Vaughn Emiliano - Vyusher R'asa Alpha

Basic Information

Birth Name (Name Guidelines):Vaughn Emiliano
Aliases: VE or V (both pronounced like the letter)
Place of Birth:Llanberis, Wales
Agereal and apparent) (see the age breakdown for vampires here, see the real/apparent age calculator for werewolves here)58, 32.5
Male/Female:male
Current Occupation:Sarkis, Mayor of Nachton
Past Occupation: (If different from above) Jiro, Bounty Hunter

Appearance

Hair Color: Dark Brown
Length and Style: While Vaughn used to wear his hair longer, before taking on his current occupation he felt the need to cut it. It is well styled and trimmed off the collar but tends to left more natural and wild when he is amongst his pack.
Eye Color: Light Blue
Skin Color: Tan
Height:6'2”
Weight:145
Nationality: Romani
Race: (I.E. Vampire, Werewolf, human etc.) werewolf
Body Type:slender
Wolf Form (Werewolf – please read first): Vaughn is a black wolf with grey points and piercing light blue eyes. Tall and lean for his pack, he has an easy ground swallowing gait.

Description (if an NPC) or name of your creator(if a PC) ( Please be as specific as possible, who your creator/gifter was, why he chose to change you, where is he/she now?): Vaughn should have been gifted by his father. That was how the tradition was supposed to work....but he wasn't. His father was killed before he could gift his son with his memories. He does not know who killed Domani Emiliano but he knows how it changed his life. Vaughn was gifted by his mother, Rasine Vadim Emiliano. She gifted her son because her husband was not able to do so and so that he would remember.

Personal Questions

1. Describe your character's personalityFew people seem to really see Vaughn. In the guise of the Mayor he is personable, intelligent and charismatic. Among his pack, he tends to be quiet and observant allowing his more passionate wife to take the lion's share of the spotlight. He is a listener and a watcher who now finds himself a leader.
2. Describe how your character would appear to a stranger (I.E. typical dress, way they carry themselves etc.) As the mayor, Vaughn dresses like most politicians and can be seen in the high end corporate uniform of suit and tie. On his previous job, he wore whatever was required in order to fit in or get the job done. At home with the pack, Vaughn prefers simple tee shirts and jeans.
3.What does your character like? Natural foods, live music,especially acoustic guitar and the violin, walking in the woods,whittling by the campfire
4. Dislike? Peanuts (he's highly allergic to them) Loud grating noises,selfish people, senseless talking
5. (For humans) Describe what abilities you see your character having if they were turned.
6. What are your fears? (please choose and explain 3 minimum) Non moving water, His failure to his pack, Dieing without avenging his father and friend (a failure to him of a different kind)
7. What is your character's strengths and weaknesses? (please pick 3 minimum of each and explain in detail how and why this affects your character) Observant, intelligent and dedicated. He's also overly private, can be cold,cruel and non involved

Vampire -

Abilities (Listed here)

Flaws (Listed here)

Werewolf -

Abilities – Listed here (Include Tier Points) -
Abilities (Include Tier Points) -
Cult Following +10
Forest Strider +5
Jungle Sense +2
Observant +5
Lunar Apprentice +2

1 left over

Flaws – Listed here(Include Tier Points) -
Closed Off -5
Haunted -5
Fear of peanuts (severe allergy) -5
Hydrophobic -10 (He is afraid of still water, baths,lakes etc. Running water is alright. See History)

Hobbies & Skills (for more information, read here)Investigation, Disguise, Acting, Demolitions,karate with and without weapons (Sai and Escrima sticks), Languages, Welsh,German,Italian,Spanish,French and Romani, politics, woodworking and carving

Cosmetic Traits(Distinct, character defining physical attributes. These should be minor and offer no real power other than to make your character appear more interesting.) In his public guise as the mayor, Vaughn wears glasses of 0 power in order to look older and more scholarly. He does not wear them at home unless he has forgotten and left them on.

Quirks and Habits worthy of mention - has a habit of taking off his glasses and leaving them lieing around

Personal History 3rd person (1st is acceptable) but please be as detailed as possible, this can/will affect your rp with other players.

There is such a thing as necessary evil.

I was born to the proud parents of Domani and Rasine Emiliano. I was a perfect little plentyn,the latest descendant of a long line on my father's side. My mother was a Nothos, a werewolf who grew up human, but she was so lovely that no one really seemed to notice. My father adored her. He said she was beautiful and brave and then he would tell me how she came to the Vyusher R'asa.

Rasine was a dancer. It was her passion and if there were new steps to be learned then she would find a way to learn them. The Romani are famous for their dancers and so when the Vyusher R'asa came through the town, Rasine came straight out to welcome them. People don't welcome the Romani, even less welcome the Vyusher but there she was, bright, young and earnest. It was such a novel experience that the pack allowed it. With not a few giggles from the young women and jests and leers from the men, Rasine was taught to dance. From the first time my father saw her whirling around the campfire he knew he was in love.

Far from selfish, Rasine taught some of the dances she knew in payment and somehow in the process she became friends with several of the women, including my aunt. One thing led to another and when they left town...well, they had a new werewolf along with them. A rose among daises, according to my father. He said that it was my mother's choice but sometimes she seemed so sad. She rarely showed it to anyone, lest of all my father, but I knew.

When he was murdered I thought it would be the end of her, the end of us both. My father was the rock to which the family clung. He was my protection, my mentor and the stability in my ever changing world and I knew, even then, that he was something very similar for my mother. He was found in one the Vyusher safe houses, naked, scalded horrifically and blue. I didn't understand at the time. How could water kill?

It wasn't the water. It wasn't the water at all. It was the silver nitrate that had been spread on top of it.

My mother and I did manage to go on; though,to my knowledge, she never danced again. She was there to gift me at the age of seven instead of my father. She was hesitant. I think that somewhere in the back of her mind there was the thought that we could run away and live something of a normal life... or at the very least I could.

But she made the choice to make me one of my father's people.

And I've never looked back.

I grew up in the peripheral of the Kumpania, always watchful and quiet. Somehow though I drew the attention of the Sarkis' nephew, Durriken Dragos.

My very adult goal in my young life was to find who ever killed my father and make them pay. Durriken's ambition was far more grand.

It started out quietly enough. At first I was willing to listen to Durriken's odd feelings and wild guesses because he was my one true friend but after a while he started making sense. Rik began corresponding with someone in Rome, a girl our own age, named Isobel. In the beginning he would show me the letters and then wave them around excited as he spoke of hidden truths. He was strong even then and he only had the four of us believing in him. The fourth? Loretta Kalderas . It did not take me long to see what she wanted from Rik and what he saw in her. Etta was strong, willful,beautiful and demanding. My friend had yet to notice that she was also selfish and immature. Perhaps it didn't matter and in the long run the all consuming passion they had for each other would settle down into something weathered and wonderful. I just couldn't imagine anything with Loretta being calm and normal. She consumed everything she was a part of; at the campfire she was the brightest shining star and on a run she was the sleekest of wolves, the prize of the pack. He was bound to love her along with most of the men in the Kumpania, both young and old...or at least love looking at her. She was, in my eyes, the one thing that could pull him away from his dreams. I had seen crushed dreams; my mother died with them. Some people threw flowers and coins into her grave; me, I threw in all the old photographs and magazine clippings of the dancers that she had kept locked away in a trunk. Perhaps on the next journey she could find her dream.

Durriken was announced the successor to the current Sarkis, after his cousin took the Kal. Rik was poised for greatness, was on its very verge. So would Etta kill Rik's dream and mine with it? I don't think she would ever intend to. She wanted to be Savia to a great man but she wasn't the kind of woman who could play second to a dream.

My friend would be much better off with Isabel. She had grown to love him. I spoke with her late nights after Rik began seeing Etta instead of phoning Isabel and sharing their latest findings. The way she spoke of him was hard to misinterpret. I asked and she confessed after swearing me to silence.

So what would become of our foursome bent on changing the world when another girl,safely distant, walked up and became a part of Durriken's world? Could Etta handle the competition? Would she demand that Rik not spend time with Isabel? Would Isabel see their passion for each other and decide to leave? There were so many possibilities for failure. And before you think me too cruel for what I am about to explain, let me say that I did love someone as well. She was graceful in her personality, intelligent, and interesting in her hidden depths...and she loved Durriken. Why wouldn't she? I loved him, Loretta loved him and his pack loved him so Isabel was bound to love him.

When Durriken started talking about Etta as his future mate I knew I had to do something to change this course of events that I saw leading towards failure; so on the day of the full moon, I took Durriken fishing for clues in the library of the nearest city. The building was well away from where the pack would run that night. It was easy enough to keep Rik occupied far into late afternoon looking at newspaper articles and birth records for some small hint of vampire existence. It was time; I finally brought out a book that held some strange local accounts that held potential. I had actually found it several days earlier when this plan began to form in my head. Rik was truly excited, as I knew he would be; I excused myself and headed back to the camp. Durriken waved me on and said he would follow shortly.

All the way back to the camp I whispered my goal to myself while eying the setting sun to the west. The Kumpania would be nearly completely gathered by the time I got there. It was certain that Durriken would be late.

I must follow Loretta. I must follow Loretta. I must protect Durriken. I must follow Loretta.

It is very hard to remember things when the moon is full and your blood burns like a fire in your veins. This,however, was a simple task and she was closer to me than most; so as I hoped, I kept Etta always within my sights. Predictably, she ran fast and wild; Loretta was one of those werewolves that was little different in wolf form than she was as a human.

When she grew tired. I was there. Nature, our nature, could be trusted to take its course.

I didn't love her. Not then and not now. I did not even want her but I would do what it took to save Rik from falling into her clutches. His parents, and especially his aunt, did their part just as I had hoped. The Savia was reasonably vocal in her dislike of Loretta.

My earlier set up with the Savia was tricky. I had to make her come to me; she would only accept the plan if it was her idea. I stole a couple of letters between Durriken and Isabel and left them almost hidden from sight. A better bait for a noisy werewolf had never been found. I came to collect some things while Rik was walking with Etta. I 'saw' the letters and carefully collected those as well, trying to appear stealthy while at the same time making sure I was being watched. The Savia quizzed me then, certain I knew of this mysterious Isabel. Sounding as casual as possible, I explained that she was a Paterna who was currently in Rome on a long journey that had lasted three years and spanned the continent. Adding in a few choice adjectives such as quiet, a bit studious, and friendly but shy was the coup de grace necessary to motivate Rik's mother in the correct fashion.

The Vyusher believe that what is done in wolf form is done for a reason; It is almost sacred. I held quiet as my plot unfolded its final pieces around me. Etta's parents encouraged her to consider me as a mate after our very public display on the full moon and Rik's mother pushed forth the idea of this lovely girl whom she had heard was coming to join their camp as part of her journey.

I will admit I was surprised when Etta announced our engagement but I suppose that was my naivete of youth. She is selfish, my wife, and at the time,she did not want to lose face in front of the new happy couple. I agreed to the arrangement because it kept her a part of the four and the one that I loved was not with me either. We could keep each other company, in the shadows of Durriken and Isabel.

Was I successful? In part, Isabel became the Savia instead and together with Durriken they began to convince more and more of the pack that there was a war to wage and rights to reclaim. I do not believe Rik would have gotten so far with Etta. She would have killed his dream. The other part of the equation would be their deaths. Would Durriken have lived longer with Loretta by his side? I believe that he would.

Now it falls to me to carry on the ambitious dream that my friend and leader began. I never wanted to lead but I will because someone must. I will enter the very mouth of hell that is called Nachton.

Because there is such a thing as necessary evil.

((OOC: Note to those reading. Vaughn considers Nachton a hell because it is a large city and the one where he will eventually need to confront powerful vampires.))

OOC Checklist

Player name (online is fine) - Mai
Other Characters you play – Mai, Alfarinn, Sorin, Jan, Christian, etc...
How you came to SA (Other board, friend, etc) - TAC
Have you read all the Rules? Yes
Do you understand that this is an adult board with adult content (sometimes graphic and violent in nature)?Yes
This board is adult only. Are you over the age of 18? Yes