Headache

'OUCH!'

Carol sat in her hospital bed wearing a rather unflattering gown.

'YOU PUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL?'

Simon stood in front of her with a sheepish look on his face. He opened his mouth.

'SHOOSH!'

He closed it again.

Pulling the covers back, Carol squinted as she took a delicate step onto the ground. Her head began to spin and she shut both eyes.

'Feel like explaining?' She asked peering up at him once the spinning stopped. Again with the sheepish look. Carol reached out and hit him on the arm. 'What's with the gun and the shoving?? What the hell is going on lately with you?'

There, she said it. It had been on her mind since the Mayor's ball - Simon had been acting weird. Staring off into space, walking up on him and seeing him with an odd...almost scared look on his face. It was time to get down to it.

'What is wrong?'

Simon Huntington 17 years ago
Simon crossed his arms and watched her angrily try to get out of bed. Embarassment colored his face as she demaned to know what was bothering him. It was probably something he should've mentioned to Carol months ago - but how do you tell the woman you love that their ex was talking in his head? He thought about that a minute - Ellis was technically Carol's ex lover. It occured to him that Carol was probably bisexual. Hmm, he'd have to discuss that with her sometime...

'What is wrong?'

He snapped his eyes back down to her's and nodded slowly.

'I hear voices.'

Well, technically...that was about it. Oh...

'I hear...Ellis', specifically.'
Carol 17 years ago
'Oh.'

Carol blinked.

'Gosh, is that all?'

Rolling her eyes, she walked over to the solitary couch in the room and picked her dress off of it. Slipping it on, she considered what he had just told her. Hearing voices. It's a vampire flaw - figures Simon would have it. It only drips of guilt.

'I'm guessing since the raid?'

Simon nodded.

'Simon that was 6 months ago. You're just now telling me.'

Again with the sheepish look.

'What did you...feel?' Something moved by them, something big enough for Simon's perception to pick up on it. Something that made him completely forget where he was and forced him to react. Something. 'Was it another vampire?'
With a slight shrug, Simon shook his head. 'Just...someone very angry. It was sudden and intense. It moved past us when I pulled my gun out, so I'm sure it was a vampire. I just couldn't tell who. Maybe the challenges are beginning. You've seen the reports of new vampires coming into town, but whoever this was - I'd wager they were old, at least my age.' He shook his head. 'I don't know, but I'm sorry.'

Simon walked over to her and helped straighten the links in her steel dress. 'They said it was just a bump, no concussion really but you might be dizzy for a day or two.' He gently touched the back of her hair.

Carol glared at him.

He let go of her hair and reached up to touch his mouth, rubbing his chin and lips thoughtfully.
'She doesn't really say anything...important, Carol. Just...taunts mostly. But last night,' Carol's eyebrows went up, 'I saw her last night.'
Carol 17 years ago
'She's dead.'

Unease settled into her stomach and took up residence. Hearing voices is one thing - but seeing her.
'Hallucinations aren't part of hearing voices, Simon. You couldn't have seen her.' Again she reiterated her previous statement.

'She's dead.' Carol paused. 'Right?'
'Of course she's dead. I saw her fall into the inferno, there's no coming back from that.'

It was impossible. Of course it was impossible. He let her go, she fell into the fire, there was no living that kind of fire or the explosion. But she was right there, she looked real. She smelled real. He hadn't touched her though - probably because he knew he'd go insane if he had.

'She's dead,' he repeated. 'Yes she is dead.' As if by repeating it made it even more true.

((OOC simon and carol out))