Snips and snails and puppy dog tails...

Sadly sulking, Nic entered Liefde slightly breathless. When Kem said NOW, Nic took it to mean just that, and ran most of the way back to the towers.

Along the way, he did some thinking on why exactly he seemed to be having such a difficult time of it, since coming to Nachton. The only idea he could come up with was that maybe clan life just wasn't in his cards.

Though he had been part of Evenhet for as long as he could remember, it had been in name only. He moved around so much, he just never took the time to get in with the clan or it's people before. And, had he not screwed the pooch so badly since coming to Nachton, he might have not really gotten too involved then.

However, whether it was this stage in his life, or something else, Nic had the desire to really belong to something, and somewhere, now. It was sad to think that he might not have the emotional where-with-all to handle it now.

Knowing that MARI had to be around somewhere, he casually greeted her, as he started up the stairs. If she didn't pick up on it, it wouldn't be a big deal. He figured she probably wouldn't be too happy with him now either. It was difficult for him to think of her as just a machine. Nic still pictured some woman somewhere sitting in a room, and talking for the AI. For with his lack of knowledge on modern computerized technology, it was a little less creepy, that way.

When he got back to his suite, he was relieved to see his things weren't sitting outside in the hall. He wouldn't have been surprised if they had. The first order of business was to shower, and redress, tossing the buttonless shirt into the waste bin.
Then, curling up on the couch, Nic waited. For what, he didn't know...he just knew something was bound to happen.

(ooc-Ok...he's ready for whoever wants to rip him open...or as ready as he'll ever be )

Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
Having given Nic enough time to hopefully finish up whatever he was doing and hightail it back to Liefde, Kem figured a little check-in wouldn't be out of place. All the better to deliver his... orders.

He'd spoken to MARI already, and she'd be on the lookout for Nic, a fact that Kem found distasteful. He hated the very idea that they now felt forced to monitor Nic's movements. Indeed, Kem felt no small amount of guilt over tonight's happenings, as it was indirectly his responsibility to 'watch out for' Nic, as it were. By association, any ill to come of this night, Kem felt, was as much his fault as Nic's.

Those thoughts were depressing at best, particularly for one whose reputation for dealing with depression was poor at best. Kem shook his head at himself and reached out, yet again, with his mind.

[You back, Nic?]

His voice was clipped, but fortunately not as agitated as it had been previously. He awaited the response that he knew would probably not be very long in coming at all.
Nicholae 18 years ago
Bored with reading his book, Nic turned on a football game, but since it wasn't one of his favorite teams, he began to doze.

["You back, Nic?"]

"Whaaa?"

Ah...it was Kem. Sitting up, as if he needed to show proper respect while conversing with the other man, even if it was in his head...

[Yes, Kem...I have returned, and am tucked safely into my suite.]

Nic's answer was dead serious. He could tell by Kem's voice, that there wasn't much of anything social going on there, and Nic wasn't so stupid to think now was the time to joke about.
Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
Kem had barely had time to lean back in his chair and cross his long legs before he heard Nic's voice.

[Good. I... well, I'm sorry to have to say this, but you're ordered to remain here at Liefde. Indefinitely.]

He couldn't bring himself to mention that MARI would be keeping tabs on Nic; hopefully he'd figure that out for himself.
Nicholae 18 years ago
The words didn't come as any surprise, though with Ellis dead, it now seemed that the decision for Nic to remain at Liefde was pure punishment. All in all, he could have heard worse words come out of Kem's mouth...or mind.

[I expected no less Kem, though with Ellis dead...well...surely 'indefinitely' is just a manner of speaking?]

Nic wasn't about to make waves now. He knew he had once again fucked up...and once again he had to consider that the reason behind it was the close connection he had sought to establish with the clan.

He was just pretty sure 'indefinitely' wouldn't work for him, and if it came down to having to leave town, or staying an Evenhet prisoner 'indefinitely', the former choice would win out.

He was liking the idea of the clan, and had really begun to form some friendly ties that he didn't particularly wished to dissolve, but so far in his life he'd never been in such a mess, while on his own. Maybe passing as human, the way he had been all these past hundred years, was the way he was destined to live.

[Forget I said that...I will await your further word.]

He sighed heavily.
Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
Apparently things still needed clarification. This whole extravaganza was making Kem wonder if Alfarinn's trust in him to keep an eye out for Nic hadn't been just a teeny bit misplaced.

[Let me clarify. You're being ordered to stay at Liefde for your own safety. It's not above Tacharan to have had you followed, and even if Ellis is dead, which we will verify through sources other than Ellis' familiar, they probably still have it out for you. Consider me paranoid and humor me on this.]

Kem paused a moment, and then gave a huff as he sat there. [Look, Nic. I'm sorry. I should have been more forceful with you. I know you're new to Nachton, and I know you weren't fully aware of how things work. I was entrusted to keep you out of danger, and apparently I should have been more diligent. For what it's worth, you have my apologies.]

He was hard-pressed to force all the blame on Nic... although in the back of his mind, he was still a little more than irritated at the man's rashness.
Nicholae 18 years ago
Maybe that was it...the clan took this whole thing about Ellis and the threat to Nic much too seriously. But Nic was ill equipped to try and show them the error of their thinking. Nic just couldn't see how he, a lowly, vampire actor, could ever be considered a threat by anyone, and thus in need of being watched or followed.

He would not argue the point with Kem though. Kem was probably the wisest man Nic knew, and though that didn't mean he would follow him blindly through all things, it did mean he respected what the man had to say.

[I would say, 'trust me Kem'...I understand; however, I know your trust in me is shot to hell, and I don't blame you. I will remain in Liefde, and not venture out again, for now. I cannot promise I will be able to remain indefinitely. I can promise you though...should these terms become unbearble, I will only leave to leave Nachton as well, and only after discussing the matter with you.]

Nic wanted Kem to believe him, and how better than to tell him the complete truth as Nic saw it.

[Don't you dare apologize to me, Kem. You have done nothing but try to help me out of one mess, and now another. I'm sure you would rather be doing something a lot less worrisome, than babysitting a wayward vampire, and it is I who apologizes to you, for being a burden. I consider you one of my only real friends here in Nachton, and just wish I could have been a better friend to you.]

Nic didn't do guilt well, and already had a plate full. He wasn't about to let Kem add to it, when it was completely unnecessary. Not that he thought Kem was doing so purposefully. But Kem had no reason to feel sorry for anything he had done...not in Nic's eyes.
Kem`Raaisu 18 years ago
Kem listened to Nic, half glad he was taking responsibility for himself, half unconvinced.

[Indeed,] he responded to Nic's claim of friendship. Touchy-feely emotional stuff wasn't really his thing and had a tendency to make his toes curl, but on this occasion it wasn't unwelcome. He liked Nic in spite of his flaws. He couldn't be unhappier about the turn of events that endangered his clan, but all the same he didn't wish anything bad to happen to Nic for something Kem should have been aware of as well.

He knew Nic was impetuous and he'd known he was restless as well. Those clues should have tipped him off and he should have kept an eye on him. Should have, should have. It did no good now.

[I'll look out for you as best I can.] It was really the only way he could express all of that, although he wasn't sure if Nic would understand the sentiment behind it.

[I'll be leaving Meridian shortly. If you need me, you have the number.]

He was going to write tonight off as unproductive. He'd been working hard lately, something that served to keep his mind off that little thing called a 'bond' that he was trying very hard to ignore, and tonight seemed like a good night to cry off and claim uselessness. He heard Zoe calling him. A cat toy, a few movies, and a date with several alcoholic bevereges were defintely in order.

((ooc: Kem out pending response))
Nicholae 18 years ago
He was being dismissed, and he didn't like the fact that Kem was still putting himself up as Nic's guardian. Whether or not Nic felt he needed supervision, Kem had taken the job. Part of Nic was grateful, and part of him resented it.

But there was nothing to be done about that now.

[Yea, Kem...funny one that.]

He had the number...this inter-cranial cell phone set up was mighty convenient. Nic wondered if there was some way it could be done artificially...like inserting a chip into your ear.

[Have a good night Kem, and though you may not think it means anything...thanks. Over and out.]

Grinning a little, Nic was totally awake now, and needed a distraction. His best bet for now, would be to just go work out till he passed out, or came damn near.

Changing into a tank and shorts, as well as his track shoes, Nic grabbed a towel, and headed for the gym.
Artemis Bellezone 18 years ago
Artemis was walking along with his mind firmly planted on his plans for later. Gadgets, machinery, science, these were things Artemis knew. Dating on the other hand, he found himself completely at a loss. He shifted the bolts of cloth he held under one arm, the silky material kept slipping. Under the other arm, he carried a metallic box the bordered on abused and ugly. In his hand, he carried a cardboard box with a handle, the image on the box suggested that inside was an interesting clock with lights and a fast moving dial that waved like an old fashioned metronome. Most who knew Artemis would wonder what sort of invention he was working on with these objects and what sort of nefarious function it served. Their guesses would be wrong.

Looking up fro the bolts of cloth, he spotted a familiar figure that he had noticed coming into the towers not long ago when he was there looking for Crispy. Artemis was glad to see the man's mood appeared to have picked up a bit. Smiling, he called out to the other man.

" Hello Nic. On your way to the gym as well? I was looking for a friend of mine who can at times be found there."

Artemis shifted the bolts of material again. Giving up, he set the bolts down. His hair had gotten caught between a couple of them. After all of the trouble he went through to remove the sand, he had not felt like braiding it and had settled for simply cinching it at the nape of his neck with a leather cord. This turned out to be a mistake. Pulling the hair free and over one shoulder, Artemis stood up. He didn't stop to consider what the other poor man must have been thinking as be removed his belt. Artemis tended to take it for granted that the people of Meridian were used to his enigmatic solutions. Belt in hand, Artemis bent down and fastened the leather around the bolts of silk. Using what little bit of the belt that remained as a handle, Artemis gathered his other items and stood to face the man, smiling amiably.

" Glad to see you seem to be feeling a bit better. I saw you as you entered the towers earlier. You looked as if someone had taken away your favorite toy. Things are picking up for you I hope."

Artemis looked down at the box containing the clock. He hoped he found Crispy in the gym. The clock was for him. Well, o.k. the pieces were for him. Artemis had taken the clock apart to see hot it worked and then forgot to put it back together. Spare clock parts go to Crispy, that was the way of it. Still, finding the man sooner rather than later would mean Artemis had more time to work on his gift for Pak.

" You remember Pak don't you? Which material do you think she would like the blue and silver, the red and black, or the gold on gold? It has been nearly 1600 years since I went on a real date, things were much different then. Clubbing them over the head was much simpler."

Artemis grinned and hoped the other man didn't think he was serious about clubbing Pak over the head. It probably wouldn't turn out so well for him if he tried.

" Think holographic flowers is too much? Should I try chocolate? I doubt she would appreciate holographic chocolate."
Nicholae 18 years ago
Seeing Artemis in his path towards the gym, Nic briefly contemplated turning around. He had nothing against the man, though he barely knew of him, but Nic really wasn't in the frame of mind for entertaining anyone. Even conversation seemed almost too much for Nic to bear.

But then he realized that just going to the gym was putting himself in position to run into any number of people, and maybe subconsciously that's what he was looking for.

"Yea...I need to work off some...energy."

Nic answered, slightly distracted by what the other guy was doing. Seeing Artemis battle his armload of things, Nic was about to offer assistance. But Artemis quickly tied things up and reorganized the entire bulk of what he was carrying, and was now much better able to continue on unassisted. Taking note of the individual items, Nic couldn't make heads or tails of what they might be for.

"Yes...I met the two of you at the mall. You had the interesting little toy car. I'm afraid I have no clue to offer you with regards to your question. I can barely dress myself...thank god for personal shoppers."

Usually Nic saw a suit on tv, or in a magazine, and gave a description to someone at the firm in England. They took care of having it made up, and then it was delivered wherever he was at the time. His measurements were on file there, and having his clothes custom made was how he had existed low these many years.

"My personal preference for her might be the blue and silver. I seem to recall she has blue eyes...and with her black hair, that might be a good combination."

He had to shrug though. A woman normally had pretty strong opinions on the colors she liked to wear. Nic wondered why Artemis hadn't known Pakpao's choice. As it didn't concern him, he let the question go.

The comment he made on 'clubbing' was worth a chuckle, and Nic nodded his head knowingly.

"You seem to be going all out for your date. I'd have to agree with you there, anything holographic might not be appreciated much. You could wind up with a holographic woman if you decide to date her again."

Nic winked at his own joke, and continued on towards the gym.

"Though I am sure you must know Pakpao well enough to anticipate her likes?"

And recalling a few of the looks he had thought Pakpao may have intended for him, the last time he'd seen her, Nic wanted to advise Artemis of the wise move it might be to truly have a club with him, during the date.
Artemis looked down at the blue and silver material. Pak did seem to like the color a bit. Hadn't she worn something blue to the creation ball? Artemis grinned at the image of her engulfed in his military cloak. It was about that time that he realized that Nic was under the impression that he intended to dress Pak. His grin deepened and then he chuckled lightly.

" Nic, my friend, I think you misunderstand me. I may be old, but I am still undead. Just because Pak would look beautiful in anything she wore, doesn't mean I have to encourage it."

Artemis gave Nic a wink before shifting the box of clock parts to the hand holding the belted material. Then, he held the ugly metal box in front of him with his free hand. The metal itself was nothing special to look at. There were the obvious heat marks and discolorations where it had been welded. It was just plain ordinary abused metal. The top plate, however, was slightly different in that it was completely covered with tiny holes not bigger than the head of a pin. One of the side plates was different as well. It appeared that an oval about the size of one's thumb had been cut out of the plate and then re-inserted a touch smaller than it was before. It did not need to be red with the words 'push here', for most people to figure this might be a button of some sort. Artemis pressed the button with his thumb. After moment, hundreds of lights shown through the tiny holes. The lights we various lengths, colors, and intensity. The combination of all of the lights together formed the perfect light rendered iris. Artemis hit the button a few more times causing the box to cycle through a few other flowers before finally turning off.

" This is what I meant by holographic flowers. The metal was an unfortunated necessity for the casing, though I will not bore you with those details. The fabric is to hide the metal and make the box more presentable."

The uniqueness of Pak and the complexity of her moods was something that Artemis understood. It was also something he would never discuss without her permission. Still it seemed almost necessary to explain why he was in a quandary over the material.

" Pak has many interests and quite a bit of history. Trying to find one single thing to define her would be extremely difficult. Still, I may have to give up and let my cat choose. Pascal has a better sense of people than most."

Artemis shifted the items he was carrying again. He was now in a better position make his way to the gym. He had been so wrapped in his date preparations that he had almost forgotten that Nic had an agenda as well.

" Work off some energy huh? Used to be when I felt that way, I would chase a little stoat around the garden. Hit my head more than once on a low hanging tree branch. So fidgety in general or is there something specific?"
Nicholae 18 years ago
If Artemis was paying any attention to the looks on Nic's face, he would have seen pretty much the whole gamut pass over. Nic went from thinking he understood, to confusion, to having no real idea what in the hell the guy was talking about.

"About the only thing I got out of that whole spiel was that you are really hot for Pakpao...and for the rest of it you'll have to trust your instincts. That box looks really interesting, and no doubt she's going to love it...but I'd stick with my first impression, and stay with the blue and silver."

Still looking the box over, Nic again wondered just what he'd gotten himself into, among these Evenhets. Everyone of them seemed brains beyond him, in just about every aspect of life...even little Theo.

The comment on the cat he totally overlooked. The last thing he wanted to hear was that a cat was smarter than he was. He'd had enough leveling experiences lately...that type of thing might not be recoverable from.

"You made that little flower light box...yourself? How did you learn how to do that?"

Still shaking his head in amazement, Nic didn't let it get to him too much. He'd learned a hundred years or so ago, not to fret over things he couldn't change...after trying to change them for a few decades first.

Though the picture Nic now had in his head, of Artemis chasing around a little weasely creature, even after hitting his head on tree branches, brought a smile to his face. He might not have the wherewithal to make such a fancy box, but he sure as hell would have learned not to run into a tree, after the first time.

Yet he swore to himself, had Kem been there and heard those thoughts, he would have laughed his head off. After what Nic had just done, Kem probably didn't think Nic could be taught anything.

"Yea...fidgety in general...being cooped up...feeling like an ass, and not being able to seem to change that feeling. Sometimes if I work out hard enough, the focus blocks out everything else, and I can just...pass out. Better than drugs...almost better than sex...almost."

Nic watched Artemis' face for a sign as to whether he believed that statement or not. He also saw the guy shift the things around again.

"You want me to carry something? I've got free hands."
Nic certainly had a way with words. Hot for Pak was it? Artemis had to laugh. He certainly could not deny it was true. Still, he had not had her name sewn into his boxers yet so he must still have some amount of sanity left.

" Yes, I suppose I like her quite a bit. Though lets keep the temperature thing between us. That woman has far too much power as it is. She speaks to MARI daily you know, so she can learn all your secrets."

Artemis grinned and hoped the other man knew he was joking. Though come to think of it, Pak was a programmer and therefore -did- speak to MARI on a daily basis. Artemis doubted whether Pak or MARI would disclose the contents of those coversations. That settled it, he would have to develop a code of some sort and keep it secret from the women in his life. A series of grunts maybe? Archaic but effective. During his musings, he had been showing Nic the function of the flower box. Smiling with a touch of pride in his creation, he nodded in answer to Nic's question.

" I have found that many times when a person has a deficiency in one area, they have a profound gift in another. This is my profound gift. I have always seemed to just understand the way things work or should work. Formulas and Mechanics make sense to me. More that people sometimes. The rest has been from books and studying. There are benefits to looking like the eternal college student."

Artemis did not expand on what his deficiency was. Nic could probably guess at the basics even if he did not know the cause. To go into that would require a lecture in neuroscience, and Artemis was sure the other man would rather go without that.

Artemis nodded as Nic explained a bit about his own mood, glad for the topic change. He could not completely relate to Nic's restlessness. When he himself was restless and fidgety it was usually from being idle and not from a need to get out. Actually there was probably only one person who got out of the towers less than he did. He sighed, still disappointed that he could not find the recording of the barking dogs that he used to have attached to a motion sensor on his lab door. Putting aside thoughts of an upgrade to his visitor deterant, he smiled.

" I would agree, keeping active is generally good. There are times when I miss the hard labor of the vineyards. I am sure you will feel much better after your workout."

Artemis was unsure if Nic wish to discuss what was bothering him or let it slide. Not wishing to make the man feel he had to talk or that he couldn't, Artemis added a bit more to his statement.

" I am sure you will find that by the time you finish, whatever it is will not seem that bad. If you are still troubled, you are welcome to stop by the lab."

At the offered help, he nodded and handed Nic the box of clock parts.

" Thank you. I was going to give that to Christian Bern. I was told he was in the gym, and I am hoping he is still there. Having the head of security as a friend can only be a good thing. Though there are some crimes that even being close to a clan elder will not save you."

After a brief pause he continued.

" Talking in theaters is quite bad. There is no escaping the impending doom. I am told there is even a special hell for it."
Nicholae 18 years ago
Nic chuckled at Artemis' request to keep his feelings for Pakpao confidential. Nic thought it might be great fun to tease the both of them the next time he found them together. Or even to just tease Pakpao. He didn't think there were a lot of things about, that threw her off guard, yet he thought this subject might. Well, he could still probably figure out a way to tease, and not betray anything he learned today.

The comment about MARI threw Nic a little. He already felt like eyes were watching him every second of the day, having Artemis confirm it, gave him a slightly queasy feeling.

"That is a great gift to have. Makes me wish I knew what mine was, since you're so positive everyone has one."

Acting used to give Nic great pleasure, and he had won enough awards to know he had been well respected. It had just been so long since he'd done much. He still had to wonder if maybe Broadway would have a place for him. Being able to act, and not worry about his face being captured on film, might again give him the freedom he needed in that business. He would need to check into that further.

"Vineyards? I come from family orchards as well...but I never really had much of a head for that line of work. We do still have some holdings in Romania, but nothing like they were back in the day. At least I've some talent for money, and by diversifying profits into other ventures in my homeland, I've been successful in keeping the winery's going, as well as expanding my personal portfolio. I guess that might be my gift, at the moment."

Iuliana had taught him a great many things, but probably the most helpful, aside from survival, was the power of money, and how to make it grow. Though he didn't have a strong feel for numbers himself, he had a knack for finding those who did, and then utilizing them. His main talent was in choosing companies that made money themselves, and reaping those benefits. He didn't truly understand it, but his investments in munitions back in the thirties and forties, as well as land - not only in Romania, but a lot of it in the US, back in the forties and fifties, was an example of how well he had done most of his life.

And too, he was only an extravagant spender in certain ways, and all the while paying attention to not spending on whims.

Nic took the box of things, and walking again, made the turn towards the gym.

"I've not yet met Mr. Bern, though if he's head of security, he probably knows me."

A self deprecating smile, with a small shrug, and Nic tried to let the comment go. But Artemis' continuing on to mention the bit about clan elders, gave Nic additional pause.

"Yea...I hate that too...and there should be purgatory for those who feel they are above common courtesy."

Especially if they were talking during one of Nic's scenes!

"Thanks for the invite to the lab too. I might stop by just to see how things are down there. I've been helping Kem out in the archives, and I'm pretty sure I'm more just company for the man, it is interesting to see all that goes on down there."

Nic wasn't much into dumping his problems on others though. Kem...well, Kem was different. Kem was there when Nic was in dire need, and Nic really had no choice but to tell him what had happened. Artemis seemed a likeable enough chap, but telling him what was bothering Nic...REALLY bothering him, wouldn't do anything.
Artemis listened and nodded as Nic spoke. Nic's inquiry regarding his own talent made Artemis smile, even while he chided himself for his logical thinking. He would have normally told Nic to consider the things he did to relax, that one could usually find hidden talents there. The problem was they were headed to the gym. Artemis doubted that Nic would appreciate the suggestion that he might make a talented fitness instructor. Artemis allowed himself a mental sigh. Logical thinking was not always helpful. He could hear his assistant Keri, saying, "You have to think outside the box Mr. Artemis." This usually came after he pointed out that the lyrics to whatever noise she was listening to did not make sense.

As they continued to make their wy to the gym, he decided to take the advice he had not given to Nic. Artemis did what he loved, whether it was in the lab inventing and fixing things or on the vineyard. Creating, he supposed, was his passion. But what did he do when he needed something else to relax? He drank excellent wine and talked to his cat. This made him what? A drunken cat whisperer?

This train of thought was thankfully interrupted by the mention of Nic's own experience with vineyards. Discussions on the vine were something he rarely got to enjoy outside of Italy.

" Vineyards are a special thing. Without that heart that you put into it, it is very difficult to make one successful. Recovering from the fire that happened just before I was turned was difficult. Since then, I have managed to increase my holdings. Of course now, according to local legend, the heir to the vineyard always changes his name to Artemis as part of a long standing tradition. The upside is that I do not have to remember an alias."

Artemis grinned at Nic. If talking about wine and vineyards had been rare, then being able to be honest about it was even more so. Artemis found he was quite pleased with not having to hide who and what he was. The conversation shifted once again. He chuckled as they debated the fate of the most common blight on theaters. The conversation then moved to Nic's current duties at the towers.

" Kem is a good man. I am sure you will enjoy working with him. Though if the dust starts to get to you feel free to stop by. I am sure we can find something to experiment with. Perhaps toss a few things from a mid-rise window and measure the circumference of the splatter? There is bound to be some useful data in that somewhere."

Artemis smiled hoping the other man's mood was lifting a touch.
Nicholae 18 years ago
"You are right on with that...vineyards really need to be in your blood...your being...to make them respond and work for you.

So Artemis is your birth name?"

Nic, being an actor for so long, had used so many aliases, that he couldn't remember them all. He always seemed to drift back to his given name eventually. Anything else always seemed just a different role he was portraying.

"Aliases can be difficult, you are lucky."

They had finally reached the glassed in doors to the gym. As it was the first time Nic had been there, again it was vacant. He pulled open the door, and held it for Artemis, having the free hand to do so.

"Man, it's just a sin that all this equipment just doesn't get used more often. At least I rarely see many using the facilities..."

He had hoped to work his ass off, and still planned to, but a little company was always enjoyable. Female company. Artemis was an interesting fellow, but he didn't come to workout anyway. Nic had hoped as had happened last time, at least one or two girls might be there as well.

He looked around for the security guy, but didn't see anyone. Holding the box of clock parts up, Nic inquired as to where he should now set them.

"Where would you like me to put these?"

He had really pleasured in the walk and talk with Artemis, and was glad he was slowly getting to know more of his clan mates. He doubted he would feel completely at ease with any of them, outside of Kem, until the whole debacle he had created was cleared up and gone.

But for now, even these little chats were having positive effects on his moods. And if he could keep his mind off his problems, he might actually have a nice afternoon.
Artemis smiled at the other man's understanding. It was better than the usual looks he was given when he waxed poetic about vineyards and wine. Well, actually he was typically given those looks whenever he spoke. At Nic's next question, Artemis had to laugh. He had been fortunate to find a way to keep his true name. He was far too honest, he probably never would have been able to give out a false one anyway. Hi, I am Pontificus. Haha. Just kidding. Wanted to see if you were paying attention. Yes, he would had a hard time with aliases. On the other hand, it was obvious why Latin was a dead language. Who in their right mind would name their child Pontificus. Or Nero for that matter.

" Yes, Artemis is my birth name. Though I was Roman, my mother was Greek."

Artemis smiled and nodded his thanks to Nic as he walked through the door. From the entrance, there appeared to be an absence of people. Artemis raised a long eyebrow as he silently looked around. MARI had been certain that Crispy was here. Perhaps he was further in the back or had already gone to the showers. Shifting his bundles, he took the box from Nic. Moving back toward the door, he prepared to leave. Artemis set the box of parts down at his feet and held out a hand to Nic.

" Well, it was good to see you again. Thank you for carrying this for me and for accompanying me this far. Since I do not see Christian here, I will just drop these off at the bookstore. He is bound to show up there eventually. Thank you again, I enjoyed talking with you. Feel free to stop by. Though you may wish to contact MARI or my assistant Keri first, so they can make sure I am not blowing something up when you arrive."

Artemis smiled at Nic as he planed the most efficient route to the bookstore in his mind. Yes, Son of Geezer was bound to show up there some time. Leaving the box of parts there was better than the alternative. There was just something wrong about handing a man a box of metal bits while he was in the shower.

(ooc: Artemis out pending reply)
Nicholae 18 years ago
It had been nice talking to Artemis. Nic still didn't feel as comfortable around him, as he did around Kem, but Artemis had a sense of adventure that Kem lacked. Nic was pretty sure Artemis would be a great guy to party with.

"You know, I'm trying to get Kem to cut loose some...maybe go out somewhere...if there is a bar at the mall, or somewhere within the confines of the Towers. If you think you might be able to find some time to pal around with the guys...I'm sure Kem would agree to have you join us..."

Nic left it as a question, but not one he expected an answer to, right away. He still needed to find out if there was any such place in Liefde, or Meridian, and then he had the real task of convincing Kem to go along.

Nic grabbed the door again for Artemis, as the other man was leaving.

"Yea, you too. Hope your event with Pakpao goes well...tell her I said hello."

Nic was still smiling when he was again alone, and he focused on his goal, as he moved to the treadmill, and began a nice jog.
Nicholae 18 years ago
The machine started to slow down, and Nic just let it. He'd been running for almost an hour straight, and not jogging, but full out running. As the treadmill came to a stop, he let it take him to the end of the machine where he stepped off, and then bent forward, hands on knees.

It felt great to feel the pain of his muscles as they screamed from the motions he had pushed them through. Grabbing his towel, and putting it around his neck, he moved to the board with the leg weights at one end, and hand weights at the other. Before he started in on the weights he removed his shirt and laid it beneath him, between his skin and the padding of the board. Then he just stretched out for a few minutes and let his body slow down some.

Once he figured he'd waited long enough he sat up, adjusted the weights at the bottom, slid his feet underneath, and then picked up the hand weights. Looking at the markings on the sides, he noted each was eighty pounds, and knew that was doable. So when he had gone back to lying down, he began lifting the weights on his feet, then right arm, then left arm, then again...and again...
Maeve 18 years ago
Maeve could not have been happier when she'd finally arrived at the Towers. She didn't mind traveling, but that cross Atlantic flight could be a killer. She sighed happily as she stepped into her suite, glad to see that it was the same as always. She'd used it a few times over the years when she had a show in New York. It just always seemed easier to have this home away from home rather than have to get a hotel room.

After making sure that her bags were properly stored in her bedroom, she stretched out on the very comfortable couch for a few minutes. She closed her eyes and leaned her head against the back of the couch. If she wasn't careful she was going to fall asleep right where she sat. Well she could always see if Fiona was around and get that conversation over with a bit early.
"MARI, is Fiona Gerard in the Towers?" She wasn't exactly surprised to hear that she wasn't. She was pretty sure she was still on her "date".

She pushed herself to her feet and made her way to the bedroom where she bagan to unpack her things. She was not at all to surprised to see that Mary had packed her things for any occasion she might encounter. She smiled with affection as she hung dresses and suits in the closet and tucked other things into the dresser. After everything was stored to her satisfaction she decided she might as well get some sleep. She'd get with Fiona as soon as she woke up that evening. She put on a silk slip nightgown and crawled into the big comfortable bed. She was soon fast asleep.

She woke shortly after dusk and stretched luxuriantly as she realized she'd let herself sleep in. That was such a rare thing for her. She checked with MARI again and was not completely surprised to hear that she still was not in the towers. After wrapping a fluffy robe around her she curled up on the couch to read. After a few hours she checked on her friend's whereabouts again. Frowning at the response she asked a different question.
"MARI, where is Fiona Gerard's suite located?" She could always go leave a message to let her know that she was here. Finding out that she wasn't staying at the Towers was a bit of a surprise, but then she figured that Fiona probably didn't know about the available suites when she came. She'd call her again later if she didn't hear from her soon.

Still feeling a few kinks in her back from the long flight, Maeve decided she had to get out of her room for a bit. Dressed in black yoga pants and a black tank top she made her way toward the gym. A long jog on the treadmill or some light lifting would stretch her out in no time. As she pushed through the door, she stopped as she saw someone lifting weights. She tucked the bangs that always managed to come loose when she braided her hair behind her ear, and gave a friendly smile.

"Are you claiming all of the equipment in here for your own or would you mind a little company?"