What now? ((Open))

In Ginnie's mind things just seemed to never end for her Clan. She knew with out a doubt they were going to be pinned for this. She also knew that is was not officially their kill. If it had been it would have been her explosives and her job, but she knew nothing about it. Ok maybe she was being arrogant, but as far as she knew she was the only munitions developer at Duibne and in Tacharan.

She sighed softly as she and Alec got off the elevator on their floor. She had lots of questions and wanted to see what her fellow Clansmen were thinking on this so she decided clean up would be fast then she and Alec would head to the main floor to see what was what.

She dropped the bloody sheet and her scrubs into the bin that went to the incinerator and pulled several bags of blood from her refrigerator. She poured two into a glass for herself and did the same for Alec. She drank as she stood naked in her kitchen, bits of metal and glass, and a lot of blood, running down her arm, leg and back.

Finished, she handed her glass to Alec and let him take care of them as she headed to the shower, blood dripping on the floor as she went. The cleaning crew was going to hate her.

Her mind reeled as she washed he remainder of the blood and debris down the drain. The back of her arm, neck, shoulder, and leg were covered in angry red lines, it would take another day or some serious feeding for them to heal completely, but they were her smallest concern at the moment.

She and Alec changed clothes, and headed back to the first and main floor of the Domicile, waiting for, and hoping the rest of their Clan would show up. She wanted to make sure everyone was still alive, but mostly she hoped Simon or Carol would be around to answer some questions and give orders.

((I figured we all needed some place to gather. Feel free to approach Ginnie and Alec or completely ignore us. If this is out of place feel free to smack me upside the head and lock or remove this.

Alec drug around with permission))

Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Walking slightly behind Ginnie back to their dwelling, Alec watched in fascination as the shrapnel was pushed from her rapidly healing body. Even on a full tank it'd take him so much longer...ah, the benefits of age.

Adding his own mess to the incinerator pile, Alec frowned as she wandered about. It was the first time he'd seen her fully nude that he wasn't aroused...more concerned. It probably had to do with the fact that he knew she was in pain and the blood was hers. When it was another's blood on her...well, he didn't have any trouble with that at all. Silently toasting her, he drank from his glass, watching as a rather large bit was pushed from her shoulder and dropped to the floor with a small, flat sound. Wood, apparently.

After cleaning the glasses, Alec leaned down and collected the debris. Licking each clean, he inspected them carefully under his intense vision. Porcelain...wood, with a bit of thread matching the stage drape...more porcelain...crystal...a chip of bone...a bit of twisted metal...glass...more wood...a tooth fragment...a wood staple...

Leaning down, he mopped up the floor with his scrubs and added all of the shards and his now bloodier clothes to the incineration set. Silently stepping into the shower behind her, he kissed the edge of shoulder while she finished cleaning up. Rinsing himself was very quick - he hadn't gotten too messy between stops, so he was out first, opting not to ice himself though he would be a bit tired because of it. Opting for a black and white workout set, he laced up his shoes while Ginnie got dressed. She was looking worlds better already, and it had been minutes. Cool.

Heading back up, he switched sides, not wanting to inadvertently open the rapidly closing wounds. Smiling to himself, he imagined those would be itching like hell in an hour or two. Well, something to look forward to, as that probably meant lotion of some sort. Stepping out of the lift, he was surprised to see that they were the only ones here.
Mathias 18 years ago
The questions surrounding the explosion still swirled in Mathias' mind. And with Shay at home and not in a good mood,he decided that perhaps The Domicile might provide some refuge.

Heading inside,he noticed Alec and Ginnie sitting inside the lobby. Perhaps they too seek answers to questions he thought to himself Besides I have been meaning to spend more time with them both..Shay says I need friends. Over a millennia in existence and now he needed friends...Mathias couldn't help but chuckle,knowing Shay was right.

"Alec,Ginnie" He nodded as he sat down by the pair. "Any theories on the who behind tonight?"
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie waved at Mathias, before reaching around to scratch lightly at her shoulder.

"I have a few. Could have been aliens, or the CIA. Smells like a Tacharan hit though and that has me worried. They say if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat then people are gunna believe it's a rat.

Then again, it may not even be vampires that did it." She stopped cold, and began to laugh. That was about as likely as snow in Hell.
Alec shrugged.

Well, I'm good at the other end of things. We know it wasn't Tacharan sanctioned. We know it isn't Evenhet. Anantya doesn't make sense. That leaves a pretty limited field, unless there is something new and unpleasant joining the fray. That bothers me more than the guv'mint, say. Something wholly unexpected.

I just want a clear cut direction, like go swipe so-and-so's personal files, tap such-and-such's house, push what-was-his-name down some stairs and don't get caught. I'll leave this whole "figuring stuff out" thing to the older or smarter folks. Can't let the kindergartners run the show, after all.
Lotus 18 years ago
Barefoot and covered in blood, Lotus emerged from the elevator. She had one shoe in tow. She was blessed in the ability department. She sustained minimal damage, and most of her wounds had already closed. Just streams of drying blood remained.

"Well. That was a blast!" Lotus said sarcastically, yet straight-faced. A smile crept across her face. She thought that was pretty funny. She blew a tousled piece of hair out of her eyes.

Taking a seat, she surveyed the bottom of her feet. Spotting the culprit, she dug out the last of the glass. She straightened up and relaxed a little bit. She was in dire need of a shower, and hoped Simon or Carol would be by soon to sort out the night's events.

Lotus knew there was a ton of dead people, but she didn't know if any of the dead were clan members. "Did we lose anyone?"
Chuckling, Alec nodded in greeting again to the woman who smelled of flowers. Maybe he could start a conversation without anything blowing up and interrupting it this time. Shaking his head to the negative at her query, he stated

I waited until everyone was clear. Everyone who was part of the fesitivities and there with Clan knowledge got out fine. So...let's try this again without the room blowing up this time. We're Alec, Ginnie and Mathias. I'd offer you refreshments, but they all got blown up.
Carol 18 years ago
Carol emerged from her office door freshly showered and changed. The scratches on her face made the skin feel tight but she managed to put a teeny bit of aloe on it to soften it up and lessen any scarring. Looked like a good portion of the gang was in the lobby discussing tonight's event. She quietly approached them, explanation of Simon's whereabouts ready, although she had avoided him heading back to the Domicile.

'Ladies..gentlemen...I'm guessing this is the after event coffee and cigars portion of our evening?' Sitting on the edge of one of the leather couches, she smoothed out her jeans. She had decided to forgo high fashion and throw on some casual clothes. A white cotton t-shirt with a rather angry red crayon on the front and sneakers were her choice.
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Simon sat quietly in his leather wing tipped chair as he listened to Marthinus' battered heart leave the Domicile. When it faded, he stood and walked over to his desk, accessing his computer. Carol was in the lobby with several others. Running his fingers through his hair, he shut off the cpu and made his way over.

As he took the elevator up to the lobby, Simon leaned back and closed his eyes. He still smelled like ash.

'You're looking mighty put upon, baby.'

Simon did not bother to open his eyes. The ash smell was replaced by the softness of Ellis' perfume. This was all in his head yet he could still smell her.

'So Marthinus is leaving Nachton.'

The voice came closer.

'That is just too bad, baby. What will you do now? Let Carol run Duibne?' Ellis voice tsk'd softly. 'That's quite a pickle although having him out of the city might help with those coming into it. I think you'll thank me for not letting in anyone older than us. At least, anyone who'd even care to take over the clan.'

Simon sighed quietly and wondered what was taking the elevator so long.

'I wouldn't advise ignoring the voice in your head, Simon. You hear me for a reason.'

Simon opened his mouth, but not his eyes, 'I hear you because you're a flaw.'

Just then the elevator doors opened. Taking a step forward Simon opened his eyes as he passed into the hallway. Quietly he mumbled over his shoulder.

'...And that's all you'll ever be.'

Turning the corner he left the smooth steel decor and entered the marble and stoned walled lobby.
Ginnie 18 years ago
She'd waved at Lotus, but had had nothing more to add.

"Someone brought cigars?" She smiled at Carol and wanted to give her new friend a hug, but something kept her in her place next to Alec, her hand twined in his. Something was up and it made her skin itch. Then again that was probably just the thousand tiny wounds so newly acquired.
Mathias 18 years ago
Listening to Ginnie's theory,Mathias couldn't help but chuckle. "Perhaps if it is aliens then we can corner the market on death rays - one must always think ahead!"

Her remark about this having the earmarks of a Tacharan hit reminded him of the conversation with Simon at the hospital.
"That is what I thought as well Ginnie,perhaps by those elements that deserted us when Ellis died - but Simon did not seem to agree when I mentioned it to him." Outright dismissive was more like it, as if he did not want to believe it.

At Lotus' approach he stood and nodded.
"It looks as if we all made it out, however I haven't seen Jan or Nova - perhaps Carol or Simon can shed some light on their whereabouts."

Almost as if summoned,Carol appeared. Having not sat down yet,he bowed towards her. It was an odd habit,and yet Mathias could not help but think of her as some sort of nobility,no matter how brusque or crass her demeanor - Carol radiated something that made you like her.

"Actually coffee does sound good,can I get anyone anything? Have we heard from Jan or Nova Carol?"
Nova 18 years ago
Nova thought that the recent damage inflicted on the borrowed white gown was actually kind of an improvement and wondered if she could start a new look as she stripped and headed for the shower for the third time that night. Leaving the dress on the floor, she cleaned up fairly quickly, never being one to spend time goofing off in the shower even if it did feel good on the parts that had taken a beating in the blast.

Well, unless there was company.

She smiled a little, thinking of Evans, who was probably at his own place by now. She wouldn’t have minded if he had stayed but considering he had just wanted to go home for quite a while now, she wasn’t surprised he headed off soon after everyone was reunited and accounted for.

Throwing on some cargo pants and a bright red tee shirt with a yellow duck, she wandered back out of her rooms to take the elevator downstairs. She sort of didn’t feel much like being alone right now and figured there wasn’t much chance of getting work done, so she might as well see if anyone else was out and about.

Not surprisingly, there was quite a crew hanging out downstairs, and she gave the group a general nod of acknowledgement before flopping down on the nearest couch. She closed her eyes for a second before opening them again, feeling suddenly rather tired out.

“Anyone got any gum?”
Jan 18 years ago
Though some of the clan knew he was okay, Jan figured he should probably check in now quickly just to check in on everyone else and see what the word was.

Now in comfortable jeans and a dark concert tee shirt faded and washed into comfortable oldness, he felt much better. He wandered into the main lobby to find quite the little crowd.

Seeing Nova's easily distinguishable head of hair in front of him, Jan entertained the briefest of notions that he might sneak up on her. Then he remembered who he was talking about here and gave it up as a lost cause.

Instead he hurdled the couch and then slouched down into it next to her. He had come up in time to hear her request and happened to be able to help out. Pulling a pack of juicy fruit out of his pocket, Jan tossed it sideways at her. In his best snooty waiter's voice, he said.

“Will the lady be wanting anything else with her gum?”

He normally carried a pack around to help warm up his throat before singing. Not that he had some of the problems human singers encountered but there were still environmental problems like dry weather,dust and smoke. The last one sometimes put there by himself.

“So we have any ideas who tossed out the big assed party favor at the dinner?”
Carol 18 years ago
Carol gave Mathias a smile but shook her head at his offer.

'Right now, well as of a few minutes ago, the Mercs that were left were not capable of this type of demolition.' Carol shrugged dimissively. She really had no idea who'd be capable of bombing or why. She presumed the Mayor was the target, but what if it wasn't.

'Here's the thing...what if they missed?'
'Indeed.' Simon replied. That's one of the things that had been on his mind. He still didn't think the Mercs had anything to do with it, at least he knew they didn't plan it. 'Keep an eye open and an ear to the ground. Let's see what we can find.'

Crossing his arms, he continued. 'The status of the clan right now is precarious. I'm not so sure they'll blame us for this bombing. Why would we risk members? I'll talk to Alfarinn, see what the other clans are thinking. As for our human front, things have shifted there as well. Marthinus and his son have left to check on the family in the outer regions. It's a preemptive show of power and reevaluation of the clan's holdings.'

Simon's voice trailed off. He wasn't concerned with the clan's monetary value. He was afraid things were falling apart.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie let out a breath she'd been holding, it was good to know their leader wasn't looking within for the culprit. However his following words had Ginnie nearly out of her seat.

"Simon, if Marthinus is gone, who is going to run Duibne? Who is going to keep the press out of our business? Is there another human face we can put up? And since I'm asking twenty questions, who is going to sign my paycheck?"

She gave a small smile. Humor as a defense mechanism always, always came at a bad time. Well, she'd just have to be quiet for a bit now, so that she didn't get shot by an angry vampire.
Alexandra 18 years ago
News got around fast in the clan, especially if it concerned a big explotion with Tàcharan member involved, deciding it might be a good idea to check out if everyone was ok Alex wandered into the loby to find alot of the faces she had seen before there.

Taking one of the vacant spots she smiled and nodded at a few of the people there, crossing her long legs she tugged a strand of hair behind her ear before speaking to noone specific.

"So.. is everyone still in one piece here?"

Looking at each person she sat back while starting to braid one of her long locks, her dark eyes watching everyone around her in a calm but allert manner.
Carol 18 years ago
Carol gave Alex a wink. 'Everyone seems alright, but this isn't really a surprise, Alex. This is how we roll.' She gave a snort and looked up at Simon. Poor Simon.

'As far as Duibne is concerned, we can run it from here, behind a figure head. At least, that's what I'm wagering. If Jacob goes with him, that doesn't leave us a lot of choices. I can't run it, that would be ridiculous. I'm sure Marthinus won't be gone that long...right?' With a curious expression, Carol deferred to the tall man with the stern expression.
He nodded, 'Marthinus isn't out of reach, with his advise Duibne will stay on track. We have bigger things to concern us. Find out what you can and don't worry, it can't get any worse.'

With that Simon held his hand out to Carol, hoping she'd take it. He watched her immediately and stand and accept it. There wasn't much else to talk about until they did more research. He guided her gently towards his office and nodded to the group.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie nodded to the dark haired vampire that had just walked in. She wasn't exactly sure who she was, but that wasn't unusual, Ginnie spent way to much time in her lab and running guns.

She listened carefully to Simon's words and hoped she was hearing everything in them that she was supposed to. As the couple exited. She turned to Alec with a grin.

"Shall we go screw up a crime scene or leave that to the 'professionals'?"

She waggled her eyebrows at Alec, her grin widening to show the tips of her fangs.
Xandare 18 years ago
The elevator sped down to the lobby, that slightly disconcerting feeling of falling made Xander's eyes narrow and his jaw clench. Standing at attention behind him was a wall of a man. With his hand tailored suit looking crisp and his black hair smoothed into place X studied his reflection in the chrome finished panels. He wanted to make a good first impression on the troops. Image was so important with the youth these days. A corner of his mouth twitched with a smile.

Once the doors swished open and X had stepped out, the human followed at a respectful pace behind. In places like these he knew to be a shadow rather than a shield. Suprisingly, a small crowd was gathered in the lobby. X looked around, his clear violet eyes sliding over each of the occupants as their faces were compared to the profiles his staff had prepared. Some he recognized, others he did not. It looked like the game had begun.

Good evening, he said quietly. His accent was an amalgam of the various European countries he frequented.