Pre-Gala Pluckiness

Connie had gotten rather frustrated with Nyra over the very simple matter of her own hairdo. She'd wanted it plain Jane straight bob, the same way she'd worn it for over twenty years...

But Nyra wanted something different. "What can be done differently?" Connie had said. Nyra couldn't answer. And even the fashion magazines Connie'd subscribed to since moving into Nachton (especially with having two of the most influential figures of Gothic-Ah Fashion as family friends) didn't help diddly.

So what if it's "same old same old?" "Same old" works for a lot of people.

Not that Connie ever considered herself "other people." In fact, loving one of the best artists in the world - and a female at that - not to mention who she was and who she'd become - made her different.

So with that in mind, Connie called Rachyl and asked for some hair styling tips, and was given Rick's number.

Rick had suggested a finger wave 'do... And when Connie walked out of the Salon for the dress shop, she couldn't help but stop at every mirror or window to peek at her new style.

The dress was ready, and she carefully hung it in her car as she drove home.

Of course, getting into it proved another matter... Until Connie realized it would be easier if she put the gloves on -after- putting on the dress. Slipping it on over her head so as not to mess up her hair, the vampire wiggled and shimmied it into place. The fabric was cold, but hugged her gently as she pulled the gloves back on. The thin spaghetti straps weren't too much of a bother, and she was glad the "neckline" was higher than her breasts, as for some reason she didn't want to show them to anyone except Nyra tonight. She stood in front of the mirror and sighed, realizing she hadn't put on the snowflake necklace she'd picked up for just this occasion.

Even though she'd wanted her new 'do to be a surprise to Nyra, she needed help getting the necklace on. "I'll be damned before I take these gloves off again." Sliding into her mid-height shimmery blue heels, she swished in the mirror for herself once more, and headed over to Nyra's for help.

Nyra 18 years ago
Nyra had spent a long time at the salon Bertrand had recommended. He said his wife always came back from there looking glamorous. The very nice woman had spent a long time pinning the artists wispy locks up in small elegant spirals. Each clump had been twisted and secured with a crystal tipped bobby pin. The very back of her hair was curled under in a smooth and tastefull curve. She felt the look was elegant and very much out of character for her. But this was a special occasion so she enjoyed it for the night.

The salon also applied light makeup for her, which accented her eyes and full lips. Nyra was quite thankfull that she had showered prior to the appointment because she really did not want anything to mess up their hard work. Which looked great just was not something she would personally be able to do herself.

Connie had helped pick out her lingerie for the event. Nyra still blushed fiery red at the memory of the shopping trip. Her dress though was a secret. The dress clung a bit more than she was comfortable with, but it was very flattering to her hourglass of a figure. Satisfied with the look she slipped on her shoes and looked around for the black clutch purse.
Connie 18 years ago
The door was open, if only just... Connie knocked and called through the hole, eyes closed. "Yoohoo, Nyra... I'm not peeking but I seriously need help because I'm being an obstinate bitch and I am NOT taking these gloves off again for another couple hours."
Nyra 18 years ago
Nyra had just found her cell phone when she heard Connie's voice. As she jumped in surprize the cell phone fell once more into the pit of darkness, her backpack. Giggling at the 'not peeking' she made her way carefully towards her lover.

"How am I supposed to help if I cant peek?" she teased. Since she was ready she figured why not peek at this point.

"You are welcome to come in and peek I am ready!" The artist smoothed her freshly manicured and buffed nail tipped hands down her sides, smoothing the dress. Her purse that was sitting on the kitchen island was mostly ready, except for the reluctant phone. She had put on one of her own bead creation necklaces earlier. The onyx beads nestled against a creamy cloisonne flower in a choker that lay in the hollow of her throat.

She felt beautiful and ready for her date and more excited than any other date she had gone on prior. Connie just lit a fire within her that she had not known was even there.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie pushed the door open and stepped one pace into the harem. "Oh, wait, didn't she take down everything except the upper cloths?"

With her eyes closed, though, Connie couldn't tell.
"My eyes are closed," she said, "So you're welcome to come to me because I'm sure you wanted to surprise me. I just... was ready to smack myself for choosing gloves, especially since I put them on before I was fully dressed."
Nyra 18 years ago
Nyra sighed dreamily at the vision Connie presented as she took a step into the loft. 'It was a shame the sun set so early these days' she thought that the goddess before her deserved to be seen, bathed in the fiery glow of a setting sun.

The blue tone set off the magnificent hair in a very beautiful new style while the neckline emphasized the rounded curves just waiting to be uncovered. The artist was facinated by how this woman could pull off elegant as if she simply slipped into an old familiar skin.

Making her way towards her she wondered just what kind of help was required before she noticed the chain clasped in those long elegant glove clad fingers.

"Here, let me help you with that." Gently she took the necklace and nudged her lover around in a half circle. Reaching up, Nyra carefully placed the necklace around the long smooth neck before her. It was simple to clasp and as she adjusted it so the clasp lay upon the very back she placed a small whisper of a kiss upon the neck before her.

"You look fabulous."
Connie 18 years ago
Connie experienced a dual shiver as Nyra placed the necklace about her throat. Once when the chilled metallic and gemstone snowflake touched her skin, and again when Nyra kissed her. "No, you do, I feel rather plain next to you, dressed like that."

Connie turned back around to face Nyra and placed a soft kiss on her artist's nose.
Nyra 18 years ago
"Plain?" Nyra said with disbelief heavy in her voice. "Why you look like the most elegant thing I have ever seen!"

Nyra tapped her finger against her lips, giving Connie another look. "In fact, if this wasnt for such a good cause I may have asked if we could find something else to occupy our eve."

Even though she could feel a blush heating her cheeks at the thought of 'something else' Nyra leaned upwards and placed a soft kiss upon Connie's lips. it was a shame they had to go soon.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie "mmmmm"ed mutedly against Nyra's lips. As they seperated somewhat, the vampire rested her forehead against Nyra's, careful not to muss either of their hairdos. "Tempting offer, dear, but I do agree, not only is it a good cause, you are also one of the major donors of goods for the auction, and I think you should be there. I might even let you dance with Rachyl again."

Connie winked a few times quickly, a joking smirk tugging her lips as her brain conversed with itself.

"Not that you have much of a choice."
"Choice? Sure. I choose not to endanger people with my poor dancing skills."
"Exactly. No choice. You know yourself too well to allow yourself to do that."
Nyra 18 years ago
Smiling at the warm bubbling feeling kissing Connie produced, Nyra let herself be talked into attending. Imitating the brief nose kiss she had received earlier, the artist made her way to the pit of darkness to once more dig up her phone. Thankfully it had not fallen to the bottom but was easily found at the top. She swiftly dropped it into her clutch purse and turned to look at Connie.

"Dancing does sound nice, but only if you dont mind. I am quite ready to go whenever you are." Tossing her velvet wrap over her arm her hazel eyes looked at the beautiful vision before her. She was really looking forward to showing off her lovely date tonight.
Connie 18 years ago
"I don't mind you dancing, dear. Unfortunately it's one thing I don't think I'll be able to do in public with you. I'd rather you dance with a friend who is almost as lovely as yourself than some strange gropey Russian or something."

To illustrate her point, Connie feigned a shiver, then a chill ran up her spine as an unformed thought melted in her mind then froze immediately. "Let's go, I'm hankerin fer some gala-reeatinationating!"
Nyra 18 years ago
With a giggle and a flourish the two finished gathering everything and headed down to the limo that Nyra had arranged as a surprize this evening. This was going to be so much fun.

((Nyra & Connie out! Off to the gala!))
((All permissions needed in this thread have been granted repeatedly.))