A Different Direction (attn: Carol and/or Simon)

Ginnie stood bent in half over what appeared to be a cadaver with a very small would in it's thigh. It was in fact a newly turned vampire under very heavy sedation. She watched as the tiny bullet would closed, and sighed.

Ginnie had finally gotten the cauterizing bullet made and it worked...sort of. It wasn't closing the entry wound. It didn't start the cauterizing process until .0023 seconds after entering and so there was still a great deal of blood loss. It was discouraging to say the least.

She straightened and looked down to make notations on the clip board that held this vamps chart. His name was Cliff or Clay or something like that, she never remembered. He had been with her for just over a month and so far had done well on the four days under/four days awake regimen that they kept the lab rats on. She sighed and looked at the back of the chart, he was due to be released soon, and she was glad of that, he made weird noises in his sleep.

She moved to the computer station in the room and pulled up the day's calendar.

"Well, shit."

Monthly meeting with Ellis, was typed in bold face for her first meeting that evening. It suddenly occurred to her that her research might no longer be needed. She did what she did so that the Mercs could bring down and in Newly turned to be harvested for Eternity. Would they still continue to do that sort of thing or with Ellis gone would the production and sale of E stop? She needed to talk to Simon.

"Computer."

"Hello Ginnie." Came the smooth female tones of her voice regog program. It wasn't an AI, just the computer talking like a Lexus does.

"Call Carol."

"Command accepted, please hold."

Ginnie sat staring at the screen while it dialed, she really wasn't prepared for this at all.

((OOC take your time, poor Ginnie just needs some direction.))

Carol 18 years ago
Carol had just arrived in Duibne with Simon when Ginnie's call came in. Upon answering the phone and seeing it was Ginnie, Carol separated with Simon and decided to walk down to Ginnie's lab.

'Hello, Ginnie! I'm on my way to your lab, something up?'
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Up, no, but I have some questions."

She had a ton of questions. She figured Carol could answer them just as well as simon, she assumed that their new relationship, didn't change Carol's position with in the company or Clan.

"Oh, I had a retinal scanner placed on the outer door, but your biometrics are already in it. Just come on back to the testing room, I'll be here."

She instructed the computer to hang up and went back to entering her data, her leg bouncing with nerves.
Carol 18 years ago
Carol made her way through the modern gadgetry that was Ginnie's lab and found her, as instructed, in the testing room. She caught her reflection on the surface of one of Ginnie's cabinets and unconsciously she checked her reflection. She wore a pink leather pleated mini skirt with a white spiderweb mesh top and a matching pink leather strapless bra underneath. Matching spiderweb stockings with slight platform sandals finished the outfit. Still, she preferred her knee high combat boots.

With a curtsey and a smile, she greeted Ginnie.
'Hello, sweet pea. What's shaking?'
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie had known when Carol arrived, due to the proximity sensors, but she continued to work, stopping only when the blonde entered the room. She looked up at her and grinned. She always got a kick out of Carol's outfits and today's was no exception. Ginnie's own out fit of hello kitty scrubs and white lab coat, rather paled in comparision.

"Hey, thanks for coming down."

She stood and walked over to a table with three folding chairs.

"Have a seat."

Ginnie sat and sighed softly. She might as well get it over with.

"I'm just going to get right down to it. I was sitting here thinking that what I do may no longer be necessary any more and that my department might be...dissolved. I mean all I do here is develop weaponry that will make blood loss minimal so that more blood can be harvested. I mean are we still going to be producing E, and all of that?"

Yup, sounded stupid, of course they weren't going to fire her. Man, this whole thing was stupid, she should have just left it be until they came to her. But she just had to know what to expect. Things were were going to change, sure, and she needed to know how much and where.
Carol 18 years ago
Oooh, Carol thought. It was a good question, one Simon hadn't directly talked about yet.

'Good question, we hadn't talked about that in length yet. We're anticipating the call from the Elders and with what Ellis had us doing...it might go over too well. I'd continue as planned with your research. Simon's vision was as much Ellis...just minus the farming of friend and older vampires. Tacharan's business is about killing, that's what we do, that's what we're good at. Don't worry about your research within Duibne, we'd never take that away from you.'

Carol hoped that answered Ginnie's questions. Carol text messaged Simon to let him know his presence was needed when available down in Ginnie's lab.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Well that settled things for her. She wondered if Carol or Simon would take as active an interest in her work as Ellis had. It seemed, to her anyway, that Ellis practically danced in her seat when Ginnie told her about the newest weapon or development. That would be fine if they did, but she hoped not, since it always creeped her out just a bit.

"Thanks for your honesty Carol. I would still like to talk to Simon. He needs to be caught up to date with what's going on in here, or I could just tell you. Want a tour?"

Ginnie stood and crossed to a fridge just kind of standing on it's own by the back wall. The crew in this part of the lab used it for their lunches and sodas, Ginnie kept water and apples in it. Apples helped when she got mad and wanted to bite something. She pulled out a water and looked over her shoulder at Carol.

"Want anything? There's water, Coke, diet Doctor Pepper, and uh a few of those cold Starbucks things, says they're mint flavored."
Carol 18 years ago
'Nah,' Carol waved off the offer of a drink. 'I'm good, but I'd love to look around. I've only ever read the reports for Ellis.'

She mentioned Ellis' name still about fifty times a day. The clan, as a whole, will never lose her taint. Her smell. Her presence.

'No...I'm alright,' she repeated again.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie smiled and shut the fridge, and opened her water. It would be a long time before people could have a conversation about work or the clan that didn't include their late leader.

"Well since we are here we can start here."

She walked back out into the hospital of the future environment. Along half the back wall was a stainless steel counter with glass cabinets above and neatly labeled steel door cabinets below. the counter held trays of instruments, a micro scope, several remote controls and a computer. The second half of that wall was covered in brushed steel for easy clean up. In the center of the room was one gurney, which held the afore mentioned Clay...erm Cliff, then again it could be Craig. The gurney was latched into a docking station, two more identical stations sat evenly spaced next to it. Ginnie rarely had all three stations full, unless she'd had a major break through and extensive testing was needed, also known as rarely.

On the wall opposite the counter was a small desk area that was most obviously Ginnie's. It held a monitor covered in bizarre little stickers, and a stack of papers that had either been entered or were awaiting entry, depending on their position in the stack. Down from that was the small table and fridge area, and beyond that, a door that lead into a different part of the lab.

"Well what we do in here is test my latest developments. I have a medical staff of three that take care of the newbies, make sure they get the proper fluid amounts and all that jazz. Right now I'm working on a self cauterizing bullet, and I must say my success is...lacking. It works, but not like I want it to. So I get to go back to the drawing board. I'd offer to show you how this works, but this half of the lab is on lunch or whatever time it is. Anyway they won't be back for another half hour."

She walked over to the back door.

"Come on, I'll show you my favorite part of my space."
Carol 18 years ago
The mention of bullets made Carol's ears perk. 'That sounds crazy cool.' As they continued on, her mind took in what Ginnie was explaining, but it strayed thinking about the meeting earlier. Ginnie had sat next to Alec. Carol, being the nosey woman she was, had to ask.

'So...how's Alec doing?' Carol grinned.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie spun to stare at Carol, ok she had no right to be surprised, but that caught her off guard. She smiled and led the way into an indoor digital firing range. Half the room was a regular old firing range, with partitions to separate the shooters, but the targets were 3D holograms. The second half was a large white screen that film could be projected onto. The simulator, popped up bad guys and you used a laser gun to shoot at them. The guns were fashioned like a 9MM semi-automatic and a double barrel shot gun.

She stopped in the middle of the room and turned back to Carol.

"He's doing great. You know, he lives with me now. We've been together since just after the Beast was taken, which I think is just after he got to Nachton. It's one of those he makes the earth shake under my feet kind of things."

She gave Carol a lopsided grin and turned to the white screen.

"Want to give it a go?"

'Oooh slick change of subject. Go Ginnie.' She had to cough to keep from laughing at herself.
Carol 18 years ago
Carol hopped up on the counter of one of the partitions and clapped.

'TELL ME EVERYTHING!'
Ginnie 18 years ago
'So..no.' She laughed at Carol's reaction. Ginnie put the gun she had been absently playing with, back on the control counter.

"What do you want to know?"

She tucked her hip up on the control counter and tucked her hands in her pockets.

"No, wait, I bet I know." She chuckled. "The sex is incredible. You know the mountains slide into the ocean and glaciers melt kind. It's really weird sometimes. I mean I've not felt for a man, well hell, any person since I lost my husband and this is so strong and so sudden and so...intense.

I love him, but it's like more than that, you know. I would die for him and there has never been another person in my life I would die for out of love. He's like no other person I have ever met, not because he doesn't have a memory or know about his, past, just who he is, is so...so...different." She pushed away from the counter and paced a couple of steps, why in the -world- was she telling all of this to Carol, probably because she just didn't have anyone else to tell and she had needed to tell some one for so long.

"He's just so much stronger than he thinks he is and I want to be the one that shows him and he's crazy good at his job and I want him to teach me. He makes me feel so...feminine and lovely, things I've not felt in so very very long."

She stopped moving and turned to face Carol. She scrunched up her face ans shrugged. "More than you ever wanted to know huh?"
Carol 18 years ago
Carol was waving at her eyes. 'I'm crying. Oh my god that's the sweetest thing EVER!' Wiping her happy tears away she clapped again for the obviously happy Ginnie. 'He is the cutest thing ever, huh? So sweet. Did you notice the blinking thing he does? It's hilarious. You guys are too cute together.' She started waving at her eyes again.

'UGH!' She laughed. 'So oh, so if this is forever...I look really good in blue and it's not necessary for me to be the bride's maid, but if you ask I WILL! Oh my god,' she held out her arms to Ginnie. 'HUG ME! I'm so happy for you!!'

Carol's natural exuberance was enhanced by her own happiness. Even though the future was tense for her as Ellis' old familiar, but now human companion of the assumed leader...and despite the fact that their clan was hanging on a thread...she was happy. And now two other people have found happiness within the cold confines of the Domicile as well.

'HUG ME QUICK!' Carol squealed with delight.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Laughing Ginnie closed the distance between them and wrapped her arms around the very delighted Carol. It was nice to share her happiness with another woman. 'Man I need to get some friends.'

"Thanks Carol, it means a lot."

Ginnie leaned back and pretended to carefully study Carol's face.

"You'd look good in green too."
Carol 18 years ago
Giggling, Carol dabbed the corner of her eyes with her hand. 'Well ok. Green is doable too.' Then gave her a bright smile.

Slipping off the counter, she turned around and took the gun Ginnie had offered her. She wrapped her fingers around the steel and the haolgraphic image blinked on. Squeezing the trigger, Carol let loose the bullets.

'I think Simon is still upstairs looking in on Evans, but I'm sure he'll want to discuss the Merc situation with you. It would appear that Gaia and the Harvesters are gone.' Carol spoke over the loud shots of her gun. 'The clan's status is undoubtedly across the city by now. Evenhet's Elder Alfarinn has requested a meeting with Simon already. The die is cast, so to speak....and quite honestly we could be fucked six ways from Sunday.'

Carol finished, lowering the gun. Looking back at Ginnie she said,
'With the Harvesters loose and now clanless, we're all at risk.'
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie took a deep breath, this could be very very bad, for all of them. She only had so much built in protection, and a band of rogue mercenaries could prove too much for it all.

"Well I'll be around when he has a chance. It's not exactly safe on the streets for Cobra right now, so I'm layin' low here in gun land."

She fingered one of the head sets on the booth she was near, watching as Carol nailed every single bad guy that popped up.

"Nice. Want to see the rest of my lair?"
Carol 18 years ago
'I text messaged him, hopefully he'll be down soon. If not, catching him in the Domicile should be easy enough.'

Carol touched her finger to her chin and did a slight courtesy at Ginnie's compliment.
'Sure, lemme see the rest. Show me everything.' Carol gave Ginnie and smile and held her hand out, encouraging Ginnie to show her the way.
Ginnie 18 years ago
She lead Carol out of the firing range and back trough the testing room, and into the main room of her lab. The wall opposite wall from them held shelves to the ceiling and each shelf held plastic bins. Each bin held parts for guns, bomb casings and other weaponry. There were no explosives in the bins so they had no need to be in the clean room. The outside of each bin held a tiny label with nothing but a number.

To the right of that wall, Ginnie's assembly table sat clear and clean, waiting for her next bout of weapons making. Above the brushed steel table was a small set of cabinets with frosted glass sliding doors. With in the doors were the tools needed for assembly.

The door that the testing room wall was on was lined with computers, four of them. One for design and drafting, one for data input, one was the Tach uplink that was in every room of the building and the fourth was for personal use, by the techies, games and things to take the edge off. The remaining wall contained the vault and the clean room.

The center of the room held an island with explosive mat and the tools for bomb making surrounded by protective plastic.

"Well this is where the magic happens. Most of it anyway."

She walked over to the vault and brought out the keypad. In the last two days it had been refitted with a new lock. Now it not only needed the password, but also a retinal scan, hand print and DNA sample. She just couldn't risk anyone getting into the thing. The lock released on a small rush of air and the door swung out into the room.

"Come let us skip through the candy store." She gave Carol a wink and a smile.
Carol 18 years ago
Carol was impressed with Ginnie's security set up. It smelled of paranoia and she loved it. As she entered her cell phone chirped quietly and hummed gently against its hidden place. Reaching down she plucked out her phone and looked at the message. With a sigh she gave Ginnie a sad look.

'Alas, dear sleeping beauty has awoken from his deep sleep.' She was referring to Kyle Evans. There was much to discuss with him and a debriefing was definitely a necessity.

'Show me the fun blow up stuff another time? I know Simon will listen when you're ready to talk to him. Give us a hug and I'll be on my way to check on our goober.'

Carol held her arms out for Ginnie and gave her a happy smile.

((OOC - Carol out pending reply. I figured I've held you up long enough =x We can pick it up later with Simon?))
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Sure, and I'll even make something that's sure to make your toes curl." She winked at Carol and pressed the close door button and the vault door swung closed.

"I have my cell, or he can page me through the system, but I'll be here or at home until I can be certain that all of Hillman's men are out of my circles."

She closed the short distance between them and wrapped her arms around the blonde.

"Thanks for listening, and giving me the straight up on all of this."

Ginnie had so very very much to think over and she had so very much to do. Showing Carol to the door, she held it open for the human and decided that Carol could be considered a friend now. Ginnie had alway been friendly with Carol, but had considered her off limits for anything beyond a work relationship. She and Carol should go get drunk together some time.

((Ginnie out. It's hard to say who was holding up whom. Just let me know when Ginnie can interrupt Simon.))