The Package ((attn: Carol))

After the raid, Alec had cleaned up, ordered his clothing incinerated and passed directly out. The pressures of extending his abilities for so long as such a young member of Tacharan had severely taxed him. He would need to feed, and soon. Upon waking, he had found Ginnie gone for the evening - likely resupplying the depleted ordinance or closeted with the more important Tacharan membership about what had really happened during the assault on the Hillman Facility. Alec would check the news spreads later to see what the human take was on the situation...but for now, he had some business to attend to.

The backups for the server data were in his turtle sack, along with those damn lenses. He should get those to Carol so she could direct him or take them off of his hands and get them to someone who could use them.

After taking a quick shower, he headed up to the area of the Domicile that he considered Carol's level - he'd seen her most frequently near what he'd considered the "registration desk" and suspected her rooms were somewhere nearby. Either way, there would be a terminal there that could direct him.

Heading up with the goods in a fresh, static free travel bag, he headed to the lobby and found no Carol in evidence. Heading to the desk terminal, it noted that she was on location, in her office. Since he wasn't sure where that was, he looked it up...and discovered it was right off of the lobby. Well, that made sense. Heading to the door, he stopped outside it, waiting for the proximity sensors to announce his arrival to her.

Carol 18 years ago
Her door chimed as she passed it on her way down from the shower to her kitchen.

'COME IN!!!!!!!!!!!' She yelled as she tightened her robe and padded off to get something to eat. Something she had neglected after her 'stomach issues' at the raid and hospital. She had probably lost like ten pounds over the past couple of days, so she was ravenous.

'MY GOD COME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' She yelled again.
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Smiling at the shouting, Alec opened the door and walked inside. Glancing around a bit, he listened for Carol while taking in her decor...always interesting to see what people kept in their waiting rooms and then in their personal space. You could learn a lot about a body just by taking inventory of different spaces...their public faces, private faces, secrets and shames. Hearing rummaging from what sounded to be a kitchen, Alec walked silently that way. Watching her briefly work around the kitchen was interesting. She knew someone was coming in, but was totally indifferent to who it might be and what they might need. That level of self-confidence bordered on dangerous, but could be refreshing where it was warranted. From what he could tell from his time working for the Clan...it was certainly warranted. If anyone knew what to do with this shit, Carol would.

Whoa...she looked pretty thrashed. Dropped a lot of weight recently...possibly not sleeping well, either. Certainly needed more fluids judging from her tone. Business first, though.

Carol...at the raid I pulled the backup tapes from the server room. I figured that you'd have copied out any of the useful available files, but I thought the archives could be interesting as well...give a sort of cross section for how long his plans have included us and just how deep things went...maybe something else useful to someone who knows anything about this stuff.

Laying down his case, he opened it and pilled out the old fashioned tape backups that he had discovered on the counter, not taking them out of their carrying cases.

I also found...some lenses. In a safe, on the bottom level, off of that weapons depot. Six. Any ideas who might be interested in them or what they might be for?

Frowning a bit, he watched her lines as she moved about. Things were certainly not well with this woman.
Carol 18 years ago
Carol opened her fridge and listened to Alec as she pulled out anything that hadn't expired. A jar of sweet pickles, bologna and a coke. Turning back towards the vampire, she took note of the tapes and the lenses.

Opening up the bologna, she ate a piece.
'I don't know what those are, hmm. I'll have to take them to Duibne and see what Nova might think. The tapes I definitely need, thanks for getting those.' She inhaled the piece of bologna and then turned to the jar of pickles. Carol struggled with it for a moment and then sighed, handing it to Alec without looking at him.
Frowning a bit, Alec twisted off the lid and handed it back.

I can take them over if you tell me where...it is no trouble...

Considering for a moment, he almost stopped himself. He tried to be businesslike, but his morbid curiosity got the better of him. A thief's curiosity before a professional's work ethic, apparently.

Um...are you going to be all right? No offense, but you've probably been through the wringer more than the rest of us and you look how I imagine you must feel. Anything I can do to help, other than shut up and make the delivery?

Well, in retrospect he could have said it MORE poorly...but only barely. Ginnie's voice chided in his mind..."Good job, slick."
Carol 18 years ago
Carols miled at Alec and took the pickle jar back. 'Handsome strong vampire man, I thank thee!' She grabbed a pickle and ate the entire thing. 'These are way yummy warm,' she said with a mouthful.

Holding up a finger to finish her pickle and swallow, she dipped back into the pickle jar and took another bite.
'I'm heading back over there in a little bit, but if you're going now, you can probably find Nova in the lab. As for my horrible appearance,' she swallowed again and took another pickle, 'It's been a bad couple of days.'

She wasn't whistling dixie. Carol didn't think telling Alec everything right then, in her kitchen, while she was in a bathrobe eating sweet pickles was a good idea.

'When Simon returns to the Domicile, he will gather the clan. There's some things that need to be cleared up, plus I need to peruse through those files.' She finished her pickle and then twisted the lid back. Setting it on the table, she turned back to Alec.

'I appreciate you coming by though, dear. Honest injun.' She patted his chest with her hand. 'You're a good bean, Charlie Brown. Simon will be grateful.'

Carol gave him a sweet smile.
'Now I gotta throw on a little bit of nothing, anything else?'
Alec smirked at her comments. Obviously things weren't going too terribly - she still had her humor.

Just remember to eat, okay? Don't settle for pickles and old bologna. Oh. Speaking of...I kinda wanted to do something for that Kyle guy for...you know. Something nice since we're not killing him and he did...um...and how's Simon...with...shit. Hell, I can't even talk about it clearly here, maybe I shouldn't visit him. How long is he down for?

Shaking his head, Alec collected the lenses and resealed them in his case. He'd pop over to Duibne and drop them with Nova.
Carol 18 years ago
'I honestly have no idea, I've never heard of any vampire taking that much sun or fire. If it wasn't for Kyle...' She felt herself tear up. 'Anyway, that's why I'm heading back over, to see how he's feeling. So definitely stop by if he's still there. Last I heard he was sleeping it off with some heavy drugs.' Again, he'd find out.

Carol quickly washed her sticky pickle hands and dried them off. Curling an arm around his, she walked him back to her door.
She gave his arm a quick squeeze and said, 'Thank you for coming by though, dear.'

((Carol out - permission to touch Alec))
Alec couldn't imagine the sensation of what Simon had been through. He'd caught a stray beam between two blinds once and was in serious pain for a week. Rumor had it that elders could take a lot more, but he couldn't imagine it ever getting pleasant...or at that level of exposure. Jesus. Nodding, he replied

I'll pop by while I'm making the delivery to Nova, then. Just remember to take care of yourself, alright?

((ooc: Alec out))