Tax Day

It's coming up.

Did y'all do your taxes?

Everyone looking forward to not having to worry about them (too much) for a year?

Did you get your returns yet? (I did. End of Feb )

It also happens to be my brother's birthday. (No, don't say "happy birthday Rachyl's brother" because well it likely won't be and I'm just saying it because) I think it's an awfully sucky way to be reminded of one's birthday

Anyway, forgive my ramblingness, I've got a migraine and it struck me as funny that it's only a week away.

Shay 18 years ago
lol Return from feds received and spent (my trip to Calgary in July)...gotta pay the freaking state of California $3 lol

Sorry bout the headache hon.
Cyrus 18 years ago
I have a nephew who was born April 15th. Thankfully taxes are done and large returns are headed this way.

Feel better! Curls up on Rachyl's lap and dozes in the sunshine.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
My birthday is the 24th and my father told me once. "I always remember when your birthday is. Its around tax time."

Yep, though I always felt for my uncle who's birthday was Dec 26th.
Aishe 18 years ago
I have $11 in my bank account.

I owe $58.

It has not been a good week.
Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
I broke almost exactly even, heh.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
We haven't even done ours yet =(
Alexandra 18 years ago
Good luck all you US tax doing people

To be honest, we're doing taxes now as well, or my accountant is (yes I know shit about taxes I let someone else do it for me, what? that a crime? )
Fallon 18 years ago
lol - no, not a crime, I just think its awful to pay someone to tell you how much more you need to pay someone else...or...to pay someone to tell you how much of your own money you'll be getting back.
Pakpao 18 years ago
lar! Turbo Tax and I have a date this weekend... I took accounting classes in college, got As in them. Except for the tax unit, got a D, haven't wanted to do my own return since then.
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
heh taxes are done and money's long been spent.. the first day you could e-file mine were sent in. They'd been done since late January (my company is so good about getting our W2s out fast )
Alexandra 18 years ago
Well Dutch tax is so complex I don't get it, I know people who do it themself and they go crazy rofl, but serious, I pay a little money to have it done and get much back, so to me it's worth it
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Are you a US citizen out there, Alex? Military?

We did our taxes yesterday and OMFG I AM SO HAPPY! =D
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
I was quite satisfied with my results in spite of the fact that my charities and volunteering didn't work out as well taxwise as I'd hoped...but still enough for the two vacations instead of just one.