( Atn. Taiji ))

Like a cat walking in the night she made her way down the sewers to the HOP, not a sound could be heard as she appeared in front of the bouncer, leaning into him she whispered something in his ear making the large man grin and open the door for her, giving him a wink she made her way inside.

She had gone home after the assasination, changed into a cute little outfit, matching knee high boots completed her look making people stare at her as she walked into the club.

Who would think that this woman was a cold blooded killer, a hired hand who just killed one of the towns most important runners.. walking straight for the bar she oreded herself her signature drink, chilled white wine.

Taking a seat she took a sip of the drink, licking her lips she just sat there and watched the people around her talk and dance, she had eaten before she arrived at the club so feeding wasn't on her list of things to do tonight, no right now she was there to kick back and relax and maybe dance with someone interesting.

Ichiro Taiji 17 years ago
Tai hated the House of Pain. What pretentious name. And what an obnoxious place. If he'd thought the human vermin in the back alleys were bad, the ones who frequented this club were only a step above that.

He'd followed this woman through the dark, from point A to point B with several stops in between, and had seen more than enough to know she was the sort he... or rather, Ellis, was looking for. She'd sat by herself and was watching the crowd of mingling flesh with a catlike expression.

He slid into the seat across from her, and without preamble, said, "Your technique was good. But your style somewhat lacking."

Without waiting for a reaction or response he continued. "You have an excellent eye. I have a friend who could use someone with your skills. It might be worth it, just to meet them."

He held her with his eyes and let his lips curve up in a slight smile. Naturally, he meant himself, and depending on how familiar she was with the lingo, she'd understand that. He certainly wasn't going to say so here, however. Let her figure it out.
Alexandra 17 years ago
She had felt the man before he spoke to her, raising a single brow at his words she took another sip of her wine, placing the glass down she eyed him up and down.

"That has to be the worst pick up line ever"

Letting the tip of her tongue dart out she licked her lips never breaking eyecontact with the man in front of her, he was Japanese she could tell from the way he moved and spoke, muscled and lean almost like a cat.

"And why would i want to meet someone who likes my sharp eyes.. tell me do you just want to fuck me or are you trying to hire me?"

Picking her glass back up she took another sip, letting the wine move trough her mouth before swallowing it, she had to confess his words intrigued her.. it sounded like he had watched her do her job.. and he thought she lacked skills?

Watching him over the rim of her glass she smirked, if this guy was serious about wanting to hire her or his so called friend he would have to show her something else other then this load of crap.
Tai raised his eyebrows slightly, smile tightening a bit but remaining frozen in place.

"Believe me, fucking you is the farthest thing from my mind. Therefore, you might want to try Door Number 2."

Arrogant little bitch, wasn't she? Obviously subtlety was lost on her.

"Yes, I'm offering you work. One time; I don't play chase. You may take it or leave it. Take it, and it'll be worth the effort. Leave it, and you won't see me again."

There were rules to be followed regarding such work, in Japan, and, he'd assumed, anywhere this sort of thing was discussed. Perhaps the way it worked was different in the US, or in Nachton, but he wasn't going to stray from what he knew.

In the circles Tai moved in, knowing too many details and then turning a job down would get you killed quickly. Accepting the job meant accepting the nature of the work as well. He was here to make a proposal, not give details. If she wanted those, she could accept the job and come get the target from him. If she turned him down, she could do so without fear of retaliation. That was how it worked with Tai.

"It's up to you."
Alexandra 17 years ago
Laughing at his reply she once again put her glass down, moving a lock of hair out of her face a grin formed on her lips, so he was serious.

"What's the matter pussycat, don't like to play cat and mouse?"

Giving him a full teethed grin she got up from her stool, turning around she tipped the bartender for his service, exchanging some words with him she turned back to mister Japan.

"Lead the way pretty boy, lets go meet this friend of yours"

Placing a hand on her hip she waited for him to get up and take her where ever his friend was, this could become interesting, either way she could handle herself, lifting the hem of her skirt she adjusted her garter giving him a view of her smooth inner tigh and the small dagger strapped to it, looking back up she met his eyes, she knew he probably thought of her as cheap maybe arrogant, she didn't give a damn.
Once again Tai regarded her with something akin to distaste.

"Playing cat and mouse is fine, but I don't see any suitable mice here."

He pointed looked at her, including her in that blanket statement, and stared at her with an unwavering gaze while she fidgeted with her clothing. Again, lacking subtlety. He put his hand in his pocket, the movement bringing him into contact with the gun at the small of his back, and withdrew it with a small index card in his hand. As he did so, his arm brushed against the sheathed knife by his side.

He didn't expect he would need either weapon at any point tonight. "'Let's' nothing," he said without humor.

He showed her the card. "Memorize this address." Giving her thirty seconds, he deftly flipped the card out of sight, a sleight of hand he'd used long ago as a child.

"Be there at 9pm tomorrow night."

Tai turned and made his way out of the club, doing his best not to have to brush against or make contact with any of the other partygoers.

((ooc: Tai out))
Alexandra 17 years ago
Even if it seemed Alex wasn't paying attention she saw every little movement Taiji made, the card in his hand seemed to flash by, quickly glancing at the it she memorized what was written on it, straightening her back she nodded.

"I'll be there, nice to meet you too"

Smirking she watched him turn his back to her and make his way towards the exit, shrugging she decided there was no need to stay here, glancing around one more time she headed towards the exit herself.

(( ooc. Alex out please lock thread ))