Oh, and you call -me- a pig?

Nova tugged on the hem of her neon blue tee shirt with the words ‘I love lamp’ emblazoned in orange across the front and made her way down the hall to Kyle’s apartment.

Yeah, no idea if he was home. And she sure as hell wasn’t invited. And Jesus but had she managed to shrink this tee shirt?

She gave a knock on the door, part one of ‘shave and a hair cut’ and waited to see if he would put in the other half. If not, well, there were other ways to get in.

Hmm. Was breaking into your boyfriend’s apartment normal behavior? Nova thought not, but if Kyle thought he’d picked up someone normal it was best to disabuse him of that notion right quick.

Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle thought he heard knocking, but then he thought he was sitting at a bar getting drunk. Dreams had a way of fucking with you like that. His head jerked up at the soft noise downstairs and he peered at the clock from his sprawled out position on the bed.

Fuck, he needed sleep. His body clock was now all sorts of fucked up. He had barely gotten home from eating at that diner and meeting that chick with the gun. Kyle was exhausted and now someone was knocking at his door. Pushing himself up off the bed, he tripped on some shoes as he rounded the corner to the door. He had managed to undress down to his boxers and didn't care to pull on anything over it. Stumbling down the stairs he yelled at the intruder.

'ALRIGHT.'

He knocked the boxes near the door, the same boxes that have sat there for the better part of 2 years, with his shins and he cursed a blue streak. With a sneer he pulled open the door, leaning with one hand against the door frame, sour face in place.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova gave the door a thoughtful look, wondering if she could do like in the movies and just kick it in the right spot, but bellowing from inside the house proved this plan unnecessary. She seemed to recall Alec knowing about that kind of stuff though; hey, maybe he even had those suction cup thingies to scale the smooth glass that covered the outside of the high rise. Nova chuckled at that mental image. Finally the door opened and she grabbed an eyeful of Kyle in almost all his glory before registering the crabby look on his face.

She shot him a wide grin.

“Why –Evans-, was that –you- cursing up a storm in there or are you hiding a crew of sailors in your apartment?”

She considered that mental image for a moment and decided that was just weird.

“Color me impressed.” She leaned against the door frame. “I didn’t know you had it in you.” With a wink, she looked around the entrance to the apartment before turning back to Mr. Cranky Boxers. “Didn’t wake you up did I?”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle bent his arm so he was closer to Nova. Despite his grumpy attitude he leered at her. Her tight shirt was most pleasing to the eye and his southern regions agreed. Letting go of the door and scratching his bare chest, he shrugged.

'Aye, Captain,' he said with a lazy grin. 'And I'm unpacking still.' Granted for the past two years but he wasn't going to share that information.

Kyle leaned in close, his face hovering over hers. He tugged suggestively at her shirt and gave her a rather stubbled smile. ''I was hoping to see you around soon.'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova gave Kyle a mock salute, pleased that he didn’t seem annoyed at her drop in.

“Huh. I figured you just got a bunch of stuff delivered while you were out.”

Did the “I’m still unpacking” thing mean “My apartment is messy, you can’t come in.”? Nova wasn’t sure; he’d seen her rooms in quite a state and she hadn’t much cared, but maybe Evans was weird about that stuff. He moved closer and that could be encouraging…or he could be trying to get her to take a step back. Did he mean it when he indicated he was happy to see her?

Was she just thinking way, waaaaaaay too much?

“Yeah…well…er…” Wondering what the hell was wrong with her, she pretty much gave up on the talking thing for a minute and threw one arm rather suddenly around Kyle’s neck, resting the other flat over his well shaped abs, and pulled him in for a sound kiss.

After a moment she pulled back, feeling a little less awkward.

“Can I come in?”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle smiled into her sudden kiss. He was happy to see her and as always, her roughness made him chuckle. When she disengaged, he looked around his hallway.

'Well yeah, you better come in or else my neighbors will get a rather embarassing surprise.' His boxers were betraying him and he wrapped his arm around her waist and hoisted her in, slamming the door behind them.

Kyle pulled her close again, pushing her back towards the stairs, kissing her as he practically dragged her across the floor. He pulled back suddenly and asked,
'Wait...you came here for sex right or were you wanting to talk or something equally boring?'

Just then Kyle's phone started to ring. He looked at it and then back at her. 'Make up your mind. You here to chat...I pick up the phone, you here to hump then well...duh.'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova grinned at the invitation, a little surprised at being pulled into the apartment…and down the hall. She didn’t worry too much about where he was leading her, preferring to focus on kissing Kyle back and not tripping over herself.

She figured maybe he really was glad to see her. There was a fleeting thought that maybe she was going soft, considering she hadn’t so much as kicked Kyle’s shin when he made what was probably a pretty rude comment…but it was kinda sorta true anyway.

“Well I wasn’t planning on being quite so shameless about it but hell…” She grinned her way into another kiss, flicking her tongue lightly over his lower lip. Then the phone had to go and ring…awful fucking late for telemarketers too. She was tempted to say ‘fuck the phone’ but not only did that sound a little weird from a literal point of view, it seemed like kind of a shitty thing to do. She did give him a playful slap on his outer thigh for his mouth this time, though she was smiling as she did it. “Mmmm, see who it is, though I don’t promise not to do bad things to you while you talk.”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle pointed a finger at her chin, tapping it. 'That is SO hot.' He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to the phone, picking it up quickly.

'Whoever this is...THANK YOU for calling.'

'Kyle...It's you're uncle.'

'Hey,' Kyle pinched Nova softly on her tush, 'What's up Uncle Leo?'

'The site...we found some bodies.'

'Yeah I know, I was there.' Kyle's eyebrows furrowed. His uncle sounded distraught which...wasn't his Uncle. He tried to keep a smile on his face while he played with Nova in his arms.

'No, Kyle. We found the bodies of my men. They were...torn...apart. Something down there bled them dry...'

Kyle grabbed Nova by the arm and stopped her. He looked her in the eyes, trying to make sense of what Leo had said. If he was saying what he thought he was saying then...

'Uncle Leo, what do you mean something down in the warehouse rubble murdered your men?' Could it be another vampire? It had to be, right? Kyle looked at Nova, hoping she'd understand because he sure as shit didn't want to.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova raised her eyebrows flirtatiously and stumbled along after Kyle as he went to answer the phone. Really, was he going to start dragging her around by the hair next? Truth be told it was kind of fun to be with a guy big enough to toss her around like she was some sort of petite thing but one of these days she was going to end up on her ass.

She tried not to laugh out loud at Kyle’s not so welcoming manners. Sure was funny when someone else was on the receiving end though. Instead she ran one hand up his back, all the way up to his neck, through his hair, down around one ear, only vaguely registering the conversation…

And then Kyle was grabbing her arm, stopping her. She gave him a ‘what the fuck’ look before he spoke again, indicating the weight of his current conversation. Alright, so nobody wanted to be groped while they were talking about murders and shit, that was fine, but what was he looking at her for? She pulled away, unnerved, and gave a bewildered shrug. She didn’t know anything about any dead people at the warehouse rubble and Kyle’s direct stare was making her jumpy.

Hmm. Warehouse rubble.

Shit.

She took another step back, extremely uneasy now, and shook her head violently. Hell, it might have been one of her own but she sure as fuck hadn’t heard anything.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle sat on the back of his couch and finished his call with his Uncle, assuring him that he'd look into the murders. Hanging up he rubbed the stubble on his face and looked at Nova.

'You know...I hadn't even considered how things would change with you being in your world...and me in mine.'

He wasn't accusing her of anything, but the look on her face didn't give the impression that he was convincing her of that. It couldn't have been that woman Simon was helping rescue, although he heard the gunshot and only he came out...it wasn't like he actually saw her die. Something either went down there or came out...either way it put him in an akward position being a human who was now aware.

'He's my Uncle, Nova. Is he...in danger?'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova gave Kyle a wary look before perching on the edge of the couch, letting him finish his talk. She shrugged and picked at a loose string on the hem of her tee shirt when he made his comment about their two worlds. He’d done a pretty good job of getting into things on his own without her help but she supposed she could understand being guilty by proximity. She was an easy target. It wasn’t like he was being an ass about it though; just worried about his family.

“Hell. Aren’t we all.”

She mulled over the situation for a moment before continuing.

“You’re sure it was one of us?” She gave the string a good tug, trying to snap it off, and only succeeded in bunching up the hem. “No one should be messing with your family. And non Tacharans shouldn’t be fucking around on our territory. We’ve got problems, Tacharans aren’t saints but I don’t think killing four people and leaving them for anyone to find is our MO.”

She scooted over a little, closer to Kyle, and reached for her bright yellow phone. “Simon needs to know about this. May not be able to give you any more answers but this could be just as much a threat to us as it is to you. Either that or someone in Tacharan did something deeply stupid.”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle wasn't sure who she meant by 'one of us'. Either the clan or her species? He didn't feel like getting into the semantics of it.

'Well, I can't expect you all to stay away from everything in my life...I certainly want you around.' He grinned at her and slapped her hand away from the piece of string she was fussing with. Clamping down on the material of her shirt, he pulled the errant string off. Then he smoothed it out, not realizing that he was even doing the oddly domesticated action.

Nova mentioned informing Simon, not as a courtesy but as a necessity. Apparently Simon was slowly becoming the Overseer of his life. Kyle wasn't sure how he felt about that, but he would be interested to know what Simon would do about the situation. From what he knew about Nova's clan, this didn't seem out of the ordinary, but if she said it was...he shrugged, he'd believe her. He wondered if he shouldn't tell Nova about his police interrogation. He had gotten a message earlier at his office about the DA's office wanting to speak to him again. He mentioned it casually to her.

'Tomorrow I've been summoned,' he rolled his eyes,' to the District Attorney's office. I would imagine my popping up in two major terrorist events makes me a person of interest. I hope you'll see me in jail for conjugal visits.' He gave her a grin.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova looked askance at Kyle when he picked off the loose string, then grinned a little and rested her head on his shoulder.

“Heh, I didn’t know I came with quite –this- much baggage.”

She fiddled with the phone for a minute, thinking over everything she ought to say to Simon, when Kyle mentioned the district attorney.

“Fucking pigs.”

She hoped it was nothing serious, but meeting with the DA seemed like a big deal. It was reasonable to expect witnesses to get some questions…that’s all this was, right? The idea that Kyle, in spite of his occasional angry rants, had blown up two buildings was laughable.

“Could do. I’d tell everyone you were my prison bitch and bake you cakes with files in them.” She frowned. “Well maybe not so much with the cakes.”

She should probably mention that to Simon as well; she wasn’t sure who the current DA was in bed with but at best he could get those people to back off and at worst he would know and offer some advice.

“Lemmie give Simon a ring. I don’t want to be thinking about needing to call him while were having sex, that would just be weird.” She butted her head against Kyle’s shoulder and grinned. Things were weird, things were scary, but if you couldn’t enjoy a good roll in the hay, where were you then?

With that, she navigated to Simon’s number and hit to dial.
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Simon was watching Carol undress in silence. She hadn't spoken to him since leaving the lobby and the meeting after the aftermath. She hadn't left his side, but he didn't need their bonded link to know she was upset with him.

He opened his mouth to say something to her when his phone vibrated against his chest. He remained in the shadow of her closet doorway and pulled his phone out. It was Nova. Stepping back into her office, he closed the connecting door quietly.

Flipping open the phone to answer, he spoke softly.
'Hello, Nova.'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova raised one eyebrow and switched her phone to the other ear when Simon answered, glad she had reached him.

“Yo Simon. Uh…we got anyone over by the warehouse rubble? You might have heard already, four guys got taken out in the ruins and…oh, I’m over at Evans’ place by the way…anyway, so we were kinda concerned. Er…oh, and apparently Evans’ uncle is in the mix, that’s how we found out. So…yeah, you know what gives?”

She realized she was rambling and thought Simon might actually like to speak at some point in the conversation, so she broke herself off and nudged Kyle’s foot with her own.
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Simon's forehead furrowed into a wrinkled landscape of confusion. Who would be so dumb as to hunt and leave evidence? To have total disregard for their species?

A chill moved into the office, raising goosebumps up his neck.

'No,' he murmured,' I don't know what's going on. I'll have our human Medical Examiner look into it.'

Simon was referring to Dr. Ava Kaufmann. He hadn't actually spoken to her since before things started changing with Carol, so that would be interesting. She wasn't his familiar, but more of an ocassional companion. He looked back at the connecting door and winced. Yeah that wasn't going to be good.

'Thanks for letting me know.'

In the back of his mind, a little seed began to grow. It was a black, hateful dark seed that would niggle at him until he was positive that the only thing feeding that seed was the ashes of Ellis Duban.

((OOC - out pending response))
Nova 18 years ago
Nova gave Kyle an ambiguous little shrug while Simon spoke, indicating that her clan leader didn’t know the deal yet. Not wanting to bother Simon with unimportant details right now, she was relieved that he seemed to think this was significant enough to warrant a closer look.

“No problem. Hey, maybe the medical examiner what’s her face could put in a word for Evans? DA is sniffing around him. Anyway, just wanted to give you a ring, let you know the deal and all. Talk to you later!”

The conversation closed, she turned back to Kyle and rested her chin on his shoulder.

“He’ll check it out; didn’t know anything about it though.”

And…what else did one say in these situations? Oh, right.

“Uh, condolences about your uncle’s guys though.” She made an awkward sort of face, as though saying polite things was akin to speaking Portuguese to her.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle smirked at her awkward condolences. 'I appreciate that,' he murmured. He sighed and pushed some of her brown hair out of her face.

'How's about I chase you up the stairs and we screw? Sound like a plan?'

Kyle batted his eyelashes and gave her a quick zerber on her neck. He had a feeling moments like this might be few and far between, so he'd take what he was given and try not to waste a good thing. He'd talk to his Uncle later and then visit the DA's office and reintroduce himself to the young lady he met at the Ball before it decided to blow up on him. She was the cute little asian girl who's name was confusing. We. They. No it was You...sounding. Yew-ee?

Kyle shook off the thought and prepared to chase Nova up into his bedroom for some much needed loving.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova pulled her head away and let the loose strands fall back in her face, giving Kyle a belligerent look.

“What, you trying to fix me?” She gave him a nudge with her shoulder, grinning. “Lost cause man.”

Then Kyle proposed his plan, which she thought was brilliant, though she made the appropriate noises of protest at the raspberry to her neck, jumping off the couch and wiping at the mostly imagined slobber. Once done with that performance, she took another casual step back and dropped her voice to something more seductive.

“That sounds like something we could ar…” And then she was off, bolting for the stairs at full speed, skipping two and three at a time and, inevitably, missing her footing near the top. After sliding down a good five steps, barking her shin, she scrambled mostly to her feet and made it the rest of the way up, still feeling she’d provided a reasonably good chase as she made her way to the bedroom.

/ooc Nova and Kyle fuc…I mean, Nova and Kyle out :X