A little confused and lost

Hi all,

This is probably just me but i feel a little lost on this board, I love this place it looks great, everyone is super nice but i have no clue where to post and how to make Alexandra fit in

Right now I feel like such an outsider and I would love to be part of the action and become one of the hip kids but i'm not quite sure how to do this

So any help, pointers, advice is more then welcome, hell i'm open for anything

Ginnie 18 years ago
Make a post anywhere in the public areas, and mark it open. If I have a girlie free, I can have her join you. Also if you see a thread marked (open) then send a PM to the starter and say, mind if I join you. They will most likely say, yes, yes you can. So you insinuate yourself in any, feasible, way you see fit. Viola, you're one of the cool kids
Cyrus 18 years ago
Its hard to be the new vamp (or food, erm human) in town. Some of the best ways to become involved is to post.

Join open threads, start open threads. If you are unsure of a posts status, send a PM to the creator or all participants. Some are not clearly stated and I must admit to being a big culprit of that.

Things to do: Go get some culture at the museum! Go read books at the library, hunt at the strip, dance the night away at one of the clubs, grab a 'bite' in the back alley, check out the winter flowers in the Vesper Gardens. You could always stop by the Ramsey's Art Gallery in the strip and get sold some great art by a slimey used car salesman.. erm I mean a quite gregarious manager... yeah thats it.

If you do post (Open) then welcome who joins you and should it not fly simply go do something else in a few days. Unfortunately, it appears that Nachton is currently booty central and everyone is making hook ups like mad. It must be a seasonal thing! Couples will be available to mingle again once 'newness' wears off.
Alexandra 18 years ago
I haven't been active lately due to rl things but i noticed there was some kind of explosion? not sure where and what it was

But I saw there was a thread for people to talk about it??? I feel like i miss half of the stuff here.
Fallon 18 years ago
Trust me...what you're feeling now is pretty common for a new person. I remember feeling that way when I joined...but everything everyone has said is true. Post anywhere it's open, or ask to join threads that don't indicate anything. Also, feel free to pm any of us to talk about ideas...a lot of times you can cook up a cool story with someone to play.

Here's more about the 'explosion' if you want to read it. It was a very fun event, that is sadly over now. This board never seems to sit still for long though...I'd imagine there are a lot more fun things in the works.

http://www.sanguineaffliction.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80
Connie 18 years ago
Since you're Tacharan, you could also "appear" in the "open thread" What Now (( Open )) and ask why everyone's looking ragged
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Yeah definitely hit up the open threads in the Domicile so your fellow fangies can get to know ya =D
Fiona 18 years ago
i know maeve wants some company over in the gardens...

http://sanguineaffliction.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22510#post22510
Aishe 18 years ago
Also, just so you know, any thread with no designation is considered open. We prefer not to clearly mark it (open). More along the lines that, if it's not distinctly marked as (private) or (attn: so and so), it is considered open.

RP RP RP. SA is a very active board. And there are lots of folks happy to get to know you, you just have to take the step and put yourself out there and join the threads!
Cyrus 18 years ago
Oh one more hint!

Go to User CP
Pick Edit Options
At the very bottom in the box labeled Default Thread Age Cut Off - change that to Show ALL

That way even if you go away, nothing will 'fall off' without you knowing it!
Fallon 18 years ago
Yep, things falling off can be quite embarrassing, especially if you don't notice.
Montana 18 years ago
Fallon would be very disappointed if something of Cyrus' were to fall off without her notice.
Fallon 18 years ago
I think she'd notice, and she'd be more than disappointed...though I would imagine not as disappointed as Cyrus
Cyrus 18 years ago

Checks everything in a panic

Whew! Everything still where I left it. Dont scare me like that.

Quick joke tho... What did the zombie giggilo say to his client afterwards? Keep the tip.
Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
I feel that way a lot.

*does another hit and talks through held breath*

But yeah, think these guys covered it
Alfarinn 18 years ago
PMing people is always a polite way to ask if they'd like company in threads that established (meaning been going a while and now has people conversing) most people have no problem letting new people in but occasionally they might have something in the thread that they would like to react to before something new happens.
Aishe 18 years ago
That's what I said! *pout* It just sounds better coming from you.
Fiona 18 years ago
(pssst... Aishe ~ it's all those years of experience..... ya know ~ respect for the elderly and all!)

*whistles innocently*
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Yeah now that Aishe makes NO sense and looks completely senile.

I mentioned that unmarked threads -are- open. Typing that in is unnecessary and a bit redundant. But I saw she mentioned it and edited my earlier post so now she looks crazy! Mwahhahaahaaa!!!
Aishe 18 years ago
The Reckless Menace does not object to being known as the Reckless Insane Menace.

*cackle*
Alexandra 18 years ago
Thank you guys, you're all too sweet

I'm off to jump into threads now, I have one thread where I'm in an noone has posted in in weeks so i'm getting out of that, the you can only be in 2 threads at a time thing is a bit dificult at times especially if the threads you're in aren't active.