Just Shoot Me... Please...

It's barely 2pm and today has already been one long headache fest...

We recently moved my son to a new daycare. They cannot get it through their heads that this child has allergies and his nose runs EVERY day. So they panic over it on a regular basis. Today he has a low grade fever and not feeling like arguing with them I bring him home and call to make a doctor's appointment so she can explain to them that this is just the way it is. They're not taking any appts today, cuz 2 Dr's are out and they're already double booked and he's not a priority, which I happen to agree with under the circumstances. So I have to take him in in the morning, which means I get to miss the first day of work I've been offered in a month. Perfect.

And then, the recruiter I've been working with to get a job calls me and I'm thinking it's about the job I interviewed for yesterday, which she was all keen on me getting. No, instead it's a job she want's me to start today, that all she can tell me about it is that it's in Billing. I tell her I can't start today, but maybe tomorrow, though in reality I can't til Monday, but I'm thinking, yeah, right, they'll actually have all that lined up that quick. I so don't think so. She has yet to call back, so I'm thinking that's a no-go. Course, with the headache I have, I wouldn't trust myself withen 10 miles of an interview right now ~ it's making me a tad bitchy.

Then I call the unemplyment hotline thingie to report my job search results for the last two weeks. It's all touch tone stuff, but everytime they find some reason I have to call the customer service center. This time it was because I'm in school.

The dingbat who gets on the line asks me how long I've been in school. "2 years". No, she says, when did you start school. I kid you not. "Uh, 2 years ago?" No, in the last few weeks. Oh, Okay. "January 12th." Did you start school because you were laid off?

At this point, any doubts I had about intelligence in the state system flew out the door. I was laid off Jan 6th of this year, yet started school 2 years ago ~ so I'm thinking no, I did not go back to school because I was laid off.

Then she asks if I'd quit school to accept a job. Gee, lemme think. halfway to getting a Bachelor's... thinking no, here. When I told her I wouldn't, she got upset with me. Like suddenly getting an education was a crime. I've worked full-time and gone to school full time for over a year, and now that I'm unemployed it's a problem?

So, please, someone just put me oughta my misery ~ I can't even go have a drink since I have orientation for the Honer Society tonight, then class (with my first Exam of the semester no less...).

And it's only Wednesday..... *sigh*

Aishe 18 years ago
Yowza. Sounds like you have your hands full. This wouldn't happen to be in NY would it? I adore my home state, but when it comes to beaurocratic red tape and state systems, they do happen to be some of the dumbest.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a job but I couldn't live off it to save my life!
Fiona 18 years ago
No ~ Texas. In some way sI miss Washington ~ they weren't this lost.

And I didn't even cover how she couldn't grasp that my online class did not meet a certain day of the week. It took her a full three minutes to grasp that one!!!
Dawn Ratana 18 years ago
*Bang*

Yeah. Love that bureaucracy! Cue Leonard Nimoy's voice!

"The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy." God I love Civ 4. :P
Mathias 18 years ago
Ugh Fiona

S'ok - the person who does our FedEx shipments looked at me and asked if Alaska was sent International.

You make more than me.....WHY?

*chants* One semester to go....one semester to go....
Fiona 18 years ago
OMG ~ some one asked me that about New Mexico once.... real sad commentary on today's geography classes!
Mathias 18 years ago
Fiona
OMG ~ some one asked me that about New Mexico once.... real sad commentary on today's geography classes!

Except the person who asked me is 64......
Fiona 18 years ago
*wince*

ouch.

ya know ~ i can understand not knowing where some of thse countries in east europe are, what wit all the political changes in the last 25 years (i even had to look up where the Olympics are being held) but Alaska???
Alexandra 18 years ago
I feel for you hun, and you had to look up where Torino is? hehehe ouch Italy

Sorry for the daycare problem and your son having allergies, the US has alot more redtape then we have over here in Europe that's for sure, I know that for a fact
Mai 18 years ago
Red Tape is every where it is just a matter of where you find it.

For me...it is in the everything drawer in the kitchen.

Don't worry friday isn't as far away as it seems.
Valentine 18 years ago
Just be glad it isn't Tuseday in Arizona cause you'd be in real trouble then.

Random side note did you know that New Mexico is the only state in the union that puts USA or United States (I forget which) on their license plates?

It will get better!
Ginnie 18 years ago
Yeah Texas is not the best place to deal with the government.

*huggles* Sorry you're having such a rough time with you're son's daycare. Mountain Cedar Allergies sucketh big time.
Fiona 18 years ago
Valentine
Just be glad it isn't Tuseday in Arizona cause you'd be in real trouble then.

Random side note did you know that New Mexico is the only state in the union that puts USA or United States (I forget which) on their license plates?

It will get better!

I'm afraid to ask why I'd be in real trouble....

Thanks guys ~ sorry to rant, but both my roommates work nights so I couldn't go wake them up ~ if I had, I'd have been hurtin. If it ain't "Fire, flood or blood", waking them up in the middle of the day is basically commiting suicide... unless you happen to be 11 mos old and willing to snuggle to make up for it....
Shay 18 years ago
Mathias
*chants* One semester to go....one semester to go....

*joins chant*
One semester to go...one semester to go...
Maeve 18 years ago
I feel for you hon. Really I do, but no way in hell I'm shooting you. Who would I play with then...hehe?