Wandering ((Open))

Once in her room, Wren unpacked a few things, and changed from the stupid little skirt and sweater, to a pair of thick wool socks, blue jeans, a nice wool sweater, and boots. She put on her coat and wound a scarf around her neck.

She tugged a purse from one suitcase and transfered everything from her pockets and backpack into it. Tucking the keycard into her pocket, she headed out onto The Strip

Wren 18 years ago
((Sorry about that short post, my fat fingers fubar'd everything)

She walked down the left side of the street, going with the pace of the crowd, stopping occasionally to window shop. It so far was a really nice place and she decided fate had dealt her a good hand when sending her here, now if she could just find a job and a place to live, all would be gold.

Speaking of work, she wondered if this town even had a gentleman's club, she hadn't noticed any as she'd left the airport, but then she was trying to concentrate on not pissing herself so that didn't really count. Well she could always waitress.

She went back to walking until she came to what looked like a store that sold touristy stuff someone would find in China somewhere. Kimonos, silly sword sets, and other goofy little things. It had a fairly decent business going so, she decided to stare in through the window for a little while, to see if she really did want to go inside.
Wren 18 years ago
She moved further down the street resisting the urge to go in and spend her hard earned money in there. Her next stop however was not as easy to resist.

She stepped inside of the coffee bar and took a seat at the long nearly chest high counter, on one of the plushly topped stools. She took a deep breath, she loved the smell of leather and coffee, and this place had lots of both.

She was starting to feel just a little lonely and homesick, but she would get over it. She ordered their special of the day, a grilled turkey sandwich, taro chips, and a regular sized coffee drink (cold or hot). She paired it with their Christmas Spice Latte and was rewarded with a pleasant gingerbread flavor.

They served her sandwich with a glass of water and left her alone to enjoy in peace. She loved apathetic coffee bar...um workers for just that reason. They left you the fuck alone. She sighed softly and popped a chip into her mouth. They were surprisingly good.

((ooc feel free to join her she's just gunna sit and enjoy her sammich))
Milazo 18 years ago
Using his ability to blend into his surroundings and his supernatural agility, Drev slipped out of the alley where the young woman now slumped against the dirty wall amid the pile of boxes and trash. She hadn't been a big meal for him, but it'd be enough to satiate his hunger for a day or so. The girl wouldn't be found for probably another hour, but he didn't want anyone to see him leaving the scene. He'd never encountered trouble before, but he'd grown wise in his 700+ years of life... unlife... whatever.

He weaved in and out of the light foot traffic on the Strip easily. Those he passed might get a feeling of being watched or of someone nearby, but they wouldn't see him. Rather, they wouldn't remember seeing him. As he walked unnoticed, a group of people all but burst out of the door of a department store. Using the diversion, he let his Blending drop, muttering apologies for bumping into the people. Those exiting would think he just hadn't been watching where he was going, while anyone outside might think he had come out right behind them. No one would pay any mind to him, which was just what he wanted.

Continuing down the street, he passed a small coffee shop almost without noticing it. But as he passed the doors, the smell of coffee alerted him to his parched throat and the coppery aftertaste of the girl's blood. Slipping inside, he stepped up to the counter and ordered a beverage completely at random.

He chose a table near a girl with black hair, and sat down. His thoughts quickly turned to his upcoming 'date' with Serena. He was looking forward to it, though he wasn't sure he knew what they were going to do. Well, he could think of one thing, but that might not be on her mind.

'Damnit,' he said suddenly before he even realized he'd spoken aloud.
Wren 18 years ago
Looked up briefly at the man that has entered the coffee shop. He was big, but that didn't mean much. She went back to her sandwich, and was just about to take a sip of coffee when he exclaimed. She looked at him again and cocked a perfectly sculpted eyebrow.

"Burn your tongue?"
Milazo 18 years ago
Drev looked over at the woman with a look of curiosity. It took him a moment to realize he had spoken aloud, and that this attractive girl was addressing him.

"No," he started, and then continued on, unsure why he felt the need to elaborate to this stranger. "I forgot I was going to try to have a practice this morning, but now I don't have time," he went on, hoisting his cup of coffee as if he blamed it.

The look of consternation faded, replaced by a warm smile.
"Sorry if I disturbed you," he said and turned a little away from her, though there was a part of him that hoped she'd strike up a conversation.

'Well, look at you!' came a loud voice in Drev's mind. It was that woman... the woman he'd killed so many centuries ago. 'You haven't even gone on your... date... with that other hussy, and here you are, already thinking of ways to get into this wench's pants!'

Wincing against the mental berating, Drev forced the voice to quiet. It went unwillingly, but he managed to smile again at the raven-haired girl.
Wren 18 years ago
She tilted her head at him, he looked familiar, but then a lot of men did since their "twin" or they themself had visited her place of business. She shrugged it off, it didn't matter.

"You didn't."

She watched him wince at something and wondered what it was. Not caring in the least, but just a little curious.

"So what do you practice? If you tell me you're in a band, I'll get up and move away. It's a very tired line and I don't fall. "

She sipped from her coffee and studied the dreadlocked man, he really did look familiar.
Suki Langston 18 years ago
Suki rushed into her favorite coffee place. They had the most amazing mocha lattes. Plus she had made friends with the cashier, Julie, at her last job. Waiting to get up to the head of the line made her look around. The crowd was thick but mostly moving in for their coffee and back out on their way.

"Hey Jules!" she said after the dreadlocked guy made his way to a table. Julie rewarded her with a hug and her coffee without having to order. "If you have a break I could use a muffin and some quality gossip time!"

Her friend nodded an asked for fifteen minutes before tossing a wrapped chocolate chip muffin at her. Taking the treat and her cup to a table by the window, Suki settled in to wait. Watching the people around her she noticed the dread guy again, this time talking to a cute girl with black hair. Suki wished she hadn't tied hers up this morning and let it spray the ends like spikes about the back of her head. She smoothed it down and realized she had placed her coffee stirrer in the mass of hair.

She rolled her eyes as she plucked it out. Turning her attention to the cafe, she easedropped shamelessly while disecting her muffin.
Milazo 18 years ago
Drev couldn't help but laugh. It turned into a deep laugh, and it felt good. He turned back to the girl, this time with eyes sparkling.

"Actually, I was in a band until a couple months ago," he explained with a small roll of his eyes. "But that's not what I was going to practice." He paused then, suddenly realizing that he didn't know if his martial art had a specific name. He'd never really thought about it until now, surprisingly. He'd just always referred to it as his Blades. Well, if it did have a name, he'd never heard it. "I was going to practice my Blades, actually. But it can wait I guess. What's another day tacked onto three weeks anyway?" He asked with a small chuckle.
Wren 18 years ago
Wren's eyes followed the slightly bouncy tiny asian woman. She had to hide a smile when she got her stirrer..is that a word...stuck in her hair. She'd done that herself before. She returned her attention back to the man and laughed softly.

"Well, I guess that's better than a band. So are Blades like a martial art? I knew a guy that practiced..oh...um...Kendo! With swords. Is it like that?"

She loved martial arts, and likened them to dancing when she watched someone go through forms. She's had a friend in school that was an instructor and could watch him for hours. Almost as log as she could watch a ballerina.
Milazo 18 years ago
'Kendo' - yes, he had heard that name before. He was very unfamiliar with the term, but it sounded right. "Probably is," Drev offered as he extended a hand to the other chair at his table in unspoken invitation. "I was taught by a samurai in Japan... many... years ago. He wasn't one for titles and labels, so..." Drev shrugged and took a sip of coffee. "The only rules he taught were Bushido, and I'm probably boring you, aren't I?"
Wren 18 years ago
Actually he wasn't boring her at all. She looked dow at her mostly empty plate and decided there wasn't any reason she couldn't join him. It wasn't like sharing coffee with him meant he was going to try and jump her. 'Yeah, fat chance.'

"Nope, you're not." She picked up her cup and plate and moved over to his table, putting the plate on the farside out of the way. She'd take it up to the counter in a minute.

"Wren, by the way." She gestured at herself as she got comfortable. "I find the martial arts fascinating, but I've never heard of...what did you call it...Bushido."
Milazo 18 years ago
"Drev," he said by way of introduction. He watched as she moved from her table, watching the way her body moved. He could often tell a lot about a person just by watching them move. He saw a confidence in her, strength, but also... something a little shy perhaps?

He took another sip and leaned back to readjust the ponytail his dreads were in. He enjoyed talking about Bushido and Samurai. It wasn't often he met someone equally interested in it.

"Bushido is a set of seven rules - guidelines really - that a Samurai lives by. It literally means 'way of the warrior.'" He finished tying his hair back and leaned forward. He took a small sip of coffee or mocha or whatever the hell it was he ordered before continuing. "Rectitude, courage, benevolence, respect, honesty, honor, and loyalty," he recited with a small smile, a bit surprised that he remembered them all. "It all sounds so noble and wonderful," he went on with a small smirk, "but it can be difficult in these days of certain temptations."
Wren 18 years ago
She gave a small laugh, that had a bitter edge to it. "I can imagine that it is." Wren sipped from her coffee and smiled a bit more genuinely.

"There are a great many people that could do with some time with that teacher of yours." She tilted her head to one side and slid his name trough her mind, it touched something, but she had no idea what.

"Drev in an unusual name. Does it mean something or is is short for like Drevlander?" She gave a tiny giggle, she really shouldn't be so obnoxious to nice men who want to drink coffee with her. 'Right, another fat chance.'
Milazo 18 years ago
"Drevlander?" he asked with widened eyes. A moment later, he burst into laughter again. "No," he said, chuckling. "Just Drev - a nickname I picked up along the way." The smile lingered on his lips as he looked at his coffee companion. "Your name - Wren...? Like the small bird?"
Wren 18 years ago
Her grin widened into a smile when he laughed at her joke, so few people thought she was funny. She personally found herself hilarious.

"Yes, like the little bird. Not everyone knows that. I was asked if I was named after a spaceship once." She sipped her coffee and held a hand out like a gossip telling a good piece of news. "I clocked him and told him he should get out more."

She set her coffee down and looked at him, really looked at him and let his name slide around in her head. She had heard that name before...no read it on the back of...an album cover for...shit what was that band called some metal band. 'Man what was that? He looks just like that guy. Oh my God, what if it is him? That would be cool. To meet a rock star that isn't drunk or stoned and trying to grab my tits.' Ok that happened once and he wasn't even really well known, but it would still be cool.

She so wasn't going to ask if it was him and then be told no, because she didn't have any desire to make a fool out of herself her first night in Nachton?...yeah Nachton.
Milazo 18 years ago
Drev chuckled, even though he didn't know what she was talking about. Then she got that look in her eyes as she looked at him, and he knew she recognized him. 'Before you even get home, the whole city's going to know who you are,' he chided himself. He sat forward, smiling, and let her mind work through the puzzle on its own.
Wren 18 years ago
She drank from her coffee again and found it empty. 'Shoot. I'm going to have to order another one..in a minute.' She decided that she wasn't going to ask, and sound like either an idiot or a silly fangirl pretending to be nonchalant.

"So are you a Nachton native? I just got here myself. Are there any interesting places that I should keep in mind?"
Milazo 18 years ago
Drev wasn't surprised at her question. So many people tried to play it off when they realized who he was. He'd just go with it and let her proceed at her own pace. "I just moved here a few months ago, stayed for a couple weeks, left again, and now I just got back the other day. So no, I guess I'm not a native," he said with a smile. "And I'm afraid I don't know many of the sights. I take it you're not a native, either?"
Wren 18 years ago
'I just said, I just got here. He must have missed that." She sipped at her water in the absence of coffee and nodded at him.

"I've been in town all of three hours actually. So far I like it. If you don't mind my asking, what made you choose Nachton? Surely you could have lived some place like LA or New York and been much more...comfortable."

There see, that wasn't so bad. He was that guy from that band, only guys from bands that know you know and are pretending not to know get that look on their face. Yeah, because she'd had a lot of experience with famous people.

It just didn't matter he would confirm it for her with out her ever having to say. 'Hey you're that guy from that band aren't you?'
Suki Langston 18 years ago
Suki was quite surprized to hear the two talking about martial arts. But even more so when the lovely woman joined the dreadlock guy. Interesting. She glanced around again, pretending not to listen. Unfortunately her stealth only served to open up opportunity and Jules pounced on her. They chatted about mutual friends and coworkers briefly. Good gossip like who was dating who, who slept with whos significant other and who was on the make.

Suki laughed happily at the gossip while a tiny portion of her mind took note on who Cyrus might find tasty for a night. Julie's few minutes were cut short as a herd of seniors stampeded into the store. Smiling at her friend who resumed working with a determined smile.

The crowd gave her a reason to drop her muffin remains into the trash for a decent burial and move to the window bar seating, which was closer to the martial arts discussion. She wondered what studio they went to here in Nachton.