Nope, this isn't Awkward (private)

They managed to get all of her things into the condo. Wren took the groceries into the kitchen and Drev took everything else into the bedroom. She knew that this was a point when things would either be just fine or really awkward. She was determined that it wouldn't be, but well there was a lot they needed to talk about and they hadn't even begun to touch on any of it.

"I'm going to explore in here, so I know where everything is, Ok?"

She heard a muffled yeah from the back of the condo and started putting the groceries in the fridge and pantry. She left her girl stuff in it's bag and would take care of it after she was done.

She spent some time opening drawers and cabinet doors. It was full of just about anything a person could need or want in a kitchen. There were even some things that Wren had no idea what they were used for. Drev's pantry was well stocked, and she smiled. She liked to cook, but not often and only if it was something she was craving as homemade. Mostly she had eaten salads at home and whatever they were serving in the student mess hall.

Lucky for her it was a school of athletes and the fare had been healthy and tasted really good. When she'd finally looked in every nook and cranny, she left the kitchen and headed to the bathroom. She stowed the bag under the sink and went in search of Drev.

Milazo 18 years ago
'You're going to have to talk to her about the rules,' Drev reminded himself as he stripped out of his clothes. Maybe he could do that while he stretched. That'd be as good a time as any.

From one of the drawers in his massive dresser, Drev pulled out a pair of black pants. He pulled them on and tied the drawstring a little low on his waist. Besides the boxer-briefs, the wide-legged black pants were the only piece of clothing he wore for his workouts. He retied his ponytail, using a couple of dreads as a ribbon. He padded across the room and only took one of the katanas down off the rack. One would be enough for today. Once he got back into the swing of things, he'd work with two.

Carrying the sheathed sword in his left hand, Drev left his room - and nearly ran right into Wren.

"Whoa, hey... that was close. Say, I was just thinking, and I think we need to go over a few things. House rules, things like that." Drev made sure to keep a comfortable smile on his lips so she wouldn't think he meant to brow-beat her into submission.
Wren 18 years ago
Wren took a step back form him, re-establishing their personal space, and looked up with a smile. "Yeah, ok, you are not aloud to be inside my head."

She stepped to the side and let him walk past. She followed him into a studio room and after she put her eyes back in hre head and picked her jaw up off the floor she spoke.

"So where do we start? I've never had a male roommate so I don't know all of the rules. I'm guessing the first is. No panty raids."
Milazo 18 years ago
Drev chuckled as he set his sword on another rack that sat atop a small table along the wall to the right of the door. He'd tried to make the room as Japanese as he could, but there's only so much he could do with a plain white dry-walled room.

There was a three-foot wide perimeter of hardwood flooring around the outside of the room. In the middle was a slightly raised, stiffly padded square. The only adornments on the walls were seven frames, each containing a calligraphy of one of the Japanese characters for the Bushido virtues.The room was lit by dozens of paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling.

Drev always felt calm in this room. This would be the best place to handle any... negotations. He bowed with the palms of his hands pressed together, then walked to the center of the raised mat and motioned Wren to join him.

"First of all," he said as he began his stretching, making sure to keep his voice light and calm. "This being my home, my word is law. I expect you to show me and my home the utmost respect. But, I'm a very tolerable person. If you're in the shower, I don't expect you to jump out mid-lather just because I need to pee. Just remember whose name is on the deed, okay? I don't think that's too much to ask, do you?"

Drev stopped his stretching a moment. A light sheen of sweat now glistened on his bare chest where he sat in the lotus position, and his breathing was a little
heavier than normal. But the smile was still there.
Wren 18 years ago
Wren declined to join him on the mat, with a shake of her head. She wasn't comfortable enough yet to invade what seemed to be his most private space. Instead she stood in the doorway, leaning on the jam, with her arms crossed loosely.

She was taken aback by his words and wasn't entirely certain how to respond. She had expected, something like it, but not so...bluntly put. She mulled his words over in her head reigning in her quick temper so that this did not become a yours and mine idiocy.

She finally gave him a slow nod.

"No, I quite agree." Now she needed to give him some boundaries of her own, and she needed to be direct and firm, with out being petty or demanding.

"I need my space. I don't like my things touched and I expect you to keep personal space boundaries. I know that's a complete contradiction to my actions last night, but I was drunk as a skunk." She grinned at him, and collapsed herself to the floor sitting cross-legged just off the raised mat.

"There is a difference between close enough to touch and close enough that you can't help but touch."

She reached under her knees, and undoing her laces pulled off her shoes.

"I don't think that's too much to ask, do you?"
Milazo 18 years ago
“Not at all,” he said, resuming his stretches. "Once your room is all set up, it will be yours. I won't enter your room unless invited."

Finished with his stretching, Drev walked over and retrieved his sword. He unsheathed it slowly, taking a moment to admire the blade emerge.
He replaced the scabard on the rack, then walked back onto the mat, trailing the point of the katana behind him.

"We already mentioned things like groceries and everyday chores, right?"
Wren 18 years ago
'Well that was easy.' "And I will show your space the same respect. Do you mind if I use this room for dancing or would that be disrespectful to the art or something?"

She watched him cross the room with his sword, and as curious as she was to watch him, she wanted to lay down more.

"Oh, you mean like you pick up your shit and I pick up mine and we buy our own groceries and my reserving the right to chuck your shoes at you if you leave them out?"

She stood slowly and stretched her arms over her head, rising up on her tip-toes. She came down off of her toes and smiled at Drev.
Wren 18 years ago
'Well that was easy.' "And I will show your space the same respect. Do you mind if I use this room for dancing or would that be disrespectful to the art or something?"

She watched him cross the room with his sword, and as curious as she was to watch him, she wanted to lay down more.

"Oh, you mean like you pick up your shit and I pick up mine and we buy our own groceries and my reserving the right to chuck your shoes at you if you leave them out?"

She stood slowly and stretched her arms over her head, rising up on her tip-toes. She came down off of her toes and smiled at Drev.
Milazo 18 years ago
"It's not disrespectful if you show proper respect." Drev assumed his first position as he spoke: one foot in front of the other, his weight balanced perfectly on slightly bent legs, with the katana held low in both hands parallel to his body. He stood perfectly still in this stance, only his eyes moving to watch Wren stretch. He couldn't deny that his newest friend had an attractive body - he'd have to be blind or gay not to notice. Just that simple stretching of her arms over her head reminded him of the girl's incredible grace and agility. Maybe one day he could teach her a few things with a sword.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't throw anything... but yeah, that's pretty much it."
Wren 18 years ago
"Cool thanks."

She turned around and walked toward the door. She was ready for some tv and sleep. She wasn't normally such an early bird, and she had slept for over 12 hours already today, but she was tired still. Maybe it was that there wasn't any stress in her body and her body was ready to catch up on all of the sleep she'd missed over the last twenty-odd years.

"Well I'm going to leave you to this. Um do you have a washer and dryer?"
Milazo 18 years ago
Drev explodes into motion. He steps forward, bringing the sword up and around his head, then snaps it down in a vicious two-hand cut. The only sounds made were the whistle of blade cutting air, and the rustling of his baggy pants.

"There's an alcove in the bathroom," he says, holding stone-still in this new position. "You can watch if you wish. It won't bother me."
Wren 18 years ago
Wren jumped an inch off the floor when he went into such sudden motion. It was like watching a car wreck, you don't exactly know what's happening but you can't look away. She let go of the breath she's been holding when he came to a halt.

"Well, that was interesting. I need to get that laundry started. Then I think I'm going to go watch tv." 'I don't think I can sit in here and watch you. I am a woman after all, and a hot sweaty man, doing scary things with a sword is enough to turn on your mother.' She wanted to keep everything about them platonic and watching him get all sweaty with out a shirt on was so not going to accomplish that.
Milazo 18 years ago
"Sounds good," he said from his stance. "You'll probably be asleep before I'm done, so... sleep tight."

"Thanks, you too."

As Wren turned to leave, Drev burst into motion again, his feet moving in short, measured steps, the sword a blur. He flowed from stance to stance - Heron Wades At Dawn flowed into Rigid Flame; Stone Tiger flowed into Water Serpent Low.

Completely lost and at peace in his Blade work, the hours slip by Drev unnoticed. It had been much too long since his last practice, and he felt the sword grow more familiar in his hands with each form. At the beginning of his session, he'd felt (relatively) clumsy and akward. But now it was all coming back to him.

The night was old when Drev finally decided to stop. With a final bow to the room, Drev returned the katana to the rack in his room and took a quick, quiet shower. He walked silently into the living room where Wren slept soundly on the couch. He straightened the blanket that had gotten twisted around her feet, and made his way to bed. Sleep overtook him quickly.
Wren 18 years ago
"Sounds good. You'll probably be asleep before I'm done, so... sleep tight."

"Thanks, you too." She turned and waked from the room, the soft rustle of cloth and steel the only sound behind her. Shaking her head slightly, she went into her room and grabbed her green laundry bag, her toiletries case, and a set of jammies. She grinned at the set. It was her favorite, purple with little clouds, stars and moons all over them. The shirt was solid with a large version of the cloud and moon on the chest.

Wren took everything into the bathroom and shut the door. She found the washer and dryer easily enough and opened the machine. She put in her clothes, except the white bra, panties and socks. She's have to wash those separately, and stripped out of her clothes. She put them in the washer with the rest, added soap and turned on the machine.

She turned on the shower and washed quickly. Shivering she dried then put on her pajamas, to the thrum thrum thrum of the washer. As she was finishing combing through her hair, the washer stopped. She piled everything into the dryer and gathered her mess from the room and dumped it in her bedroom.

Her body was pleasantly sleepy as she put a case on her new pillow, and tucked a blanket around her feet. She found the remote and turned on the tv. She flipped channels for a little while until she found the food network. Bobby Flay was in the middle of grilling some kind of fish and she was instantly inthralled. She watched his meal come together with out any other thought on her mind, except how good it would be.

An hour later Wren had layed down and set the timer on the tv to go off in an hour, then fell asleep to Emeril Lagassi putting bam on his potatoes.

((Wren and Drev out, lock up please))