A funny thing.

Kyle unwrapped his piece of gum and threw the wrapper on the ground as he walked down the perimeter of the warehouse explosion. This was some neon green sugarless gum, not the usual fat and juicy Bubba Hubba. A guy had to watch his girlish figure, you know.

The entire block surrounding the warehouse had been fenced off, but Kyle casually walked towards the entry point, noon sun rising and sunglasses on. He had his press credentials but those wouldn't get him any further than the entry point. Still, Kyle nodded to the security guard he let him pass.

Chunks of cement from the warehouse had blown pretty far, the ground was covered with it. Even in the chill of March, the dust kicked up and covered his shoes and dark blue trousers. He was walking a direct path to a group of men standing at the edge of the the outside gates of where the security fences had been set up. Kyle recognized it. He let out a loud whistle and when the men turned around, he held out his arms and gave them a brilliant smile.

The taller of the group walked towards Kyle, the other's wandering off. This man did not look happy. He walked past Kyle and towards a office trailer to the side. Next to it were helmets and other orange construction gear. The foreman picked up a helmet and threw it at Kyle who caught it.

'Have something in blue?' Kyle grinned.

Foreman 18 years ago
'No, I do not.'

The foreman walked up to Evans and waited until he put the hard hat on. With a flourish known only to funny men, Evans slipped the hat onto his head and gave him a hearty slaute.

'Really, Evans.'

The foreman walked past him and towards the warehouse debris. Pointing at it, he gave a break down of the past 3 months.
'The FBI was on it like flies on shit, taking bits and pieces of everything and testing it. It slowed the cleaning process down to just about nothing with them having to clear what gets thrown out. They packed up their shit and took off the other day.'

The foreman stopped and looked around. Evans wasn't there. Turning back he saw the man standing about 25 feet back.

'What are you doing?'
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
'Uncle Leo? I don't get a hug?'

The foreman waved a dismissive hand at Kyle and continued his walk towards the warehouse. Running to catch up, he put his arm around Uncle Leo, formerly known as the foreman, and gave him a quick hug.

'So thanks for letting me in.' It helped that Uncle Leo was also Grant Thorps', Kyle's surrogate father, brother. 'I haven't been here since the explosion. How far have you made it down yet?'
Foreman 18 years ago
As they approached the massive crater where the warehouse had been, the construction noise got louder, forcing Leo to raise his voice.

'We're down at what looks like sub level 5. You've been in there right, it goes down 10 levels. It didn't burn as hot as they figured. There's a shit load of debris, columns, melted steel and cement down there.'

Suddenly there was a flurry of activity near the SE portion of the crater. For the next 5 minutes Evans and Leo stood quietly watching. Leo then glanced at Evans who nodded towards it.

'Bodies. We keep finding bodies. Mostly guards from...whatever this was.' Leo looked at Evans. 'What was this? The FBI said something about terrorist activities.'

The cold chill of March swept past the two men as they watched the debris being cleared away from the charred bodies.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
For once Kyle could not find the words. He watched as the bodies were revealed in the crater and he wondered how many were already dead when by Nova's friends when the warehouse finally went up. He swallowed hard.

'I don't know what it was. I'll be telling the police the same thing after this. I'm gone for a week and...well they're curious as to where I've been.'

Leo looked at him with an expectant look.

'Duibne Industries, recovering from...this fire.' He'd let Leo speculate why Duibne chose to lock down after the fire and not reveal until later that he had been released. 'It wasn't terrorists...well I guess it was now that I think about it. It was Terrance Hillman. Kidnapped me, brought me here...he's dead now though. I saw him get caught in...yeah he's dead.'

Kyle turned away as the crew men below started to yell. They found another pocket and there were more men inside. Grabbing his uncle by the shoulder, he turned him around and pulled him away.

'Let's talk somewhere else.'

((ooc kyle out))