Wren's Store

Wren
Wren will be out doing so job hunting and shopping again, and I wonder if there would be buildings adjacent to Meridian tower that would be owned by Meridian, and would thus give my poor little niave Wren a chance to step blindly into the vampire world.

I want her to remain oblivious for now, but I do want her to have to step inside vampire territory. Honestly I think it might make for an interesting story line.

My idea is to have her walk past a store front being advertised for lease and it have the perfect set up for a dance school (at least in her mind) and she decides to seize the opportunity. If she did this would she need go to Meridian proper to lease the space or would that be taken care of out of the towers?

Ok hopefully that all made sense. Let me know what you think and if it is a doable thing.

~Sarah

I don't know. Would Meridian own the surrounding real estate? And if they did would they rent it out?

I suppose there is good reason for them to control it. They wouldn't want Anantya parking spies next door or something but if they did own the things around the area, they probably wouldn't make it so obvious by having the Meridian name on it. Probably owned by various people and other lesser companies. Wouldn't you think?

Aishe 18 years ago
Hrm. It's a neat idea, but I don't see the Towers (two big enormous highrises) as being surrounded by a bunch of small shops at all. Could she maybe rent a studio inside another larger building or something? I just sorta see Meridian as being surrounded by other highrises. It seems like that sort of area.

I can see Meridian controlling surrounding properties, sure. My guess is though, they wouldn't those run by anyone but Meridian/Evenhet associates. So perhaps she could rent say, a floor of a building from a landlord who's in-the-know?

What is that, a sub-let? The landlord is Meridian's agent, in other words. She wouldn't be renting directly from Meridian itself.

Am I making sense?
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Exactly on the renting not being done by Meridian proper. That would be my thought there also.

I always saw it surrounded by other high rises also.
Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
I say they own the whole block!

In any case, I think the subletting a floor of a high rise works fine. I know when I worked downtown there were companies with coffee bars and delis open to the public; you didn't have to work at the company to walk into the lobby and get yourself a burger. Would Meridian have something like that, where maybe everyone on the block goes there for lunches and stuff?
Er, I only ask because I'm wondering how she can meet more Evenhet and the like. Hell, there are people in the towers proper who don't know the deal, just thinking of ways to bring her in
Aishe 18 years ago
I imagine there'd be places like that... although with the Mall inside the Towers I'd be more tempted to just ride the elevator for my lunch.

I'm sure it can work, just with a little tweaking!
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Yeah I would say she could rent a floor of a highrise from one of Evenhet's Real Estate Companies.

I don't think we're going to be allowing people into our mall (mostly because its in the clan forum) or anything unless she wants to become an human member of Meridian or something. With Evenhet being a clan that has more contact with humans I don't mind that option.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Okay so how's this?

Meridian Towers are in a highrise part of the city so the building Wren is likely to come across is a multi storied building but it would be reasonable to assume they have space for a Studio along with other shops in the same building. She might have things like a deli of coffee shop on the ground floor that would be a local meeting place of some of Evenhet and Meridian's employees to enjoy when they wished to actually step out of the Towers.

If the company were owned by Meridian were you hoping to RP in clan areas or just in the Meridian Towers? Does she just do dance instruction or does she also do anything like Tai Chi, Yoga or fitness training?

I'm thinking if she does more than just dance Meridian might hire her to teach fitness classes or something in the gym in Liefde. Got to keep the employees healthy and all that. I think having employee morning Tai Chi and stuff would be awesome. Wish Sprint had done that ^_^

But if so we'd have a reason to let her be a human and a part of the clan...sort of like our reckless menace.
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
I just wanted to add that I rp'd the building Kyle lives in, the high rise condo, is owned by Evenhet. =x
Aishe 18 years ago
we're everywhere!
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Go Us! Meridian Estates!

Its all about ME!

Or you know some better name. So is this good because I haven't sent it to her yet.
That sounds great to me.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Okay sent
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Her Answer:

Wren
It would just be in Meridian Towers, she would not presume to be allowed or welcomed in Clan areas as a mere human. She would just give dance instruction, for children through adults, ballet, tap, and jazz during the week, and ballroom on Saturday nights.

Wren is not trained in any martial art nor in yoga. However, if their were interest she could offer a fitness through dance program.

My Response:

Alfarinn
Evenhet is more kindly disposed towards humans. The thought was that if she were to teach a fitness class in Liefde, the residence tower, we could give her access as a Meridian employee. It wouldn't mean she knows what's going on yet but it would give her more contact with Meridian and Evenhet both so anything could happen. This would be in addition to her studio not instead of it but it might help you by giving you more places and reasons to interact with Evenhet.
*grins* very good then
Aishe 18 years ago
Welcome to Evenhet, the human-friendly vampires!

From, Aishe... Evenhet's token "pet human."

:P
Alfarinn 18 years ago
*pats Aishe on the head and gives her a cookie* Go find Artemis's lab and see if there are any buttons to push.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
I've been working on a class schedule for her studio. She could offer an evening and a lunch time fitness class with in Meridian. I think it would make for interesting role play.

My question now would be more fesable for her to walk past the studio space or see it in a newspaper add? Would she inquire about this space with in Meridian or in an office out side the towers? Would she be better off offering classes to just adults or is it realistic for her to expect to fill children's and adult classes?

As I've worked it out right now, she can offer all age and levels of adult and children, but I can remove some of those classes if need be. And since she's all excited about this I've had to write up class descriptions, dress codes, rules, and tuition pages as well. If you would like them I can put them in a .doc and send them to someone's email.

I am guessing she could meet someone in the Towers? I'm guessing Meridian owning the area around their Tower isn't too terribly strange if they have a real estate company. Does Dani want to talk to her about setting up some classes for Liefde maybe after hearing a studio is going up nearby? I would think to her first question that either way is fine. There is probably a sign on the building saying SPACE for RENT and an ad, maybe a billboard ad.
Dani could certainly do such a thing. She's fond of fitness so she might take a class and try to get her to come to Liefde.

As for the other stuff, I think either the newspaper ad or seeing a space for rent sign is possible, that could be up to her. I don't think she would need to meet at Meridian in order to rent the space.

I'll go ahead and PM her then.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
alrighty
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Still nothing from Wren?