Fair Warning

Well it has finally happened. My doctor finally agreed with me!

On March 30th I will be having surgery to remove my uterus, endometriosis and scar tissue. They will also remove my left ovary if the cyst I have there has damaged it, otherwise they will leave them both. I will retain my right ovary either way.

Now before you all tell me how sorry you are for me, let me tell you that this is the best thing that has happened in the girl problem department in the last five years. I have lived with constant pain in my belly for that long and it is finally going away.

Having said all of that, I will be completely out of commission for at least one week after the surgery and then I will be able to spend short stints at the computer the week after. According to the doctor anyway. They told me that about my galbladder surgery too and I was fine in about three days, so we'll see. I will try and make sure my characters are in ignorable places and finish up or put on hold any story lines.

So now you know, and knowledge is power.

(PS this includes Meegan and Wren too. )

Aishe 18 years ago
Congrats and good luck Ginnie! I hope everything goes well for you and you have a speedy and mostly painless recovery... we'll be thinking about ya.
Fiona 18 years ago
Oh that is good news! Hope all goes well and make sure you rest up after!
Alexandra 18 years ago
We'll be thinking of you hun, hope all goes well and we see you back soon /hug
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
((suddenly even more happy to have external genitalia))

Well...good luck with all that? Less pain is always a good thing.

I'd provide some sort of insight and moral support, but those "female issue" things cause.../panic.

Take care!
Shay 18 years ago
Hey, I'm all over the no pain thing...and with having had bad cases of endometriosis, I know of what you speak. As was previously said, here's hoping its all done uneventfully, and you're back to fighting speed again, quickly!
Hugs and sending good thoughts!
Pakpao 18 years ago
crikey. well best of luck to you. here's hoping everything goes well and you recover fast!
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Be peaceful and well I'm sure everything will be fine and surgery that makes things better is the good kind of medicine.
Ginnie 18 years ago
*snerk* I read my post, and boy do I sound defensive. Sorry about that, I've had to listen to "You poor thing" a lot lately.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. I should be all apprehensive and stuff, but mostly I'm excited. I'll worry later.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
I was rather excited about my last one too. This one was one that I could be awake for but I layed down and I warned him I might go to sleep on him. I don't think he believed me at the time. He had to constantly ask me if I was still there, awake, how you doin? all that. Fine.. just laying here chilling out, listening.

I think having a good attitude about it will really help you with it. Physical problems always seem to me to be helped or hindered by your outlook. This guy and I both had similiar injuries at the same time and were going to the same physical therapist. He was complaining about his from the moment he hobbled in until the time I left.

Mine was healed and I was walking again, working on balancing exercises and flexibility. He could barely move his ankle, couldn't walk and it did not seem to be healing very well. We were also around the same age. There are probably other factors that played into it but I think his defeated attitude wasn't helping him any.

You healed well from your last one and seem to have a good feeling about this one. That's a major help in my opinion. =) Good Luck
Mathias 18 years ago
Luck kiddo!
Cyrus 18 years ago
Congratulations! Hope the surgery goes smoothly and your life gets back to normal but minus pain asap.
Maeve 18 years ago
Good luck hon, and I wish you a very speedy recovery. So glad you're not going to have to go through that pain anymore.
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
Yikes.... Since you're happy about it then congratulations. Just take it easy and take care of yourself!!! And don;t worry we will all take good care of your gals =D
Rachyl 18 years ago
Just wanted to let everyone know I've heard from Ginnie's husband - her RL one, Alec, shush - and he says she's doing okay, and will very likely come home later today.
Alexandra 18 years ago
That's really good to hear, hope she will be back with us soon
Fallon 18 years ago
So glad to hear it! Sending her all good thoughts!
Cyrus 18 years ago
Yay!!!
Aishe 18 years ago
Hooray Ginnie! Speedy recovery to ya!
Alfarinn 18 years ago
That's good news. Best wishes to her.
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Whee!