Investigation into the Ball bombing

'Fuck, my back.'

Yuu hobbled up the steps into the courthouse. She had been put on sick leave until her ribs had healed but she had work to do. She pulled the long skirt covering her black buckled boots as she made her way towards her office.

She had only been active in her office a couple weeks when the ball bombing happened, coming on the heels of the other major event, the warehouse inferno. Nachton had proven to be fairly busy. She paused before she opened the door into the district attorney's pen and straightened, much to her back's objections. Yuu rolled her shoulders and walked in with a confident gait.

'Who's working on the ball bombing?' She yelled out as she made her way back to her office. 'I want everything - all the information gathered so far and pictures. Get me the pictures taken at the ball. I want it all.'

Her assistant approached her and copied her pace. 'Shouldn't you be in bed...dazed and confused?'

Yuu flicked a look at the taller woman and sneered. She had been dazed, confused and quite bind. Something was up and she might have been played and it was pissing her off to no end.

'I've been off duty far too long. Move like you have a purpose, please.'

The assistant handed Yuu a folder. 'Aye, captain.'

Officer 18 years ago
Detective Lawrence Patrone casually walked into the district attorney's office bullpen shouldering his laptop and a stack of folders under his arm. Knocking on the ADA's door, he let himself in.

'Howdy. ADA Yuu...ka...kow?' He butchered her name, although not on purpose. Patrone was from Harlem, well educated but had a ridiculously stupid sense of humor. Women loved him, men wanted to be him...or beat him up, it could go either way usually.

Slamming the folders on her desk, he opened up the first file and pushed it towards her. He set up his laptop and started his speech.

'These are the pictures from the Mayor's press team. We have a list of everyone who was there and a list of the staff. Granted we can't find half the staff considering most of the explosion was centered below the ballroom, close to the basement kitchens.'

Patrone threw his arms in the air and made a BOOM sound.

'One thing of interest though. With the recent explosion of the Hillman warehouse at the docks, we're spread pretty thin, however, there is one common denominator.'

Leaning over Patrone planted his hand in a loud slap on the picture that was in the open folder.

'Kyle Evans was present for both.'
Yuu 18 years ago
Yuu rolled her eyes at the mispronunciation of her name.

'Right yeah, close enough.'

She listened to his speech and then looked down at the picture he so loudly was pointing out.

'Kyle Evans the...reporter, right? For the Times? You think he has something to do with this? Where's his file, from the warehouse. He's been interviewed right?'

Kyle Evans was the last person on her mind. A person of interest for the case yes, but inconsequential to her. She thumbed through the folders and found the list of guests.

Without looking up she asked, 'Where is the list for the foreign dignitaries that were invited that night?'

Patrone straightened and gave her an odd look. Digging through the folders, he located the list and handed it to her.

'I'm looking for someone. He would've been seated up on the balcony, an asian dignitary possibly.' She looked through the list and found the asian names. There was a huge entourage but her eyes narrowed in on one name.

Nakayama Hiroshi.

'This man.' She circled the name with a stray pen on her desk and turned the list around. 'I want you to find out who this man is.'
Officer 18 years ago
Patrone's eyes narrowed at the circled name.

Nakayama Hiroshi

With a shrug, he nodded. 'Will do.' He had been on shit detail since the incident with his precinct Captain's 20 year old hot daughter. Running back and forth as the DA's liaison to the precinct was far more boring than he had been threatened with. He was off the street and more importantly, away from the fun stuff. Digging into the background of a foreign VIP should prove to be fun.

'You guys have Evans coming in, if you're going to interview him, can I be present for that?' He gave her a charming smile and held his hand out. 'I'm sorry, I'm Detective Patrone. Lawrence Patrone.'
Yuu 18 years ago
Yuu's forehead broke out in a thin sheet of sweat. The pain in her back was throbbing to meltdown proportions but now her intrest was piqued. Looking up at the detective she tilted her head and smiled.

'Bring me some information...good information,' she held her hand out and shook his, 'I'll even let you ask a question, Detective Patrone.'

Evans was an easy thing to trade. She was much more interested in why this Nakayama Hiroshi spoke to Tai before he fell. The word he said occured to her in the hospital. It was oddly forgotten at the time but the japanese prints helped her remember.

Yakuza.