Replacng Guinea Pigs (closed)

Ginnie stood with her elbow propped on the juke box and a whiskey laced coke in her hands. The thimble full of whiskey in her icey drink did two things for her. It gave her a cover if she wanted to play the "I'm so drunk, will you take me home?" card and it obliterated the scent of her last meal. As she sipped from her drink the com unit in her ear crackled.

"Newbie, less than a year, closer to six months."

Ginnie looked up and watched a leggy brunette walk in. The woman's breasts had to be the most painful set to carry around that Ginnie had ever seen. No wonder some schmuk turned her. She chuckled softly, her reader hadn't said a word about this girls...attributes. His usual snide remark was conspicuously missing. She'd picked one of the readers that was good at disguise and currently he was huddled outside the bar covered in filth and playing with a clover key chain. That key chain kept him from getting picked up by the cops and being attacked by any of her Clan.

She watched the brunette make her way to the bar and order a drink. Ginnie really didn't want to be out doing this crap. Except that the night of the Gala her lab rat had managed to kill her only female Guinea pig and now she had to hunt for another one.

What Ginnie did really amounted to torture, or it would if the vamps she experimented on were conscious. Newbies were easy to sedate and keep sedated. They also take longer to heal than older vamps, and if they were less than a year, three to six months was better, they healed even slower and she could actually watch the process.

She wiped condensation from her hand onto her shorter than average denim skirt, and made her way to the bar. She was dressed to wait tables, which is what she would be doing as soon as she caught her new Guinea pig, in a short blue jean mini skirt, and a black baby doll t-shirt with a yellow emoticon with red horns and a tail on the front, and on the back was the back view of the emote and the caption "You know you want to", and black strappy heels.

Her deal with Mike, the owner and bar tender of Uncle Mikes Mistake, was that she could hunt here, but she owed him a night's service. Uncle Mike's was a known vampire bar, but it was a place, much like House of Pain, that you didn't go unless you were old enough to hold your own, or with clan members, clan-less newbies were open fodder and they learned early not to come alone.

Ginnie liked Mike, he was a Tach vampire, but lived here above his bar and couldn't really careless about Clans and politics. He just ran his little bar and fed off the bar flies. So she felt she owed it to him to trade for her hunting rights.

Ginnie slid on to the bar stool next to the brunette. It was at a ninety degree angle to the girl, as she'd chosen to sit at the end of the bar, girl language for leave me the fuck alone, I just want a drink.

She reached over the brunette and crabbed a few cocktail napkins and wiped the water rings from the wood surface in front of her, and tossed them into a trash can behind the bar. She gave the girl a smile and sipped from her coke.

"Hi. So what brings you to Mike's?"

Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie laughed softly, and dipped her head, a light pink coloring her cheeks.

"Wow, that sounded like a really crappy pick up line."

She offered the girl her hand. "Genevieve."

The girl shared her laughter and slipped her hand in Ginnie's. "Alanis"

"Like the singer?"

Alanis gave a small chuckle. "Yeah, my parents were huge fans when I popped up."

"That's cool. Mine were all over midevil stories, you know King Arthur and all that. Well since I asked the bad pick up line you get to answer it."

Alanis laughed and pushed her hair behind her ear. "Seemed like a good place to stop in and have a drink."

"You barely look old enough to smell alcohol, much less drink it. Bad day?"

She snorted and sipped the amber liquid in her glass."Try a bad four months. I just can't seem to catch a break."

"That sucks. I'm told I have a soft shoulder. Want to talk about it?"

Alanis looked Ginnie up and down. She looked the picture of concerned stranger. The sympathy was there and maybe just maybe she might know more than the chump that put her in this situation. Alanis had learned that there were a lot of vampires in this city and that she had to avoid them, maybe this girl was in the same boat as her. She shrugged, what could happen, it's not like she could be killed or so Tony had told her.

"What the hell. Let me ask you a question, Genevieve."

"Shoot."

"Do you believe in vampires?"

'Damn, this girl is still tramatized.' Ginnie would be doing her a favor, well sort of. Ginnie nodded her head slowly, trying to decide how to proceed from here.

"I do indeed. You see," Ginnie leaned close and whispered. "I have a secret. Want to hear it?"

Alanis nodded, and swallowed audibly. "I'm a junkie, and the guy that was doing me up and left. I've had hell trying to find a new..um dealer."

The girls forehead wrinkled. She had no idea what this absolutely beautiful woman was talking about. Well nothing for it but to ask.

"A junkie of what?"

"Vampires. See I like to get bit, like to feel the extasy that over comes me as my blood drains from my body. I need a fix bad, but I'll be damned if I can get a corpse to bare their fangs."

"You're shitting me."

"Honest injun." Ginnie had to suppress a chuckle, she'd picked that up from Carol and it still made her laugh. Of course it sounded even funnier in the irish lilt she'd affected.

She watched as Alanis ran the implications of that through her head. She'd have a ready donor, so one less victim and as the girl was addicted, she'd be doing her a favor.

"What the hell," she breathed and looked Ginnie in the eyes, "I know where you can get a fix."

Ginnie's eyes went wide and she leaned in very close to the girl, her body shaking with excitement. That fine tremor was really hard to do, but Ginnie managed.

"Really? Where? Who? Can I meet them tonight?"

"Yeah really. I'll be your fix."

Ginnie was so close her breath brushed the girl's cheek, and she inhaled a deep shuddering breath. "You're a vampire? Will...will you do me now?"

"Here?!"

Ginnie gave a shaky laugh. "No out in the ally or we can go to my place, I don't live far."

"Let's go to your place."

Ginnie backed off enough to pull some bills out of her pocket to pay for Alanis' drink and then took the girl by the hand and headed out the door.

When they were less than a block from the bar Ginnie turned into an ally, and spun the face the girl.

"I can't wait."

She moved in close, pressing her tremoring body against the brunette and pulled a small syringe from her pocket. Just as she felt fangs brush her neck, she slid the needle deep into Alanis neck. The girl gasped and jerked once as she fell to the ground in a heap. Nothing like enough pentobarbital to kill a rottweiler to put a vamp out in a hurry.

Chuckling Ginnie called in the mercs waiting in a van down the road to come collect her latest guinea pig. When they arrived she headed back to the bar to work her shift as a waitress. Later she would see exactly how old Alanis was. she was guessing that four months remark, was refereing to the time of her turning, which would be the best break Ginnie had gotten in a while. And damn if she wasn't due for a break.