Jack In the Box

The setup for this job ought to be a cakewalk. Two story building, barred window perimeter with one real entrance. Four external patrollers, one internal, sentry system wired directly to the building's lessor - one of Ginnie's employees. She could expect a call regarding the intrusion about the time they were back at the vehicle. Watching the pattern maintain, he'd have about 35 seconds between each patrol rotation - they had synched themselves well. Pity, that.

Waiting for the opportune moment, Alec tossed a penny onto one of the parked vehicles. Hearing the click of metal on metal, the guard readied his weapon and trained it on the car. That left him not paying attention to his feet, sadly. He really should have been wearing something other than Converse hi-tops on the job. You never know when you'll step on something sharp, like a field of caltrops coated with an extremely soporific hemotoxin. As the guard's muscles relaxed, Alec reeled his net in. The guard, valiantly, tried to radio for help. Unfortunately, the muscles in his hands were already going slack. Clearing the caltrops, Alec pulled the guard over behind the vehicles with him - the guards would have to reverse cycle before they would see him there. 8 seconds to spare. Blending with his environment, Alec hid back under a vehicle and waited.

The next two guards passed - that gave him a little over a minute to handle this next one. Smiling, he darted from his hiding place to the bushes, leaving as clear a trail as possible. Darting back across, not dragging or pressing his feet heavily this time, he scaled the corner of the building and waited. As the guard came to the clear trail, Alec leapt silently from his perch, bringing his heel down heavily on the head of the guard, dropping him. Taking the butt of his gun, Alec smacked it against his temple and got ready for the more dangerous portion. Heading into the brush, Alec figured he had about thirty seconds left...squeezing off a round into the air, he scampered back to his point of cover beneath the vehicles. Radio communication was heavy - the two outside had noticed their one buddy down in the middle of the lot missing his gun and the trail to the bushes. They headed that way to investigate.

That put the man inside on high alert. Alec moved to the lock, disabled it and went around back to one of the barred windows. Finding one with a direct line of sight on the man inside, he smiled.

Eagle, the lid is up and Sparrow sees a trout. Waiting for signal.

Snapping the bolts on the bars, Alec removed them from the window. In a moment Ginnie would signal him, he'd break the window, the man would spin and she'd walk in the front door and do something terrible to him and he'd be free to lead his two tails on a merry chase about town. Waiting for his cue, Alec held the bars ready.

Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie was crouched deep in a bush when the static in her ear piece brought her attention away from that morning's activities. It really wasn't good for her to be sitting there day dreaming about massage oil and whipped cream, not mixed together...ew.

She slid from the bush and pushed open the door Alec had so conveniently unlocked. She stepped into the shadow next to it, and let the door click quietly shut.

"Light the fire." She whispered, comfortable knowing the molar mic picked it up. Shortly she heard glass shatter and watched the guard spin, gun out, toward the noise. She dashed in, and jumped on the poor man's back sinking her fangs deep in his neck. It was almost always the quickest and least wasteful way to kill a guard, and she had no compunction using it. She'd been sure to eat light the night before and so had room for the poor man's entire life source. Very shortly his body went slack and he fell to the ground.

Ginnie followed him down, drawing a knife from her belt and slit his throat in a jagged line that connected her fang marks. She pulled a handkerchief out of her pocket and cleaned both her mouth and knife before moving into the warehouse proper.

"I'm in, give me no more than sixty minutes."

She started at the closest crate and began her diligent search. The place was much more empty than she had expected and it concerned her that they had either been tipped off or had shipped early. Well she'd glance at the manifests then since she didn't have as much to search through.

Thirty-three minutes in and she found the stuff she'd been looking for. Her mark was on the entire inventory that filled the second half the warehouse. Granted most of it was supposed to be there, but the ones that shouldn't had a green mark painted over hers. That mark was beginning to piss her off since it belong to that scum and he'd had his hands on A LOT of her property. She cataloged everything and moved to the office off the main floor. She should go up to the second floor, but she didn't think there was time.

Looking down at her watch she knew there wasn't time. She stepped into the room and put her little shamrock in the middle of the surface and went to the PC, five of her twelve minutes had her looking at the previously password protected shipping manifests. They had made their drop early and for much more than they had expected, but they still planned to give her the first amount after cut. 'Sneaky bastards.'

She left the manifest up and taped a shamrock to the monitor screen, before heading out to the main floor again.

"Heading out, count down starting at thirty." She made her way to the exit door so that she could be out of the way when Alec set up their cover.
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Now the fun began. Watching their search from the roof, he smiled. They'd find the first surprise pretty soon. Ah, and one of them stopped right on top of it. Thumbing a switch, the dirt and mulch covered electrical access panel opened and dropped one of the guards ten feet down onto sealed underground wires. Still, that could give a good jolt if he hit two or more while grounded. Oh, judging from the scream he'd managed to fall badly. "Just one left...he may or may not break. At this point he knows at least two of his buddies are down and...yup. He's just realized that he's out of radio contact. Oh, there he goes."

Sparrow to Eagle - trap is sprung, last fish swimming for the deep lake. Stay on board with Eagle or shall Sparrow cast a line to reel in the Trout?
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Reel'em in, Eagle's almost to shore." She checked that the inside guard had produced enough blood for it to be plausible that he died from a knife to the throat, and headed to the door. She gave it three taps, waiting to see if it would be opened by the third guard, and hid in the shadows until a count of ten was done. She slipped through the door and dropped back down behind the bush.

She took a moment to close her eyes and go back over the inventory in the warehouse, while she waited for Alec's final trap to be sprung. She knew he was going to blow something up, she just didn't know what.

"Eagle to Shore." She whispered and went back to the pictures behind her eyelids.
Stalking the man proved easy - he was sneaking pretty blindly away from the building in a vague direction of a nearby road. Anticipating his path, Alec cycled ahead, and dropped down on him from above, cutting the shoulderstrap to the man's rifle, yanking it up into the tree with him and pulling his handgun from his belt. Hissing sibilantly, Alec cherrydropped from the tree, landing just in front of the man.

Ssssucker. Now we play.

Leveling both weapons at the man, Alec shook his head as he turned and ran directly back in the direction of another of his traps. "Wuss. Though I suppose that one will hurt less than multiple gunshot wounds. Wait...that's the exit line." Dropping to the turf, Alec radioed

Eagle...incoming! Get out of there!
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie's head jerked up and her eyes flew open at Alec's urgent radio message. 'Oh fuck I'm in the wrong damn bush. '

She jumped up and as she moved to the right, and her only exit the guard hit the trip wire. Her world was lost in light, fire and flying debris. The blast had lifted her into the air and she realized she was moving at an alarming speed away from the fire. 'Away from the fire is good, only I'm going to hit the ground and shatter my skull.'

She forced herself to breath calmly and though that if she could move things with her mind, maybe just maybe she could move her own body, or at least slow her fall. She closed her eyes and concentrated on the air around her body and her own body weight, willing it to all slow down.

Slowly, well slowly to her, it was only a mere few seconds, the air felt like it became more dense and began to cushion her. She opened her eyes and smiled as debris and smoke fell and coiled around her. She pushed against the air and righted her body. With her mind she let the air go just a little and she started a controlled descent to the ground.

Her feet hit and she dropped and rolled under a near by car, until the debris stopped flying and she could crawl back out.

"Alec? Oh my fucking God. Did you see that. I made myself float. Did you see?"

She all but yelled into the mic, her eyes searching for Alec. She looked down at her body and patted herself up and down checking for injury. She found a bruised rib where a large rock had hit her, but she was other wise unscathed. Her smiling face went back to looking for Alec.
Rushing to the site of the explosion, he heard scrambled yelling coming through the walkie. He'd just blown up his boss. His lover. His...invulnerable fucking girlfriend? How had she just brushed off that blast? Tearing the com gear off, he ran over to her.

What the...

How...

Wow!

OhmygodIcoulda...

Alec grabbed Ginnie, pulling her hard to him, holding her tight. Letting go as suddenly as he'd hugged her, he stepped back.

Sorry boss. Just had startling news about a loved one. Let's clear out and chat about...how...what...fuck!

Grabbing her hand, he started running for their vehicle. That explosion wouldn't go unnoticed and the clock was still running.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie started laughing as Alec pulled her to the car. She climbed into the passenger seat and slumped back against the seat, breathing heavily. Alec climbed in and started up the car and they sped away. Ginnie pulled out her molar mic and ear piece and stuck them in one of her cargo pockets, then turned a grinning face to Alec.

"Did you see me? Did you? I didn't know I could do that. You know what this means don't you? I'm going to have to go base jumping with out a chute."
Panting, more from the emotional exertion than the physical, Alec consciously focused on relaxing himself, dropped the speed, and regulated his breathing. Checking the air for observation points, Alec turned them down a relatively unused sidestreet that would get them quickly to the Strip, where they would vanish into the sea of humanity.

No...no. I didn't see what happened. From what I can tell, you should be all torn to hell right now but you're laughing about it...not that I'm complaining in the least. What happened?

Thinking better of the Strip, Alec altered course again and headed for the motor pool off of the Domicile. He didn't want to be equated in anyone's mind with a motor pool car, and there was too much of a chance of that happening on the Strip. He was still a bit rattled, apparently.
Ginnie 18 years ago
She smiled at Alec. He seemed really shaken. She was beyond excited and wanted him to be too.

"It was so cool. I'm flying through the air, debris and smoke and fire all around me. I'm thinking I have to slow down, I have to. So I wondered if I could use telekineses on my own body and the air around me. So I tried it, and oh wow Alec. It was like the air got solid and I could just float through it. I think if I had wanted to give it a try I could have walked on the air.

I made my descent slower and when my feet hit the ground I tucked in and rolled under a car until the shit stopped flying."

She turned in her seat, touching Alec's arm, her face beaming.

"It was the most amazing thing. This is even better than when I found out I could move things with my mind. Oh my God Alec. I can fly!" She thought about that for a moment. "It's more like I can fall with style."
Thinking for a moment, Alec pondered what she had said. Sure, telekinesis, the control of objects through space...controlling the objects of any mass around her to control the fall. That made sense. This...what she was describing...it was more like a density alteration tool that worked either on her own body, making her less solid, or the gasses around her more fluid...or maybe a combination of both.

Either way, it was pretty wicked cool.

Turning the car yet again, he headed to an abandoned part of the shipping district. This was something that required viewing.

Well...damn! Let's check this out. I know just the place.

Bringing the car to a stop, they halted outside of an abandoned, three story warehouse. It had, at one time, looked to be for vessel containers going from ships to trains, but the decline in train freight looks to have left it neglected. It was probably now held for tax writeoff purposes by someone who had never even used the building. Too bad, really. The structure was still very sound and the location was pretty convenient as far as freight was concerned - good access to water, rail and highway.

Getting out of the vehicle, Alec walked to the entrance - he'd have opened Ginnie's door, but she was too excited and had popped out of the car already. As he walked to the door, he scanned the area - no one seemed to be around in the immediate vicinity, and he already knew that there was no security on the building. Kneeling, he lifted his shirt, squeezing a ceramic pick and a probe from two of his scars. Popping them into his mouth, he cleaned the blood from them and quickly used them to pick the lock. Sliding them back into place, he winked at Ginnie.

Ok, kind of gross, I know...but I figure if I've already got the scar tissue I may as well use it. Anyway, this'll be a good place for you to practice.

Opening the door, he stepped in. Three of the warehouse's exterior walls were lined with catwalks. One end had the water door to the shipping lane, the opposite the control room. All walks radiated from the control wall. The central walks looked like they could be moved from thir current positions, but the machinery was in an unknown state of repair...the wall walks would be safest. Of course, if she could fly or fall well or whatever it was, a shoddy scaffold was merely an inconvenience.

Leaning over, he kissed her just below the ear.

Okies...knock yourself out. Just don't get hurt...as unlikely as it seems. If you start to feel fatigued, we'll head back home...but it is best to get the scope of a new skill in a controlled environment. And I want to see the new tricks.

Chuckling, he thought, "You tell her, mother hen. Heh. Like she needed to hear any of that. You don't make it to 300 years by making those kinds of mistakes. You'd do better to heed those warnings than dispense them."

Sorry, still a little nervous. Have fun.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie just stared open mouthed at him when he took tools FROM HIS BODY! It had to be the most bizarre thing she had ever seen and in her life time she had seen a lot of weird shit.

"Yeah, it's gross, but more like the weirdest thing ever than gross." She wrinkled up her nose and stepped into the abandoned building and all but clapped her hands and jumped up and down. She had been thinking to just jump off the roof a few times but this was much better.

Okies...knock yourself out. Just don't get hurt...as unlikely as it seems. If you start to feel fatigued, we'll head back home...but it is best to get the scope of a new skill in a controlled environment. And I want to see the new tricks. Sorry, still a little nervous. Have fun.

She smiled at him, kissing him full on the lips before running to the nearest ladder. She climbed as high as she could then took herself about to the middle to a point that gave her a very large landing space. She ducked to squat below the hand rail and waved at Alec. With a strong push of her legs she sent herself flying through the air.

She took the first few seconds to enjoy the rush of free fall, before concentrating in the way she had during the bomb blast. The air around her seemed to thicken and she glided gently to the ground to land in the center of the area she'd chosen.

She spun around and beamed a smile at Alec.

"Oh man, this is so fucking cool!"

She ran to another ladder and began to climb again.
Watching her climb was akin to spying on the world's oldest kid discovering a set of monkeybars never before tackled. Laughing at the sight of her genuine exuberance, he stopped as she neared the top. So much for starting out slow. Hoping that it wasn't just a one time thing before, he watched as she leapt from the top scaffold.

Shit...she seemed to be picking up speed...no...wait...what the hell? Alec shook his head in disbelief at the adaptation of her telekinesis, and got an idea.

Hey...try steering this time, too...like a spiral down or something!

This time he'd extend his senses right before her jump - maybe he'd be able to hear or see something different happening around her to give a hint as to how it worked.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Spinning sounds fun!" She crouched, and pushed off again. She really liked free fall, but she was here to learn how this new thing worked, so she concentrated again. When the air thickened, she spun her body, much like she would when she jumped from a diving board. She put her arms out and floated spinning to the ground where she landed in a crouch.

She ran across the floor to Alec and launched herself at him, she pressed against the air with her mind and at the last moment settled onto his body, hugging him tightly.

"This is so much fun!"

She pressed her lips to his, slipping her tongue into his mouth, sharing her joy and excitement with him.
At her sudden charge, Alec braced himself for the catch...that didn't happen as she drifted lightly into his arms. He hadn't heard or seen anything change during her fall...it must be a characteristic altering the air. At the sudden kiss, his brain had a disconnect - research mode and kissing mode hadn't collided just yet. Apparently it left him disoriented. Breaking the kiss, he asked

Does this mean you're going to start jumping off everything you see? Trees, benches, elevator shafts, Carol's desk, crates...

Chuckling, he kissed her again. The images were all pretty amusing - Ginnie jumping from a pine tree, needles in her hair, birds freaking out. Ginnie jumping down beside the glass elevators of the downtown hi-rises, waving at passengers as they have heart attacks. Ginnie leaping over a couple making out on a bench and settling lightly to the ground as the girl smacked the boy for looking up her skirt. Ginnie jumping off of Carol's desk, scattering papers as Carol got that angry look that swiftly transformed into that what-the-fuck look. Ginnie leaping from crates into a circle of stunned guards, kicking them all in the face as they dazedly looked on. Chuckling, he continued.

Looks like you're having a great time...I can't see or hear how it works from here. I think your telekinesis is affecting the airflow, but I don't know for sure. Pretty neat, though.
Ginnie 18 years ago
She pressed her body to his. A completed job and the finding of a new skill aroused some very interesting things in her body that she'd like to explore as much as she wanted to spend the rest of the night jumping from the scaffolding.

"Take me home Alec."

She nibbled gently on his ear and made a soft purring noise. "We can test this thing out in the bed room." She chuckled and gave his ear a bit of a harder nip, nearly piercing the skin.
Chuckling, the image that first popped into his head was of them jumping up and down on her bed having a pillowfight. Somehow her tone suggested otherwise. At the nip, he gasped a bit.

Whoa there tigress...I thought we were heading home...

Kissing her quickly, he started toward the door.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Well if you don't hurry we won't make it home." Laughing she settled into her seat. She knew her face all but glowed with it's own light and she hoped that no one outside the car noticed. When Alec was in his seat her hand went to his thigh and she contended herself with that small contact until they arrived home.

((OOC Alec and Ginnie out, lock up please.))