Meandering...open

As she walked along the marina, Fallon tried to convince herself this was still a good idea...moving here.

Though she'd had three interviews today, the last one for a administrative assistant position, here in the marina, none of them seemed too promising.

And now she was tired, and slightly depressed, but trying hard to fight it off. Instead of getting into her car and driving back to the hotel, she had chosen to walk around the marina. It was getting late, and the sun had already set. She was a little hungry, and if she found someplace not prohibitively priced, she might have her dinner down here.

She'd walked into the visitor's center and was now watching the fish, swimming about in the aquariums. Fish always had a way of calming her, though that wasn't surprising. Studies had shown that aquariums often had that effect on people, and that was why so many doctors and dentists had them in their offices.

Finding a nice bench nearby, she sat down and kicked off one of her shoes. She rubbed the stockinged foot as she continued to watch the fish, and hoped she had better luck on the job front tomorrow.

Panos Mehalitsenos 18 years ago
He ran until his lungs hurt and still Birseis galloped easily along side of him. The water started to appear off to his left and he stopped for a breath. Bending over at the waist he placed his hands on his knees and panted. Looking up at the beast before him he laughed and petted her massive head.

two hundred feet in front of him the large welcome center loomed, spraying the darkness around it with light. He saw a lone female inside and looked back to Birseis. So groaned and ran off to the dark waters of the marina and jumped in. The water had to be freezing but she swam around in it like it was a warm bath.

Panos took that as his cue and jogged to the large building. He entered slowly and quietly and noticed her taking off one of her shoes. She began to rub the foot and he approached. They were alone in the building so he moved lightening quick to get behind her. It was late but he didn't know how long they'd be alone.

He stood behind her so close that her hair brushed up against his shirt. He could see his reflection in the fish tank and was sure that she too could see it.

In one movement he slipped his hand up under her hair and played with it from underneath.

The fish, they are forgetful creatures. Everytime they swim from side to side it's brand new to them. An everlasting surprize.
Fallon 18 years ago
She had no idea how long he'd been there, but she hadn't noticed him until she felt his hand under the back of her hair.

As quick as she could, Fallon stood up and backed away...her shoe, purse, everything on the bench where she had been sitting.

"Whaaat.....what do you want?"

Her breath was coming in short spurts, and she felt a clammy sensation creeping up her body...centering around the back of her neck. She looked him over...he was a bit rough looking, but she normally wouldn't have been concerned, had she met this boy on the street...for he did appear young. She liked younger people...teenagers...they got along well with her. She could identify with their problems, and appreciated their joys.

But not to come creeping upon her, and then violate her personal space...by...touching her...
A slow sinister smile crept over his face. She had moved like lightening to get away from him. He liked it.

Why, you of course. You didn't think I came for your belongings did you? What i want costs much more than that.

he slowly moved the hand that had been on her neck to rest onto the bench. He leaned forward slightly, watching her breathe. It was short and fast and he could tell by the wild look in her eyes that she was the 'flight' type of person. That was good, fighters sometimes made it unworth the challenge.

Your hair is soft, i wouldn't mind feeling it again.

he made a quick jerk to his right as if he were to come after her, but in reality he didn't move at all. It was all in his upper torso.
Fallon 18 years ago
Fallon's eyes were glued to the boy. She didn't think she was even blinking...she wasn't sure she was even breathing, except she hadn't fainted, so she guessed something was working without thought.

"Please...don't...I'm..."

Fallon stopped pleading. She had done nothing but plead for the past few years, and knew it did no good. In fact, it often just exacerbated the situation.

"My hair?"

She was getting more frightened though. With Ted she knew to expect a few slaps, maybe even a punch or two...but he was usually too drunk to do more. With this boy she didn't know what to expect, and that's why she was so scared.

"I'm going to just get my things, and go now...okay?"

Maybe if she remained calm, and moved slowly he'd let her go. Did she have anything to lose either way?

She inched towards her purse, which she had to get, as her car keys were in it. When he jerked though, she gasped, and stopped.
He laughed when she gasped. She wanted to get to her things. Why did she have a can of mace? It wouldn't bother him that much. Even if she had sprayed him she wouldn't be able to run away fast enough. He would catch her.

Well, ok i suposse go ahead and get your things.

He stood and looked thougthful for a moment and then scowled.

Are you fucking stupid? What kind of ridiculous shit would that be. Why don't i just give you my address too so you can take it over to the police station. You must be dense. But that's ok, too stupid know danger unless it hit ya in the face. Don't worry though i'm not going to hit you.

A laughed tore from his mouth. Sure, he wasn't going to hit her, but he'd sure as hell bite her.

He felt the adrenaline rushing in his body, felt the thrill rushing up through his body and he clenched his fists open and then released them. Such a pretty girl he thought to himself. It is a shame that i will most likely be killing you tonight.
Fallon 18 years ago
Being beat up by her husband was one thing. Being attacked...or raped by someone else was another. She'd left Ted to stop the violence, and yet it seemed she'd walked right into it all over again.

But Fallon broke then. Whether it was being tired from job hunting...or still feeling anxious in a new town...whatever it was, she decided she could not just give in and take it anymore.

"Please! I just can't deal with this anymore...I left my fucking husband to get away from the beatings...I can't just let you take over where he left off!"

She yelled at him, grabbed for her purse, and started running.
'Well..that was...interesting enough of a speech.' Panos thought to himself.

He waited and counted to ten. It wasn't fun if he didn't give them a head start.

Ten. He turned and darted after her. She hadn't gone far in the ten seconds he had given her and he was slightly disapointed. He slowed his run a little bit.

Wait stop! I just wan't to talk to you! No sooner were the words out of his mouth than did he begin to laugh hysterically.

Whoever said playing with your food was bad wasnt a vampire.
Fallon 18 years ago
Stupid she wasn't. Petrefied almost to the point of hysteria, she was. Figuring her chances of getting away were slim to none, what did she have to lose in running? Maybe she'd run into someone...it wasn't that late...surely someone would still be about. Even the restaurant...yes...there would be people there!

"Leave me ALONE! Fire! Fiiiiiiiiiiire!"

The first thing that popped into her head was not to yell help, but to yell fire. And then as she noticed there didn't seem to be anyone else around, she started running for her car. Unfortunately, in her haste she didn't see the step leading from the walkway she was on, up to the sidewalk towards the parking lot, and took a header onto the concrete. The force of the fall knocked the wind from her lungs, and scraped the front of her right knee, badly.

As she gasped for air, she grabbed her purse, thinking if worse came to worse at least she could use it to swing at him. She was amazed she could even think, as she sucked in air, and the pain of her bloodied knee brought tears to her eyes.
He jogged up to wear the woman had fallen. He had seen her take the nasty fall and cringed. The tears in her eyes made them shine in the moon eeirly. She was clutching her purse fiercly and he did not get to close.

Well this isn't fun now is it? It's not supossed to happen like this. Your supossed to run to your car, fumble with your keys and that's when i catch up and snatch you away and do all sorts of horrible mean things to you.

He leaned forward a bit.

Give me the purse.
Fallon 18 years ago
Sobbing softly now, Fallon handed her purse to him. Her earlier bit of resistance fled, as quickly as it had appeared. She just wasn't a fighter.

"Yyyyou ccan have it. Bbbut I have no jjjob...and all my mmmmoney is in there."

She was frightened, and crying, and getting cold...all of which contributed to her inability to talk without stuttering. She had a little over sixteen hundred of her two thousand dollars still remaining in her purse. But with no job or prospects, it really wasn't that much. That was why she had not left it behind when she ran. That and her car keys.

"Pplease leave my kkkeys, and cccar then?"

At least then she could live in her car...maybe she could call Valentine, and beg her for a job, at least until she could get back on her feet. Things were bleak, but not hopeless...yet.

"I pppromise you...I won't tell anyone what you look like...if you jjust let me go and don't hurt me."

The will to live was strong, otherwise she would have never left her husband. It was that will that now prevented her from just lying there idly, ready for whatever he wanted to do to her.
He snorted and snatched her purse. She was kind of pathetic in the fact that she wasn't fighting at all. The pretty woman that he now hovered over reminded him of an abused dog. Subserviant with a tiny bit of will. But when caught she dropped to the ground and exposed her belly like any other mutt.

Lady, I think you just changed my mind.

He placed the bag over his shoulder and dropped the keys on her. When she had picked them up he grabbed her quickly and in one fell swoop and tossed her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

Your going to drive me where I tell you to, or your going to die.
Fallon 18 years ago
Before she had time to cry out, she was flung across his body and carried off.

But at least he was talking in options now...she could drive him where he needed to go...that was easy. She might even see a police officer, or someone who could help her, along the way.

"Where...where did you want me to drive you? I'm new here, you will need to tell me how to go."

She tried to sound a little eager, only because she thought maybe once he got where he needed to go, he'd just send her on her way. It was a small possibility, but until she thought of something better, the only possibility she had to cling to.
I'll tell you how to get there. Fortunatly for me, you being new to this area, there is a really good chance you wont be able to remember how to get back.

That was the last thing he needed. Someone to remember where he lived. Chryseis would be ripe that he had gotten his hiding spot uncovered so soon.

Which car is it.
Fallon 18 years ago
She relaxed a tiny bit more when he told her she would be 'able' to try and get back. That would be a minor issue, as long as she was still alive.

"The green Toyota RAV...over by the fountain."

She couldn't really point it out from the position she was in, but she would do whatever it took not to anger him again, if at all possible.
He walked fast as not to attract the attention of anyone. Not that there was anyone out this late at night at the marina but just in case.

He found the car she had spoke of and hit the remote lock. It popped with a soft click and set her on her feet somewhat gently. He looked her in the eyes and made sure she had no where to run out of his reach.

Get in and start driving out of town. AKA north.
Fallon 18 years ago
She quickly did as he ordered, just as soon as he joined her in the vehicle.

The radio came on rather loudly when she started the car, and she quickly shut it off. The normally companionable music was nothing but annoying at the moment.
She also rolled down her window half way, to let the cold air blow in her face. The last thing she wanted was to get warm and lethargic, or distracted, as she drove. With the cold air she hoped she'd be able to stay as alert as possible.

Because Fallon had come into the city from the south, she just found that highway, and headed in the same direction she'd been driving when she got off in Nachton.

She drove with one hand on the steering wheel, and the finger of her other hand in her mouth. She had already chewed the nail almost to the quick, and was now just gnawing on what was left.
9ooc: out and moving to residence!)
Fallon 18 years ago
(ooc - everyone is out of this thread - it can be locked )