Discussion - Why Vampires?

So, in addition to 'why do you write', why vampires? What is it about this genre that appeals to you? Is it the erotica, vampire sexuality, or just biting shit? =D

Discuss!

Temprah 18 years ago
Immortality. The idea of living for hundreds of years to learn, grow and see the rise and fall of man as it evolves. To be free of the concept of death.. death scares me, be it real or imagined. I don't deal with it well when I have to.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
If faced with my own death, I'm not sure how i'd react, but right now it doesn't bother me. My own mortality, I mean. Its the death of those close to me that tears me up more. Immortality is a definite plus to this universe, but I think its the near invulnerability. I envy the power and physical strength they have. Well at least what they show on films and read in books. So, the physical aspect of being a vampire and embracing the night. Which is ironic because I'm not a night person =D
Meegan 18 years ago
I am not a vampire yet, but I think their immortality and bloodlust are what draw me the most. I think it will be interesting to get inside and explore that.
Xandare 18 years ago
I blame Anne Rice, it's all her Fault.. I stumbled (literly) accross a copy of Queen in my Dad's garage long ago and figured what the heck.. and read it..
since then it's been a re-occuring theme in my gaming, I think the prospect of eternal life and power was always what interested me, someone without any restraints..
Chryseis Angelique 18 years ago
they just seem so elegant and regal in my eyes. sort of royal even.

like how one percieves a unicorn. almost untouchable