The Scent of Prey

The night life of New York city was bustling on this Saturday night even at this late hour.steam rose from the manholes in the streets,a light mist filled the air. The bars in downtown NYC stopped serving alcohol two hours ago. On the street corner stood a scantily-clad young woman with a body that some would consider built for sexual pleasure. She had a beautiful face, soft creamy skin, lovely long and curly brown hair, symmetrical cheeks and deep brown eyes that were struggling to hide the agony she felt on the inside. She wore a sexy, low-cut black top, which stretched across her enormous breasts. Her legs weren't incredibly long but were daunting in their near perfection.

A Black BMW pulled up to the corner and the passenger side window was lowered. She walked over to the car and leaned down to see her potential customer

"Hey baby,"Â? she cooed, using a seductive tone of voice. "Lookin' for a good time honey?"Â?

"Hell yea. What's it cost to get your hot ass in here?"Â? The client responded. He was wearing sun glasses and a business suit and he had short brown hair that was desperately trying to fight off the oncoming grey. It was brushed back.

"Five C-notes for the ride."Â?

"Damn, every other girl 'round here is only fifty. You sure you can't bring that down at all?"Â?

"I ain't every other girl 'round these parts. If you want the best,"Â? she ran her fingers down her sensual chest,she smiled as he saw his mouth gape open involuntarily. She continued, "I'm your girl."Â?

He smiled at his entertainment for the night. "Giddy up. Let's do this."Â?

"Â?Groovy, baby. Only one thing. I don't do car rides, but I'll meet you in the alleyway right over here."Â?

She walked back to the alleyway and waited for her client, who arrived moments later. He looked down the alley and saw her there, and beamed a smile at what he was about to partake in. He came up close to her and gave her a kiss, thrusting his tongue in her mouth and feeling her chest with his hands. She moaned in response, withdrew her mouth, and gently pushed him back saying, "Money first, or my friends in that car across the street might not take kindly to you. Sorry hun, this is business."Â?

He sighed in response and took his wallet from his slacks, which now had a sizeable protrusion in the front. Counting five bills he removed them and gave them to her.

"Â?All right."Â? She smiled, licking her lips. Smiling in approval of what she saw down below. "Let's party."Â?

He thrust himself at her again. Putting his tongue in her mouth, he ran his hands up and down her body. Then suddenly he stopped kissing her and opened his mouth wide. Revealing fangs, he sank them into her neck. A look of horror flashed across her face as she shrieked. Four men came out of a parked Cadillac, taking pistols from their trousers. With blood on his upper lip, the vampire turned his attention to the men approaching him. The girl's strength was drained from her body. Despite the immediate danger her legs buckled and she fell on the ground, her back resting against the adjacent building. The bodyguards fired shots at the attacker but they all found thin air; he moved far too fast for their eyes to adjust. Before they even got to the alleyway their adversary was already upon them. He thrust his fist into the chest of the closest bodyguard, the force of the blow knocking the man down. He swept his leg across the calves of the next, forcing him to the ground as well. Swiveling right he came at the next with a powerful uppercut that shattered the chin of the third bodyguard. The force of the blow lifted the man right into the air. The fourth was shocked by the quickness of his opponent, disabling three men in less than five seconds. He took a few steps back and held his gun in front of him.

"Fuckin' freak show,"Â? the guard said, in horror of what he had just witnessed. He fired and hit the vampire's abdomen but the man just smiled in return, not even phased by the gunshot. He strolled forward and hit the bodyguard with a rigid hand-chop that found his target's throat. He proceeded to grab his head and snapped his neck with an unconscious jerk. Laughing sadistically he made his way back to the girl who sat where she had fallen. She tried to struggle against him but it was futile. He grabbed her and forced her down. Unzipping his pants he forced his weight on her.she attempted struggling again, but he was able to overpower her with his left hand while his right maneuvered himself to enter her. Tears streamed down her face as she exclaimed her displeasure at this violatation.he moaned aloud, continueing to satisfy his libido when he heard a voice from above.

"Vile Wretch,The Lord requires your soul this night."Â? The voice had the pitch of a middle aged man and had an Irish accent.

"What the...?"Â? the guy called out. He heard the soft landing of feet behind him. Dropping the girl he put himself back in his trousers and turned to face an oncoming fist which knocked him back. This was followed by a series of thunderous hooks and jabs that rivaled the pain of the gunshot he had taken. The mysterious crasher drew two eight-inch long daggers from their sheaths on his belt. The blades, slightly curved but thick, were meant to cut thick layers of muscle, even bone; they were intended for the rigorous task of amputation before the advent of modern surgery.

"The Lord sees the error of your ways, heathen. Now you will feel the pain you cause the Almighty. I am Rogziel, the avenger of iniquity. And the Lord's vengeance comes for you this night."Â?

The middle-aged man recovered from the buffeting he had just received and flashed his fangs in protest. Stepping forward, he came at Rogziel with a left hook; however, his opponent had ducked and proceeded to thrust one of the rather large daggers between the legs of the businessman. It slashed through the fabric of his slacks with ease, penetrating the center of his scrotum all the way to his pelvis. Rogziel took pleasure as his prey hollered in pain and quivered uncontrollably. His smile widened as he turned the blade, causing a shower of blood to cascade down. Taking his other dagger, he dragged it across the mortally wounded man's neck and cut through walls of muscle, stopping right at the spinal cord. Blood poured from the second wound; the man's clothes were soaked with it. His legs buckled as his body quivered involuntarily from the trauma it had just experienced. His eyes were glazed, his face set in shock, in a sheer state of unbelief of what had just transpired.

The woman was thoroughly disgusted by what she had just beheld, but to leave the alley meant to pass this mysterious man and she was unsure if that was best. She cried when his attention turned to her.

Rogziel spat on his victim and walked toward the prostitute. "Vermin like this man are nothing more than a constant obscenity to God's grace."Â? He paused a moment and continued, loathing in his voice now. "But harlots like you encourage this plague of adultery and perpetuate it with your lust and greed. The Lord looks upon your actions and sees a rotten tributary of sin flowing from your loose legs and swollen vagina. I now deliver you to your fate, where you will join the adulterous whore of Babylon in the lake of fire. Begone from this world, sinner!"Â?

She attempted to flee but was struck with the flat of his left dagger. He thrust the right one between her legs and didn't stop until it was hilt-deep. He moaned in delight; blood dripped onto his hand as he held the dagger fast. He forced her back against the adjacent building, her weight supported on his arm. He withdrew his dagger only to thrust it back in again and again, repeating the action many times. She wailed in indescribable pain, which was amplified when he sliced his secondary dagger into her abdomen. The trauma from the new wound quickened the inevitable and her eyes glazed over as her breathing stopped. He let the tattered mass of woman fall to the ground. After some moments of prayer he looked over to her again and saw that her ghost had left her body. He felt desire in his loins; a sigh escaped his lips.

"The biological urge must be fulfilled."Â? He went to hover over the corpse of the prostitute.

Hours later, a man clad in oxford cloth adorned with a priestly collar walked into the police precinct. Walking up to the receptionist, who was behind a wall and a thick layer of bullet proof glass.

"Good evening ma'am"Â? the priest stated, his Irish accent apparent."Â?Is Detective Sullivan In?"Â?

"May I ask who you are sir?"Â? the female officer replied.

"Tell him it is Father O'Leary"Â?

"Just a moment"Â? her attention turned to the telephone on her desk, she dialed a set of four numbers and awaited while a dial tone resonated.

"Hello?"Â? the Irish detective spoke into the phone.

Her lips curled in a smile as she heard his voice. "Hey It's Shannon in the lobby."Â? Her long island accent was pretty thick, "There's a Father O'Leary down here lookin' for you"Â?

he let out a sigh. "Allright,"Â? he paused. " Tell him I'll be down in a minute"Â?

The Lobby officer hung up the phone and turned her attention back to the priest. "He'll be right down, sir."Â?

"Thank you."Â? He smiled at her. He turned and walked to one of the benches that ran down both sides of the lobby. He began humming "Nearer My God to Thee"Â? to pass the time. As he reached the cadence of the old gospel classic, a White haired man clad in a sports coat and blue shirt and brown khaki pants walked through the locked doors and into the lobby. The Priest rose to his feet as he saw the detective enter.

"Jon."Â? The Detective smiled as he walked to the priest, a fake smile on his face.

"Hello Paul."Â? The priest replied, greeting him with a handshake. They Exchanged hands and the father got down to the heart of the matter.

"We Need to talk."Â?

"Fine,"Â? said the detective,"lets go for a walk around the block."Â?

The two walked for what was about five minutes before a word was exchanged between them. They found themselves alone at a bus stop somewhere downtown. The Priest showed five bills bearing the face of the late Benjamin Franklin.

"Tell me about the Sominelli murder."Â?

He paused a moment and sighed in protest. "We don't know much. What we know is that his thugs brought someone over to there to obviously torture and kill. But this guy had somethin' else in his mind. We found busted chains which means the bound him down but he broke through them, which is fuckin impressive, this guy musta been fuckin Houdini on crack. The guys we have on ice died from severe buckshot wounds, only a couple shots were fired, so we're thinkin' it was a sawed off. We think there's about fifty automatic rounds in the walls, But that was his thug."Â?

"What About Sominelli?"Â?

"We didn't find him, whoever this guy was he must have taken him with him when he escaped, 'cuz we found some wires in the parking lot suggesting someone hot-wired a car there recently."Â?

"He needed food,"Â? The priest whispered to himself.

"Who ever this guy was. I've never seen anything like that before. Only the Lord Jesus Christ could have made it out of that room alive."Â?

"What's the talk on the street?"Â?

"Talk is that Sominelli was furious about something, what it was we don't know. But we think it has something to do with his daughter, who was admitted to the hospital three days ago for contugions on her neck. She was complaining of feeling extremely weak, the doc's checked her out and found she had lost several pints of blood."Â?

The priest smiled, a look of triumph on his face.

"Thanks Paul."Â?the priest said, Indicating he knew all that he needed to.[/i]

"Fuck you man. I can't do this anymore, especially with you comin'down to the station. You know how much shit id be in if my captian found out I was sellin' information? This is the last time I can help you.I don't care if you bring 10 G's next time, I'm not sayin shit."Â?

"Fair enough."Â? the priest replied calmly. A bus pulled to the stop and flashed its lights.the door opened. Priest O'leary rose to his feet and offered detective Sullivan a handshake which the detective didnt take.

"Good day detective."Â? O'leary said as he withdrew his hand and boarded the bus.

"The scent of my prey Is in my nostrils. Apollyon,The Lord shall deliver you to me and I shall execute your punishment.Your days are numbered."Â?

He knew he was getting ready to move to Nacton, But with this incident he would be forced to move there tonight or risk exposure. Rogziel was headed back to his abandoned building where he would gather his belogings and take the next freight train to strike his prey down.

Rogziel 18 years ago
The lone Irishman walked through a long dead industrial section of New York City. Graffiti was tattooed across all the buildings around almost as numerous as the throng of cracks that ran up and down these forgotten buildings, both tall and short. darting your eyes back and forth one could see the occasional ruffian, or a group of 5 or 6 homeless people huddled around old steel drums that were makeshift fireplaces.they all knew well enough to keep their distance from him, and for good reason. The last beggar that bothered this deranged divine avenger found his final resting place to be the bottom of the steel drum that heated Rogziel's dilapidated residence.And the Last one whom he caught pilfering his personal effects ended up losing his extremities.He walked past all of them and to a tall slender building.

The second floor collapsed into the first years ago and made a conventional entrance impossible, to get to his home he had a sizeable jump to a ledge on the second floor. Rogziel tensed his legs and forced himself into the air, His hands grabbed onto the ledge and pulled himself up.he entered via a gaping hole in front of him. Looking around one could see the many religious symbols he had drawn on the walls with some charcoal. His clothing was hung on a rope that was bound to a beam in the center and tied to a pipe in the corner. All the same, Black Shirt, black slacks and black socks, all well maintained. past this was a workbench littered with his throwing knives, he had some 250 of them at the moment. they were all the same, a 5" blade and a 4" long celtic cross as the handle.they were very light,well crafted, and aerodynamic. He began putting them into the bottom of a duffle bag neatly one after the other.

After some time he finished and folded his clothes neatly and placed them in the same bag and took one last look around. he kissed the cross on his neck and knelt to the ground and said,

"Thou hast delivered the head of my enemy to me. Oh Lord, give me the strength that I may succeed and send you the souls of these demons to you for their judgement."

He lifted the bag and walked back outside. He jumped to the ground below, his legs showing not even a sign of waver. Making his way to the nearest freight station, he began walking. It was about twenty minutes away, and In a few hours his journey to Nachton would be complete.
Rogziel 18 years ago
The booming sound preceded the arriving freight train that about to be passing through Nachton. Ten cars from the locomotive, Rogziel looked down onto the industrial sector of Nachton. it was daytime, and that would make his landing.......somewhat difficult. At the rate the train was traveling, it would be hard to spot an appropriate place to land and not get disintegrated by exposure to the daylight. He saw some abandoned building about fifteen seconds ahead, if there was a time to jump it would be now. God would see to his safety. He readied his legs and saw his opportunity, a long abandoned coal pit. He willed his legs to hurl himself into the daylight. His skin grew redder with each passing millisecond. The moments spent exposed to sunlight although minute, seemed like a he
could feel the burning of God's condemnation coming from the source of all life. gravity finally took its hold on it's willing subject and pulled him to his target. Rogziel finally broke free of the sun and fell down what seemed to be three hundred feet. He hit the cement floor with a powerful impact. Racked with pain, he jumped to his feet with feline grace.

"By God, that hurt." he said softly, having just experienced about as much pain as he had felt in over 200 years. It was pitch black in this place and he would have to wait a couple moments for his eyes to adjust. contours of his surroundings began to take shape. Some details followed. He couldn't pay much attention to them however, the only thing on his mind was pain, eating through his brain. God only knows what he had broken on the way down, that kind of a fall would have turned a human into dog food. His balance skewed and his eyelids were extremely heavy. There was no use resisting this, he was going down whether he liked it or not. It was in that moment his legs gave out and he fell to the ground, unconscious.

He was back in his hometown of Ireland, in his parish near the stroke of midnight. Patrolling the streets and in search of this predator of men, a woman's scream cut through the night air. Benjamin took flight, running with all the speed his legs would allow. He followed the sound and discovered the object he had been searching for. He was expecting to see one of Lucifer's cohort, a being of charred skin with horns and clawed hands. But what he laid his eyes on was not anything resembling his anticipation. His eyes reported the sight of a rather large man, about six and a half feet in height and at least three hundred pounds. From what he could tell, his prey hadn't noticed him yet. benjamin discarded his cloak and revealed a girdle fit with a multitude of throwing knives. He took 6 of them out and placed one of the knives in each of the spaces between his fingers. He could hear the subdued woman moaning and speaking gibberish. This would end here and now. He would allow this man to terrorize his people no longer. Benjamin's legs pushed him with great speed, for a human. He moved in complete silence. Just as he closed in on his target, he released the knives from his fingers. He jumped high into the air and grabbed two more knives as each of the six found their way into the vampire's back. He hissed in pain and turned to face whatever had perpetrated this. Instead, he only found a knife sinking into his right shoulder blade. He winced again,saying something about a motherfucker as he looked up to see the small Irishman coming down upon him with 6 more knives between his fingers. Benjamin forced the knives in the top of the vampire's chest with all the strength he could muster. The vampire felt the pain from his injuries but he seemed to almost enjoy it. Instead of wavering, the vampire grabbed him by his neck and squeezed hard. He squirmed, trying to escape the powerful grasp of this creature. But the protest in him faded as felt the vampire's mammoth fist collide with his sternum. His breastbone almost gave way to this thing's fist. The oxygen in his lungs was forced out from the contraction of his chest cavity. Gaping for air and unable to defend himself, he felt himself thrown into the air. The horror of falling was only replaced by the despair of feeling his chin shatter upon the impact of another punch. The limp body of the priest sailed about six feet into the air and hit the ground with a thud. The vampire muttered obscenities as he retracted the knives from himself. Small amounts of blood dripping from each of his wounds. He walked over to the fallen priest, untethered by the wounds he received .

"Foolish priest, despite your valiant effort you are no match for the undead." The vampire gloated in triumph.

Something called Rogziel out of his slumber and his eyes opened. The pain that racked his body had finally ebbed.he could still feel the aching but it was exponentially lesser than earlier. He willed his legs to carry him, this time they obeyed and his eyes adjusted to the complete lack of light in this place.after some blind feeling around he was able to make his way out of the abandoned industrial building and into the night of Nachton.It was time to get to know his surroundings, it is advantageous to know the atmosphere in which you hunt; and with any luck he might actually happen upon that bastard and give him a taste of his future. Rogziel walked in the direction in which he had come off the train and hopefully that would take him downtown.

(OOC: Intro Done, Rogziel out. Lock Please)