Shopping, lunch and home again. (lock)

Wren turned left outside the internet cafe and made her way down The Strip. She stopped in front of a few shops, but nothing in their displays called to her. She stood for an even longer time in front of a shop that had some of the most yummy shoes she'd ever seen. Judging by the brand names etched in the bottom of the glass, it would take a weeks tips just to buy the left shoe, so she moved on.

A few doors down stood the elegant window dressing of a lingerie shop. She pulled her lip into her mouth as she debated going in. She had plenty of bras and panties, most of which were less than six months old. But if she and Drev were going to have more than just that one night, 'Are we going to? I hope so.' then she needed more than that one little set. Sure it was cute and sexy, but even for her it would get old. She also needed more thigh highs and lingerie stores were the best for that.

Nodding to herself, she pushed open the door and went inside. The walls were warm dark pink colors and the place screamed elegant feminity until you looked straight back and spotted leather. 'Oh, boy, I'm in trouble, with a capital T.'

A sales girl approached and she and Wren talked for a while about what Wren wanted and for time of day and color preferences. She then asked Wren to remove her jacket and measured her bust, waist, and hips. She then showed Wren a dressing room and asked her to go ahead and get undressed and she'd bring her some things. Shrugging Wren undressed and studied her body in the full length mirror.

'I need a wax again, and some sit ups wouldn't hurt. What is that?' She looked down and found a small bruise at the top of her pubic bone. 'Well I'll be damned. I've never heard of getting bruised by sex, not like that anyway. I'll have to show Drev. Ok that is just too weird for words, that I want to show him, and that I think it's funny. I wonder what colors I should get. I should ask if he likes soft colors like that one set or the more traditional red and black. Maybe I should get something in white, not then I'll just look like a ghost and that is way too creepy. '

The lady knocked and slid several hangers over the top of the door, Wren took them from her and put them on one of the many hooks in the tiny room. For over an hour she tried on more lingerie than she'd owned in her life. Finally she told the sales girl she'd had enough and put her own clothes back on. She handed everything she didn't want to the girl and took the three pieces up to the counter. She was tempted to go look at the leather corsets, but they were obviously not for outer wear and so she'd just go to the goth store she'd seen a sign for earlier.

The girl wrapped the red, and black sets, and the robin's egg blue gown in their own little bits of tissue and placed them into an elegant bag before taking her credit card and making her cringe with the total. Wren signed the slip, thanked the girl and left and headed down the Strip. After what she'd just spent the goth store was just going to have to wait.

She would, however, comfort herself with lunch. Her stomach growled in agreement and she walked into a small greek restaurant. It smelled heavenly. She ordered a salad and iced tea. She ate in peaceful solitude, thinking about her life the past few weeks. It was amazing to her what she'd done. She had taken control for the first time in her entire life and she loved it. If she could just find a job here in Nachton, she'd be on cloud nine instead of just cloud eight.

Her lunch finished she paid the nice girl that had waited on her and stepped back out into the gusty wind of the Strip. She lifted her arm to hail a cab and spotted a body jewelry store. It advertised having jewelry for all facial and body piercings and provided a piercing service. While Wren didn't plan to pierce her body the sign drew her in with the though of buying Drev a thank you present.

She walked inside and let her eyes adjust to the black light interior. A very pierced young lady with very pink hair greeted her. She smiled shyly and asked where the lip jewelry was.

"Which kind?"

"Oh um, here." she pointed to just below her lip and above her chin.

"Oh," the girl smiled and moved down her counter. "That's a labret. What size are you looking for?"

"There are sizes?"

She gave a small laugh. "Tell you what. What does he?" Wren nodded "usually wear in it."

"A spikey thing."

"Ok, I'll put all three sizes up here and you pick the one that looks most like it, ok?"

"Great!" She smiled at the girl and approached the counter as she pulled pieces out and set them on a glowing black piece of fabric. Wren looked at them and then closed her eyes to bring Drev's fave up into her mind's eye. It was much easier than she'd thought it would be and that startled her slightly. She looked back down at the spikes and picked the one in the middle.

"14 gauge. Those are here." She pointed down into a back lit case and Wren stared at the foreign looking jewelry. She finally decided on a black kiss shaped one. The girl put it in a small black box with their company logo, and then into a small black bag. Both had places of white that glowed in the stores black lighting. Wren paid for the jewelry, which surprised her by being not all together expensive, and left the store.

She blinked heavily in the bright sunshine and hailed a cab to take her home. Butterflies took up residence in her belly the closer they got, and she found herself nervous and excited to be going home to someone. 'I'm just full of firsts.' She snickered to herself and began to hum "I wanna grow old with you."