Word play.

'Fuck.' Carol checked the temperature of her pot plants and noticed they were drying out. She sighed, just wasn't enough room in this little closet within her walk in closet. She dipped her fingers into the soil and made a sad face. 'I wonder if I can run a cord for a humidifier in here? Bah.' She stood and pulled her clothes out for the day.

Walking out into her office, she reached back and checked the seam of her outfit. It was a bright orange suede jump suit with matching buckled boots that stopped just below her knee. She checked herself in a mirror. 'I am covered completely in a dead cow. Wow.' Her only exposed skin was her neck, face and hands. The rest...pure dead cow. 'Yeah baby,' she laughed.

Carol turned and walked to her desk. Opening her drawer she pulled out a Capri Sun, berry flavor. 'God damn straws.' She unwrapped the offensive draw and started trying to penetrate the foil of the teeny tiny hole.

[Carol!]

SQUISH! She jumped, sending her straw completely through to the other side of her drink and she squeezed it, all over her desk. 'Simon!' She slapped her hand over her mouth. She took a deep breath and then looked for a tissue.

[Simon?]

Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Simon entered the Domicile from the main entrance. He passed the lobby and looked over at Carol's door. He stopped at a computer panel and checked to see if she was in her office. He then checked to see if Ellis was in as well. She wasn't. Still, he wasn't going to take that chance.

A small smile crept up into his lips and he walked over to one of the couches in the lobby. He sat and put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes.

[Carol!]

[Simon?], she replied.

He let himself smile just then. He could hear her voice perfectly as if she was right in front of him. She was just on the other side of the door he was looking at and the urge to go in and touch her was insane. Simon found it ironic that now he couldn't think of what to actually say to her.

[So...how are you?]

He rolled his eyes and blushed.
Carol 18 years ago
[I'm depressed. My pot plants are dying.]

She tried not to laugh out loud as she cleaned up her drink. Throwing wet tissues into the basket, she grinned to herself. Simon was shy, who knew? Carol wondered if she'd be any different around him or if he'd even expect her to. Because she most certainly was not going to fucking change. Potential love of her life or not, her quirks are what make her unique. Who wants to be normal anyway?

[Where are you? Are you nearby? How far does this thing reach, anyway?]
[I'm sitting on the couches outside your office. I'm the tall guy with the hands behind his head and the ridiculous smile on his face.]

Simon blushed hard again. He's never flirted with anyone, much less Carol. Their relationship in the past has always been cordial but her flirting and constant talking around him was always just semi ignored. He learned to filter out her inquisitive remarks and cursing, so talking to her now made me feel almost uncomfortable. There was a lot to learn about her and the dynamics of their relationship.

He couldn't put into words how excited he actually was.

Carol made a purring noise and he laughed outl oud. An odd sight he must've been, sitting relaxed on the couch, with his eyes close and a goofy smile. The thought of actually looking at her face to face and talking suddenly made him queasy.

Fourteen hundred years old and you'd think he would've learned how to talk to women.
Carol 18 years ago
[Right outside? What a coincidence, I have to walk outside my office right now! Think it's fate?]

Carol hoped Simon liked her sense of humor. Well, he must right? Carol had an odd way of looking at the world and interacting with it. The world should come with its own laugh track. No wait, she should have her own laugh track. She was quite confident in the knowledge that she was fucking hilarious.

[I hope you don't plan on talking to me during the day like this. It's distracting and you know I'm stripping in the afternoons now.]

She stood, giving her desk a final wipe down and discarded the tissues into the garbage can under her desk. She ran to her walk in closet which was attached to her bathroom and bedroom and she washed her hands. Checking her hair and turning to look at her butt, she gave herself the thumbs up and walked to her office lobby door.
Simon chuckled softly. He always liked Carol's sense of humor and he was relieved that she didn't seem to change since they started this thing between them. She was always like a hyper butterfly around him. Always asking questions, always saying the filthiest things out of those angel like lips. She was fun, much like Ellis, but he knew that Carol wasn't up to something when he heard her laugh. Even this little time they had together meant more to him than he could ever vocalize.

Her door opened and she came walking out, not looking at him. He felt his chest tightened as he casually looked at her. There were cameras everywhere and they just couldn't risk acting out of the norm.

He blinked.
'Carol.'

[Orange suede. I had no idea they made it that color.] He paused in his mind, looking her up and down. [Do you find it ironic that I'm more attracted to you the more you cover up?]

'Nice outfit.'
Carol 18 years ago
Carol turned and looked at him. Her eyes narrowing, her lips puckering up in thought. 'Simon, you look bored. Are we having a sit down after a quick bite to eat out?'

[I wondered about that. So the more I wear, the more you get turned on? Should I go buy a parka?]

She strolled over to him, acting her part. In a normal situation, Simon would ignore her and Carol would do her best to annoy him. More often than not, she'd flirt heavily with him so ironically, it was all working out.

[This is incredibly odd, by the way. We really need to find a place to canoodle. We get to canoodle right? I signed up for some canoodling, so I want some canoodling.]
'I'm waiting,' he said in a monotone voice, still looking at her with his hands behind his head.

[Canoodling?] He hoped that she would be able to tell the difference in the inflection of his voice. In his mind he lowered his voice to a very soft rumble and said very slowly, [Is that what the kids are calling it these days?]

Simon lowered his hands and draped them on the couch arms, then very quickly gave her a wink. He watched her eyes widen and then he returned to his normal blank expression.
Carol 18 years ago
She put her hands on her hips and walked closer to him until she stood just in front of him. She gave him a stern look. 'Oh you're waiting in my lobby, dirtying up the furniture? Oh.' Then she half jumped up and landed in his lap. Again, it was something she had actually done before. Just to annoy him which she was never sure if she had. He'd always just finish his conversation and then pick her up like a bag of cotton balls and set her down. 'You need to get out more, Simon. Take up a hobby. Gardening maybe?'

She tilted her head and gave him a wry smile. [I know what you're doing.]
He wasn't expecting that. Simon flinched as she jumped and landed on him, which considering how he was feeling at the moment, probably the best of ideas.

[Oh you're on to me, are you?]
Carol 18 years ago
[Yes I am. You're flirting with me. Don't deny it!]

She was fully aware that he was fully aware, so to speak. Carol smiled and gave him a wiggle.

'So where's Ellis?'
He gave her a look and tapped her knee. 'She should be along shortly, I think. I was waiting on her.'

[I'm not denying anything. Stop moving.] He blushed, despite his blank expression.
Carol 18 years ago
'I can keep you company if you like? Nothing to do except terrorize some people in the abby for a decent drink.'

[Another denial! I'm onto your ways, mister.]
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
'Should I get my camera?'

Upon turning the corner and entering the lobby, Ellis saw Carol in Simon's lap and smirked.

'Really now, is something quite dirty happening here? If so...can I join?'

Poor defenseless Simon. She wondered if he ever took the time to get to know Carol, other than being her familiar. Suppose he really couldn't, she figured. Ellis decided she wouldn't mind having Carol in for their romps. It would be interesting. She's such a good familiar. So trust worthy.
Simon looked up and felt his stomach shrivel into knots. He maintained his expression of borderline annoyance and replied in a monotone voice, 'Sure. I'll grab the lights.'

[We'll have to continue this later.] He slipped his arm underneath her legs and lifted her.
Carol 18 years ago
Carol gave Ellis a bright smile.

[Jesus I almost swallowed my tongue there.]

As Simon lifted her, she put her arms around his neck and pouted. 'Really Simon, you need to loosen up.' She played with his hair as he stood with her in his arms. 'Two is better than one.'

[I don't want to ever do this, by the way. Your hair is soft.]
[Me neither and thank you.]

He lifted her up off him and stood up from the couch. He let go of her legs and let her slide down him. Par for the course, but it excited him nonetheless. He looked over at Ellis who seemed to be enjoying it more than either one would appreciate.

'Are you ready?'
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis approached the two as they disengaged themselves. She reached out and touched Carol's hair.

'You should consider this, Simon.' He titled his head and looked at her. 'Fine,' she pouted. She ran a finger down Carol's neck and purred. 'Shall I see you later, Carol?' The question was an invitation and its meaning quite obvious.
Carol 18 years ago
[Help.]

Carol gave her mistress a wink. 'You know where to find me, Ellis. You need only come call.'

[S. O. S.]
'Don't forget about Addison. You've only bitten him once, right? Do not neglect the bond.'

Speaking of bonds almost made him laugh out loud. Ellis gave him a face and turned on her heel.

Simon looked at Carol and gave her a small smile.

[Told you I'd protect you.]
Carol 18 years ago
[My hero.] She waved goodbye as Ellis exited the lobby.

[Maybe we can meet somewhere later? To talk of course, I don't want you putting a finger on me you filthy beast.]

She put her hands behind her back and swayed. She wanted to grab him and kiss him but the smile would have to do.