Psycho woman of his dreams. (Nova)

Alcohol induced dreams were usually quite vibrant and fun. Usually involving large animals or cotton candy. He was quite fond of them. But Eternity dreams were a bit more...psychotic.

Kyle was standing in the cold rain and it was, of course, night time. He shivered violently from the cold as he stood on a deserted street lit only by one street lamp. There was a brick building in front of him with a neon sign that spelled Hotel but the O and the T lights were broken.

H e l.

'Oh joy,'
Kyle muttered with his arms crossed.

Across the street was a pawn shop with gold lettering on the window. The lights were off. He turned back to the brick building and noticed the white door with the black scuff marks. Kyle stepped onto the stoop and pushed open the door and it swung loudly shut behind him.

He was suddenly in a broken down hotel room. Kyle turned around again and opened the door. Peeking out was a dimly lit hallway. On one end was a door poorly marked 'STAIRS'. The other end had a window and it was still raining outside. Kyle could not recall entering the lobby, checking in or coming up the stairs.

The room was very art deco circa 1920 style. An ornate lamp hung on the wall. Its glass shell was frosted yellow by age and broken on one end. There was a bed with a knit blanket and a single pillow. The walls were wall papered and again more filagree design, yellowed with age. A desk, one rickety chair, a bathroom with a glimpse of a single light bulb in its shadows. Kyle walked over and reached for light switch on the wall which was cold and damp, as if someone had just taken a shower in it. He flicked on the light and it was harsh and bright.

Kyle stepped back out into the room and sighed. He looked down at his clothes, they were partially dry but still damp and annoying.

'Well...this is...interesting.'

Nova 18 years ago
Nova gave a single knock on Kyle’s door before opening it and stepping inside, on the off chance he wasn’t sleeping like a rock. Not bloody likely, considering the sedatives, but people took to such things differently.

Yep, sleeping like a rock. That fact confirmed, Nova decided to roll out, since she’d done what she came here to do.

Why she was stepping closer she had no idea. And if anyone found out she had adjusted the blanket to cover him to his stubbly chin, she’d have to claim insanity.

Casting what she told herself was her final look at Evans, she paused in her motion to turn around and walk away. His eyes were flickering behind their lids.

He was dreaming.

Some people might have conscience issues with wandering around in people’s dreams. Fortunately, Nova was not plagued with such nonsense, and didn’t even really debate her next move. She sat down on the floor by Kyle’s bed, wrapped one hand around his wrist, and closed her eyes, concentrating on what she knew of Evans.

She was in the hallway again, looking for the right door. Again, some were locked, some were open with lights on, tempting her, but she passed those by, knowing none of them were Kyle’s. She walked for quite a while, it seemed, all the while thinking of Evans, trying to find the link to him, and when she found the door at last she was too relieved to wonder why it had come into her line of sight just when she had been thinking, not of one of his many….many yelling fits, but of the two of them talking on the bed while they waited for food.

She opened the door carefully, not knowing what to expect and with no other clear plan in her mind than checking out the lay of the land and possibly finding some element of his subconscious that might be useful in fighting his addiction.

She looked around the hotel room she found herself in, hoping to god he wasn’t having a sleazy sex dream of some kind, and was quite relieved to find him alone. Shrugging, she sat down on the bed, which changed to a much more comfortable four poster with piles of pillows. She was, once again, not the least bit troubled by the idea of walking into someone else’s dream like she owned it.

‘Some dream you’ve got here.’

She looked around, crinkling her nose.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle stood in the bathroom, shrugging off his wet jacket and unbuttoning his shirt. He looked at himself in the dirty mirror and was startled to see his face. The harsh lighting did nothing for his complexion, which was sallow and pale. He ran his hands through his wet hair and then shook the moisture off as he turned to hang his jacket on a wire hanger he found in the small hole in the wall that was suppose to be a closet. He hooked the wire hanger on the shower rod so it could dry. He stripped off his wet shirt and did the same thing with another wire hanger.

'No...wire...hangers!' Kyle muttered to himself.

His shoes squished and his feet were cold. Walking out with his head down, undoing his belt buckle, he heard her.

‘Some dream you’ve got here.’

His head jerked up and realized who it was.

'How?' Kyle pointed at Nova, who was sitting on his bed...well a new fancy girl type bed...in his dream. 'Is this a vampire thing or is this a side effect of the drug because I do not remembering ordering you but a rare steak and a blonde. You...are neither.'

His eyes narrowed. 'And why is it I seem to be half naked around you?' Kyle walked back in and grabbed the shirt off the wire hanger, putting it back on but not buttoning it. His shoes squished but he decided to keep them on.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova looked innocently at Kyle, which wasn’t an expression she pulled off very well. In fact, she was just plain smirking, but she tried to do so with a great deal of charm.

‘It’s –your- dream, Evans. How would I know why you’re giving me a strip tease in your dream?’

Snickering a little, she switched his shirt to the bright orange one she had brought him earlier, wondering when he would notice.

‘I’m just paying a little visit. We ‘unnatural beings’ can do that. Some of us, anyway.’

She flicked back her hair, turning it to a pale blonde with the gesture. There was a good chance she looked really stupid but it didn’t much bother her and she found it amusing.

‘But this dream kind of sucks. I think we can do better.’

With that, she jumped off the bed, landing ankle deep in cool sand. Fortunately she was wearing flip flops, and swapped out Kyle’s shoes with the same. Then she checked to see what else she was wearing; for some reason dreamwalking tended to make her paranoid about forgetting pants or something. Satisfied at the sight of khakis and a yellow smiley faced tee shirt, she looked up at Kyle, wondering if he saw the same thing. It was a little easier to control that sort of thing with humans but dreams were a funny business and sometimes really weird things happened. So far, though, he saw her as she was, or at least she assumed as much, but it took concentration to keep up an image and sometimes she got a little lax. At least that explained how the desert kept cropping up; it was the easiest thing for her to portray.

Shrugging, she walked to the door and opened it. Outside, parked on a sand dune that would turn to asphalt when they were ready, was her car.

‘Let’s take a drive.’

She made a ‘get a move on’ gesture, urging him out the door.

‘C’mon. I have an idea.’

Nova had no clue if this theory would work, but she had seen it in an Adam Sandler movie and it worked there, so she figured it was worth a shot.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Before his eyes, Nova transformed the room, apparently more suited to her taste. He rolled his eyes when suddenly his shoulders and armpits felt tight. Kyle looked down and sighed.

'Nova...' he lost his ability to speak when he noticed all the bright orange. The snug college shirt was on him again, but at least it was dry. Still, he held up his hands in a mock choking motion. 'You're over bearing even in my dreams?'

Kyle noticed her blonde hair and made a face. He didn't like that color on her. Suddenly her hair returned to its natural shade. He pointed, 'Your hair...'. The realization was hitting him now. If it was Nova in his dream and not the Eternity, and she was actually changing it by will alone...then why couldn't he?

Suddenly Nova's hair was out of its ponytail. It was longer than he realized and quite appealing. 'I don't like that outfit though.' As Nova walked towards the car she made appear, her outfit changed from her normal fare to a short sun dress with thin straps.

She did have nice legs.

Tilting his head, he figured he'd make it something more appealing to her. He changed it to khaki brown and as an afterthought, added small, quarter sized, yellow smiley faces all over it.

'Yes, this is much better.' Looking down at himself, he changed his wet slacks into dry jeans and made the orange shirt a little larger in the shoulders. 'Ok, let's go.' He ran around to the other side of the car and jumped in with a grin.

'Oh,' he said, 'one more thing.' Nova had conjured up a cool desert night, which in all actuality, was very nice, however he preferred a little sun. While now situated in the passenger car seat, Kyle concentrated as he stared out the window towards the horizon. Slowly, but surely, the sky turned a purplish red and the sun started its slow arc into the sky.

'A little dream sunshine won't hurt ya, right?' He looked over at Nova and his mouth slowly dropped open. The sun's rays made her skin look like bronze, its radiance twinkling in the sun. 'Guess not...' he said.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova snorted at Kyle’s comment that she was overbearing, thinking that the description of her personality was actually almost kind. She rolled her eyes at Kyle’s complaints regarding her outfit, thinking that if he really didn’t like it he would see something different.

She waited until Kyle got in and then opened the driver’s side door to step in. As she did, though, she noticed she was showing a hell of a lot more leg than she was revealing earlier.

‘What the…gah!’

That was what she got for not paying attention and underestimating the reporter, she supposed. Little shit was better at this sort of thing than she realized. She changed the dress to a pair of Bermuda shorts with the same pattern and a matching tank top and settled into the car.

‘Expect me to drive in a dress…’

She started up the firebird, taking a second to enjoy that wonderful sound, but at that moment she noticed the sky begin to change color.

‘Damn...I’m a have to come around here more often.’

She always wondered, when she remembered the sun, if the years had not chipped away at her recollection in much the same way as a long separation could result in forgetting exactly what a person looked like. She wasn’t sure, as she watched the sun rise, if her memories were distorted; once she saw the sun it was impossible to imagine it any other way.

She rolled down her window and stuck her hand out, feeling the slight heat on her skin, then reached back in and flipped down the sun visor, pulling out a pair of round shades with purple lenses. She looked over to Kyle, then reached across the seat and flipped down his visor as well, revealing a pair of sporty wrap arounds.

‘Alright, let’s go.’

A road stretched out in front of them, disappearing into a glittery horizon that might have been a distant city or a mirage. She put the firebird into gear and hit the gas, launching onto the road and picking up speed. Her hair whipped around her, but she was enjoying her car too much to care about that beyond noticing that it was now loose.

‘So…what we want to do is, er…’ Well now that she was about to say it out loud it kind of sounded stupid. ‘…find a place without all the bullshit associated with it. Like…um…have you ever seen Happy Gilmore?’
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle closed his eyes. 'My god you're cornball too.' Nova was of course referring to his 'Happy Place'. He muttered. 'Yes, Nova. I have seen Happy Gilmore. Yes, I had a happy place. I fondly referred to it as a fifth of Jack.'

Kyle looked over at her, annoyed now by her state of dress. He squinted, concentrating on her tank top. He made it a thin halter top, again with thin straps. He liked that. Moving onto her bermuda shorts, he inwardly bleched and shortened them to a rather sexy length. He could see the swell of her breast and he smiled.

'Now that's a happy place.'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova kicked up the speed, shifting gears fluidly, and grinned as the sand on either side of the road fell away.

‘So I’m a cornball.’ She shrugged. ‘Nevertheless, we are going to find your happy place. And it’s not going to be in a fifth of JD.’

The sun was blazing in the sky now, the dry heat bringing the inside of the car to a comfortable bake.

‘-God- I love this car.’

She looked over, grinning, in time to see Kyle’s matching grin and catch his comment.

‘See? We’re on to something…hey!’

Scowling as she observed the shift in her clothing, she turned back to watch the road, though she decided she was bored of the sleeping beauty style clothing changes. It had nothing to do with finding she mildly enjoyed that appreciative glance.

‘Ought to put you in a speedo or something. See how –you- like running around in next to nothing.’

She didn’t, however, make good on her threat. For the moment.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle squinted against the sunlight as it peered over the horizon. They were driving very fast to somewhere, not that it mattered. He stuck his arm out the window and let the wind blow dry his hair. Closing his eyes, he listened to Nova's threat with a smile. The wind was hot on his arm and the sunlight felt like a soft, warm blanket wrapping around him. There he was, in a ridiculously loud muscle car, speeding down a dirt road, heading towards the sunset with a leggy...well...vampire sitting next to him.

Kyle turned his head and cracked open his eyes. The sun was glistening the silver highlights in her auburn hair. She handled the car beautifully, shifting with ease and noticeably enjoying the power. He crossed his arms and openly looked at her, a grin forming on his lips again.

He'd never admit it, not in a million years, but Kyle could not pick a single moment in his life when he could have been happier. Suddenly he was a little sad he'd never get to see the sunlight on her skin.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova chewed on her tongue thoughtfully for a moment, making random additions to the scenery as she drove on. She added some rock formations in the distance and sped past a family of armadillos, then, for kicks, made a convenience store complete with a wood carved native American out front, snorting at her own joke.

Then she realized that it had gone awful quiet in the car and looked over at her passenger, suspicious, only to see him looking back at her.

She said the first thing that came to mind, rather roughly.

‘What?’

Frowning, she added:

‘You’re not helping. We’re supposed to be finding your happy place.’ Just hearing herself say the idea out loud in a totally serious tone was enough to crack her. She broke into a grin, shaking her head.

‘Okay, maybe this was a ridiculous idea.’ She shrugged. ‘I thought it might help.’ She shot Kyle another grin, showing teeth this time, before turning her attention back to the road. ‘Got you out of that hotel room at least.’

Shrugging, she formed the landscape ahead of them into a long, clean coastline, looking over to see if perhaps the ocean might appeal to him.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle turned away from Nova again. 'No, this is much better than the hotel. Even better than being awake, curled up into a sweaty ball.' He felt an errant hair touch his face and he reached up and touched his cheek. It was Nova's hair flying around the breezy car.

'Believe me, this is much better.' Kyle reached out and caught a bit of her flying hair and he tugged on it gently. 'So how much longer do I have to stay asleep? It's been at least three days, right? What's going on now? Speaking of which, how's your Simon doing?'

It was the first time he actually asked about the vampire he helped save. Maybe he was showing concern for him because it might mean a lot to Nova or maybe he was just thankful that this Simon helped him out of the burning inferno. It was probably because of Nova, but again he wasn't about to admit that. Another auburn colored wisp of hair flew by his face, unconsciously making him smile again.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova absently swatted in the air, not making contact with anything other than her hair, which really was getting everywhere. She figured that Kyle had pulled on a strand because it was annoying him and decided in her infinitely perverse logic to keep it down rather than finding something to tie it back with.

‘It shouldn’t be much longer now; you’re through the worst of it and I think the docs are mostly keeping you asleep to let your body recover from the strain. I’ll talk to them and see about getting you up but we’re going to want to keep you under observation.’

She turned for a moment when he asked about Simon, surprised. Sure, it was normal enough to want to know how the person whose life you saved was doing , but this was Evans after all. The guy who went into Marthinus’s hospital room and asked if he had any regrets.

‘Simon’s got a lot on his plate right now, but he’s doing better. There’s…a lot of political implications after what happened but I think we can all be thankful that he’s healed up at least.’
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Vampires must have tremendous healing capabilities, Kyle wondered. He was still surprised to hear that Simon was alright. 'So, after being blown out of a burning inferno and being exposed to the sun...he's alright? I take a couple hits of vampire blood and I'm a raging addict?' He snorted unhappily. 'There needs to be a check and balance put in place because that's seriously not fair.'

He winced after he realized what he said. Nova probably was bristling over there in her halter top. Kyle added, 'Still, I'm glad he's alright.' Then changing the subject, 'So what's the deal now with me and your clan? Am I a free man or am I just walking around on borrowed time?'

The thought of what would happen to him had crossed his mind about a million times. Considering he lived his life worrying only about himself, he waited to ask but more out of the necessity to wait since it's hard to articulate one's self when going through intense withdrawl symptoms.

'What's going to happen to me?'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova snorted at Kyle’s objections.

‘Yeah, well, a lot of things are unfair I guess.’

Nodding her head at the addendum, she spoke quietly, under her breath.

‘Me too.’

She gave an absent shrug when he asked what would happen to him, trying to keep her smirk from showing.

‘Oh, we talked it all out and agreed that you’re gonna stay with me.’ She nodded. ‘Yep, I’m a chain you up in my basement and bring people by to see the angry yelling guy.’ She blinked. ‘Hey, that rhymes.’

She looked over and let her smirk show. ‘Well that was my idea anyway…other guys didn’t go in for it so once you’re better…you’re basically free to ‘walk unfettered in Nachton.’’

She shrugged. ‘Of course, I have a way of forgetting the rules when someone fucks with my family.’

She sighed as she turned back to the road. ‘Seriously though…we’re meant to be keeping our kind from messing with you. So you help us out and not jump into dangerous things head first, we help you out and keep the bad guys away.’

Looking up at the sun with a grin, she added: ‘Speaking of which, I should probably be looking into that whole ‘getting you better’ thing.’ She let go of the steering wheel, her foot still on the gas. ‘You wanna take the wheel?’
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Simon helped Carol up and out of the sewar entrance and into the elevator located in the sub level basement of Duibne. As he turned to face the closing doors, Carol wrapped her arms around his left one. He unconsciously became nervous and the curious look she gave him snapped him out of it.

There was nothing to hide from now. No hidden eyes in the elevator watching their treachery. No rage from Ellis to fear. He gave her a small apologetic smile and leaned down to kiss her.

[Sorry, habit.]

Simon kissed her softly, lingering for a moment, tasting her lips. His smile broadened immediately as she kissed him back. The elevator door opened and he resisted the urge to press the close door button and have his way with her. Reaching out he caught the door before it closed and he ushered her out.

[I wonder how receptive Mr. Evans will be to our offer?]
Carol 18 years ago
She felt him noticeably tense when she touched him. Carol felt akward until he had relaxed. He said it was habit. She thought differently and had decided quite early into their secret relationship that fifteen hundred years of conditioning wasn't going to be broken anytime soon. She couldn't imagine how he felt now and didn't blame him for any of it.

When he kissed her, she melted. Carol felt his smile and she giggled as he had to reach out and keep the doors open. However long this happiness lasted, she'd enjoy it. Although she wondered if she could ever compete with over a millennium of experiences, good or bad.

She considered his question about Kyle.

[I'm not sure. I don't know how he's taking this whole thing, much less wanting to report about it.]

Just then her phone rang. Picking it up, she immediately recognized the voice. Holding the phone against her chest to muffle their voices. Out loud she said,
'It's Ginnie, I'll catch up.'

She gave him a wink and turned back to the elevator, heading down towards Ginnie's lab.

((OOC Carol out))
Simon stopped, watching her return to the elevator. As they closed, she gave him a small wave and he returned it by raising his hand. With a sigh, he turned back towards his destination and passed the nursing station near his room.

He stopped and asked a nurse behind the counter,
'How is Mr. Evans?'

The nurse, immediately recognizing Simon, nodded and eye her eyes cast down as she responded.
'Still sedated, sir. Nova is in there with him now.'

Simon found her reaction to him puzzling. The word had spread to all of the clan and its holdings by now that Ellis was gone and he had assumed leadership. They were treating him like they did Ellis, with stand offish respect. He wasn't comfortable with it. He looked at her name tag. Julia Moore, RN it said.

'Thank you, Ms. Moore.'

She looked at him startled that he had addressed her and he saw the fear in her eyes. Simon almost said out loud that he was not Ellis, but decided that he couldn't change everything in one day. Instead he gave her a polite nod and approached Evan's door. Pushing the door open gently, his eyes widened at the sight.

Nova was laying up against his bed but on the floor, Evans arm drapped off the bed and over her shoulder. Nova's one hand had still had a grip on his wrist, the other hand entwined with his. He stood, quite speechless at the sight. Funny thing, the way people respond to stress and death.

Simon walked over to a bit of furniture in the room and took a seat. Quietly waiting for Nova to wake up.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle grinned at her comment.

‘Oh, we talked it all out and agreed that you’re gonna stay with me. Yep, I’m a chain you up in my basement and bring people by to see the angry yelling guy.

'Right,' he said. Still, he thought, having her as a mistress would be far better than having some hairy vampire guy with a pleather fetish.

‘Well that was my idea anyway…other guys didn’t go in for it so once you’re better…you’re basically free to ‘walk unfettered in Nachton. Of course, I have a way of forgetting the rules when someone fucks with my family.’

'Threat duly noted. Do you really think anyone would believe me? Anyone that wouldn't just outright kill me for actually telling the truth? I mean besides you, of course.'

Just then Nova asked if he wanted to drive and let go of the wheel. Reaching over frantically, he grabbed the steering wheel and then gave her a look.

'Yeah and I have the death wish.'

Nova 18 years ago
Nova shrugged at Kyle’s response.

‘You do what you feel is right, that seems to be what you do anyway.’

She snorted at his ‘death wish’ remark; like she’d never heard –that- before.

‘Naw, just like to keep it interesting.’

With that, she pushed herself up so she was sitting with most of her body sticking out the driver’s side window.

‘It’s a dream, Evans!,’ she shouted, before flipping over backward and closing her eyes.

A moment later she landed hard on the cold sand. The road, and, to her disappointment, the sun, were gone, but in the middle of the desert there was a door. She stood up, and headed out.

Once in the hallway again, she started for her own door, frowning when she saw that pale blue light was streaming out from underneath it.

‘Shit. I’m asleep.’

Sighing and hoping the return to her own mind would be enough of a jar to wake her up, she opened the door and walked inside what she had always assumed was a room of some sort, though it was usually too bright to tell for certain and it faded away into nothing before her eyes could adjust.

Nova hissed in a sharp intake of breath and turned her head, dimly aware that she was very uncomfortable in this position. She was, however, still mostly asleep and couldn’t trouble herself to move too terribly much. Instead, she opened her eyes into little slits, making an irritable noise as the light pierced into her head.

“hurble.”

She closed her eyes again and rested her head on the bed behind her. Mmm. Bed. Nice.

She realized where she was quite suddenly, and it was enough to make her eyes fly open

“mmphle.”

She blinked a few times, then rubbed at her eyes.

“Oh. Hi Simon. Just uh…doing…very important…research…”

Her yawn, however, completely gave her away.
Simon sat patiently waiting for Nova to wake. He rested his ankle on its opposite leg and picked at the sole of his shoe. After a few minutes, Nova started to snort softly awake. A small grin pulled at the corner of his mouth as he watched his child unfold from her position on the floor.

His grin turned smug at her statement. Softly, with his head still tilted down, he murmured, 'Is that what you kids are calling it these days?'

Simon straightened up out of the chair and walked over to Nova, extending a hand to help her up. 'And how is our new friend and please, don't omit the juicy parts.'

He found their coupling interesting. Simon had not figured Nova would be interested in someone like Evans, the self absorbed yet defiant type. He couldn't wait to see them interact. The fact that she felt comfortable enough to fall asleep, basically be vulnerable, around Evans made Simon wonder more about the future. Death had a funny way of changing one's perspective. Ironically, it seemed to give the clan hope and Simon needed all he could get right now.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova grunted as Simon helped her to her feet, though she couldn’t quite shrug off the comment.

“No, I wasn’t molesting Evans in his sleep. Or otherwise. No molesting, nothing going on here.”

Yep. Nothing whatsoever.

“Anyways. He seemed to be getting better for a bit, well enough to try starting him on the starburst to see if that would help in fact. I wandered off for like five minutes and he somehow managed to have a full blown seizure, though, so the docs put him on sedatives and he’s been sleeping ever since. We’re still working on figuring out the problem there, but I want to talk to the doctors about waking him up, if nothing else to see where he is.”

She shrugged lightly. “Fortunately whatever is going on didn’t fry his brain or anything. He’s a little moody about his situation,” she snorted, remembering his various yelling fits “but he keeps on trucking.”

She grinned over at Simon. “Asked about you, actually, just a bit ago.”