Hangovers and Productivity...

To: [EMAIL="pakpao.metharom@meridian.org"]pakpao.metharom@meridian.org[/EMAIL] (IT)
Cc:
From: [EMAIL="kem.raaisu@meridian.org"]kem.raaisu@meridian.org[/EMAIL] (Archives)
Subject: Sunglasses

Should have stayed in tonight. They're all staring at me. I think it's because I've got sunglasses on. Who made the lights in here so damn bright, anyway?

Your program is running fine, btw. We can't crash it to save our lives. I've got several of our most diligent computer-crashers working on it right now, but there hasn't been a single explosion. Not even so much as a spark. You did too good a job.

If they can't mess this search engine p soon I'm going to have to bust out the roller derby.

-KR

Pakpao 18 years ago
To: [email]kem.raaisu@meridian.org[/email] (Archives)
Cc:

Subject: Re: Sunglasses

The beauties of telecommuting, I’m not coming down until they need me.

Glad the program is working out. I’ve almost got version 1.2 ready for you, complete with big red buttons to push; click on any way. If you get the lights to dim I might even be talked into installing it.

But no roller derby, my head hurts.

PM
Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
To: [EMAIL="pakpao.metharom@meridian.org"]pakpao.metharom@meridian.org[/EMAIL] (IT)
Cc:
From: [EMAIL="kem.raaisu@meridian.org"]kem.raaisu@meridian.org[/EMAIL] (Archives)

Telecommuting... *sob* Undeath is so unfair sometimes. Feel free to come install it, but leave the damned screwdriver UNDER the table this time, please. One death-defying dance act a week is my limit.

Lights are down... archivists looking shifty at me, as the lights in here are already pretty dim to begin with. Pretty sure they're not fooled. Probably the sunglasses are a giveaway.

-KR
Pakpao 18 years ago
Cc:

Subject: Re: Re: Sunglasses

LOL! They probably love knowing the boss came in with a hang over. Just don’t turn the lights down too low or you’ll have OSHA on your ass and then I’ll be forced to tell them about you trying to run me over and drop a box of un-filed documents on me.

If you want the program installed you’ll have to show more respect to the screwdriver. Without it I am nothing.

PM
Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
Cc:

The boss? You make me sound old or something. But if I'm the boss then the damn lights are staying down for at least half the day. I can handle 'old' if that gives me complete and total control of all lightsources.

And I suppose you can't be the Patron St of Nothing, so fine... bring the screwdriver. But I am not, I repeat, NOT doing an encore.

-KR
Pakpao 18 years ago
Cc:

I wouldn’t think it would take much for me to make you sound old…

What if I bring my screwdrivers and some singles? Will you dance then?

Let me know when you get the elevator lights dimmed and then we’ll talk. I mean what would the staff think if I showed up wearing sunglasses too? I have a reputation to protect you know.

PM
Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
Cc:

No, somehow I don't think it would either. Back in MY day we had respect for our elders. There was none of this 'waving screwdrivers about' behavior. And... singles? Did you SEE my dancing? I'd be lucky to get pennies.

If you need an elevator to go -down- two flights of stairs to the archives we're going to have to have a serious chat about motivation. There would be a nerf dartgun involved. The lights in the stairwells were dim enough. I made it down here, after all.

-KR
Pakpao 18 years ago
Cc:

We had that whole respect thing to. I’ve over come it.

No, now that you mention it, I didn’t really SEE your dancing. I was knocked flat on my back by your dancing. And yes I am smirking at you.

What two flights? I’m at home. Home is not the second floor. Besides if I go down stairs then I have to go back upstairs… vicious cycle you know.

PM
Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
Cc:

Wait a minute... who programmed the AI again? Paksomethingorother? MARI would dim the elevator lights for you. If you asked politely. Are you even capable of that?

(Oh, payback is a bitch... smirk, smirk.)

-KR
Pakpao 18 years ago
Cc:

OK now that was just low. Don’t make me hack into your systems and demonstrate payback.

But I’m starting to think you miss me. It’s been what 24 hrs and you’ve gone all warm and fuzzy on me. … How much did we drink?

PM
Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
Cc:

Well... it's your own system you'd be hacking into. So when it has issues, I'm just going to email you. Again. So it's entirely up to you. How much work did you want today?

I miss you horribly. The archives are a dull, dreary place without your smile to light them up. The paper in my cold, clammy undead hands is nothing but undead shrubbery until you arrive and it once again becomes a warm, living memory of the past... shall I write you a poem as well? O Patron St of Screwdrivers....

All right, that's enough of that. That's gone beyond 'warm and fuzzy' to 'nauseatingly obnoxious.' And if you don't remember how much we went through, it's probably for the best. The end of the night is a blur to me. I do remember we got our asses kicked by Carmen SanDiego, although I'm not about to advertise that fact. I'd never hear the end of it.

-KR
Pakpao 18 years ago
Cc:

Since I am doing my best to avoid any actual work this evening I guess your safe. Although since I'm not in the office I would just have to make you call tech support, I'm sure one of the interns can keep you on hold for several hours trying to hunt me down. I hear the hold music is wretched. You tempt me...

Poetry?!?! You'll have me blushing if you keep that up. Well blushing or nauseous, and with the hang over I'm lean to nauseous. But if you're that bored I favor sonnets. And the archives are only dull because you refuse to turn the lights up, or have we covered that?

We lost to Carmen? That can't possibly be good, if any one asks we were testing it for historical accuracy and not really out to win. That and we were very drunk. Yes, I think we will need to make that disclaimer right up front. Or maybe we should just deny we've ever seen the game; that might be more plausible.

PM
Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
Cc:

Tempting as listening to hours of terrible hold music sounds, I think I might pass on that particular offer. Some of us actually have to be productive today. Erroneous non-work-related-emails aside. You know where I'll be if you feel the urge to study up on your history... or install the new toy for us.

I really do think denying we had anything to do with Carmen is the best option. Revealing the true story can only bring much teasing and humiliation.

Not even going to mention the poetry... sonnets... I feel sick.

-KR
Pakpao 18 years ago
Cc:

I think we both have had enough history for a few days.

If you promise me your suspicious co-workers have gone home (I’m avoiding my own department why should I tangle with yours?) I’ll be down in about a half an hour. I’ll even bring saltines. I hear that helps when you’re feeling ill.

Heck I have to do something to justify my time tonight.

PM
Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
Cc:

Eh, looks like they're mostly gone. The last few here are getting ready to leave. Then I can get some real work done. Vampire-style. And I'm pretty sure I'll be fine so long as there're no more sonnets or poems involved.

Come on down whenever you're ready. I'm going to clear myself a safe pathway on the -other- side of the room...

-KR

((ooc: Kem out))
Pakpao 18 years ago
Cc:

All right, you win, no poetry. How do you feel about origami?

Let me grab a few things and I’ll get you guys up and running. If I take too long, assume my team has cornered me and send for re-enforcements.

PM

((OOC… Pak out))