The Invisible Hangover

Tai opened his eyes slowly. By now, the ceiling of his room at the Piazza was a familiar sight, but for all he was worth he couldn't recall having done anything to get this hangover. Had he been chewing on cotton balls too?

Oh.

The events of the last 24 hours came rushing back. He was sore because that woman... vampire... had kicked his ass. He was feeling loopy because he was short a few pints of blood. And the rest...

Ellis.

(entrancing, appealing, beautiful)

His tawny eyes scanned the room for her as he sat up, the sheet falling away from his bare chest. He smelled... steak? And shortly after that registered and his eyes adjusted to the dim light, he saw her sitting at the table across the room, patiently and almost delicately eating a steak which was part of a fairly impressive spread.

Tai's stomach moaned at the sight; if there was anything he desired at that moment, it was something substantial to eat. Significantly lower than his stomach, other body parts remembered what had happened before as well. But food was the predominating motivator for him at that moment. The fact that the food happened to be in the same direction as Ellis (fascinating, desirable, intriguing, amazing) was a bonus. Tai sat still for a few seconds before deciding whether or not his legs would get him steadily to the table.

Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis slowly chewed her meal, savoring the juices. Prime rib, rare. She swirled her meat laden fork around the plate, gathering up all the juices before happily putting the speared me into her mouth. She had missed food, almost as much as she missed killing and sex. Damn close, at least.

Tai sat up in bed looking dazed but his healthy glow had returned. Excellent, he was prime and she was about due for another nibble. She'd need to get some food into him and as her eyes lowered, noticed she'd all of him was awake.

'Stop staring and come here.' Ellis purred and pointed towards his plate. 'We have a little bit of everything. Prime Rib, porterhouse steak, king salmon...you can have that, I'm not much of a fish person. Steamed veggies...you need your vitamins...um, there's fried rice, teriyaki steak and some shrim tempura sushi, but that's mine.' She held her fork up like a weapon but gave him a rather brilliant smile.

'Eat up darling, we have a fun filled evening ahead of us.'
Ichiro Taiji 18 years ago
Ellis' words were as good as a command, and Tai levered himself out of the bed. Not bothering with clothing (modesty - who needed it?) he made his way to the table and took a seat. Starting on the apparently detestable salmon, Tai rested his eyes on Ellis.

He looked at her thoughtfully as he chewed, his mind lingering on those delicious little fangs for a few moments before he raised his eyebrows at her and swallowed.

"We do? Who are we killing?"
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
That's my boy, Ellis thought to herself with a giggle. He was going to be loads of fun.

'You and I have something in common. We're both killers, but more importantly, and I think you know this is true...we both like to kill. It is a fabled hobby of all evil children. I personally think there is nothing wrong with a little paid murder, but outright murder...killing for the sake of killing...that's tedious and it smells of noobies. Besides, why kill someone if it doesn't benefit in some way, correct? Especially if that particular way happened to get us paid. In any case...your enthusiasm is refreshing, however, there is someone we must see first.'

She smiled and speared a potato.
'Try these, they made them at our last Halloween ball. They're delicious.'
Tai managed to make a great deal of food vanish quickly without seeming like an animal. He felt a great deal better for it, too, and although his attention had been on Ellis from the moment he'd realized she was in the room with him, he was now able to focus more acutely on what she was saying.

Gazing at her levelly, he couldn't disagree with her. Killing was all well and good, but it was a job. An enjoyable job at times, but there was no point to it without some benefit.

"Who do we need to see?"

Obliging her, he sampled a potato, found it quite good, and ate another before returning to something with some more protein. He imagined Ellis might prefer that better the next time she drank.

Where had that thought come from? And why didn't he find it at all objectionable?
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis took another potato and then held a finger up while she chewed it down to a reasonable size. With a gulp she replied, 'One of my old contacts. Hopefully he can line us up with a kill or two. Something quick and easy.'

She reached across the table and snagged an asparagus,
'Ever notice how fancy dinners always have something with asparagus tips?' Ellis bit the head off one of her asparagus spears and chewed thoughtfully. 'I like beets too. Very delicious.'

Grabbing a little sushi roll, Ellis took a bit, spilling some of her rice onto her plate. Wiping her mouth she asked, 'So tell me, dear...who was your recent target in Nachton?'
Tai nodded silently at the idea of a contract or two to fill. He had plenty of capital if Ellis required it, and he would offer it up if it was needed... but he had a feeling Ellis would take the contracts anyhow, if only just to see how he worked.

He let her have the asparagus... it wasn't his favorite. Nor were the beets for that matter, but he'd enjoyed the salmon so perhaps they were complimentary that way. Tai completely ignored her slight mess of the sushi roll, for the small glimpse of her fangs he'd gotten as she bit into it was distracting but welcome.

What had she done to him?

Ellis had asked him a question, and it didn't even cross his mind to answer dishonestly. "Nakayama. Chairman of a small company, visiting Nachton to set up a merger with another one. It rubbed some people the wrong way, and they wanted him out of the picture."

It was the most he'd said for a while... but Ellis didn't seem to mind his lack of chatter.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Nodding she continued making a mess of her sushi. 'I'm assuming you completed your task? Otherwise why would you picking pockets if not for the fun of it?' She smiled. Probably time to get down to business.

'So...would anyone miss you if you should...I don't know...disappear?'

Ellis wasn't sure of her plans yet with Tai. She hadn't decided yet if turning him was an option. Someone of his ability would be unbelievably priceless. Being turned by an ancient was a big step. He'd have to relearn how to control his strength, but the potential.... Ellis popped another potato into her mouth considering her options.

Perhaps, later, if he's proven himself worthy. Having failed with her one and only child, the possibility of screwing up again was high on her lists of cons, but Ellis was never one to learn from her mistakes. Especially when her mistakes were easily fixed by just killing something.
Tai offered Ellis a quick grin at the mention of the passtime she'd caught him at, and gave her a slight bow while sitting to confirm that his task had, indeed, been fulfilled.

Her next question wasn't surprising either, and that one he had a much more exact answer for. "No one will miss me," he said matter-of-factly. "The clan I was working for would probably want to see me dead soon anyway. Disappearing would be best."

Something nagged at him when he spoke. No one would miss him. He had no family, few friends, why did that statement seem wrong then?

Yuu. Yuu might miss him. Hadn't he planned to check on her? The thought shook him awake slightly, but then his tawny eyes fell upon Ellis once more and as quickly as it had come, the thought of Yuu vanished again.

"I am yours."
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
That was the great thing about familiar allure...it was as blinding as it was mesmerizing. The hold over a human was intoxicating, which is why Ellis had so many familiars over the years. Simon frowned upon it though, calling it dehumanizing.

Like feeding off them wasn't dehumanizing? They were fucking cattle.

Ellis mentally rolled her eyes. It bothered her that she still thought of Simon often. Once he was dead, or at the very least strung up on a beast in her living room, she hoped the random thoughts would stop.

She graced her new cash cow with a smile. 'I would imagine a valuable yakuza is a lonely yakuza...but you seem like a friendly guy, Tai. No acquaintances in Nachton? Useful...aquaintances or useless ones. Those are handy too.'

As lunch.

Ellis recrossed her legs and sat back, lacing her fingers together in her lap.
Tai's head told him to deny knowing anyone in Nachton. But even as he opened his mouth to utter the words, they came out differently.

"One. A woman named Shiroi Yuukaku. Assistant DA."

Tai was suitably torn. For the most part he didn't care that he'd just given Ellis Yuu's name. But a small piece of him was shocked to have said it. He hadn't intended to get Yuu involved in any way. What was Yuu, compared to Ellis? Nothing!

"She may be able to help. I was of some help to her, recently, as well. She owes me a debt."

His words were cold and calculating, as if there had been no affection between them at all. Tai didn't believe it for a moment though, and he didn't expect Ellis would either.

Regardless of the hesitation, of the... fear?... that his words would somehoe involve or harm Yuu, he told Ellis everything he knew about her. Each cold hard fact, right down to the tattoo above her ass.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Her eyes glittered like shiney glass as Tai told her all she would ever want to know, and not know, about this woman he called Yuu. Assistant D.A. She almost squealed with delight. Instantly Ellis took the lead of rope Tai gave her and fashioned it into his noose. She chalked up her potential mistake to being so arrogant to think that the obvious wouldn't happen again.

Ellis was pretty, but sometimes not too bright when her ego did the thinking.

'You...e? Yuu. Very cute nickname.' Ellis stood up slowly, straightening her leather pants. Then she lowered herself, carefully, onto Tai's lap, wrapping her arm around his shoulder. Her top was, of course, a black see thru, form fitting blouse. She loved this shirt and went to great pains to find another one just like it. Priorities, you know.

Running a fingernail down his neck, she pressed her lips against his ear. 'I'd very much like to meet Yuu, maybe in the near future.' Ellis took his ear lobe in between her teeth and nibbled slightly. The tingle in her fangs was starting to distract her.

'But, first things first.' Without even a little foreplay, Ellis dug her fangs deep into his neck.
Tai had no idea what Ellis had said about Yuu. Something about meeting her. Sure, he could introduce them. Her nearness was dizzying, intoxicating.

Ellis bent closer, and while a very small voice protested that he really couldn't stand to lose a whole lot more blood, his body said something entirely different altogether. His hands went to her head, and instead of pushing her away, he pulled her closer, tipped his head back, pulled her onto his lap and down onto his neck. He urged her to drive her fangs in, to drink deeply.

The leather pants were in the way. He let go of her to pull at them, moments away from simply trying to rip them off. If she didn't lose them soon, he would take care of them for her. And that shirt...
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
She could feel his hands on her, tearing at her clothes as she drank. He had slept for only about 12 hrs, not nearly enough time to get anything but just a slight top off from him. It was, however, enough to deepen the familiar bond. Disengaging, she pulled back, using a finger to wipe the blood off of her lips. Deftly she slid out of his grasp and backed away from him, but more importantly, towards the king sized bed in his room.

Turning away from him, Ellis pulled off her blouse and let it drop to the floor. She crawled onto the bed, on all fours and then curled up on the pillows, giving him her best come hither look.

If he wanted the leather pants off so bad, he'd have to come do it himself.

((OOC Tai and Ellis out))