The Walk Home

Immediately after exiting the establishment, Apollyon smiled to Aishe.

"Did you have a good time tonight?"

Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe bounced alongside Peter, enjoying the crisp night air. "Mmm-hmm," she replied, "Thanks for the frisbee game. I was dying to get out and just do something."

She kept her eyes upturned with an air of innocence, affecting the air of a kid with a secret. She knew Peter regarded her as a little sister, so she may as well act like one for a bit. A glance around showed her they were alone on their side of the street. She couldn't resist a little bit of teasing.

"So how long until you break down and admit you're a vampire?"

She had the gall to whistle a little tune right afterwards. Poorly. No wonder she and the clarinet had never gotten along.
Apollyon 18 years ago
He stopped walking on a dime.

"What did she just say?" he asked himself.

He didnt know how his face looked, and cared not to know.he tried not to stammer when he spoke.

"Hhow did you..."
Aishe 18 years ago
The fact that Peter had stopped was a boon to Aishe, who found she had to take two jogging steps for every one of his, anyhow. She kept right on walking, leaving the baffled mountain of vampire gaping behind her.

When it appeared he was well and truly befuddled, she took pity on him and turned around, hands on her hips.

"Oh come on, Peter. Is that even your real name? Seriously, I wasn't born yesterday!"

Aishe began walking again. "Come on, 'fess up. You must get to talk to Mai often. She's one of the first people I met when I got to Nachton. She was amazingly kind to me. Can you tell her I said hello?"
Apollyon 18 years ago
He couldent help but giggle when she put her hands on her hips.His expression softened and he resumed.

"My real name is the Ancestor I told you about the first night we met, Darius Jesu Sarimir." He couldent help but raise his chin a little when he prounouced his name.I was born August Fifteenth, in the year of our Lord 440 A.D." he paused for a brief moment."As per Mai, I have only met her once, at the Manor. I've wanted to speak with her some more, but the opportunity hasnt presented itself."

He allowed a moment's silence for himself to think some.he stopped again, looking her in the eyes. He bent his head down, closer to her face and asked in a very soft, almost whispering tone.

"If I may ask, where does your alliengence lie and what is the nature of your involvement here in Nachton?"
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe made a serious face right back at Peter. Darius. Peter. That needed clarifying. "So is it Peter, or is it Darius?"

As they walked, she chuckled at his next question. "So solemn." She tugged her lips downward, not sure where her mischief was bubbling up from but having fun anyhow. "My involvement here in Nachton," she echoed him seriously. Then she beamed again and lifted her shoulders. "If you're asking how I'm connected to your kind? I'm just a plain old human. I belong to Evenhet."

She used the clan name instead of a specific vampire's. PetDariPeter... this vampire business could get confusing... well, either way he should understand that that meant she wasn't a familiar to one particular Evenhet.

"As to the other, I didn't lie about that. I did come to visit a friend initially... and I decided to stay. I like it here."

Her grin hadn't faded. "I can see how your garage might need the helpful hand of a human or two. Do you have familiars?"
Apollyon 18 years ago
"So is it Peter, or is it Darius?"

He returned with a playful smile

"To John Q Public, Peter, To our little society, Darius. To those who have known my true profession, I am Apollyon, The Angel of Destruction." He gave a graceful flourish in satire of himself.

He listened inently. "Evenhet eh? the plot thickens...." He had never had any association with them. He didn't care much for their philosiphy at all.

"I can see how your garage might need the helpful hand of a human or two. Do you have familiars?"

"To answer your question, No I've actually never had familiars. For the most part I'm what one might call a 'loner'.Hell, if you don't count the past month, I havent had much assoicaition with the clan at all." he paused again."This friend of yours is a vampire?"
Aishe 18 years ago
"Hmm. I should call you P.D. for Peter/Darius. It sounds like Petey, see?" She chuckled a bit, having the feeling the nickname would most likely just irritate him.

"Angel of Destruction... the only thing I saw you destroy tonight was that bottle of scotch," Aishe said.

"I can't imagine working a shop is going to be easy on your own. Unless that was just a coverup?"

Putting that thought aside momentarily, she answered his next question. "My friend, yes, is a vampire. You ought to meet him sometime."

If she ever knocked some sense into him, she thought to herself. She wasn't at all sure Kem and Peter would get along though. Peter oozed aggression and attitude, whereas Kem quailed at the thought of violence and generally got animated about long trips to the local bookstore or radio shack. She chuckled at the thought of the two meeting.
Apollyon 18 years ago
He chuckled at the Petey comment.

"I can't imagine working a shop is going to be easy on your own. Unless that was just a coverup?"

"Heh well as per the scotch, one can attribute that to many, many years of practice. We didnt exactly have soda back then, ya know?" he gave her a playfull nudge. "As per the shop, yes it is a cover up. My true talent lies elsewhere, however it doesnt mean that this shop won't be bustling with business"

Nodding at her reply he gave her a feral smile.

"My friend, yes, is a vampire. You ought to meet him sometime."

"For sure, he's gotta be pretty cool to keep ya around here."
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe swung her purse carelessly at her side while they walked toward the Towers. She nodded along to everything PD said.

"So you do plan on having it be a legit business," she mused. "You're going to need help. I wish I could lend you more than just a temporary hand, but I plan to apply at Meridian in the near future."

Aishe laughed at PD's next statement, shaking her head at the compliment.

Apollyon
"For sure, he's gotta be pretty cool to keep ya around here."

She smiled. "I certainly think he's more than cool. But I'm not sure how you two would get along, actually. He's... well, imgine yourself, and make it the opposite. Then again, opposites do attract. The two of you might be so perplexed by each other that you actually get along."

It was worth considering. She would certainly introduce Kem to the friends she'd made since arriving here in Nachton, if she ever found him.
Apollyon 18 years ago
Apollyon listened to the egyptian as they continued walking.

"Legit indeed, I must have a clean face before I can get involved with anything else.As per help, there's never a shortage of auto mechanics looking for work." he paused briefly
"And in response to the temporary hand, i'd be happy to have some company with me down at the shop. hearing her intentions to apply to meridan he replied. " I wouldent imagine you would want to stay very long anyhow, with your qualifications the pay I would offer you would be peanuts."

He listened to this discription of her vampire companion. He gave a roaring laugh as he responded.

"My opposite eh? Indeed that would be an interesting encounter!"
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe laughed incredulously. "Pay? Whatever would I want pay for? I offered to help out, I don't need to be paid. Free of charge, your own archaeologist to tell you exactly how old that engine is through extensive testing!"

At PD's laughter, Aishe shook her head with another little grin. "For all I know you've met before. Kem's just a bit older than you are. I believe he was turned right around 400 AD. I can't imagine you ever moved in the same circles, but who knows? It's a small world apparently."

They rounded the corner and Aishe saw Liefde and Meridian gleaming in the dim moonlight, the bridge between them a striking view against the city skyline. She was reminded of how much she actually liked living in Nachton, and with the Evenhet clan. It was still a surprise.

"There's home," she indicated the highrise with a wave.

Not exactly home. It was still missing someone. But she had the feeling she had family there nonetheless, and that made her love it.
Apollyon 18 years ago
They continued their walk. He smiled at Aishe, for the first time he was actually enjoying the company of a human.For the most part humans only to keep his bank account pleasantly stocked and his body swelling with strength.He was curious as to the depth of her association with Evenhet, He was most certainly impressed with her acquaintance of Mai,one of his clan's elders.

"Hmm a most curious specimen of a human indeed." he thought to himself as they neared the spot where he had picked her up.

They continued their walk and he would be lying if he wasn't inpressed by the view he had received and replied

"So thats your home eh? It's beautiful"

The two continued to walk alongside each other. Combined with the view of Liefde,and the dim moonlight, It was almost like a painting. The tall Roman and the small, yet feisty egyptian.He walked just a foot ahead, as if being the protective brother he had been used to being in his time as a human. his eyes darted through the night, making sure that no danger laid ahead.Returning his attention to Aishe, he glanced at her and continued walking by her side.
Aishe 18 years ago
Aishe almost chuckled at PD's protectiveness, but it would have done him a disservice to tease; she was perfectly safe her in Evenhet territory, as it were, but she couldn't say she didn't appreciate having someone look out for her nonetheless. So she kept her mouth shut on this occasion, telling the mischief-maker inside to quiet down.

Standing outside Liefde, she nodded her agreement with PD's assessment. "It is beautiful." She was going to add 'you should see the inside,' but of course she doubted that would ever happen. Even if it weren't for the fact that they were from two different clans, Aishe wasn't about to bring guests into the Towers.

She smiled up at PD. "Thanks for the walk home. And the frisbee game. One of these days I might actually give you a run for your money."

Turning toward Liefde, she gave him a little grin. "Call me and let me know how setting up the shop is going. I can't wait to see it!"

They'd been out most of the night. She knew the sun would be up within the next couple of hours and she didn't want PD to linger. Although it was worth checking with MARI perhaps, if vampires could withstand the early morning or late evening sunlight at all.

Pausing at the entrance to Liefde, she gave her friend a wave. "Get yourself home, PD," she said with a grin. "I'll see you later!"

It wasn't until she was in he elevator on her way up to her rooms that she realized she'd left her backpack in PD's car. Ah, well. She'd have to get it tomorrow night or the next. She was too tired to go all the way back for it now. She yawned as she left the elevator and headed to her temporary abode, ready for a good day's sleep.

((ooc: Aishe out pending response from Petey!))
Apollyon 18 years ago
As they closed in on the entrance, He decided to impart a word of advice.Softening his tone again he began to speak.

"Listen, I'm sure you have made some good friends in our little society the past month. We can be intelligent and noble, but there is a darker side to us. This is the side that when you do see, You'll see that we are no better than beasts.I suppose in short I'm telling you to be careful." Apollyon stopped for a pause and smiled. " and on that note, Adeiu"

Apollyon looked back on the Towers as he began the walk to his car. It was indeed beautiful.

(OOC:Apollyon Out)