Perfectly innocent

Thaddeus landed neatly in the alleyway just behind the apartment and took a careful look around, absently preening a feather while listening for any sign of life. Satisfied that he didn't have company, he shifted back to his human form, closing his eyes and focusing until everything felt right again. After looking around once more, he walked back onto the street, around to the front entrance of the apartment building, and headed up to their floor.

Palmer was safely back at the Grand Piazza and Thaddeus was nearly home. While perhaps their conversation had not been as productive as it should have been it was good to simply reacquaint themselves. He reflected that they should visit each other more often as he unlocked the apartment door.

Skodde was there to greet him, though once the wolf discovered it was merely Thaddeus he wandered off again. Thaddeus didn't particularly mind Skodde's indifference, though he would admit to being curious about how the wolf would respond to an intruder. He thought wolves were fairly intelligent but he wasn't sure if their pet could tell the difference between a malicious visitor and an acceptable house guest, having been around people so long.

He imagined Alfarinn would be along shortly and thought to get the apartment orderly before his lover got there; a few less reminders of the chaotic twists and turns of their lives would, he thought, be a comfort. Neither of them were all that messy and, after washing his hands in the kitchen sink, it didn't take long to set the apartment to rights. Once things looked acceptable he returned to the kitchen sink and carefully removed his cuff links and the button cover from his tux, cleaning the soot off of each with a soft cloth. The turtle and the ring had remained safely tucked under his shirt and he was pleased to note that even the red cord didn't appear worse for wear when he took it off. The ring he wore on his thumb was likewise well protected by the sable gloves that now rested inside his jacket pocket.

With that done, he headed for their bathroom and undressed, putting the now sooty clothing in the hamper to take to the laundry service the following evening. That done, he turned on the shower and waited for it to heat up, suddenly amused by his own rather domestic behavior. For someone who had grown up with a staff of housekeepers and cooks and all manner of services, he thought he had adjusted fairly well to life in an apartment with none of those things.

Well. The laundry room on the main floor had been a little baffling. And the dishwasher was a bit...curious. The former he'd decided was just over his head, hence the laundry service. He was certain that was what normal people did in any case; perhaps the people who ventured to use the suspicious self serve machines found it interesting in some way. The latter was simple enough, though only very infrequently used.

Realizing the bathroom was filling with steam while he was wool gathering, he adjusted the temperature and stepped under the spray, sighing in contentment at the blast of heat. Leaning his head forward, he let the water pound on the back of his neck and shoulders and closed his eyes.

Then he opened them again when he realized that Alfarinn would be home any minute and here he was fussing about with the apartment and lingering in the shower. Feeling that uncomfortable suspicion that he was being rather dense, he grabbed the shampoo and set to cleaning himself.

This newly focused effort to get on with cleaning likely did not result in any shorter of a shower than was normal for Thaddeus, but nonetheless he was out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist in short order, standing in the closet and trying to pick out something to put on when their earlier conversation regarding clothing came to mind.

No chaps. No spandex. Hmm.

Turning to the box of accessories Alfarinn had brought over the first night they visited the house of pain, Thaddeus just as quickly turned away again, biting his lower lip. It seemed terribly presumptuous to dress so...expectantly.

Well...hell, he -was- presumptuous. Being presumptuous had a way of making things happen that likely wouldn't otherwise. But there was a time and place for such behavior and lounging about naked save a collar, some wrist bands and a smile might just be walking the line.

On the other hand.

Thaddeus gave an evil little smirk and fished out a pair of wristbands in a supple black leather with four silver buckles on each and sat down on the edge of the bed, neatly buckling them in place with a little help from his teeth. The matching collar, in black leather with a single oversized buckle, he took into the bathroom to put on with the help of a mirror.

Smiling in an admittedly foolish way at his own sly cunning, he then returned to the closet for a shirt that mostly covered the collar and completely covered the wrist bands. With the high necked shirt and a pair of grey slacks in place, he nodded firmly into the mirror and padded out in bare feet to the living room.

Deciding it would likely be good to find a way to occupy his time, he selected one of the books he had brought over from his quarters in Anantya and sat down on the couch, stretching his legs over the cushions and quickly becoming engaged in The History of Mysticism in Anantya.

Alfarinn 18 years ago
Though he wanted to get back to Thaddeus as quickly as possible, Alfarinn took a brief trip to his suite to shower and change clothes. It felt good to be clean again but he reflected that the shower was very lonely without his companion and washing his hair was simply a chore to be done instead of the enjoyable luxury Thaddeus made of it.

Throwing on a pair of jeans with an untucked white button up shirt and a slate blue cashmere sweater, Alfarinn hurried back out of the Towers waving good bye to the receptionist and the doorman as he went. It would be a change to be living in the church without the numerous people that he saw daily just in the course of walking around his residence but even with only one other person it would be less lonely than much of his time spent in Liefde.

Driving himself was a tempting option for the sake of speed and something to do other than simply sit. His car was not at all suited for the neighborhood though and so Alfarinn hailed a taxi and told the driver he was in something of a hurry. His appearance and demeanor paid off in that the driver did not seem to believe he was a tourist looking to go to the House of Pain and thus enable him to safely take on a 'speedy' trip the long way around. Alfarinn did wonder if the driver was curious as to what Arin Björn was doing taking a taxi instead of a limo but likely the rumor would later be that he was seeing a secret love interest that he did not want the media to know about, and for once in a rare while the rumor would be partly correct.

He walked up the stairs with growing anticipation but striving for the outward appearance of calm, forcing himself not to take them two at a time. Alfarinn quietly opened the door and peered inside in case Thaddeus had decided to go to bed. While such a thing was doubtful, there was the possibility that the day had caught up to his companion and that he simply fell asleep.

"It's me, Skodde."Â?

Alfarinn let the wolf know in a preemptive attempt to keep the animal from growling a warning. It proved to be unnecessary as the light was on and Thaddeus was seated comfortably on the couch waiting for him with a book in hand.

He smiled, mostly at simply being near Thaddeus again, but also at the idea of coming home to someone so wonderful, who made everything in his life brighter. Crossing the room directly, Alfarinn knelt next to the couch and laid his head in his lover's lap.

"I see you've had good company while I was out."Â?

Alfarinn looked up at the book to make his meaning clear before nuzzling against Thaddeus's abdomen and then raising his eyes to his lover with a happy grin.

"Mmmm, you smell nice."Â?
Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
Thaddeus raised one eyebrow at Skodde, who had slipped out of the kitchen to greet the latest visitor.

“Guess who’s home.”

Alfarinn soon cleared up the matter for himself and Skodde gave a slight wag of his tail before wandering back to the kitchen. Thaddeus, meanwhile, greeted Alfarinn with a slight but deeply appreciative smile and closed the book, resting it on the arm of the couch and reaching one arm out in invitation as his lover approached. He gave a contented sigh and shifted closer when Alfarinn made himself comfortable, one hand immediately sinking into soft strands of blond hair.

He gave a light shrug in the direction of the book, his smile broadening.

“I believe I prefer your company to R.H. Fitzpatrick’s.” he said, giving the book a light tap with his free hand. “High praise; this is fascinating reading.” He slid his fingers along one cheekbone, then gently tucked a strand of hair behind one ear, lingering a little in the process.

“You –feel- nice.”

Better than nice, in fact; Alfarinn’s shirt was almost as soft as his hair, which felt positively lovely between his fingers. He switched to stroking with his right hand while his left strayed back up to Alfarinn’s neck and ran lightly along the jawline. His thumb traced the outline of Alfarinn’s lower lip.

“Did everything go alright at the Towers?” He could imagine, what with being an Elder, that there were probably messages and clanmates requesting Alfarinn’s time, and he worried from time to time that he was keeping his lover from his responsibilities and making trips home more stressful for it. He hoped that was not the case but wondered if Alfarinn would say anything if it were.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn looked over at the book at the mention of praise and nodded against his companion's chest. It was not one he had read. No doubt written and compiled after Evenhet had split from Anantya. Their combined library had the potential of being one of the most unique in Nachton with books from both clans. It could be an interesting addition to the church and its purposes. Alfarinn thought the idea bore more consideration, but decided it could wait until some other time.

"Indeed. I am honored."Â?

He closed his eyes with a pleased sigh as Thaddeus's fingers slid into his hair. Snuggling more comfortably Alfarinn continued to rest there while light caresses pushed away any traces of tension he might still have been clinging to.

Placing a light kiss, on Thaddeus's thumb he was about to get up and move on to a more active enjoyment of being back alone with his lover when Thaddeus's question stopped him.

He rose with a small sigh and sheepish grin.

"Ah hmm. I did not stay long enough to go into much detail with anyone on matters but Mari would have let me know if there was anything urgent. I deal with what I can every day through her."Â?

He patted the pager on his waist; between emails and senders like Crispin, Alfarinn was able to take care of a lot of things that needed his attention even away from the Towers. Senders were still the best and most secure method of communication in Evenhet and many like Cris met with other senders in other cities so that they could easily contact them, keeping a network of near instant contact open and available. Thankfully there was some etiquette to it as well, except in cases of extreme emergency senders would go through the proper methods they had set up to alert him of news so that he did not have a constant stream of various people from many different cities all barraging him with mental messages. Crispin contacted him a set time each day with news so that they were both prepared for the contact and most of the network was arranged that way.

Alfarinn smiled down at Thaddeus for a moment before the grin took on a more mischievous air. Using one foot to pull off the shoe from the other, he divested himself of both quickly and slid them aside. Thaddeus was stretched out so invitingly on the couch and taking up a good portion of it. That at least was the excuse he gave himself, though Alfarinn was well aware that Thaddeus would have given him room probably without him even needing to ask if he hadn't come and knelt next to him. He threw a leg over Thaddeus's legs and knelt to sit in his lover's lap, bringing the other knee up onto the couch and scooting forward to settle comfortably on top of Thaddeus.

Alfarinn placed both of his hands flat against his lover's chest and bent down to give him a lingering kiss before leaning back once more. Speaking quietly, he asked.

"And how did your chat with Palmer go?"Â?
Thaddeus sighed softly at the kiss to his thumb, feeling quite content just as they were, at home and together, safe at the end of a long night.

“Hmm, I must confess, then; I do believe I prefer your company to any author out there. Shocking, I know. They may revoke my library card.”

Smiling lightly, he followed a strand of hair to its end and looped it around his fingers, then watched it spring back into place when he released it. He bit down on his lower lip, however, realizing he’d said the wrong thing when Alfarinn pulled away. Really, he felt he should have known better, especially after his efforts to make the apartment as peaceful as possible. Slightly disappointed that he had, apparently, ended their quiet moment together all too soon, he straightened his posture and listened, still unsure of what had put off his companion. It seemed that nothing particularly stressful had happened and with the Evenhet Elder always within reach of his clan he wouldn’t think there would be anything to worry about but it was possible Thaddeus was missing something.

Then he saw the glint of mischief in his lover’s smile and returned the grin with one of his own, reaching up to the waistband of Alfarinn’s pants while he was distracted with his shoes. Still smiling, he slid his fingers along until he reached the belt loop supporting the pager, which he removed with a light click. Setting the pager on top of the book, he moved both distractions to the end table and turned back in time to catch Alfarinn around the waist, bringing them into closer contact with a light hum. A lap full of Alfarinn was just exactly right and he returned the kiss with a relaxed playfulness, his fingers sliding up under the hem of the soft blue sweater.

Then Alfarinn pulled back and he wondered what mischievous thought might be running through his lover’s mind. Upon hearing the question, though, he lowered his eyelashes and gave a cheeky grin.

“Mmm, Palmer who?” Smiling, he pulled his hands away and laced his fingers together behind his head, putting on his ‘best behavior’ face. “As well as could be expected. He should be fine at the Manor and I think he forgives my lack of writing.”

Deciding that was all the good behavior anyone could ask for, he lifted his hands over his head and brought them down to rest on the tops of Alfarinn’s thighs, letting his fingers walk up the jean clad surface.

“Now. Have you been naughty, or have you been nice?”
Alfarinn 18 years ago
The hand tugging on his waistband erased any doubts that Thaddeus might not be in the same mood he was in and instead wanted to simply relax. His pager disappeared and for a moment he wondered just what else was going to be taken off. The hands settled under his shirt and the kiss and question seemed to have distracted his lover from any further removal efforts for the moment.

Alfarinn grinned at Thaddeus's answer. Poor Palmer, at least he was in town now and did not have to worry about Thaddeus remembering to write a letter. It would seem he was a distraction, not that he was apologetic about this in the least.

It was good that they had gotten a chance to speak alone and he was glad that he had offered it despite not wanting to part with Thaddeus earlier. That was a little greedy on his part but it wasn't something he would have to admit to anyone and he could feel more magnanimous about the both of them spending their time with friends and being polite now that they were both back together and alone. So in the end it was a good deed.

"Well I'm happy to hear it. I would hope he'd forgive you...and me, for distracting you."Â?

He watched the fingers walking slowly up his legs with interest . Tucking a stray strand of hair back behind his ear, Alfarinn raised both eyebrows at his companion's question.

Ducking his head and smiling shyly, he said.

"You know.. I was just going over that same question in my head. I do not think I've come up with an adequate answer for today. So perhaps you will be able to help me decide."Â?

Alfarinn leaned forward and nipped Thaddeus on the neck before leaning back and grinning at him unrepentantly. Moving closer once again, he leaned up to Thaddeus's ear; scooting forward with much more rubbing than was strictly necessary, he smiled and murmured seductively.

"So what is your verdict?"Â?
Thaddeus grinned at the idea of Palmer needing to forgive Alfarinn, finding the idea of his friend resenting his lover somewhat amusing in its improbability.

“I think Palmer took to you just fine. It’s me he ‘wonders about’, whatever that means.”

He gave a shrug to indicate he would just as soon let Palmer be Palmer. There were, after all, more important things to think about now that the grave and serious task of evaluating Alfarinn’s behavior was placed in his hands. Hands that had wandered up to the waistband of Alfarinn’s pants, no less, and were trying to sneak up underneath the button down shirt to make contact with bare skin. They made a break for it when Alfarinn leaned forward, taking the opportunity to slide up the smooth cool skin of Alfarinn’s back. He tilted head back, very much liking the direction his lover was taking and hoping in an admittedly greedy fashion that there might be another teasing nip to his neck in his future, but then Alfarinn moved closer and he certainly wasn’t about to complain about that, or the methods of moving for that matter. A more devious part of his mind was wondering what he might do to get his lover to squirm a little more, in fact.

It was, perhaps, fortunate they were not trying to render judgment on his behavior; he suspected he was hopeless.

The sound of Alfarinn’s voice elicited an exquisite shiver and he had the fleeting thought that it was quite good they were sitting down before he turned his attention to answering the very serious query put before him.

“Mmm….-very- nice.”

He turned his head to brush his lips against Alfarinn’s, indulging in a brief moment of simply inhaling the scent of freshly washed hair and soap and Alfarinn before remembering there was more to this scenario.

“…and nice boys get –presents-, you know.” He rested his hands flat on Alfarinn’s back and raised one eyebrow at his companion. “Do you have a list? Or will I have to surprise you?”
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled at Thaddeus's answer and bent to rub his lips down the warm skin that he had just bit, feeling the heat of it sink into his own for a short time. His lover's hum of appreciation stirred the desire to pull closer and lavish more attention on this sensitive and vulnerable area of Thaddeus's anatomy.

He leaned back a little, contemplating whether he wished to indulge this desire or be more patient. Good things -did- come to those who wait, so they say. As if to prove this fact to the doubting Thomas within him, Thaddeus turned his head, brushing his lips lightly across his own. Alfarinn sighed in surreal sort of pleasure, at once tranquil with the acceptance of letting things unfold as they may, knowing that it would be all he could possibly hope for, and at the same time very aroused by his lover's light touch that held the promise of so much more to come.

And then Thaddeus spoke and promised more... in the form of presents?

Alfarinn looked at his companion, his eyes widening in surprise at his turn. He found himself looking over his partner in a cursory search of where he might be hiding something and smiled at the automatic response. He could hardly forget that Thaddeus had already given him one present tonight, he could feel the watch resting comfortably in his pocket, the fabric of his jeans pulled tight to make the shape of it visible underneath.

He knew that Thaddeus's tone was teasing and that he should answer the question in the manner that it was intended but he felt compelled to be honest and sincere. Bringing his hands up to each side of his lover's jaw, Alfarinn leaned forward and kissed him tenderly before pulling back and regarding him a moment, meeting clear grey eyes evenly with his own.

"I have everything I could possibly want right here, Beloved. In between my hands."Â?

Giving Thaddeus another kiss, he smiled against the mouth pressed to his own before leaning back and giving his companion a mischievous smirk.

"But I -do- so love surprises."Â?
Thaddeus chuckled slightly at Alfarinn's 'search', wondering what his lover might hope to uncover. This plan of his, he realized, could severely backfire should Alfarinn want something he didn't have. Alfarinn could ask for anything in the known universe right about now and he would be happy to grant it if at all possible, though, and that was certainly an interesting position. He imagined that if such predicaments resulted in more kisses like the one he was receiving he should consider himself well off indeed; it was fortunate he already considered himself the luckiest man alive.

He lowered his chin a little, feeling a slight heat on his cheeks at his lover's remark, and bit down on his bottom lip before Alfarinn found a much better occupation for his mouth. Leaning forward, he returned Alfarinn’s kiss with a soft one of his own before resting his forehead against his lover's.

"That's probably a good thing...at the moment I don't have much else to offer." He brushed his nose lightly against Alfarinn's. "Besides a good deal of trouble."

Trouble he could certainly offer in droves, though hopefully he might offer some of the good kind of trouble as well. With that thought in mind he turned to kiss along Alfarinn’s jawline, inching his way up to one tender earlobe, which he favored with a light tug between his teeth. Finding that once he had started down that particular path, however, he was not inclined to stop there, he gave Alfarinn’s ear a series of light nibbles and kisses before he managed to pull back and slide his hands out from under Alfarinn’s shirt. He felt his way generously down well muscled thighs before turning his attention to his own shirt, carefully slipping open the top button. With a raised eyebrow he lifted up his wrist and slowly turned it over, unbuttoning the cuff and revealing a little of the leather and buckles hidden underneath.

"However, in lieu of goods...I imagine there are services I could render."

He leaned back a bit, tilting his hips up in the process with a teasing grin, and unbuttoned his other cuff before lifting up his chin and continuing on with the buttons of his shirt, moving slowly and revealing only what was absolutely necessary.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled at the little rub against his nose but then leaned back enough to looked shocked at his companion.

"You, trouble? My good influence. Hardly. I believe that is why you being naughty is so..."Â?

He sighed happily and closed his eyes in pleasure, letting his voice trail off into an incoherent hum of enjoyment as Thaddeus kissed along his jaw and up to the ever sensitive ear. Sucking in a breath at the first nip, Alfarinn wrapped his arms around Thaddeus's back to hold him close as the shiver ran down his spine.

"...provocative."Â?

He made a little sigh of disappointment when Thaddeus's hands were removed from underneath his clothes, though it was only reasonable to assume they could not stay like this and expect to progress to more pleasing states of undress. The trail of warmth could still be felt and he shivered slightly, this time, with the lack of his lover's heat.

Watching the hands move along his legs, Alfarinn found himself captivated as he sometimes was by the grace and beauty of his lover's hands. Following them up to the shirt, he smiled at his companion and felt better for having the hands leave him when it was obvious they were going to be put to good use by working on getting them undressed.

Noticing the hint of leather underneath, Alfarinn raised an eyebrow at Thaddeus.

"Speaking of naughty..."Â?

He grinned fully, enjoying his lover's present and that he had thought to do it. It still amazed him how comfortable they had become to be unselfconscious in their enjoyment of each other and having faith that their surprises would be well received and eagerly enjoyed. Alfarinn certainly found himself favorably caught up in the glimpses he had already seen.

"Hmm, services are used up so soon..."Â?

Alfarinn smiled and ran a fingertip along Thaddeus's chest without opening the shirt any wider.

"I trust you will make them truly remarkable."Â?

Everything with Thaddeus was beyond simply remarkable, in fact, he had no words to describe how amazing being with the man in front of him was. He was blessed and could not even begin to think of anything more he could ever want. But his words were in the spirit of their teasing, and he squirmed playfully against his companion and asked.

"So do I get to open my present now?"Â?
Thaddeus beamed at being called ‘my good influence’, somehow finding that more than a little warming. Not just ‘a good influence.’ ‘-My- good influence.’ There was something irresistibly affectionate about that, no matter how much he might debate his influence on his lover.

It was hard not to blush at the suggestion that he was, once again, being naughty, but he thought going sheepish might ruin the moment and put on his brave face.

[We didn’t have chaps. Or spandex…]

“I improvised. Rest assured, though, such things certainly fall under the category of nice and not at all naughty.”

Nodding firmly at his own declaration, he tilted up his chin to let Alfarinn’s hands wander where they would.

“Well yes, they should be remarkable considering I’ll want you to come again. Return business and all. Best way to be of service, really.”

At Alfarinn’s request to open his present, he gave an inviting smile, lifting his chin a little more, his skin pricking with anticipation at the thought of being bared to the cool air of the living room.

The living room. Where Skodde could walk in at any moment.

He rolled his eyes at himself inwardly, telling himself he was being ridiculous and not all that long ago he’d had no problem being up against the door for heaven’s sake, and leaned forward, kissing Alfarinn firmly on the mouth in an attempt to drive silly thoughts away. This was, he believed, a quite effective means of distraction, and he tilted his head to one side to deepen the kiss, his hand rising up to cup Alfarinn’s cheek…

Did he just hear nails clicking on the tiles?

Alright. Time to go to the bedroom. He pulled back, feeling a little breathless and flushed from the passionate kiss, and gave a slight smile.

“I think this gift is best unwrapped behind closed doors.” That said, he shifted his weight, shamelessly enjoying the friction created in the process, and managed to get an arm underneath Alfarinn, the other wrapping around his lover’s waist.

[I will feel positively awful if I drop you or hit your head on something, you know…do hold on.]

The strength of his kind didn’t really make up for the awkwardness of picking up someone so tall and Thaddeus realized when he stood that he had the added issue of not being able to see over Alfarinn’s shoulder. Putting all his concentration on getting from point A to point B, he made their way slowly to the bedroom with peripheral vision as his guide. Once he had used his foot to nudge open the door and walked inside, though, he was all the better able to recognize just how wonderful Alfarinn felt in his arms.

[I could get used to this. You may never have to walk again.]

Smiling inwardly at that thought, he shut the door with his foot and continued on to the bed, sitting Alfarinn down on the edge and dropping to his knees in front of his lover.

“Much better. Now you won’t have to share your gift with the other boys.”

He grinned a little, thinking there would be absolutely no sharing happening in any case, even if it did score points on the naughty to nice continuum.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn couldn't help but grin when the spandex and chaps were mentioned again. He wondered whether this, like chess, would become another joke between them.

He ran his hand upwards along Thaddeus's chest to brush his fingers over the collar. Looking at his lover, he knew that the leather was hidden underneath and found it tantalizing; he sighed in pleased appreciation.

"I would agree. You are -very- nice, indeed."Â?

Perhaps most would expect someone so normally very proper to look odd in the attire Thaddeus was wearing, possibly because they might feel embarrassed and therefore it was uncomfortable which conveyed itself as strange and awkward. Thaddeus simply looked... well he just looked damn hot. With all the overwhelming temptation, Alfarinn felt that he was waiting rather patiently for Thaddeus's okay.

When his companion lifted his chin in invitation, Alfarinn really didn't anything more to be said. He slid his hands underneath Thaddeus's shirt, at the moment content to just enjoy being able to touch his lover's skin. He would take his time, one didn't get presents every day so every part of the experience should be savored, including the unwrapping.

"Hmmm I feel confident in your abilities to keep my business and anything else of mine you'd like."Â?

Alfarinn smiled cheekily at Thaddeus but the grin widened into a genuine smile when he reflected that the statement was absolutely one hundred percent already true. He did not so much think of things being his or Thaddeus's but simply their's and that was an endearing thought. The only thing likely to ever continue to be separately his was his clan. In quiet times, he had pondered whether or not he wished they shared that as well but while it would have been easier for them to live with, it would not be Thaddeus. He was very proud of his Anantya lover and knew Thaddeus was most happy exactly as he was and that was perfectly fine with him. Their relatives would just learn how to get along for brief stretches of time in their presence.

All reflection was driven away at the passionate kiss that he found himself receiving. Alfarinn made an internal growl and returned the embrace with equal fervor, sliding his hands around behind Thaddeus and pulling him close.

When Thaddeus pulled back, he gave him a look of askance but the explanation was quick in coming. Nodding, he shifted his weight over to his outside knee and was about to lift the inner one off his companion when Thaddeus shifted beneath him. Alfarinn held still and lowered his gaze as he stopped everything in order to better enjoy his lover moving against him. Feeling the hands wrap around him, he stayed where he was and soon he found himself being lifted and carried. He smiled at Thaddeus before leaning down and finding it really didn't help Thaddeus much but it felt nice. He wrapped his legs around his companion and enjoyed the ride.

[Mmm but then you'd kiss it and make it better. I'll behave though and not leap out of your arms. I'm rather comfortable here anyway.]

Alfarinn chuckled at Thaddeus's warning that he might find himself carried from now on and snuggled closer in contentment.

[ Walking is over rated.]

He found himself on the bed soon enough and as nice as being held close and carried was, Alfarinn really had other more active pursuits in mind. Raising an eyebrow at Thaddeus, he said.

"I should hope not. I was not aware that you were interested in being shared."Â?

He grinned and leaned down to kiss Thaddeus lightly as his hands slid once more under fabric. Sliding the cloth over his lover's shoulders, he let gravity pull it to the floor. Leaning back, Alfarinn took a moment to simply admire Thaddeus in front of him. His voice held a mixture of lust and awe as he quietly stated.

"You are magnificent."Â?

Words failed him and he felt it was time to put them aside and demonstrate his meaning instead. Wrapping one hand around behind Thaddeus's neck, Alfarinn leaned down and ran his lips and then his fangs lightly along that sensitive skin, now exposed so invitingly. Moving around to the front, he tilted up the collar with his cheek in order to place a kiss at the hollow of his lover's throat, the smell of Thaddeus and the leather mingled together into the most sensual fragrance he'd ever experienced and he believed he would be able to recall it to mind again and again for an eternity.

Leaning back he smiled, filled with both love and desire.

"My Beautiful Beloved."Â?
Relieved that Alfarinn had, as promised, behaved quite nicely on the short walk to the bedroom, and that he managed to avoid stumbling or tripping or otherwise knocking his delightful burden into anything, Thaddeus found himself reflecting on all those times he had behaved quite terribly when their positions were reversed. He was at least a little remorseful at the recollection of nibbling on Alfarinn’s neck while he was carried up the stairs, thinking that had his lover done anything of that nature they both might have found themselves on the floor.

He was once again skeptical on who was the good influence in this relationship; it seemed to him that Alfarinn was quite good at teaching him to behave. Or to keep finding different ways to do the exact opposite…he wasn’t certain.

[Hmm, perhaps I should kiss you better anyway. Preemptively, you see.]

Deciding that this was an excellent rationale for stealing kisses, he did just that, brushing his lips lightly over Alfarinn’s chin. He smiled a little at Alfarinn’s retort to the comment about sharing, though he switched quickly enough to a more solemn expression.

“Not in the least. Delicate gifts are not meant to be passed around.”

He tilted his chin up slightly, dropping his shoulders to let the shirt fall away and then raising them again to come into contact with Alfarinn’s cool hands. Both eyebrows went up at his lover’s declaration, though, a feeling of vulnerability and strengthened desire running through him, but before he could formulate anything coherent Alfarinn’s lips were on his neck and his head was tilting back and all he could manage was a distant sort of ‘oh’ as his eyes fell closed. Nerve endings tingling everywhere Alfarinn had touched, it was a moment before he came back to himself enough to realize that his lover had pulled away and was looking down at him. He swallowed hard, feeling the leather brush against his throat just where Alfarinn had kissed, and smiled shyly.

“All yours.”

The words had an assertive inflection he hadn’t intended, perhaps simply because it was so important to him that Alfarinn knew, that he understood beyond a shadow of a doubt. There were, however, other ways to illustrate this concept and he was more than glad to turn his attention to those marvelous ways he might show his lover his meaning. With both hands he took hold of the soft blue sweater and stood, taking the shirt up with him and pulling it carefully over Alfarinn’s head. After reaching over to set the bundle of soft fabric flat on the chest of drawers he sank back down to his knees, taking one of Alfarinn’s hands in his to unbutton the cuffs of the shirt underneath.

With the inside of Alfarinn’s wrist now exposed he could hardly be expected to resist kissing that delicate skin, and while he might have chosen to display a touch more patience at that point, it seemed only right that the rest of his lover’s hands not be neglected. Feeling he had very good and logical reasons for rubbing his cheek against Alfarinn’s palm, for kissing the tip of each finger and nipping lightly at the pad of the thumb, he went on in that vein for a moment, his free hand all the while straying up Alfarinn’s thigh.

Smiling, he finished with the cuffs and moved one hand up to the row of buttons down the front of the shirt, starting on them with the slightest impatient little noise in the back of his throat. Concluding that with all these buttons there would simply have to be multi tasking, he moved his other hand up to the top of the jeans, pausing to run his thumb gently along Alfarinn’s length through the fabric, and began on the top button while the other hand continued with the shirt.

As much as his mind was urging for less clothes more quickly and helpfully suggesting that they invest in a wardrobe with more zippers and less buttons, in all honesty he delighted in incrementally exposing Alfarinn, inch by inch, and in feeling the shape of firm muscles through layers of fabric before the thrilling reward of bare skin. That enjoyment didn’t, at this juncture, slow him down much, though he did very much appreciate the feel of Alfarinn under his palm, the sight of that line of skin left in the wake of falling buttons.

“Absolutely amazing.”
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled at the perfectly logical reasoning and the little kisses that it resulted in. He chuckled at his companion's answer to sharing him with others. Reaching out a hand to Thaddeus's jaw, he brushed his fingers lightly along it and then down over neck, collar and shoulder.

“I do believe that appearances can be deceiving in this case. This gift is top quality and far stronger than the graceful beauty of it implies. Still, you're right. One does not share an original, one of a kind, gift with friends. I might have to have a private gallery made for it where I can come and admire it in private...for hours on end. ”

Being so close and holding on to his lover for the brief moment in which he expressed his appreciation of his present in the form of an ardent embrace, Alfarinn had a hard time leaning back again. Thaddeus's simple statement made him pause and he looked at his lover, feeling a mixture of humble adoration and awe. Meeting Thaddeus's eyes, he smiled gently and replied through the sudden pounding of his heart in his chest.

“Then I shall do my best to care for you always.”

He could not, in good conscience, speak so seriously and continue with the light playful comments of Thaddeus as an object, even a present, though he did believe that his lover was truly a gift, a very precious one, that was meant to be treasured and loved for eternity.

And then he was being taken care of as Thaddeus began to pull away clothing. Alfarinn sighed in contentment at the delicate touches and kisses as his shirt was carefully unbuttoned. He enjoyed watching Thaddeus while he was focused on something so that you knew without needing bonding or empathy, but instead simple observation, that there were thoughts being played out behind those quick grey eyes. That Thaddeus was currently absorbed in divesting him of clothing made him flush with shy pleasure at the attention. He could not help but be curious as to the exact nature of his lover's thoughts but watching Thaddeus was enough to set off musings of his own. Alfarinn squirmed, leaning into the hand that ran up his pants but settled back down to more or less patient watching as his companion began to focus on the button.

The flush that had almost faded away came back in full at Thaddeus's compliment and he looked down to hide his face and pleased smile behind his hair. Realizing there was no reason to close off his reaction from Thaddeus, who could already feel his emotions quite clearly anyway, Alfarinn looked up and favored him with the appreciative grin.

“I'm glad you think so.”
Thaddeus smiled and looked down at Alfarinn’s description of his present, deciding that as long as they were in agreement on the general concept of sharing he was fine with whatever approach they took, respectively, to come to that conclusion. The idea of a private gallery struck him as amusing, though, and he chuckled as he tilted his head to enjoy the tingling sensation of his lovers fingers brushing his skin.

“Hmm, I don’t know how this present would take to a glass display case; playing with gifts is half the fun after all.”

Smiling inwardly at the mental image of raising one eyebrow at Alfarinn from behind a wall of glass under carefully placed lighting, he wondered how he might tempt his lover to open the door and take him out for more fun. He made a contented purring noise as he was held close and assured he would be well taken care of, lightly stroking Alfarinn’s hair before turning to the all important task of removing clothing.

When the last button of the shirt fell away he ran his hand flat up Alfarinn’s chest, moving to first one shoulder, then the other, to clear the fabric away, his fingers lingering over bared skin. With the top button of the jeans undone as well, he moved on to the zipper, pulling down slowly and carefully as one arm snaked around Alfarinn’s back, his lips brushing teasingly over the exposed pale skin of Alfarinn’s chest. As much as he longed to touch and stroke and kiss, to the point his mind was insisting that he ravish his lover at once, there was still the matter of clothing to take care of and Thaddeus reasoned that it was best to take care of such matters linearly. It would not, after all, do to get ahead of himself and end up leaving Alfarinn with his socks still on and half removed pants. Besides, he certainly did not want to play into Alfarinn’s concerns that services would be used up all too soon. With such thought in mind he slid his other hand around Alfarinn’s back, giving a little nudge to indicate the need for enough room to slide the jeans off as he hooked his thumbs through the belt loops.

He looked up from his nuzzling attentions to Alfarinn’s chest at his lover’s genuinely pleased response, touched and somewhat amazed that he had invoked those feelings and for his part feeling a wave of tender affection at the trace of shyness displayed in the light flush of skin. He returned the sentiment with a deep smile, showing teeth, and tugged lightly on the pants, easing back to a crouch as he slid the fabric over thighs and down around ankles. His mind buzzing with anticipation, he took hold of one foot, one hand wrapping up the back of the calf and the other carefully pulling off the sock. Grinning, he ran one palm flat along the bottom of the foot, then rested it in his lap and switched to the other to give it similar treatment, sweeping his thumb over the arch before placing both feet on the floor. He sat back for a moment to admire his handiwork before placing both hands on the tops of Alfarinn’s feet and sliding up as he rose to his knees once more, using his lover’s firm thighs as leverage. His grin was nearly predatory at this point, though he tried to balance that with a calmly raised eyebrow.

“Comfortable?”
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smirked at Thaddeus, and shook his head slightly, thinking that this gallery would be more a hands on experience. Though Thaddeus might get dusty that way so if not a glass case then there would by necessity be more washing. Which would not hurt his feelings any at all. The landlord might wonder at the full family they must be hiding in here to explain their water bill.

He watched his companion through lowered lashes as Thaddeus finished unbuttoning his shirt and pushed the fabric aside. His lover's lips seemed to sear a path across his skin and he found it hard to sit patiently with Thaddeus right in front of him, brushing teasing hands along his back.

Smiling at the nudge, Alfarinn leaned back on his elbows and lifted his hips. It was somewhat amusing that he had not worn the pants very long at all this evening but he was glad to be out of them. He especially appreciated the way in which they were coming off. Thaddeus bent down to complete the 'unveiling of Alfarinn' and he watched his lover's blonde head bent forward, the longer strands of hair brushing against his cheeks. There was truly no way one could justify complaining about the way it appeared because with it loose and brushing his shoulders, Thaddeus looked like an angel out of a painting with the silken strands framing a peaceful expression. Alfarinn smiled, even the collar and bands did not seem to change this perception of his companion's unearthly beauty. They even added to it, bringing something real and dark to contrast against Thaddeus's grace.

He blinked and started from his musings, as Thaddeus rose and grinned at him with something very unlike an angel's smile. Grinning up at his lover, he said.

"I believe I'm cold. Do you think you could find something to keep me warm?"Â?
Thaddeus bit down on his lower lip, a slight frown creasing his forehead at his lover’s request. Really, he mentally scolded himself. Now you’ve made him cold. He blinked, trying to determine the most enjoyable solution to this problem, when it occurred to him that perhaps Alfarinn was thinking along the same lines.

Realizing that he would feel just a little silly if he was completely misunderstanding the request, he reached for the top button of his own pants, giving Alfarinn a raised eyebrow, and unzipped the zipper before pulling down on the waistband of both pants and boxers and rising to his feet, leaving the last of his clothing behind him with no small relief at escaping its confines.

Thus much more properly attired, he smiled warmly at the sight in front of him, of Alfarinn reclining on his elbows and looking all too tempting, and came closer to lift one knee onto the bed. Swinging his other knee over Alfarinn’s legs so he was quite comfortably straddling him, he slowly slid forward, bringing their bodies into contact with a shiver of pleasure at the feel of skin on skin.

He leaned forward, putting a little of his weight on his lover and making a soft murmur of contentment before speaking more coherently, nuzzling against Alfarinn’s neck and whispering in his ear, lips just barely brushing against the shell.

“Will this do?”

Smiling, he slid the hand that wasn’t currently supporting some of his weight around to Alfarinn’s back, trailing up the neck and into soft blonde hair. As wonderful as it was to have the opportunity to see Alfarinn exposed and absolutely stunning, being close to his lover was more than ideal and Thaddeus enjoyed every inch of closeness.

He grinned as he ran his nose lightly up the space just behind Alfarinn’s ear, breathing his lover in.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled at the questioning look Thaddeus gave him. Raising his eyebrows, he watched the last of his lover's clothing slide away from him. It was tempting to lean forward and help, but there was also something thrilling about simply leaning back and taking in the sight before him. He hoped he wasn't making Thaddeus self conscious by watching him with no doubt a very lecherous expression. He found that Thaddeus's very focused unveiling arousing and different from the very hands on approach that was the normal way their clothing was taken off. His lover looked the height of tempting and his entire body ached with the need to be close to Thaddeus.

He grinned at his companion when Thaddeus moved onto the bed and straddled his lap. Then his eyes closed and a sigh of relieved pleasure escaped him as his Beloved slid forward and leaned against him.

"Mmmm..."Â?

Whatever comment he had did not manage to express itself and flew out of his mind, focused as it was on the delightful weight in his lap and against his chest.

There was the most interesting sensation of Thaddeus's warm hand sliding up his back followed by the cooler leather and even the tingle of cold metal buckles. The whole combination was electrifying with the differences of texture and temperature together; it was something of a surprise, but definitely a pleasurable one. Alfarinn felt a shiver of added desire make its way up his spine just as Thaddeus's hand reached his hair.

The gentle nuzzle caused him to smile in affection but the expression was quickly replaced with one with one that suggested prayer as his lover found his ear and whispered softly.

...and he loved every second of it.

It took a moment to get around to answering Thaddeus's question but eventually he found his voice.

"This is much better, Beloved, I'm -warmer- already."Â?

He tilted his head at the gentle touch behind his ear and rubbed his cheek against Thaddeus's in his own gesture of affection. Leaning back, he looked at his companion and smiled and then looked down at the both of them so close together.

"Well, after having tried my present on. I have to say it fits. You have excellent taste and obviously know me very well."Â?
Thaddeus smiled in acknowledgement of Alfarinn’s lightly expressed sentiment, thinking the feeling was more than mutual, and playfully nipped at his lover’s ear. Pleased to hear that his companion was, indeed, quite comfortable, he pulled back slightly, one hand still playing with Alfarinn’s hair.

“Ah, but are you warm enough…” He bent down to rub his cheek against Alfarinn’s shoulder. “…here?” Grinning, he reached behind him to run his hand down an exposed patch of thigh. “And here? I think I should keep moving, to make sure you’re properly covered.”

With a solemn expression, he squirmed closer under this admittedly unusual pretense, going with Alfarinn as he leaned back. He chuckled softly at the declaration that he was ‘a good fit’, sitting up a ways to peer down at his lover.

“But of course…” He bent down and dragged his lips, then his tongue, lightly across Alfarinn’s collarbone. “…mmm…excellent taste indeed…”

Grinning, he pulled them both on their sides in a neat roll, shifting upward so they were both more comfortably situated on the bed, and gave Alfarinn’s neck a light nip as he tangled their legs together, covering his lover’s feet with his own.

Lest they get cold, naturally.

In fact, with a mischievous grin, he reflected that he should be much more concerned with Alfarinn’s feet. He propped himself up on one elbow and ran his hand down Alfarinn’s side, leaning forward to kiss his lover lightly on the mouth, then shifted his weight to begin the long trail down, wondering if he had the slightest chance of making it all the way to Alfarinn’s toes without…distractions.

He saw another failing in his plan as he inched his way down to Alfarinn’s chest, leaving more and more skin exposed to the harsh elements of the apartment bedroom in the wake of slow, dragging kisses. He flicked his tongue neatly over one nipple as he pondered this grave matter, his arms tight and protective around his lover even as his mouth created more mischief than he really had any right to get away with.

The solution, when it finally came to him, seemed obvious enough though he found a trace of inhibition at implementing it. Pushing up on one elbow, he lifted his head back up to kiss his lover, smiling somewhat shyly before sitting all the way up and turning around upside down on the bed, scooting down to rub his cheek against the tops of Alfarinn’s feet and trace his fingers along the arches while keeping the rest of his body aligned with his lover’s cool skin.

Turning his head, he looked up past long longs and raised one eyebrow, grinning.

“Warmer?”
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn chuckled at Thaddeus's first efforts of keeping exposed places of him warmed, thinking this should be an interesting task. He was certainly enjoying his part in it, which was to pretend to shiver and kiss Thaddeus in thanks for the places he warmed. Alfarinn felt it was only right to do his best to be appreciative.

He looked down at Thaddeus as he was tasted to prove his lover's good taste. Running his hand up his lover's back, Alfarinn let it come to rest lightly at the base of Thaddeus's neck. Lightly touching in return while he was being warmed.

Being pulled over onto his side was not unexpected and he moved closer to Thaddeus once his companion had situated himself to his liking. He had swung his legs up on the bed and quickly found them tangled and caught, making him grin. The night had been so eventful that it was nice to be alone where they could touch and play and be as selfish with their time as they wished. He believed sometimes that his companion had no idea what an important member of Anantya he seemed to be; Alfarinn watched members of Thaddeus's clan come to him for advice and aid regularly and he knew that his lover was well loved and needed by his vampiric family.

His thankfulness that they were alone at last was put aside as Thaddeus went back to making sure he was very warm. Alfarinn mused that it was definitely having an effect on him even if his skin did not reflect that change. As his companion made his way, in what could be a promising direction, Alfarinn indulged in one of Thaddeus's favorites pleasures and gently ran his hands through strands of his lover's soft white blonde hair.

Thaddeus pushed up on one elbow and Alfarinn moved his hands down to his lover's shoulders and gave him a questioning look, expecting a statement of some kind and was pleasantly surprised by a kiss instead. Though he continued to be confused when Thaddeus sat up with a smile but decided that if his Beloved wished to surprise him some more then he was fine with that. Thaddeus had excellent taste after all.

He had expected Thaddeus to get up; though he had no idea why that thought came to mind. So he was quite surprised by the flip his lover had made instead. Alfarinn raised his eyebrows a moment at the situation before wrapping his arms around his lover's legs and answering his question.

"Oh yes, much."Â?

With a good hold on Thaddeus he rolled onto his back and wiggled in the effort to get 'comfortable'.

"You make an excellent blanket"Â?

Snuggling around some more, Alfarinn made a nice contented sigh, still holding his blanket to his chest and closed his eyes feigning sleep. Of course the temptation to touch his 'blanket' would not allow him to keep up the pretense for long. He ran his hands along the backs of Thaddeus's legs, gliding them along calves and thighs and paying special attention to the indention between the two.

"I think I should snuggle more comfortably under this blanket."Â?

He eased down so that Thaddeus's knees were over his shoulder and ran his hands along the curve of firm cheeks and onto the small of his lover's back before sliding his hands around and underneath. Dragging them in two long slow lines, his fingertips lightly brushed Thaddeus's length as they passed. Curving his hands along the insides of his lover's thighs, Alfarinn noted.

"You know, my blanket seems to have decoration hanging from it. I am one of those people notorious for playing with things..."Â?

He tried to sound innocent despite the sly grin.

"I don't suppose you'd slide up so I could take a closer look?"Â?
Thaddeus gave a light smile as he found his legs gripped and held, tilting his head to let his hair tickle Alfarinn’s ankles and pleased to see they were both enjoying each other from this admittedly different perspective. He supposed it was only natural to have those brief moments of uncertainty and found they only made the reward of discovering just how well matched they were all the more satisfying, though he hoped Alfarinn didn’t have buried misgivings. He made a slight startled noise when his lover rolled them both over, though this new arrangement was hardly unpleasant, and tilted his head up to lightly kiss long pale toes.

Alright, perhaps he was worried over nothing with regard to buried misgivings.

Ah, so he was a blanket now, was he? Thaddeus grinned at the thought, wondering if he provided suitable coverage for such a role, and thinking that he was likely the most mobile blanket Alfarinn had encountered, if nothing else. In an effort to be a reasonably good warming device, he settled more comfortably on top of his lover after making an almost entirely failed effort to crane his neck around and see Alfarinn’s expression. His lover had gone still, simply settling and holding on, and that usually meant he was up to something. Soon enough, though, he felt Alfarinn’s hands running over his skin.

There was something unbearably erotic about not being able to see what his lover would do next, to simply feel instead. Feeling cool hands running up his legs, his feet twitching a little as Alfarinn brushed over the sensitive skin on the insides of his knees. His scalp still tingled where his lover had touched his hair, and wasn’t that an interesting sensation in and of itself? Considering he had always thought he didn’t like his hair being touched, but then everything had felt so natural with Alfarinn, from the beginning really, and most of those moments of initial tension came not from those first casual touches but the surprise he felt in not minding in the least. It still amazed him, a little, that he could end up in these decidedly vulnerable positions and feel nothing but the utmost enjoyment…and trust.

Not to mention that there was quite a bit of finery available to his hands as well, which he was shameless in taking advantage of, echoing Alfarinn’s light touch over lean limbs. He smiled at Alfarinn’s desire to make himself more comfortable, wondering what he had in mind as one finger spiraled up his lover’s leg.

“This is…”

He broke off when Alfarinn scooted down, hardly realizing he was speaking at all in the first place. The dual pleasures of more skin exposed to his own ministrations and Alfarinn working his way further up his legs was quite enough to distract him completely.

When those deft hands slid underneath him, though, Thaddeus let out a slow breath, speaking surprisingly thickly as his eyes fell momentarily closed.

“God.”

He was quick enough to comply with the request with a breathless chuckle, torn between amusement and desire, too much a mix of both to keep a cool demeanor. He did, however, enjoy the trip, gliding his hands along the outside of well muscled legs as he scooted upward and pausing to nuzzle Alfarinn’s inner thigh.

"I think that could be arranged."

After a bit of shuffling on his part, being careful not to put elbows or knees anywhere they didn’t properly belong, he managed to settle so his hips were aligned with Alfarinn’s shoulder. Smiling at this arrangement, he leaned down, keeping his hands on Alfarinn’s thighs and rubbing his cheek lightly along his lover’s length. He turned slightly, letting his lips brush against hardened flesh as he spoke.

“Mmm. Look what –I- found.”

Raising both eyebrows at his new ‘discovery’, he unconsciously licked his lips before dragging just the lower one slowly down.