physiology question

So it came up in conversation and I wonder if vampire hair grows. Now I don't just mean the hair on our heads, but you know...that hair.

So that's my embarrassing question for today...

Aishe 18 years ago
O_-
Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
I'll try to dig up the exact quote, but basically a vampire's body is maintained from the time of his/her turning. So, for example, Thaddeus actually had fairly long hair (nothing on Alfarinn or anything, but still) and he cuts it short frequently now because it's always trying to grow back to its last human form, if that makes sense.

So...depends on what one had when one was turned. .
Ginnie 18 years ago
So if Ginnie wants to be Bare-ly there then she'll need to maintain just as a human would. Gotcha. Thanks. *blush*
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Ack! So modern vamps that get turned are buzzcut for good? Bummer!
Shay 18 years ago
Ah yes...but just think...no more wax jobs either!
Alfarinn 18 years ago
yeah except Ginnie was not around in the time of wax jobs in the first place so she'd still have to have them like anyone else.

The vampire body strives to stay the way it was when turned but at a normal rate. So if Alfarinn shaved the pitiful excuse for a beard that he had when he was turned it would grow back at a normal rate. Thaddeus's hair was around shoulder length and he now cuts it shorter...except for recently. Everything about a vampire is like that, they don't get any taller obviously, fingernails would not grown any longer but could be cut short. A vampire could not gain weight nor lose it. They might look a bit sunken and malnurished were they starved for blood but that's about it.
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Ooo...so if Fatty became a vampire pooch, he'd still be Fatty? Poor poochie.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
LOL, yep old and tired for eternity, poor puppy
Rachyl 18 years ago
Alfarinn

The vampire body strives to stay the way it was when turned but at a normal rate.

Wouldn't that be really bad for, say, implants?
Talon 18 years ago
I'd imagine it would be more like the body strives to maintain itself the way it was when it was changed. so Implants, if they were there would be fine, or pierced ears wouldn't heal they would stay the way they were when you were alive...
Rachyl 18 years ago
Talon
I'd imagine it would be more like the body strives to maintain itself the way it was when it was changed. so Implants, if they were there would be fine,

That's what I'm saying. If you get implants -after- turning... wouldn't the body try to... *holds gorge* push them out?

Alfarinn 18 years ago
Probably wouldn't take to well to them....no. O_O
Aishe 18 years ago
Erm...

Bad visual. Down. No cookie.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Rachyl said it! *snatchs cookie and runs*